1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

alright so ive done 4 tests and on the first test i did no chatters and got timid which is on frame 46 which was the predicted initial PIDRNG as said by the RNG reporter. natures i got were:

0 chatters:timid
    1 chatters:docile
    2 chatters:gentle

now docile is on frame 48 which is 2 frames after timid with no sync and gentle is on frame 60 with 2 chatters. is it possible my timer0 is fluxuating with key presses?

edit: did 3 chatters and got bold which is on frame 66

edit2: did 11 of them and got this"
    0 chatters:timid
    1 chatters:docile
    2 chatters:gentle
    3 chatters:bold
    4 chatters:serious
    5 chatters:careful
    6 chatters:rash
    7 chatters:naive
    8 chatters:relaxed
    9 chatters:brave
    10 chatters:hardy
    11 chatters:modest

after brave it goes past my shiny frame i think :( help anyone?
  2. Pehu

Pehu

I've just successfully abused my first pokemon on Cyclo DS with Standard Abuse. Until now I've abused standard on Retail Black and C-Gear on CycloDS.

The Timer0 floats like crazy. Remember, though, that Save States are your best friends, and you'll have an easy time abusing shinies.
  3. blaQk

blaQk

Omg, I wish you'd PM or VM me and help. I'm having the hardest time ever. Also, if Save States are the Realtime Save feature, mine isn't available. :s
  4. Nebilim

Nebilim

Hummm...there is no way as of now to RNG swarm pokemon?I dont see them on the encouter slot data.Forgive me if im missing something.
  5. Mephiztopheles

Mephiztopheles

I see, thanks :)

Hmmmm, bear with me here please, I'm a little slow with all this stuff. If you mean If I'm searching "Method 5 (Standard Seed)" + "Wild Pokémon (Fishing)" + Encounter Slot 3 with my personal parameters written in the adjacent tab, then yes, that's what I was doing.
    Oooh, so moving NPCs affect the frame even if they're offscreen?

Also, the PIDRNG starting frame when going for wild/stationary pokémon is random from what I've collected from bits of this thread, but is there like a range of frames or a tip for as where to look when you're RNG'ing? Or does one need to go through hundreds of nature no matter what?

Edit 1: At one point I was using a Bold synchronizer but from what I saw it really didn't affect anything in the Time Finder results so I forgot to mention I also put "Bold" in the Synch Nature option.
  6. Sephirona

Sephirona t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
    is an Artist

Yeah, I think the NPCs were your only problem (: Offscreen NPCs can still affect your PIDRNG on the same map. Even so, though, if you are using an IV frame 1 seed you can still try for Feebas as long as you pull the menu up quickly right after starting your game to do your chatot advancements.

In an area with no NPCs your starting PID frame should be around 40-60~
  7. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

is it possible for your PID to fluxuate? mine is on 46 according to the rng reporter when i calculate the initiate PID frame. it could also be 43 as i just set the min frame to 40 to search for.
  8. spearsoft

spearsoft

anyone tried using ar with a timer yet?
  9. Pokethan

Pokethan

I can't seem to hit my roamer seed even though I am starting my game at the right time and holding down the two buttons I am supposed to when the game boots. I am saved right before going out the door which triggers the roamer to set its ivs and nature and even though my ivs are frame 1 on the seed I can't seem to hit them. Am I doing anything wrong? Do I just press the two buttons or hold them down at the logo?
  10. spearsoft

spearsoft

Maybe it was a fluke earlier, but I can't hit one damn shiny egg now. Would using the AR change my DS parameters even after I take it out?
  11. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Only if you tried to calibrate while it was in.
  12. Lowen

Lowen

Repost
  13. Mephiztopheles

Mephiztopheles

I see, will keep both things in mind for future RNGs :) Thanks!

But you lost me in your last sentence :( I understand the whole bring the menu up fast so no NPC moves and advancing the PIDRNG frame (very reminiscent of the Egg RNG in DPPt) but what leaves me wondering is, I'd do that after a "test-run" to see what the initial PID frame is, right? But, would that be futile if there are moving NPCs or something? What happens if I'm using a synchronizer? will the initial PID frame still be around 40-60?

Sorry to bombard you with questions like this but I'm just starting to RNG in B/W and trying to grasp it fully and there are several things I'm still clueless about.
  14. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Is there a way to currently search for an egg shiny? From what I understand the egg PID generation is totally different from the other forms of generation so it's not possible to only search for all shiny types. When I did do a search like that I found a seed which claimed to have a nearest shiny of 84 but when I put that seed into the breeding area I got the nearest shiny was 26k.
  15. spearsoft

spearsoft

The nearest shiny field only seems to apply to wild etc. I have been able to find shinies in sub 100 frames withe the right natures but there must be some factor im not getting right because I get some far-off natures most of the time.
  16. xtr3m3

xtr3m3

Any tips on how to actually keypress the D-pad because I have a beautiful, low frame spread but it requires me to hold "Left", except when I do I guess parts of the up/down/right interfere, or something.

I wanted to make sure it wasn't me because I successfully RNG'ed the musketeer trio but I used "B" and tested it again, so my conclusion is it's the d-pad.
  17. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

18. Slashmolder

I know the nature is that, it's because nature generation is different based off encounter type. You can always check that based off the main form searching the seed with the correct encounter type. My issue is that the frame is always way off.

Oh well I just hacked it in myself for now. You guys really should add official support for multi month searches and saving the value for keypresses, I hate having to hack it into the source each and every time you add a new release.
  19. spearsoft

spearsoft

Multi-month searching would be a great addition. Especially for when you're looking for flawless, nature, shiny, ability slot
  20. KarlMee1234

KarlMee1234

I don't know if there is an error with RNG Reporter ot not but I found a seed that I wanted to catch a shiny Defiant Pawniard with. RNG Reporter said that synchronise would work but it didn't. I had an adamant synch in the first slot of my party and shiny Pawniard's nature was modest. If anyone could tell me what's wrong I would appreciate it. Thanks :)

Pokemon White

Seed: 3E547B678EE37DF6
    IVs on frame 1: 30/31/31/22/31/31 shiny PID is 144 with encounter slot 7
    ID and SID: 10367 30661
    Timer0: C7E
    VCount: 60
    Vframe and GxStat: 6 for both
    MAC Address: 001ea9f72545
    Key presses: Select, Up and L on 6/22/11 00:02:15
  21. Slashmolder

It looks like RNG reporter says the same for me. Unless you did something wrong with the syncer, which you probably didn't, it has to be a bug.
  22. KarlMee1234

KarlMee1234

That's all I think it could be. I made sure I had wild pokemon selected.
  23. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

nevermind about my above post i think i got the hang of this now.
  24. spearsoft

spearsoft

What's the catch for using an everstone? I keep hitting the nature, but not shininess.
  25. Slashmolder

Make sure you're actually hitting the correct PID frame. I find it easier to not use the everstone to figure out where my starting frame should be and calculate how many advances are needed. After that I put the everstone back on the mother and get the egg that way.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)