1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. COKTAL

COKTAL

Have you tried using the guide on this page? The one for shiny flawless eggs is on the 5th post.
  2. spearsoft

spearsoft

I think I just figured out what i was, I misread the part about the method, I was using Standard Method for gift pokes, I'll try with Breeding(BW)
  3. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

Well, you'd have to account for that as. If you start on PID frame 46, you won't be able to hit it. No matter what you do. Moving 1 step would make it 47 so you'd encounter 47's PID. So it gives you the PID 1 after what it really is, just to say that those are all the PIDs you can hit.
  4. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

The initial is set to 0, not 1. Therefore the first PIDRNG frame you are hitting is 1.

Think about it, it's working as intended :)

Just a difference of conceived definitions

You cannot control your timer0. I assume you are using a flashcart as those are not the standard parameters for DS/DSlite. You should really buy the game (2 timer0s always), or use luck with your flashcart.
  5. Nebilim

Nebilim

I saw someone else here posting thats having problems with consistently hitting the seed and im having the same problems D:
    I can only manage in the first time or 30% after and it is been extremely frustrating.

I even got a chronometer to mark the time i press A and i did in 13:25:29 and 20 milliseconds and got my target of 13:25:30 seconds.Then after the 2 and 3 try even if i hit A the same exactly time i keep getting same different results over and over and over.How is that even possible D:?

It vary between 2 wrong ones with a occasional jackspot
    My timer0 fluctuates between B0B B07 B10 and B06 in parameter,thats the problem?What i can do to remedy or get more accuracy in seed hits?
  6. Pokethan

Pokethan

For the keypresses do I just press them once in order at the game bootup on the Nintendo logo? Just want to know.
  7. The Giritina-man

The Giritina-man

Right, VERY RIGHT after you hit "A" from the DS Menu, hold the buttons and then let go the SECOND the white screen goes away.
  8. Triggz

Triggz

I hold the keypresses right up until N's castle pops up
  9. The Giritina-man

The Giritina-man

My way is THE way for Standard RNG.
  10. Nebilim

Nebilim

O jesus almighty lord.Im having a nervous breakdown here:kongler:.
    After getting the same 30 wrong IV spreads,i just scratched my head and thought
    "What the fuck im doing wrong?"

And thought and thought and thought....then i noticed i was charging my DS while doing and after removing the charger,voila flawless shiny golett
    ***** YOU TOO CHARGER -___-;

Coincidence that was the charger that was screwing my timing?Or just really bad luck?
  11. Tesseraction

Tesseraction

Unrelated, but I was failing to RNG a chatot for 3 hours, then I realized I was using 23:40something as my hour, when the seed was on 22:40something.

Epic facepalm.
  12. spearsoft

spearsoft

Alright, so after following the guide, I'm consistently getting a shiny egg, but it's of the wrong nature, furthermore the nature doesn't even exist(as a shiny) in that seed (at least not within the result range) Any thoughts?

edited.
  13. Nebilim

Nebilim

Some natures cannot be changed even with an everstone
  14. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

For me if you start the game a tad before one second before the target time I consistently get C7F and if I press it a tab after the on second before I consistently get C7E.
  15. Zerofocus

Zerofocus

I just stopped hitting my seed after taking my charger out XD
  16. blaQk

blaQk

Sooo . . .

I'm using a CycloDS and figured that I'd try Standard since I've seen mixed comments about the consistency of the parameters. Long story short, when I increase the variables I get multiple results. My question is; which variable(s) do I increase and by how much to try to pin down my parameters? Also, is there a way to "test" one of the results without outright trying to RNG with it?
  17. Mephiztopheles

Mephiztopheles

So, I'm trying to fish a Bold HP Grass Feebas in Route 1 and I had two no-button-pressing seeds with low IV frame, one with Timer0 C7E and the other with C7F. What is frustrating is that for the first seed with timer0 C7E I'm hitting the adjacent seed with Timer0 C7F and when I grew frustrated I switched over to the other seed with Timer0 C7F and now I'm always hitting the Timter0 C7E. I know this the the "thing" that fluctuates in non-standard seeds, but is there something external that affects it I can't control or is there a way I can better my chances of getting one value over the other?

Also, I searched in the time Finder tab for encounter slot 3, but in the odd couple of times where I've hit either seed, I always get basculins, why is this?

Would you mind explaining this a bit better? This might help me :)
  18. spearsoft

spearsoft

I'm not using an everstone, is that my problem? I'm trying to hit the timid PID Frame, but the egg comes out Relaxed. I hatched two separate eggs, and got relaxed twice. Relaxed shows up nearby in the seed, but not as shiny.

Gonna run one quick test to see if I can hit something else nearby.
  19. Nebilim

Nebilim

Hmm if you getting one off sometimes this is probabaly due to the NPC outside screwing the PID.You gotta be fast...and lucky

Extend the First min C60 to A60 and the other max to FA0.After doing this use the timer0 that you mostly see.After 10 tries xD

Well well well....looks like i wasnt the only one with problems hitting the seed and as kaphotics said i guess we need a bit of luck...
    Whelp better 3 hours of frustration than weeks to hatch 3000 eggs for a crap shiny xD
  20. spearsoft

spearsoft

Ok update: There seems to be an issue with the seed. It's supposed to be,

104 Timid SHINY
    105 Quirky
    106 Naughty SHINY
    107 Quiet SHINY
    108 Rash SHINY
    109 Modest SHINY
    110 Relaxed

My first few attempts got me 110, but it came out shiny with relaxed nature.
    I adjusted my chatters to try to hit 104, and sure enough it came out Timid, but not shiny.

Error in the program, or on my end?
  21. Tesseraction

Tesseraction

Is your SID right in the program?
  22. spearsoft

spearsoft

I got it via an AR code. Would the pandora box be more reliable?
  23. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

wow that happens to you too? i figured that out accidently one day haha
  24. spearsoft

spearsoft

I should note again that I was able to get consistent results on wild pokemon. Shiny and flawless.
  25. blaQk

blaQk

Well it only gave two results, which is better than my previous five. Though I didn't change my Timer0 on those. Thanks, search again and hopefully get the same results. :s

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)