1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. xtr3m3

xtr3m3

Thanks again but I did some trial and error and found the problem. I dunno if it's a bug or something trivial but I'll explain anyways.

Seed A:

It just won't work at Celestial Tower, 2F. Why? I have no idea. It worked perfectly in a random patch of grass outside of Giant Chasm, encountered a Golbat by accident. I realized the frame was off by 20 as opposed to the calculated initial frame. So I took the actual frame with the seed, tested the pattern of natures, hit the right nature at the right frame but no shiny (at Celestial Tower)

Just to be sure I tried a different seed in first floor of relic castle and it was perfect. Maybe it was that particular seed or something but yeah.
  2. Vladimir

Vladimir

@xtreme: There's a wandering NPC in Celestial Tower 2F. Try the roof.

Also, RNGreporter crashes for me all the time while searching only for one month. Just thought i'd post that.
  3. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Helpful bug reports, please. Like a screenshot of your RNG Reporter set-up before it crashed, exactly when it crashed, does it still crash with other settings, etc. I can't fix bugs if I have no idea how they're caused.
  4. funeral_cake

funeral_cake

Speaking of bugs (no puns intended)... Time finder is still giving me incorrect data for shiny Larvesta eggs. I guess you're waiting for the next release to fix that, which is fine.
  5. religiousjedi

religiousjedi Destiny likes to use #The in everything.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Is this a worthy seed to get a shiny Thundurus?

Date: 7/14/2011
    Time: 14:45.30
    Timer0: C7F
    Key(s): Dn-Lf + R
    Seed: 8A3BEEFD84558B05
    !!! Frame: 224
    Nature: Naive
  6. Chaos Element: X

Chaos Element: X

Quick Question about retrieving revived Fossil Pokemon - their IVs are determined starting on frame 8, right? (like Eggs, WonderCard Pokemon, and other Gift Pokemon)
  7. ΩDonut

is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Nope. Way too early a frame to even try. You do realize the rain is going to advance the RNG hundreds of times in a few seconds, right?

Yeah, next release.

Only eggs start on frame 8. Gift Pokemon like fossils and starters start on frame 1 (except for the Larvesta Egg on frame 2), and Wondercard Pokemon don't use that RNG for IV generation.
  8. religiousjedi

religiousjedi Destiny likes to use #The in everything.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

I know rain advances the PID Frame, but didn't know for certain how large. In other words, aim for something in the thousands if I wish to get a shiny one. :l
  9. Drakiar

Drakiar

I think I did something wrong, or this is a bug;

Image here

BTW; Search within Results
  10. Pehu

Pehu

One of those two spreads you're highlighting is for Roamers, that's why it's SpAttack and SpDef are shifted.

That would be my guess, at least. Probably caused because you're searching for "All Encounters Shiny"
  11. tyons

tyons

you have to do the steps outside the cave. the NPCs will not advance your frame so much.
  12. pikabuddy

pikabuddy

When exactly in the old man's conversation is the egg's Nature/IV/Ability/Gender generated?

"Ah, it's you!" ?
    Pressing A to get to the slide "Player received egg from the old man" ?
    Pressing A to get to the slide "You take good care of it?"

EDIT: @ Programmers, I've mentioned this before. I've noticed something when I IV Breed for a couple of the same Pokemon using the same seed. If I have another egg ready by the time I hatch the first one, then go straight to the old man and save, reboot and load the game with the same seed, I never get the desired spread. The only way I can fix this is by loading the game at a different time, other than the desired seed, save on that time, then reload the game with the right seed.
  13. tyons

tyons

it doesn't matter, if you do everythig as quickly as possible.
  14. Tesseraction

Tesseraction

NPC Initialization varies from save to save (depending on their positions at save), hence, the amount they push your starting frame varies from save to save.
  15. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1

I hope this isn't too stupid a question, but I've been trying to hit shiny spreads today for the first time. I am absolutely sure I hit the seed, because I checked the IV's of the caught pokemon and they match what RNG Reporter predicted.

But it wasn't shiny. And I checked to make sure the Shiny Only box was checked. So now I know I've done everything right except one thing: I didn't touch the "Max Shiny Frame" box in Time Finder, leaving it at "300_". Can someone tell me what this box actually does, and whether it might be the reason the pokemon wasn't shiny? I'd post my ds parameters, but I'm on an iPad right now.
  16. Biscotti

Biscotti

Pretty sure there's no frame advancement during NPC conversations, so it doesn't make a difference when it's generated due to it being the same frame at both the start and the end of the conversation.

Have you gone through the correct process of advancing the PID frame to the correct value for it to be shiny? You need to chatter/save enough times to advance the PID frame to that of the shiny.
  17. ΩDonut

It'll be different every time you make a new save in front of the Day-Care Man. The NPCs will be in different positions and cause different frame advancements. You will have to recalibrate, there's no avoiding it.
  18. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1

Um, okay, I certainly haven't done that. My bad. What part of RNG Reporter tells me how many times to advance the PID frame to get the shiny? Sorry for my noobishness.
  19. Biscotti

Biscotti

Once you've found the target seed for the IVs you want, copy/paste the full seed into the main RNG Reporter window with the dropdown set to Method 5 (PIDRNG). Catch a pokemon as soon as you load the game on your seed, and work out what your starting PID frame is (based on the nature/gender/encounter slot of what you caught). Once you know that, you then need to power off and re-hit your seed, but this time you need to advance your PID frame to the first frame that has a shiny.

OD EDIT: The Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame feature in 9.77 eliminates the need for this step. However, you still have to do it in areas where there are NPCs, like the Day-Care area.

Encounter Slot tables are: Black and White

There are 2 easy ways to advance the PID frame - Saving the game advances it by one, but is quite time consuming; or you can view the summary of a chatot that has a custom chatter, which also advances the frame by one and is far simpler.

If you're still lost, someone else can probably explain things better than me :)

And don't worry about noobish questions - everyone has to learn how to do things once - I only worked all this out last week.
  20. ΩDonut

Unfortunately, RNG Reporter cannot tell you exactly how many, because NPCs will always be changing your initial frame. You will need to calibrate first.

Save in front of the Day-Care Man, mash X to pull up the menu in-game ASAP. Then cancel, mash A to pick up the egg immediately. After that, you will need to hatch this calibration egg and figure out your initial frame by comparing the ability\gender\IV pattern with the list of breeding frames for your seed. The frame should be in the 45-70 range.

The number of Chatot calls you'll need to make is equal to Shiny Frame - Initial Frame.
  21. Biscotti

Biscotti

Cheers for the clarification, OD. I'm still relatively new to all this myself, so it's not surprising I missed something out.
  22. ncsbert

ncsbert

Revisiting my question about my initial PIDRNG frame findings being off by one:

OK, it makes sense to me now. It just seems odd to me to list the 0th PID frame in the grid after calculating the starting frame, seeing as it will be un-hittable.

Thanks for the clarification.
  23. Bucky

Bucky

So I discovered something rather interesting. If anyone's having irritating issues with their Timer0, it might be useful maybe.

I was trying to hit a seed and advance the PIDRNG to hatch a shiny egg. After hours of resetting, I noticed I was consistently hitting the wrong seed because the Timer0 switched on me. Normally I always hit C85, and once in a blue moon I get C86. This time I kept getting C86 seven times in a row. Interestingly, when I changed the date to match up with a C86 spread, I hit C85 consistently. So I reverted back to the old seed and was able to get my shiny.
  24. Vagabond Aeon

Vagabond Aeon

Trying to do Entralink abuse on a retail cart, following Sephirona's guide and trying to calibrate so I can hit my delay. Problem is, every time I check my results after catching my Pokemon, I keep hitting a second that's one second above my target. This even seems to happen when I set EonTimer's target second back one in an attempt to compensate for this.

Is this just a timing issue on my part, or am I doing something wrong?
  25. ΩDonut

Yeah, the next version will add 1 to the initial PIDRNG frame to match up with in-game results.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)