1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. funeral_cake

funeral_cake

I was aiming for 30/9/31/30/30/31 (HP Ground 68) on frame 2 and definitely got that spread each time I tried for the shiny, and when I was looking for the starting PID frame. I also double-checked the seed by catching a wild Pokemon after getting the egg and finding the wild Pokemon's IVs in the list.

As for natures, I got Timid and Rash when I was trying for the shiny, but they still didn't end up shiny. The starting frame was 49 (Calm), I believe, and I was able to match my starting frame tests to the PID frames in RNG Reporter. Can't remember the results of the starting frame tests now, though.

Would the older version maybe be giving me wrong results for this? The version I have has worked with all the other shinies I got, so I don't know if the new 9.75 would be any different.

Well, from the results I got, it seems the other way around. The natures conformed perfectly, but the genders didn't. Maybe this is a special case with the Larvesta egg.

I guess I didn't actually hit the exact shiny PID, since the gender was off. I can do some more testing if you'd like, but it seemed like the genders were completely switched around in every egg I got (compared to the results in RNG Reporter).

Anyway, thanks for all the help. I guess I should just try for good IVs and not worry about shininess.
  2. Turtwig

Turtwig

It'd probably be best not to bother with ESV for this, since Feebas are so common in Fishing Spots. After all, you may accidentally stumble upon a Milotic. That happened to me twice when I went after Feebas.
    But if you did try to use ESV here, you'd have to do your IV Frame advances, hope that a Surfing Spot pops up while doing them, then fish there to see what PID Frame you landed on. Repeat the process, making sure to take the exact same route each time, adding one save/Chatot Chatter each time. At least, that's what I'd do. There's a wandering NPC there, though. Then you'd advance the PIDRNG to a frame with ESV 3/4.

This really isn't the best thing to be doing as your first non-stationary RNG Capture... I'd recommend something simple like a Deino so you can figure out how to at least use ESV.
  3. Mephiztopheles

Mephiztopheles

Hmmmm, so it's pretty much like RNG'ing a stationary pokémon except for the fact that both nature and ESV have to coincide, right? Hmmmm, seems somewhat tedious.
  4. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Here's my question: was the Larvesta ACTUALLY shiny? Because it's impossible for a Pokemon to have either of the shiny PIDs you listed and be female.

The PIDRNG frame determines the encounter slot. As I mentioned, the problem is that in the process of walking around to get a bubble spot to appear, you lose control of the PIDRNG.
  5. xxwerdxx

xxwerdxx

Now I am just getting pokemon with the wrong IVs, karrablast over and over.
  6. Turtwig

Turtwig

Tedious, yeah, it'll probably be.
    It's not all too incredibly difficult, though. That's basically right, but you could always pick a Sync-able Frame so that you can focus on the ESV.
  7. xtr3m3

xtr3m3

I'm trying to abuse my TID/SID so I want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Info:

Black (English)
    Mac Address: 0009BF456BCB
    Seed: 2DD796101E51F811
    Frame: 41 (Modest)
    VCount: 60
    GXStat: 6
    VFrame: 8
    Timer0: C79

So I searched on 28/03/2011 and picked the following:

28/03/2011
    Time: 00:03:42
    Frame: 40
    ID: 48198
    SID: 23249
    Starter: True
    Button: Left

I calibrated (correctly, I hope) twice and I keep getting this ID: 63643

Now what? The instructions are a little vague for me.

Edit: Seems like someone else here is having similar issues. I edited the rest of the info.
  8. Mephiztopheles

Mephiztopheles

And it changes randomly or if I always do the same route for the steps (no wild pokémon of course) and before fishing I save once, then twice, etc etc, will I get a match in the results of Method 5 PIDRNG somewhere? or is it entirely up to luck?
  9. funeral_cake

funeral_cake

No, it wasn't shiny. That's what I've been trying to say - the natures matched fine according to the PID RNG frames in RNG Reporter, I was able to manipulate them just fine, but the genders didn't match. Because the genders were off and because I didn't get a shiny on the frames I should have, I think the Larvesta's PID is off somehow. It looks like a special case, considering the IV frame starts on 2 instead of 8, as well.
  10. Sephirona

Sephirona t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
    is an Artist

You can also use repels to count steps for you when you need to do IV frame advancements with a certain number of Pokemon in your party C:
  11. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

You would use those to find certain Hidden Power spreads. HP_E and HP_O will return any even/odd results that will give you the highest possible Hidden Power value. For example, I wanted Hidden Power Ice on Thundurus and didn't care about its Atk IV, so I searched for 31/HP_E/30/31/31/31, which would return only frames where Atk is even and the base power of Hidden Power is 70.
  12. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

To add to this since I got a bit more information.
    I used some magic to find the PIDs for the first few pokemon I found and with that I found what frames I was hitting, my starting frame was 459. After that the PIDs I got incremented pretty sporadically, usually by a factor of 8-20.
  13. Tomxc

Tomxc

Ah thank you very much again.
  14. Bulbasuar

Bulbasuar

no one?
  15. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

your timer0 you are hitting is c7f, aka your adjacent timer0
  16. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

Answered here.

Also, apparently you're hitting your other Timer0 value.
  17. Roryn

Roryn

Hi! I would like to know if it is possible to RNG fo trainer ID using an emulator. I'm new to this and I can't find my DS parameters. Don't know if it's why I'm trying with an emulator or just doing it wrong. Many thanks!
  18. Bulbasuar

Bulbasuar

Alright so I tried searching the ID in the other tab and I entered all the parameters like so:

[​IMG]

And the Blue bar just kinda stays blue and seems like it keeps searching... dunno why that is.

If this continues to not work should I just try a different ID combo?

Also, after I get the correct trainer ID, for example one on frame 45 (and since my target is Frame 52 I would say "No" 7 times to hit 52...) what would I do to get the shiny starter?

Save in front of the gift box and then hit frame 52 since that is the one I choose for Jolly? Im a little confused there...

Edit: Also Im hitting my adjacent Timer0... does that mean I should try and find a different ID/SID combo?
  19. Kaphotics

it means you use the other timer0 as your parameter, because white DSlite people almost always use c7f instead of c7e.

edit: it means you use the other timer0 as your parameter, because white DSlite people almost always use c7f instead of c7e.
  20. Bulbasuar

Bulbasuar

Ooh. I got C7E as my thing originally. Does that mean it's irrelevant now that Im getting a new ID/SID combo? Or should I switch to my DS Phat to use C7E...

Im a bit confused...

Edit: Alright Im using C7F and I got one on 1:22:32 and I tried hitting it, starting a new game, cycling through but I still got the wrong ID...

Edit 2: Getting ID 33071...
  21. hoiboy

hoiboy

How do you tell if the TID/SID combo you got is "good" for shinies?
  22. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Updated RNG Reporter to 9.76. I bolded some features I think some of you will find interesting...

- Added: Button to calculate the Initial PIDRNG frame
    - Added: Synchronizable frames now have bolded text in main window
    - Added: Minor speed boost to Time Finder Standard\C-Gear Seed searches
    - Added: Larvesta Egg encounter type
    - Added: Researcher window expansion
    - Added: Warning if you attempt to use the wrong seed for Method 5 PIDRNG
    - Added: Users now allowed to enter 64-bit seeds for Method 5 (Standard Seeds)
    - Fixed: Dream World ability calc fixed for breeding both with\without Everstone
    - Fixed: Time Finder no longer disables nature\ability\encounter slot when searching Method 5 Standard
    - Fixed: Removed spaces in CSV outputs
    - Fixed: 64-bit seed no longer crashes Seed to Time

Please note that if you're in an area with NPCs, they'll advance the RNG and make your initial PIDRNG frame prediction inaccurate.
  23. Bulbasuar

Bulbasuar

Is it possible for there to be 2 ID/SID combos on the same time? >_> I keep getting the OTHER ID/SID combo that seems to appear at the exact same time...

This is what Im getting
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

This is what Im ACTUALLY getting... every time it seems to be a different ID on the same time
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  24. neut986

neut986

I'm having a small problem on the new RNG reporter - when I try to copy and paste a full seed from time finder into the main window (Breeding(BW)) and click generate, a window pops up and tells me "This method requires you to copy the Full Seed from the Time Finder window." Only after I press OK do my PID results pop up. I'm happy to provide more information if it's needed, but a screenshot might be difficult.
  25. Kaphotics

Bulbasuar, this is the third time I've told you that you should use C7F as your calibrated timer0.

This is also the third time I've told you that you are hitting an adjacent timer0.

neut, the seed should be 16 characters long not 8.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)