5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I'm on the second floor (not the one with Cobalion, but not the one with the two hikers). I don't think it's my timer fluctuating, as I still get the IVs I want (according to the IV guy in the battle subway and the characteristic of what I catch).
Srry didnt see this.

I assume they can be manipulated at N's Castle too, just that you are then forced into two battles and a forced save at the end of the game with no way to check IV's before that; so Dragonspiral Tower is the only solution for RNG manipulation.
Don't tell people to waste time filling up boxes for this. RNGing inside N's Castle is much easier than catching hundreds of pokemon that you will later have to delete. All you have to do is check Zekrom/Reshiram's summary when you go into the battle with N. Yes, you are unable to see the nature, but if you know what IVs you are shooting for it should be very easy to figure out what nature you hit. If it's the wrong nature, reset and advance to the proper PID after hitting your seed again. When you get the spread/nature you want just chuck pokeballs until you lose the battle so you can go deposit your legendary into your PC before finishing the game.

There is just about zero reason to make the legendary go to Dragonspiral Tower.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I assume they can be manipulated at N's Castle too, just that you are then forced into two battles and a forced save at the end of the game with no way to check IV's before that; so Dragonspiral Tower is the only solution for RNG manipulation.
There's two easy ways to do it there, actually. Check the stats during the battle with N, and if four of them match up with your expected IVs, it should be easy to deduce the nature from there. If you can't tell from that, then just lose the battle.

Edit: Accelgor'd.

Ah my apologies; that is indeed a much better way. Too bad for all those people being misled by amateur articles elsewhere on the internet- Smogon is definitely the place to go for the optimal methodology, not to mention the most accurate information.

So using standard RNG breeding with a seed of 4E8179576DFD0291, with a careful everstoned mother.

I calibrated with 4 chatters to frame 58, then advanced with chaters to the shiny frame at 89, but got the bold one at frame 88 instead. So I did it again, with one more chatter, and it jumped to the sassy frame at 93.

So using standard RNG breeding with a seed of 4E8179576DFD0291, with a careful everstoned mother.

I calibrated with 4 chatters to frame 58, then advanced with chaters to the shiny frame at 89, but got the bold one at frame 88 instead. So I did it again, with one more chatter, and it jumped to the sassy frame at 93.
If you re-save, the NPCs will move differently and your starting frame will be different. It is best to check the starting by hatching the egg and not saving.

I've had Timer0 be consistent for dozens of attempts in a row, then suddenly switch to being consistently the other one. Check it anyway.
Only problem is now I am saved right inside the house before I come out to meet Thundurus so I really can't check my seed properly. Can I check it with Thundurus?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Only problem is now I am saved right inside the house before I come out to meet Thundurus so I really can't check my seed properly. Can I check it with Thundurus?
Sure you can check. Walk outside, do the Thundurus encounter, then go catch and check a wild Pokemon. If the wild Pokemon's IVs match one of your first 20 frames for that seed, you can be sure you hit it.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
in PPRNG what option do I choose for stationary legendaries? (there isn't a 'stationary legends' option)
There are two choices. Stationary Encounter and Zekrom / Reshiram / Victini. If you don't have the Stationary Encounter choice, you are using a very old version.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Multi-month searching would be a great addition. Especially for when you're looking for flawless, nature, shiny, ability slot
That could cause frequent crashes in RNGReporter cuz it would take up SO MUCH MEMORY. RNGReporter still crashes as is for some people occasionally.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That could cause frequent crashes in RNGReporter cuz it would take up SO MUCH MEMORY. RNGReporter still crashes as is for some people occasionally.
Maybe add a disclaimer that it might cause problems on low-end computers? It'd be nice to have it as an option, at least, for overnight searches and longer no-keypress searches and so on.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Maybe add a disclaimer that it might cause problems on low-end computers? It'd be nice to have it as an option, at least, for overnight searches and longer no-keypress searches and so on.
I'm having a hard time diagnosing the problem, though. I have virtual machines set up emulate low-end machines (slow CPU speed, low memory) and I have yet to experience a crash.

V4Victini

再起不能
When I tried to run multiple searches, over 3 months, the program crashed. I assumed it was 2 much memory. I tried 2 months and it worked fine but everything else was slow.

Maybe youre right though andit may just be low end computers. Mine is from 2007.

EDIT: 4 month search

Just checked my seed and yeah Im hitting it. Which is weird since the Thundurus doesn't seem to ever have the ivs I want. Gonna catch it now and see what ivs it has.

Well I'm back, and I still can't get this stupid Haxorus. I hit my seed multiple times while in the room Cobalion appears, done the frame advancements for IVs, done 1/2/3/4 chatot calls (different times I hit the seed), and I don't see any correlation between the results. I guess I may have to find one with a lower IV frame, but that's going to mean higher amount of advancements for the nature/shiny part. If anyone thinks of anything, let me know.

It rarely happens to me. The only times it would stop working is whenever I canceled the search and quickly went to the main screen of RNG reporter and had FF open. (3 times so far- since RNG reporter came out with the standard abuse for US, etc.)

I don't know either if it's the memory because I have FF open and some other app, and no crashes.

COKTAL: which timer do you have? i have C7E and i have to hit like 1/10th a second after my target time or something. try hitting that and see what you get it worked for me.

I've got C7F. I know when I hit it because I'll check the IVs of what I catch and the IV guy in the battle subway tells me the HP/Attack/Defense/Sp. Defense/Speed are all equally great.
I'm just going to do a new search for a spread that starts on frame 1 since I need to go to bed now. Woot for having a calculus exam at 8 in the morning.

I have been checking my seed before I go and try to catch Thundurus so far I have been pretty consistent at hitting the seed. After Thundurus flies away the pokemon I catch is on Frame 8 of whatever seed I have. So when the pokemon has certain IVs I know I hit my seed. Its very helpful.

It sounds like you're doing everything correctly... But the fact that the IVs are wrong definitely points to 3 possibilities I can think of:
1. Something is wrong somewhere in what you've entered into the Time Finder... though, it sounds like you've done everything correctly.
2. You might've entered the wrong date/time into your DS - check the year on the calendar, etc.
3. You're not hitting your seed - a.k.a. either you're hitting a seed for a different timer0, or a different second.

I'm thinking it's the latter (#3) - I'm pretty sure you've calibrated for your legendaries. For example: if I want to hit a seed at 10:30:21, I have to click "A" to load the game at 10:30:20... So, there was a 1-second discrepancy. On some spreads, however, there was actually a 2-second delay. And of course, my timer0 liked to vary from time to time (dependent on when you click "A" to load the game - try to be consistent).

The resolution?: I suggest you try searching your DS parameters again if this keeps happening. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes - just try to hit your seed - don't worry about advancing the PIDRNG frame - it's pointless if you've got the wrong seed (which you can tell by having the wrong IVs). Attempt to hit your seed... Then, Sweet Scent and catch whatever pops up immediately after you load your game. Check its stats, characteristic trait, nature, etc., and load it into this (optional) calculator:
http://metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx

Or use whatever you've been using to check the IVs...
[Metalkid's the most useful calculator I've found for entering the stats at multiple levels. You can use about 3-5 Rare Candies (or however many you'd like), and after each Rare Candy, copy all of the stats into the rows on the calculator (this is self-explanatory)... Once complete, click "Calculate," and it'll give you an accurate estimate of your caught Pokemon's IVs.]

Use this info for the DS Parameter search - it should reveal the problem; discrepancy in the new parameter details - see what differs from the current parameters you're using.

--------------------
Now, hopefully someone can resolve my new issue: HELP!
I'm trying to breed for perfect IVs and Shinyness. But I can't figure out how to check my seed! The fact that some of the IVs are inherited makes the DS Parameter Search obsolete. And since I pick-up the Egg ASAP after the game loads, Sweet Scenting a nearby Pokemon doesn't really help - I mean, isn't the game reseeded? It would explain why, when I tried to Sweet Scent a Pokemon immediately after picking up the Egg, the Sweet Scented Pokemon's IVs failed the DS Parameter Search (0 results emerged) - this happened a couple of times. What should I do to calibrate, then? I'm obviously NOT hitting my seed, as the IVs are not what they should be... but I can't figure out what I'm really hitting...
Thanks again but I did some trial and error and found the problem. I dunno if it's a bug or something trivial but I'll explain anyways.

Seed A:

It just won't work at Celestial Tower, 2F. Why? I have no idea. It worked perfectly in a random patch of grass outside of Giant Chasm, encountered a Golbat by accident. I realized the frame was off by 20 as opposed to the calculated initial frame. So I took the actual frame with the seed, tested the pattern of natures, hit the right nature at the right frame but no shiny (at Celestial Tower)

Just to be sure I tried a different seed in first floor of relic castle and it was perfect. Maybe it was that particular seed or something but yeah.

@xtreme: There's a wandering NPC in Celestial Tower 2F. Try the roof.

Also, RNGreporter crashes for me all the time while searching only for one month. Just thought i'd post that.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Also, RNGreporter crashes for me all the time while searching only for one month. Just thought i'd post that.
Helpful bug reports, please. Like a screenshot of your RNG Reporter set-up before it crashed, exactly when it crashed, does it still crash with other settings, etc. I can't fix bugs if I have no idea how they're caused.

Speaking of bugs (no puns intended)... Time finder is still giving me incorrect data for shiny Larvesta eggs. I guess you're waiting for the next release to fix that, which is fine.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is this a worthy seed to get a shiny Thundurus?

Date: 7/14/2011
Time: 14:45.30
Timer0: C7F
Key(s): Dn-Lf + R
Seed: 8A3BEEFD84558B05
!!! Frame: 224
Nature: Naive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 30)