1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Chaos Element: X

Chaos Element: X

Have you ever hit the seed that you wanted? I mean, did you get a Zekrom with [probably] the correct IVs but wrong nature? If so, then you're RNGing correctly - it's just, a parameter called "timer0" is fluctuating... for example - for me, timer0 is usually C7C, but at times C7B interferes with my RNGing. Just keep trying and you'll get the correct timer0 for your seed... albeit, not 100% of the time.

In that case, if you know you're RNGing correctly and occasionally get the IVs you want, but the wrong nature, then remember to save before talking to Zekrom - that'll advance the frame from the RNG controlling natures (PID). If, with one save, it's still the wrong nature (whenever you get the Zekrom with the proper IVs), then RNG again, but save twice - keep adding on saves until you get the right nature with the right IVs. It's a matter of guessing and checking... and well, the fluctuating timer0 will sometimes cause you to get the wrong IVs... You just have to keep trying.

I should tell you, though, that there IS a way to control the PIDRNG... it's actually pretty easy, so you don't have to resort to guessing & checking, and adding on one save each time you RNG... View the bearfans video in post 3 of this thread.
  2. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Sounds like you're using an outdated version. Natures haven't been theoretical since the early beta stages.
  3. BI0QUAKE

BI0QUAKE

Oh! hrmm...... that would explain alot.... Thanks! So the updated version is the one in the 1st post of this thread?
  4. Zandock

Zandock

Fifteen seconds? It takes me over an hour to search a full month with three keypresses.
  5. BI0QUAKE

BI0QUAKE

Thanks for the info about the updated version! So I've gotten the Method 5 PIDRNG up and I've discovered what encounter slot the karrablast is on, so how do you advance this frame?
  6. Toast++

Toast++ > Nexus
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

Yeah.. if it only takes 15 seconds, you're doing something horridly wrong. I'm running a beastly machine with 8 threads and it's still taking much longer than that claim. The reason you can't search multiple months is that it takes the average computer 1 to 2 hours to perform that search. For that reason, you won't ever see a version that allows you to search more than one month at a time. If anything, the increments would need to be made smaller so that computers can handle it. The search often maxes out the CPU (90-95%) for that length of time. Without a good cooling system, that can easily fry your processor. In fact, I think OD should probably put a warning on there somewhere even though the GNU Licence explicitly holds the creators as not responsible for any issues caused by the software.
  7. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

He might be doing no keypress combo, in which mine gets done in about 15-25 seconds. As for 1 Keypress combo does indeed take a long while, I usually watch an anime and it's done. So anywhere from 15-20 mins. I don't really want to imagine what a 3 keypress combo will take xD!
  8. voodoo pimp

I'm searching with no keypresses (I've never been able to hit them properly, so I find it easier to just not use them); maybe that has something to do with it?

Anyway, having the option to search lengths of time other than a single month seems like it would be a good feature, both for lower-end computers that might have trouble with it and for higher-end computers that can handle the sustained activity.
  9. MMX

MMX

What does it mean when I get a shiny spread with a bolded nature?
  10. Zandock

Zandock

Synchronize frame. You can make that frame be any nature you want.
  11. MMX

MMX

What about breeding?
  12. Elemt

Elemt

Breeding is a different PID. You can syncronize like 60% of the PID frames with an everstone on either parent.
  13. xxwerdxx

xxwerdxx

Everstone works on either parent in breeding now?
  14. MMX

MMX

Is anyone else getting 600+ spreads when they search for 3 keypress combos?
  15. xxwerdxx

xxwerdxx

A quick question about key combos. When exactly do you start to hold the buttons down that it says, and when do you let go? I have only done rngs that require no buttons to be held.
  16. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

if i want good shiny spreads for RNGing wild pokemon should i use key presses? the seeds i find shiny for no keypresses mostly suck lol. let me know if i need to add more info
  17. Bizzo

Bizzo

Ok I've finally decided to go RNG my Thundurus and I just found a seed that gives 31/30/30/31/31/31 on frame 11.
    It also gives me a shiny Thundurus with Timid Nature on PID frame 163. :D
    Now im not sure if this is correct but I assume so if I advance the iv frame by walking 256 steps with 5 pokemon in my party, the PID frame won't advance (not counting stupid NPCs) since im not walaking in the grass right?

Also where do I start walking? I'd assume it to be just outside the house where the old woman is. Also will the weather effects mess with my PIDRNG
  18. Zandock

Zandock

Hold the buttons immediately after pressing A to start the game. I hold them until the comet appears on screen and it works fine for me.

More keypresses means a lot more available seeds.

You want to save inside the house and do all your advancements inside. Walking in there won't advance your PID frame. The weather during the event will give you a starting PID way over 163, though.
  19. Bizzo

Bizzo

Damm so I won't be able to hit that PID frame then?
  20. MMX

MMX

When breeding, is it possible to hit a shiny frame of 44, 46, or 48.
  21. voodoo pimp

I think the minimum frame for it is something like 1000. It's going to be ridiculously difficult regardless (third post says it's the most difficult of all).
    Possible, but unlikely. The starting PID range is 40-60, so it's going to start higher than that more often than not.
  22. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

really? wow i never knew that lol thats interesting to find out. so if i found my parameters without keypresses i can do seeds with keypresses correct?
  23. voodoo pimp

It makes sense if you think about it. One keypress gives you 12 options, compared to one for no presses. Two keypresses make another 66 combinations, and three are a further 220 if I did the math correctly. Assuming all are equally likely, that comes out to 299 different possible combinations of keys. So yeah, you'll get a lot.
  24. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

You can go even deeper with theoretical keypresses (beyond complex) :)

in the research thread you can combine the 3 keypress modifying groups to get liek 1000+ combinations. But nobody wants 5 button keypresses.
  25. MMX

MMX

Seed: 5D8001820DFE9BA7
    Date: 5/14/2011
    Time: 6:21:16
    Keypress: Select+Right+R
    Shiny Frame: 209
    IVs: 2/28/2/30/31/30
    Everstone: Calm
    Inheritance: Ma / Fe / x / Fe / x / x

Foongus: 4/30/22/30/31/1
    Ditto: 31/30/31/30/31/30

How do I start finding the PID frame for eggs?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)