1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. hipoke

hipoke

Finally reached my goal guys! Thanks so much! 31/31/31/19/31/0 Brave Golett with Iron Fist! And one more question. Is there anyway to use C-Gear rnging for breeding?
  2. ikasu

ikasu

Where can I find an up to date guide for ID/SID abuse?
  3. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

I'm trying to catch a shiny Rufflet.
    Full seed is: 15D05F2B0436C14F
    IV frame 6 PID frame 196.
    ID 58371 SID 20686
    I'm at the Village Bridge to catch it since that's the only place with an Encounter Slot 4 Rufflet.
    I manage to get the correct IVs (31/31/31/21/31/31) each time but I believe something is wrong with my PID advancing. I keep getting a level 48 Docile Rufflet with the characteristic of "Somewhat vain." and ability 0. I believe my problem is the NPCs in that area. Is there any way to control them better? I believe I'm hitting a PID frame of 302 with my advances and all the NPC movement but I could be wrong. I'll be trying 106 less PID advances this next time.
  4. V4Victini

V4Victini Free Ohmagod
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

Sorry but you gotta go for IV Frame 1 (and use Honey I think)
  5. Turtwig

Turtwig

There's one NPC there, near the bottom left side of the river.

It'll be difficult for you to keep track of your PID frame there. Since you have to advance your IV frame with 128 steps, the NPC will probably have moved quite a bit by the time you've finished. Unless you can find a way to consistently move, using the exact same path and amount of time, I would try to find a different spread, preferably with IV frame 1.

If you can find one with ESV 0, 2, 8, or 10, you can go to Victory Road's entrance and use any IV frame there, since there's no NPCs. Using an IV frame other than 1 in an area with NPCs is a tough task.

The one linked to in the third post (this) explains it pretty well. It's what I used for abusing mine. (It was written a while ago, but everything it gives you there is the same information known today.)
  6. Kaasoljoyyx

Kaasoljoyyx

There should be no way in hell you got to pid frame 210 if you're using a frame 8 seed.
  7. Slashmolder

Yeah, I didn't think I could control the NPCs. Time to search more for a good one on frame 1 or with a better encounter slot.

I think I found a bug with RNG reporter. Setting Synch Nature to anything in the Time Finder appears to do nothing. That is at least when you are searching for shiny Pokemon of a Wild encounter type on black and white standard seeds.
  8. Slashmolder

EDIT: Double post sorry
  9. UpsideDownHitmontop

UpsideDownHitmontop

Sync nature works fine. I saw your other post before you edited and tested it a little. The problem was with the nature not the sync nature. Apparently setting nature causes RNG reporter to search only for frames that originally have that nature without being synchronized which excludes synchronizable frames of other natures. That's why you got more results when you changed the nature to any.
  10. Slashmolder

When doing a shiny search where I set Sync Nature to Jolly I still see results which are bolded and something aside from Jolly (what they should be without any Synch Nature at all). When I put the seed into the main window everything seems to work fine.

Just to clarify here's a picture (cleared the IVs just to get more results to show):
    [​IMG]

Another thing I noticed is that the progress bar appears to be off. When the bar reaches about 1/3rd of the way done the search stops. I'm not too sure if the search is ending too early or if it's just the progress bar reporting incorrectly.
  11. UpsideDownHitmontop

UpsideDownHitmontop

Oh i see what you're saying. It doesn't change the bolded nature to Jolly. That's not really important though. You already know what the bolded nature should be without the program telling you. It's still searching properly as evidenced by the fact that it includes all the synchronizable frames plus seeing the non-sync nature might be useful to some people.
  12. Slashmolder

The only real problem is that it means if I only want a Jolly pokemon I can't search all of them by putting Nature Jolly and Sync Nature Jolly. It's best to just leave the nature alone and manually figure out if it's right or not by seeing if it either says the nature you want or if it's bolded. You could just check Synchronize Frame Only but then it would leave out the ones that are of the correct nature and not Synchronizable.
    Esmeya likes this.
  13. chunjoo

chunjoo

I've just started breeding w/ standard seed using half flawless parents to get a flawless baby, is there any way to get a specific hidden power using this method?
  14. UpsideDownHitmontop

UpsideDownHitmontop

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/breeding_guide_part4

Of course it's possible to get hidden powers with semi-flawless parents. Just search for the hidden power spread and find a frame that gives you the correct inheritance.
  15. chunjoo

chunjoo

Wow, I completely missed that page! Thank you so much! :)
  16. King N

King N

Say I RNG a ID/SID without a spread.
    Then I find Gift pokemon seed with that ID/SID.
    And that RNG with that seed.
    Will that spread give me shiny starters with the seed IVs?
  17. rubixlx0

rubixlx0

when you are rng breeding, do you first check the starting frame by not spamming x and let the NPCs advance the frame or not? also do you spam x after the season fades? because i cannot for the life of me no matter how fast i press x bring up the menu before the npcs move 2 or 3 times. same goes for spamming A. after i exit the pause menu and spam a at least 1 NPC will move. can someone tell me what im doing wrong?
  18. Kaasoljoyyx

Kaasoljoyyx

This is what I do, tell me if you need any further explanations

1. Start the game at the right time with keypresses if necessary
    2. When doing c-gear, say "no, don't start it" then "Yes, that's fine i don't need cgear"
    3. Spam X starting now or shortly after
    4. When the season fades away, the menu will open shortly after
    5. Subconciously, i take a look at where the mincinno and petilil are
    6. I do 1 chatter
    7. I press B twice so i'm at the main menu screen
    8. I press B and spam A
    9. I again subconciously look at the mincinno and petilil are to see how much they moved. I pay more attention to where they are this time around
    10. I make sure I hit my seed by catching something and checking its IVs
    11. I hatch the egg and find where my shifted PID frame is. My calculated initial was 47. The PID frame i landed on after 1 chatter was 54. The PID frame I want is 60. So i do 6 additional chatters, or 7 in total
    12. I turn off the game and redo steps 1~10. Only this time on step 6, I do 7 chatters. Also I make sure the mincinno and petilil are at roughly the same spots
    13. I then hatch the egg (usually in a neat location) and 95%+ of the time the egg will be exactly what I wanted. Sometimes I might have been careless due to RNGing late at night and messed up my chatters, or spamming X too slow, or etc, so I end up 1 frame off. Sometimes the NPC could have moved a split second before i picked up my egg on the initial testing, and messed with my adjusted PID frame. I just do it again and change my chatters until i fix it.
  19. sVx Shadow

sVx Shadow

In the rng breeding guide, there's a guide for both parents being flawless, one for half flawless parents and the one with just parents. Is there one for a flawless ditto and a parent with no good iv's or would it be the same as one of the other methods?
  20. ikasu

ikasu

So I'm trying to get a shiny starter with decent IV's and a decent nature. Do I go into the Time Finder's Capture tab. I have Min/Max Frame at 1, Method as Method 5, Encounter Slot Any, then the IV spread and my ID/SID. So I hit generate and then once the search is done choose a frame? What range does the nearby shiny frame need to be? And once I find a spread I like what do I do from there?
  21. xtr3m3

xtr3m3

Are you starting a new game or using an emulator?

Do everything you said about Time Finder, then when you find your seed, look here:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3160082&postcount=3

Click on the pdf, scroll down to the "Find ID/SID pair" and follow the rest of the instructions.
  22. rubixlx0

rubixlx0

anyone know how to manipulate a swarm? also what ESV are swarm pokemon?
  23. Chaos Element: X

Chaos Element: X

I'm not sure if I can ask this, but does anyone know where a guide to RNGING ID/SID (5th Gen) is? I remember it being posted somewhere in this thread, but I can't seem to find it. O_o?
  24. Chev4

Chev4

Everything you need to know is in this guide by Kaphotics.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/RNG/g5 rngguide v01.pdf
  25. xtr3m3

xtr3m3

2 posts above yours bud haha.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)