1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  4. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Pehu

Pehu

You should give us all the info: The seed, the ID/SID, if the parents are international, or if there is a Ditto, and if you're using an everstone. Otherwise, nobody will be able to help you without guesswork.
  2. spearsoft

spearsoft

ID 17351, SID 07799, One parent is international (male), female is from my US game. No ditto involved, no everstone, but both have power items.
  3. Nightmare13

Nightmare13

Repost. Thanks.
  4. blaQk

blaQk

Okay, so following Nebilim's advice and only changing my Timer0 value, I have encounter the exact same pokemon three times in a row, so obviously I'm hitting it consistently. However, there are two results given when I enter the information in the parameter finder. So do I just pick one and try it or what?
  5. Pehu

Pehu

there you have it. Don't use power items. As far as I know, and I don't think this has changed, Power Items can't be predicted and might throw your abuse off.

Anyway, you forgot to tell us the seed, so we can't even search for anything.
  6. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Say I'm trying to catch Thundurus. I find that I have a seed at 18:44:49 with a Timer0 of C7F and a keypress of Left. After setting the time to 18:44 I go to the menu screen and wait. About a 10th of a second before 18:44:48 (so still at 18:44:47) I press A while holding left for my keypress. By pressing it a 10th of a second before the time I'd normally press it I get C7C for my Timer0. If for some reason I wanted C7E I'd press it a 10th of a second after 18:44:48.

If you mash, and I mean mash, A after you exit you can get consistent results. You should be able to find a relatively consistent increase in the PID after 1 or two advances. For some reason the difference between 0 and 1 advances is actually quite large but after that each PID you get should be either 1 or 2 after the last one.
  7. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

EDIT: Double post sorry.
  8. spearsoft

spearsoft

Sorry, i'm very new at this.

Been trying to dig through posts to find the info.

Here is the seed :491B4DA6B2F7ED01 Frame 8.

I'll try breeding without power items and see what happens. Thanks!
  9. Nightmare13

Nightmare13

I tried that a bit but I'll try again. Thanks. 2 questions:

Does movement or time spent inside the house affect the RNG? (other than the obvious 128 step frame advancement).

Around what frame should I look for starting PID frames? I don't know how fast the rain advances so I have no idea what range to look at.
  10. Tesseraction

Tesseraction

I don't remember if you said there was a performance enhancement in 9.77, but it works MUCH better for me now.

I can now copy/paste seeds while time finder is searching without it taking 2 minutes to paste.

The only thing I would recommend, and this is a minor thing, if it's possible anyway, is to keep it from automatically scrolling when it finds something new. Right now if you're working with seeds while it searches it's disorienting when it finds a new one since it resets the scroll or something.

Still, great work! :)
  11. spearsoft

spearsoft

That was it, I got the right one this time. Thank you!!!
  12. Nebilim

Nebilim

You're using a flashcart right?So you should be able to check IV easily.You have to encounter the same pokemon with same gender and same IV and same level.You do the calibration a few times till you get one timer which this things happen.As kaphotics mentioned flashcarts have to rely more on luck due to the fact of having more timer0 results.After doing this just pick one and go nuts but prepare for LOTS of frustrating atempts later because they will fluctuate between those other results.

My vary between B06,B10,B0B and mostly often B07.So i picked B07.
  13. _wakalaka

_wakalaka

I am using the latest, RNG Reporter 9.77.
    I am trying to hatch a shiny Tirtouga of X/31/31/X/31/X.
    The seed I am using is A44E6B8191DB4F6B and my target frame is 315.
    My actual seconds is +1, Vcount 65, timer0 C7F, gxstat 6, and vframe 8.
    My MAC address is 0009BFF958FE9. I'm using the DS Original.
    It says that my starting frame is 44 but I know it can't be accurate because of the NPCs.

I've been attempting to verify my seed for the last three hours and every time I check the first frame in the 14-20 set it is always wrong. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I get the egg, fly to VR, run in and sweet scent, catch a pokemon and it is always different - always wrong. I hit right on the second, hold do the keypresses but always the wrong seed.
  14. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

alright having trouble finding my starting PID frame details below:
    full seed: 7BE386AC93E7A982
    time:1/22/2011 6:07:53
    nearest shiny:181
    frame:1
    encounter slot:0
    ivs:31/31/30/22/31/31
    ability:1
    timer:C7E
    keypresses:A+Up
    MAC address:001F32091E42

i cant seem to find my starting PID. it keeps changing or something on me cause ill get one nature and poke and match it up on the main screen which i have on method 5 PIDRNG. then when i do a chatter it gives me inconsistent results. help?
  15. Sephirona

Sephirona t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
    is an Artist

There are moving NPCs on Route 1, so you may not be hitting the correct PID frame. You're generating the fishing PID frame esvs using Encounter Method: Fishing, right?

This is a good point :0 I find that if I highlight the seed I want it'll always scroll to it after each refresh, though when I'm searching keypresses that give me many seeds per minute I sometimes find I'm rushing to click on the next spread before the next refresh, heheh. It would help a lot if the list didn't move.
  16. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

dunno if im doing something wrong. at first it was the keypresses and now that i made sure im doing the right ones its still doing the same thing.
  17. blaQk

blaQk

I done that. I was catching the exact same pokemon over and over again. Same IVs, nature, gender, species, ability, characteristic, etc.. That pokemon's IVs gave only two results. So my Timer0 never changed from the two results it gave.
  18. Nebilim

Nebilim

Ok then just pick one and go for it.When attempting to RNG for one seed spread it may go wrong because there is 2 results to fluctuate so to maximize efficacy do it with a chronometer since you dont start the game at DS home menu with the clock and remember to be patient till you finally get it,dont give up.
  19. COKTAL

COKTAL

Okay, I'm confused. I'm trying to abuse a shiny Haxorous in Mistralton Cave, and my PID frames are jumping around at random and I don't know why. I have to walk 384 steps for the IVs first, and I've done 4 tests to determine my starting frame for PID. I found my starting frame to be 869 (everything matched; encounter slots, gender, nature, everything). So my target frame is 1204. So 1204-869=335, right? So I do a reset, take note that the dirt spot appears in the right place signalling I hit my seed. I complete the steps, do all the Chatot calls, and it tells me that I hit frame 1184 (not too far off, so w/e). I reset and hit the seed again. I do all the advancements again and the closest one that I could have hit is 1095. What's going on? The seed is: 8980D1BC540358BF. ID/SID: 61342/42842. IV Frame: 15.
  20. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

Coktal: i believe im having the same problem as you. mine are doing this as well minus the fact im at the victory road exterior
  21. COKTAL

COKTAL

Well there are no NPCs on the floor I'm on, but there are two on the floor below if that could effect mine. But the thing is, if I repeat the steps exactly, I get the exact same stupid Woobat. Idk, maybe someone who's abused one before can help. Either way, this sucks.
  22. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

find a frame 1 seed, you obviously arent walking in the same path every time.
  23. COKTAL

COKTAL

I am. The straight I'm on is 24 steps up, and 24 down. 384/24=16/2(for up and down equalling 1)=8. I hold up, I hold down, and I repeat until I've got all the steps (plus the one time I stop to use another max repel).
  24. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

hmm im gonna try mine without a syncronizer and see what results i can get. maybe thats what it is cause the seed i chose isnt syncronizable.

Edit: nvm turns out it is but i may have just figured out my problem im gonna save this time after hitting my seed and see what i get.
  25. blaQk

blaQk

I think CycloDS is different. My calibration time is 05.05.11, 05:05:25. When I boot from the flashcart menu at :25s, it never gives the same pokemon. However, when I boot from the DS menu at :25s and then boot the game from the flashcart at :35s, I always get the exact same pokemon, stats and all. I just need to figure out how to apply that to any seed I want to hit. :<

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)