1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Elemt

Elemt

You search 3 "X's" because those 3 are the ones you want to have inherited by your parents. If you are going for a shiny PID, that PID must inherit the "X's" in order for your parent to be flawless/desired IVs. The X values do not matter as long as they are inherited. You also can leave the 31 SpA as X because it does not need SPAtk.
  2. pikabuddy

pikabuddy

Is it possible to RNG Pokemon found in water?

Is it possible to RNG Dust Clouds for items (mainly Gems)?
  3. Turtwig

Turtwig

You can RNG in water.

Considering when I tried to get an Excadrill a while ago, I kept finding the same gems over and over (quite frustrating to be honest), the answer is yes.
  4. Pokethan

Pokethan

Im having trouble finding where my nature PID starts on the seed I am using to RNG Zorua. I saved right in front of it and am hitting my seed alright I just can't find where the natures start. Here are the natures I got so far starting with not saving once then saving up. If someone could help find where the natures start in the seed i would really appreciate it.

Natures in order:
    Gentle
    Impish
    Naive
    Lax
    Docile
    Lonely

Full Seed: 804D42CBFADD6AC0
  5. V4Victini

V4Victini [22:01] <&Stellar> I'm gonna edit ALL the YAML files
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

6. Pokethan

Pokethan

Are they really that erratic? I don't have any moving NPCs in the room? Could the TV be increasing the PID?
  7. BI0QUAKE

BI0QUAKE

Is there any way to RNG abuse when there is an NPC in the area? I heard somewhere that if your starting frame is 1 and you advance your PIDRNG frame with the chatter/chatot method, then it's possible.
  8. Tomxc

Tomxc

Is there something wrong if I'm using the C-Gear method and I've hit just one off my target delay # over 12 times but not a single time right on the target delay? My target delay is 5642 and I've hit 5643 more than 12 times now. Could it be something with an affinity for Pokemon White version to hit odd #'s and never even's?

(Though that doesn't seem like the case but what does the "Odd / Even should match the seed's delay" checkbox mean?)
  9. Thatsjustpeachy

Thatsjustpeachy 遥远之日的诅咒
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

i believe it has something to with having a GBA game in the GBA slot. I think if you have it in, it will be Even if you dont it will always be odd. Could be the other way around. Hopefully someone can confirm this
  10. OmegaForte

OmegaForte

This no longer applies to B/W.
  11. Thatsjustpeachy

Thatsjustpeachy 遥远之日的诅咒
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Ah good to know, been out of delay rnging for too long lol
  12. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

The latest version of PPRNG indicates whether you'll get an item or a Pokemon on a given Swirling Dust PID frame. The decision as to which item you get isn't fully researched at this time, so it just gives you a Y in the 'Item?' column. It also gives similar information when doing ID / SID abuse so that you'll know whether your shiny frame will yield a Pokemon or an item.

N.B. This hasn't been well tested yet, though.
  13. dtruth

dtruth

I'm trying find my parameters with my flash cart on a standard ds lite and while looking at the post it said it would be best to extend the searching range in each parameter section. Does that mean just increase everything in the Seed Encryption Variables? Also if so what do I put in the seconds area because its always blank.

Last question is since its a flash cart can I just soft reset on the specific time because loading time seems to vary.
  14. xtr3m3

xtr3m3

I think this was asked before but does the old man in the cave where Cobalion resides affect the frame by any chance? As in, does he move?

And if I kill off Cobalion I can verse him after I beat the E4 right? Cause I'd rather get Terra and Virizion for now and deal with Cobalion later.
  15. Umbreon91

Umbreon91

The old man does not advance the frame at all. And... yes, it respawns if you kill it.
  16. funeral_cake

funeral_cake

Does the Larvesta egg have a shiny check on it? I've hit two shiny spreads (on the same seed - luckily I had another one 3 frames away from my original) but both were not shiny. The natures and IVs matched, I was able to do correct PID frame advancement and all that, but still nothing. I know these IDs give me shinies, as I've been able to RNG shinies in this game before.

I also noticed that the gender was off when the results were generated. RNG Reporter said both of the frames that should be shiny would be male, but ended up being female instead. Same goes for the calibration process in finding my starting frame. The IVs started on frame 2 instead of frame 8, as well.

Here's a picture of the results and desired frames, just in case it's necessary.

So, am I doing something wrong, or is the gift method screwy, or what?
  17. Biscotti

Biscotti

Has anyone managed to consistently RNG wild pokemon without sweet scent/in giant chasm yet? If so, how?
  18. Princess Emily

Princess Emily

Is the Poke non-English if it's OT (besides being in Japanese) have bigger letters?
    I have parents for breeding, one of them has an OT of Mat, which seems to have larger font size than my OTs.

And what cases are considered International Breeding?
    1.) If both parents are the same languages and both non-English?
    2.) If both parents have different languages and both non-English?
    3.) Or if both are different languages, whether one of them is English or not

Sorry, I'm not yet familiar with these nationality mechanics.
  19. tyons

tyons

I think larvesta is a gift pokemon, so it can't be shiny.

it happened to me, too, but I don't know why.
  20. Kiebin

Kiebin

Dreamyard Monkeys are Gift Pokémon as well, but they can be shiny. So that's a flawed argument.

However, I've heard nothing about the Larvesta egg having a shiny check, try using different spreads!
  21. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Exactly what results did you get for the IVs and nature? Also, looks like you got the version of 9.75 I released before I remembered to remove the RNGResult\RNGSeed columns. I quietly replaced it with the current one, but I guess a few copies slipped through.

Yeah, it's just the Larvesta egg that's weird. Its IVs start on frame 2. Also, the nature of the egg doesn't conform to the gift Pokemon list. That doesn't explain how you got a different gender, though...

I would think the fact he actually said he hit his shiny spread would indicate that there is no shiny check.
  22. Buckert

Buckert

I have made some shiny captures with a spread I got in an older version of the RNG reporter. I caught Pokémon for which I had to use Sweet Scent. Do I have to look for other seeds to capture shiny Stationaries? Or can I use the same?
  23. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

24. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Starting PID frame is in the 40-60 range. Yours is most definitely NOT 174.

You can use the same for stationaries. They might be different if you try for gift Pokemon, though.
  25. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

alright cool i thought i was wrong lol thanks. also i got another question. when finding the PID for shiny eggs would you use the same process as finding the PID for wild shiny pokemon but instead you hatch eggs?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)