5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Quick Question about retrieving revived Fossil Pokemon - their IVs are determined starting on frame 8, right? (like Eggs, WonderCard Pokemon, and other Gift Pokemon)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is this a worthy seed to get a shiny Thundurus?

Date: 7/14/2011
Time: 14:45.30
Timer0: C7F
Key(s): Dn-Lf + R
Seed: 8A3BEEFD84558B05
!!! Frame: 224
Nature: Naive
Nope. Way too early a frame to even try. You do realize the rain is going to advance the RNG hundreds of times in a few seconds, right?

Speaking of bugs (no puns intended)... Time finder is still giving me incorrect data for shiny Larvesta eggs. I guess you're waiting for the next release to fix that, which is fine.
Yeah, next release.

Quick Question about retrieving revived Fossil Pokemon - their IVs are determined starting on frame 8, right? (like Eggs, WonderCard Pokemon, and other Gift Pokemon)
Only eggs start on frame 8. Gift Pokemon like fossils and starters start on frame 1 (except for the Larvesta Egg on frame 2), and Wondercard Pokemon don't use that RNG for IV generation.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nope. Way too early a frame to even try. You do realize the rain is going to advance the RNG hundreds of times in a few seconds, right?
I know rain advances the PID Frame, but didn't know for certain how large. In other words, aim for something in the thousands if I wish to get a shiny one. :l

I think I did something wrong, or this is a bug;

Image here

BTW; Search within Results
One of those two spreads you're highlighting is for Roamers, that's why it's SpAttack and SpDef are shifted.

That would be my guess, at least. Probably caused because you're searching for "All Encounters Shiny"

Well I'm back, and I still can't get this stupid Haxorus. I hit my seed multiple times while in the room Cobalion appears, done the frame advancements for IVs, done 1/2/3/4 chatot calls (different times I hit the seed), and I don't see any correlation between the results. I guess I may have to find one with a lower IV frame, but that's going to mean higher amount of advancements for the nature/shiny part. If anyone thinks of anything, let me know.
you have to do the steps outside the cave. the NPCs will not advance your frame so much.

When exactly in the old man's conversation is the egg's Nature/IV/Ability/Gender generated?

"Ah, it's you!" ?
Pressing A to get to the slide "Player received egg from the old man" ?
Pressing A to get to the slide "You take good care of it?"

EDIT: @ Programmers, I've mentioned this before. I've noticed something when I IV Breed for a couple of the same Pokemon using the same seed. If I have another egg ready by the time I hatch the first one, then go straight to the old man and save, reboot and load the game with the same seed, I never get the desired spread. The only way I can fix this is by loading the game at a different time, other than the desired seed, save on that time, then reload the game with the right seed.

When exactly in the old man's conversation is the egg's Nature/IV/Ability/Gender generated?

"Ah, it's you!" ?

EDIT: @ Programmers, I've mentioned this before. I've noticed something when I IV Breed for a couple of the same Pokemon using the same seed. If I have another egg ready by the time I hatch the first one, then go straight to the old man and save, reboot and load the game with the same seed, I never get the desired spread. The only way I can fix this is by loading the game at a different time, other than the desired seed, save on that time, then reload the game with the right seed.
NPC Initialization varies from save to save (depending on their positions at save), hence, the amount they push your starting frame varies from save to save.

I hope this isn't too stupid a question, but I've been trying to hit shiny spreads today for the first time. I am absolutely sure I hit the seed, because I checked the IV's of the caught pokemon and they match what RNG Reporter predicted.

But it wasn't shiny. And I checked to make sure the Shiny Only box was checked. So now I know I've done everything right except one thing: I didn't touch the "Max Shiny Frame" box in Time Finder, leaving it at "300_". Can someone tell me what this box actually does, and whether it might be the reason the pokemon wasn't shiny? I'd post my ds parameters, but I'm on an iPad right now.

"Ah, it's you!" ?

Pretty sure there's no frame advancement during NPC conversations, so it doesn't make a difference when it's generated due to it being the same frame at both the start and the end of the conversation.

I hope this isn't too stupid a question, but I've been trying to hit shiny spreads today for the first time. I am absolutely sure I hit the seed, because I checked the IV's of the caught pokemon and they match what RNG Reporter predicted.

But it wasn't shiny. And I checked to make sure the Shiny Only box was checked. So now I know I've done everything right except one thing: I didn't touch the "Max Shiny Frame" box in Time Finder, leaving it at "300_". Can someone tell me what this box actually does, and whether it might be the reason the pokemon wasn't shiny? I'd post my ds parameters, but I'm on an iPad right now.
Have you gone through the correct process of advancing the PID frame to the correct value for it to be shiny? You need to chatter/save enough times to advance the PID frame to that of the shiny.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It'll be different every time you make a new save in front of the Day-Care Man. The NPCs will be in different positions and cause different frame advancements. You will have to recalibrate, there's no avoiding it.

Pretty sure there's no frame advancement during NPC conversations, so it doesn't make a difference when it's generated due to it being the same frame at both the start and the end of the conversation.

Have you gone through the correct process of advancing the PID frame to the correct value for it to be shiny? You need to chatter/save enough times to advance the PID frame to that of the shiny.
Um, okay, I certainly haven't done that. My bad. What part of RNG Reporter tells me how many times to advance the PID frame to get the shiny? Sorry for my noobishness.

Um, okay, I certainly haven't done that. My bad. What part of RNG Reporter tells me how many times to advance the PID frame to get the shiny? Sorry for my noobishness.
Once you've found the target seed for the IVs you want, copy/paste the full seed into the main RNG Reporter window with the dropdown set to Method 5 (PIDRNG). Catch a pokemon as soon as you load the game on your seed, and work out what your starting PID frame is (based on the nature/gender/encounter slot of what you caught). Once you know that, you then need to power off and re-hit your seed, but this time you need to advance your PID frame to the first frame that has a shiny.

OD EDIT: The Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame feature in 9.77 eliminates the need for this step. However, you still have to do it in areas where there are NPCs, like the Day-Care area.

Encounter Slot tables are: Black and White

There are 2 easy ways to advance the PID frame - Saving the game advances it by one, but is quite time consuming; or you can view the summary of a chatot that has a custom chatter, which also advances the frame by one and is far simpler.

If you're still lost, someone else can probably explain things better than me :)

And don't worry about noobish questions - everyone has to learn how to do things once - I only worked all this out last week.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Unfortunately, RNG Reporter cannot tell you exactly how many, because NPCs will always be changing your initial frame. You will need to calibrate first.

Save in front of the Day-Care Man, mash X to pull up the menu in-game ASAP. Then cancel, mash A to pick up the egg immediately. After that, you will need to hatch this calibration egg and figure out your initial frame by comparing the ability\gender\IV pattern with the list of breeding frames for your seed. The frame should be in the 45-70 range.

The number of Chatot calls you'll need to make is equal to Shiny Frame - Initial Frame.

Cheers for the clarification, OD. I'm still relatively new to all this myself, so it's not surprising I missed something out.

Revisiting my question about my initial PIDRNG frame findings being off by one:

The initial is set to 0, not 1. Therefore the first PIDRNG frame you are hitting is 1.

Think about it, it's working as intended :)

Just a difference of conceived definitions
OK, it makes sense to me now. It just seems odd to me to list the 0th PID frame in the grid after calculating the starting frame, seeing as it will be un-hittable.

Thanks for the clarification.

So I discovered something rather interesting. If anyone's having irritating issues with their Timer0, it might be useful maybe.

I was trying to hit a seed and advance the PIDRNG to hatch a shiny egg. After hours of resetting, I noticed I was consistently hitting the wrong seed because the Timer0 switched on me. Normally I always hit C85, and once in a blue moon I get C86. This time I kept getting C86 seven times in a row. Interestingly, when I changed the date to match up with a C86 spread, I hit C85 consistently. So I reverted back to the old seed and was able to get my shiny.

Trying to do Entralink abuse on a retail cart, following Sephirona's guide and trying to calibrate so I can hit my delay. Problem is, every time I check my results after catching my Pokemon, I keep hitting a second that's one second above my target. This even seems to happen when I set EonTimer's target second back one in an attempt to compensate for this.

Is this just a timing issue on my part, or am I doing something wrong?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Revisiting my question about my initial PIDRNG frame findings being off by one:

OK, it makes sense to me now. It just seems odd to me to list the 0th PID frame in the grid after calculating the starting frame, seeing as it will be un-hittable.

Thanks for the clarification.
Yeah, the next version will add 1 to the initial PIDRNG frame to match up with in-game results.

Trying to do Entralink abuse on a retail cart, following Sephirona's guide and trying to calibrate so I can hit my delay. Problem is, every time I check my results after catching my Pokemon, I keep hitting a second that's one second above my target. This even seems to happen when I set EonTimer's target second back one in an attempt to compensate for this.

I'm experiencing the exact same issue with the exact same conditions you have. I also tried adjusting my EonTimer target second but it's not helping. I've been trying to hit 02:55:59, but keep getting 2:56:00 just one second off.

Hey guys, Im new to the site and the whole RNGing thing. So it would be greatly appreciated if someone could help a n00b out.
So the first step is to find my seed I believe.. but herein lies my first problem: How do I find my Vcount, Vframe, GxStat, Timer0 min, and Timer0 max..

thanks in advance guys

Hey guys, Im new to the site and the whole RNGing thing. So it would be greatly appreciated if someone could help a n00b out.
So the first step is to find my seed I believe.. but herein lies my first problem: How do I find my Vcount, Vframe, GxStat, Timer0 min, and Timer0 max..

thanks in advance guys
The first part of this video should give you the basics on calibration

I had the same problem myself whilst doing Entralink RNG; I can think of a couple of possibilities:

- if you are starting the game from the main menu instead of soft-resetting, the game seems to start about one second later from when you press A

- if you still get one second later, adjust your timer back one second to compensate (and repeat until the game co-operates)

Accounting for both of these fixed it for me, but working with the Entralink is quite frustrating - at least you get guaranteed captures at no charge to compensate, I guess.

Am I correct to assume the following things about Raijin/Fujin expies:

1. MTIVRNG/PIDRNG for those two are set after they fly off.
2. Their PIDRNG frames will advance by 60 for every second you are in the rain/snow before you encounter them.
3. Their MTIVRNG frame/seed will not change within the rain/snow though and assuming you hit your seed correctly will give you your desired IV spread.

I'm think I'm missing something else about the Roamers but can't remember it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)