1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

What does "Possible Shaking" refer to?

Edit:
    The shiny check is still there. If that's why you're doing it, don't bother.
  2. Sy123

Sy123

When RNGing for Dream World pokemon, do their IVs and Nature get calculated in the Dream World or in the Entralink?
    Im guessing Entralink, and if so does the Entralink's wireless connection disrupt the frame enhancement.
    And also one last question, Im guessing if the wireless does nothing to the frame, then this is only accessible for people with that can do Standard RNG abuse. Am I right?
  3. Valei

Valei

That's interesting. So I'm assuming then the nature and IVs CAN be manipulated via RNG once they are at the Dragonspiral Tower?
  4. Aviator99

Aviator99

in PPRNG what option do I choose for stationary legendaries? (there isn't a 'stationary legends' option)
  5. Tomxc

Tomxc

Ah thanks for the confirmation, I wasn't planning on it but this is good to know then if anyone trades a shiny Z/R then it's definitely hacked.

If you read the second post of this thread, I believe Entralink RNG is actually C-Gear abuse, or at least can be done with C-Gear seeding.

I assume they can be manipulated at N's Castle too, just that you are then forced into two battles and a forced save at the end of the game with no way to check IV's before that; so Dragonspiral Tower is the only solution for RNG manipulation.
  6. V4Victini

V4Victini [22:01] <&Stellar> I'm gonna edit ALL the YAML files
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

Srry didnt see this.
  7. Zandock

Zandock

Don't tell people to waste time filling up boxes for this. RNGing inside N's Castle is much easier than catching hundreds of pokemon that you will later have to delete. All you have to do is check Zekrom/Reshiram's summary when you go into the battle with N. Yes, you are unable to see the nature, but if you know what IVs you are shooting for it should be very easy to figure out what nature you hit. If it's the wrong nature, reset and advance to the proper PID after hitting your seed again. When you get the spread/nature you want just chuck pokeballs until you lose the battle so you can go deposit your legendary into your PC before finishing the game.

There is just about zero reason to make the legendary go to Dragonspiral Tower.
  8. voodoo pimp

There's two easy ways to do it there, actually. Check the stats during the battle with N, and if four of them match up with your expected IVs, it should be easy to deduce the nature from there. If you can't tell from that, then just lose the battle.

Edit: Accelgor'd.
  9. Tomxc

Tomxc

Ah my apologies; that is indeed a much better way. Too bad for all those people being misled by amateur articles elsewhere on the internet- Smogon is definitely the place to go for the optimal methodology, not to mention the most accurate information.
  10. Spoit

Spoit

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

So using standard RNG breeding with a seed of 4E8179576DFD0291, with a careful everstoned mother.

I calibrated with 4 chatters to frame 58, then advanced with chaters to the shiny frame at 89, but got the bold one at frame 88 instead. So I did it again, with one more chatter, and it jumped to the sassy frame at 93.
  11. Elemt

Elemt

If you re-save, the NPCs will move differently and your starting frame will be different. It is best to check the starting by hatching the egg and not saving.
  12. Spoit

Spoit

I didn't resave.
  13. Pokethan

Pokethan

Only problem is now I am saved right inside the house before I come out to meet Thundurus so I really can't check my seed properly. Can I check it with Thundurus?
  14. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Sure you can check. Walk outside, do the Thundurus encounter, then go catch and check a wild Pokemon. If the wild Pokemon's IVs match one of your first 20 frames for that seed, you can be sure you hit it.
  15. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

There are two choices. Stationary Encounter and Zekrom / Reshiram / Victini. If you don't have the Stationary Encounter choice, you are using a very old version.
  16. V4Victini

is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

That could cause frequent crashes in RNGReporter cuz it would take up SO MUCH MEMORY. RNGReporter still crashes as is for some people occasionally.
  17. voodoo pimp

Maybe add a disclaimer that it might cause problems on low-end computers? It'd be nice to have it as an option, at least, for overnight searches and longer no-keypress searches and so on.
  18. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

I'm having a hard time diagnosing the problem, though. I have virtual machines set up emulate low-end machines (slow CPU speed, low memory) and I have yet to experience a crash.
  19. V4Victini

When I tried to run multiple searches, over 3 months, the program crashed. I assumed it was 2 much memory. I tried 2 months and it worked fine but everything else was slow.

Maybe youre right though andit may just be low end computers. Mine is from 2007.

EDIT: 4 month search
  20. Pokethan

Pokethan

Just checked my seed and yeah Im hitting it. Which is weird since the Thundurus doesn't seem to ever have the ivs I want. Gonna catch it now and see what ivs it has.
  21. COKTAL

COKTAL

Well I'm back, and I still can't get this stupid Haxorus. I hit my seed multiple times while in the room Cobalion appears, done the frame advancements for IVs, done 1/2/3/4 chatot calls (different times I hit the seed), and I don't see any correlation between the results. I guess I may have to find one with a lower IV frame, but that's going to mean higher amount of advancements for the nature/shiny part. If anyone thinks of anything, let me know.
  22. OmegaForte

OmegaForte

It rarely happens to me. The only times it would stop working is whenever I canceled the search and quickly went to the main screen of RNG reporter and had FF open. (3 times so far- since RNG reporter came out with the standard abuse for US, etc.)

I don't know either if it's the memory because I have FF open and some other app, and no crashes.
  23. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

COKTAL: which timer do you have? i have C7E and i have to hit like 1/10th a second after my target time or something. try hitting that and see what you get it worked for me.
  24. COKTAL

COKTAL

I've got C7F. I know when I hit it because I'll check the IVs of what I catch and the IV guy in the battle subway tells me the HP/Attack/Defense/Sp. Defense/Speed are all equally great.
    I'm just going to do a new search for a spread that starts on frame 1 since I need to go to bed now. Woot for having a calculus exam at 8 in the morning.
  25. Pokethan

Pokethan

I have been checking my seed before I go and try to catch Thundurus so far I have been pretty consistent at hitting the seed. After Thundurus flies away the pokemon I catch is on Frame 8 of whatever seed I have. So when the pokemon has certain IVs I know I hit my seed. Its very helpful.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)