5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Well, I was following Bearsfan's videos, so I suppose it was the standard method. Is min/max frame the vframe in the parameter section? If so, it was 0-10. I have no idea what and Adjacent Finder is, so I apologise for that. I didn't have Eontimer, but had it synched up to an online clock
Bearsfan has both a C-Gear method video and a standard method video. The Min / Max Frame input should be under the Search tab/section in Time Finder (to the left of Min / Max Delays). Bearsfan's videos use an older version and only has a Max Frame parameter I think.

The Adjacent Finder is also the same as the Seed to Time; are you talking about the Search results in that? Or, when you found the Seed you wanted, did you right click and Generate More Times for that Seed?

Bearsfan has both a C-Gear method video and a standard method video. The Min / Max Frame parameter should be under the Search tab in Time Finder (to the left of Min / Max Delays). Bearsfan's videos use an older version and only has a Max Frame parameter I think.

The Adjacent Finder is also the same as the Seed to Time; are you talking about the Search results in that?
No. I'm talking about calbrating the DS beforehand, by using Sweet Scent

Hey I got a annoying seed I want for my Roamer. I was wondering if my process would work. Since its Frame 8 I saved right before the old lady's house and decided in order to hit my seed I would walk back to the pokemon center for 128 steps with 4 pokemon and then deposit one and walk back so I get 128 steps with 3 pokemon giving me 1+4+3 = 8. So Im just wondering if there would be anything preventing me from doing that. Like should I do it another way?
Pretty sure depositing or withdrawing a pokemon advances your frame by 7.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey I got a annoying seed I want for my Roamer. I was wondering if my process would work. Since its Frame 8 I saved right before the old lady's house and decided in order to hit my seed I would walk back to the pokemon center for 128 steps with 4 pokemon and then deposit one and walk back so I get 128 steps with 3 pokemon giving me 1+4+3 = 8. So Im just wondering if there would be anything preventing me from doing that. Like should I do it another way?
Pretty sure depositing or withdrawing a pokemon advances your frame by 7.
Im pretty sure its only withdrawing.
Withdrawing only. And, honestly, I just wouldn't bother with that seed. You're better off ignoring prime (or otherwise awkward) frame advances.

That's strange. When I was searching for a seed for Thundurus, I found dozens of HP Ice 70 seeds in a single month, including several on frame 1. What are your search terms?
Im searching frames 1 through 8 on whatever month in 2011 and I put the ivs for everything is looking for >=30 except attack. I just don't find a bunch of HP Ice ones. I found another for frame 7 though so i will use that and just walk 128 steps with 6 pokemon in my party.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Im searching frames 1 through 8 on whatever month in 2011 and I put the ivs for everything is looking for >=30 except attack. I just don't find a bunch of HP Ice ones. I found another for frame 7 though so i will use that and just walk 128 steps with 6 pokemon in my party.
Search for seeds with keypresses (in the 5th Gen DS Parameters tab). I recommend looking for seeds 2 because those are easy to pull off and hugely increase the number of seeds available to you.

Hey Omega or someone:

I'm still having issues RNGing a starter. I got the ID shown on the Trainer ID finder and I tried hitting the Flawless IV spread but I have two more things that I dont get or am not getting:

1. Timer0 is off and changing from C7F for god knows why
2. Which frame am I trying to hit? 52 (see images from previous; I used 52 as the frame to find the ID) in the Seed Inspector or the 52 in the ID finder?

Also, say I get a Synchronizer with a Timid or whatever nature with this same Shiny spread. Would I be able to use it on anything?

Thanks.

There is still an issue with the RNG reporter as far as predicting genders in DW breeding..

When i was trying to check my SSF i hatched a female with the same inheritance as frame 54 but as you can clearly see it says it can only be a male.
*snip*

OD EDIT: Please do not declare something to be a bug unless it's been tested under controlled conditions.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey Omega or someone:

I'm still having issues RNGing a starter. I got the ID shown on the Trainer ID finder and I tried hitting the Flawless IV spread but I have two more things that I dont get or am not getting:

1. Timer0 is off and changing from C7F for god knows why
2. Which frame am I trying to hit? 52 (see images from previous; I used 52 as the frame to find the ID) in the Seed Inspector or the 52 in the ID finder?

Also, say I get a Synchronizer with a Timid or whatever nature with this same Shiny spread. Would I be able to use it on anything?

Thanks.
Timer0 fluctuates between two values. Those values, for you, are C7E and C7F. You have to get lucky.

You hit your seed and find what ID frame you initially hit on that seed, and use that to calculate the advances you need. It's all in the guide.

You check that ahead of time...

==

Triggz, that's an old version. Also, those gender listings don't affect Nidoran/Illumise/Volbeat species decisions or 100% genders. If it was shiny, you should be showing it in your image, or else we don't know what you hit. Don't use Power Items either.

It doesn't matter too much, since 9.77 revealed that this shiny frame didn't transfer the dream world ability after all, but if anyone can tell me what I was doing wrong anyway...

standard RNG breeding a DW vulpix using4E8179576DFD0291, target spread of 31/22/31/30/31/31, with parents Ma:31/31/x /31/x /x and Fe:31/31/31/31/31/x, using a timid everstone. Doing the chatters in the house and then holding left and mashing A to get the egg, then flying to victory road to compare to the IV frame 14 to see if I hit the seed.

The resulting egg after 1 chatter was a quiet female without dream world ability, which was obviously frame 54, as it was the only reasonable quiet frame.

So then I do 35 chatters to advance to the shiny frame on 89. But instead get a sassy female with the DW ability, whose IV inheritance suggest that it was probably frame 93

So to check, I go back and do another egg with only 2 chatters, and got a timid female without the dream ability with the IV spread 31/x/31/31/31/x, which would be a PID%6 of 1 or 2 (any chance of having a column with this value in a later version of RNG Reporter, btw?), which is probably frame 57.

Is there a way to recalibrate for the breeding frames advancing unevenly in the future? Or would I just have to find a different seed to use. Which I'm doing anyway, but still.
Reposting for a new page

Egg hatching help

• Using 9.77
  • Trying to hatch a shiny with some decent IVs (hard to find flawless seed)
  • Using standard method, 001B7A5C8572 MAC.
  • Got 2 wild flawless shinies.
  • As I said, wild capture worked fine in a quiet area, but when I try to get a shiny egg with some decent IVs, I always end up a few frames short or too far. RNG reporter is telling me my initial PIDRNG is 50, but I was one above that when doing wild (no npcs around). Now for the egg I can't seem to pin down a specific frame advancement caused by the NPCs. Also, I'm using chatot to advance PID

Triggz, that's an old version. Also, those gender listings don't affect Nidoran/Illumise/Volbeat species decisions or 100% genders. If it was shiny, you should be showing it in your image, or else we don't know what you hit. Don't use Power Items either.
Isn't 9.76 the newest version? Frame 54 wasnt my shiny frame that was my Starting Frame after one chatter. No power items used and it was a female impish gliscor where the reporter reads it should have been a male.

edit: just saw the new update

I've been tinkering with 9.77 a little, specifically the Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame button.

I've found in every case that I've tried so far that the initial frame it gives is actually -1 from what I was able to empirically deduce from my own sessions.

Example:
seed: F81A827D50BB078E
Method: Method 5 PIDRNG
Enc type: Wild Pokemon
Initial PIDRNG frame calculated by 9.77: 46
Initial PIDRNG frame deduced manually: 47

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I've been tinkering with 9.77 a little, specifically the Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame button.

I've found in every case that I've tried so far that the initial frame it gives is actually -1 from what I was able to empirically deduce from my own sessions.

Example:

Yep, exact same thing here. Had to search for specific encounter slots to be sure, but I got 2 flawless shinnies after that, so it's verified.

• Using 9.77
  • Trying to hatch a shiny with some decent IVs (hard to find flawless seed)
  • Using standard method, 001B7A5C8572 MAC.
  • Got 2 wild flawless shinies.
  • As I said, wild capture worked fine in a quiet area, but when I try to get a shiny egg with some decent IVs, I always end up a few frames short or too far. RNG reporter is telling me my initial PIDRNG is 50, but I was one above that when doing wild (no npcs around). Now for the egg I can't seem to pin down a specific frame advancement caused by the NPCs. Also, I'm using chatot to advance PID
Have you tried using the guide on this page? The one for shiny flawless eggs is on the 5th post.

Example:

Well, you'd have to account for that as. If you start on PID frame 46, you won't be able to hit it. No matter what you do. Moving 1 step would make it 47 so you'd encounter 47's PID. So it gives you the PID 1 after what it really is, just to say that those are all the PIDs you can hit.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Example:

The initial is set to 0, not 1. Therefore the first PIDRNG frame you are hitting is 1.

Think about it, it's working as intended :)

Just a difference of conceived definitions

You cannot control your timer0. I assume you are using a flashcart as those are not the standard parameters for DS/DSlite. You should really buy the game (2 timer0s always), or use luck with your flashcart.

I saw someone else here posting thats having problems with consistently hitting the seed and im having the same problems D:
I can only manage in the first time or 30% after and it is been extremely frustrating.

I even got a chronometer to mark the time i press A and i did in 13:25:29 and 20 milliseconds and got my target of 13:25:30 seconds.Then after the 2 and 3 try even if i hit A the same exactly time i keep getting same different results over and over and over.How is that even possible D:?

It vary between 2 wrong ones with a occasional jackspot
My timer0 fluctuates between B0B B07 B10 and B06 in parameter,thats the problem?What i can do to remedy or get more accuracy in seed hits?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)