1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Zuzu

Zuzu

lol wut. I had a hunch that was happening O.O

So uhh.. I've just lucked out and hitting a flawless frame?
  2. UpsideDownHitmontop

UpsideDownHitmontop

It says 49 is your starting PID frame. The PIDRNG doesn't start at 1. It starts between 40-60.

There's no way we can tell if it's luck or not without knowing the IVs of the parents. Your seed IVs are pentaflawless. If your parents are also flawless then almost every frame will yield flawless results.
  3. OmegaForte

OmegaForte

You will always get flawless IVs if your timer0 doesn't fuck up. Start at what RNG reporter tells you to +1. (Assuming you can open and close the menu fast) Of course, you don't need to do this if the desired PIDs are 1 or 2 frames away.
  4. Zuzu

Zuzu

The IV's are flawless hans special attack, which are 1 and 23 respectively.
  5. Cold Fusion

Cold Fusion

After I start up the game at the correct time, at what exact time do I have to do the key presses?
  6. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

Literally right after you start the game.
  7. Zuzu

Zuzu

For Standard Seed Wild RNG abuse, if I have a frame of 10 or something, can I just save 9 times(Or Chatot) then sweet scent?
  8. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

Since you're talking about PID advancements, I'm going to assume that.

You don't have a starting PID frame of 0. So no. Anything below 40 is impossible to get.

If you're saying you only need 10 advancements. You would need to chatot 10 times, then sweet scent.
  9. Zuzu

Zuzu

I see. Thank you very much...
  10. AslanTheMan

AslanTheMan

I have a couple question about RNG'ing for thundurus (standard seed) who I'm trying to get for my VGC team, firstly
    -When should I save before or after the old lady takes me in her house.
    -If it is in house then does the RNG reporter account for the steps taken once left in the cut-scene?
    -Next the third post states:
    Their IVs, nature, and PID are set immediately after it flies away. Battling with the Champion increases the PIDRNG frame by 6, the Roamer is then generated at the Hall of Fame Machine.
    This may be a stupid understanding but how can battling the champion change something which has already been set?
    - Do I need my secret ID for RNG'ing shinies on non c-gear method?

Any help would be appreciated :)
  11. xtr3m3

xtr3m3

Save at the very last spot BEFORE exiting the house, after the oldy lady stops talking. As in, when you start, you take 1 step and that's when you exit. It shouldn't affect the IVs. (It didn't when I RNG'ed it)

Not sure about the E4 because I never did it that way, and I don't think anyone else did either but I'm not sure.

Yes you need your secret ID for RNGing Shinies for non-cgear.
  12. giratinaman

giratinaman

if i want to rng a shiny but the pidrng frame is over 2000 what do i do to advance that much?
  13. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Chatot could work, but you should go for an easier seed. It's easy to lose count when you do that many, and really frustrating if you miss it.
  14. giratinaman

giratinaman

how does chatot work though wouldn't it take forever to click pokemon chatot chatter 2000 times?
  15. xtr3m3

xtr3m3

Get 2 chatots, record a chatter, flip on the summary page between both. And yes it does, hence why he said get a lower framed seed.
  16. hipoke

hipoke

Wow thanks, yeah the problem was I wasn't taking the Minutes Before Target into account. I have another question now though, if I'm missing my target by a few seconds, and I know I'm hitting 0, how do I calibrate for that? I know for delays you just put it in Delay Hit, and update, but I'm kinda confused about seconds.
  17. giratinaman

giratinaman

just summarying it counts as chatter
  18. ooh_shiny

ooh_shiny

Is it impossible to hit a PID frame of 35?
  19. xtr3m3

xtr3m3

For eggs? Probably since they start between 40-60, average being 50-55.
  20. hipoke

hipoke

I've been doing C-Gear rnging, and now I'm trying to calibrate, but I'm missing my target by a few seconds, and I know I'm hitting 0. I've done this about 5 times, and I'm consistantly missing it by 2-3 seconds. How do I compensate for that in eon timer?
  21. thelukester92

thelukester92

I just had something strange happen to me while working the RNG. I'm trying to abuse for a Thundurus - I wanted shiny, but I've since given up on that and am just going for good IVs and a good nature. The good IVs I have hit, but so far haven't found a good nature.

I decided to try a new seed to see if I could get a better nature there. The results were unlike anything I've seen in RNGing (I've been RNGing since Soul Silver, and have done all my other legends in White already, minus Zekrom and Victini).

The IVs were just as expected, except the HP IV and the Atk IV were reversed.

Full Seed:

4585C58B03C3E5D8
    Frame 1

Goal:

31 / 10 / 30 / 30 / 31 / 31 HP Water

Got:

10 / 30 / 30 / 30 / 31 / 31 HP Water

Couldn't find an adjacent seed with those IVs. Any thoughts on what might have caused this?

Edit: I figured out the problem - I had set "Wild Pokemon" instead of "Roaming Pokemon."
  22. woaska

woaska

I'm trying to chatter my way to the right nature, but they NEVER make sense. My start frame is 59, target is 68, Timid nature. I chattered 9 times, I got a Rash nature, which is at frame 69. I restarted the whole process and chattered 9 times, and then I got Hardy nature, which is at frame 67. I was like, wtf. Restarted, chattered 9 times, Hardy nature.

So I restarted again and this time, I chattered 10 times, but then I got a gentle nature, and the nearest frame is 65, both nature and gender fits.

I restarted again... chattered once, got a modest nature, male. No frame under 100 that's modest and male... I earlier caught a Boldore, its IVs matched with Method 5-> Frame 18.

What is this? What could I possible do wrong? I haven't check IVs, but they seem correct according to the characteristic.
  23. thelukester92

thelukester92

Check adjacent seeds. My timer0 fluctuates between C7F and C80, so if I'm aiming for a C7F seed and get an unexpected result, I check the equivalent PIDRNG value for the seed at timer0 = C80 and it's nearly always what I ended up with.

Right click your seed in the time finder and choose "Generate Adjacent Seeds (Current Frame)" then copy the full seed of the adjacent seeds at your target time into the main window, choose Method 5 (PIDRNG) and calculate the initial PIDRNG frame, then check 9 advances down from that - it might be Hardy nature, like you unexpectedly found.
  24. rubixlx0

rubixlx0

hi im trying to RNG a clamperl which requires fishing. how exactly do i do this? do i use the same process (sweet scenting) then fly to route 4? or something else? please help
  25. Calech

Calech

It's as simple as it sounds - if your target is X, and you hit X+2, you need to subtract the amount extra you're hitting from your 'Target Seconds' (and if you're hitting under your target you need to add it).

If you've got RNG reporter open you can just play around with the seconds values and see where you hit until you've found a place where you can consistently hit your seconds and (approximate) delay - then it's just trial and error until you catch your target.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)