1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

resave, and it's NPCs.

Be quicker!
  2. caruto

caruto

I resaved, and every other resave I get one of 2 results. One of them is what I posted about before, it's extremely consistent. The other one is no matter how many frames I advance, i always end up with the same pokemon. It's so strange.
  3. stephenjm

stephenjm

I always have the exact same problem. It helps to redo your SSF and just keep trying; I eventually get it.
  4. caruto

caruto

Thanks you guys, I finally caught it :3

P.S. (open)
    Palpitoad is a whore.
  5. MrKickAss

MrKickAss

My question was ignored in this thread too :(

I know the answer to yours though, Advance the month by one. then battle a pokemon. The fog will have gone. Then save and put the month back, the place will be fog free for your sweet scent.
  6. Enraikou

Enraikou

ok i did check twice if my flashcard parameters are usable, and it is, so ill try to find the parameters now

im turning my pokemon game at 09:00:20 with these parameters:
    seconds:20/30
    Vcount:0/60
    timer0:b00/dff
    GxStat:6/86
    Vframe:0/1f
    Am I doing this right?oh almost forgot the IV from the femeale durant:9/0/22/13/22/21
  7. UpsideDownHitmontop

UpsideDownHitmontop

GxStat is not 6-86. It's 6 OR 86. 86 is for soft resetting. If you get no results without soft reset checked try searching with soft reset checked. I remember Bond697 saying flashcards can have soft reset parameters even though you're not soft resetting. GxStat 5-7 should be good for no soft reset and 85-87 for soft reset. Everything else is you have is good.

You will also need a second date/time/IVs for verification so do it again at another date/time. Save the dates/times/IVs somewhere.
    If you get no results with and without soft reset checked, try expanding VCount and Timer0 maybe VFrame too.

Once you have your 2 sets of IVs it's just a game to find your parameters. Play with the parameter finder 'til something pops up. Then use the second IVs to see if you've found the right parameters. If not expand some more.
  8. Enraikou

Enraikou

oh ok, if nothing shows up, ill try it on my brother acekard, maybe i get some results, thanks^^
  9. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

This may sound fairly obvious but if there's an option to have the game automatically boot up when you start the flashcart you should use it for consistency.

I have some experience w/ an Acekard 2i. The Timer0 can be between D00 and F00, VCount is between 60 and 70, and VFrame is always 7. Sometimes Timer0 can fluctuate a lot though and other times it doesn't. I'm not sure what causes that nor what fixes it. Oh and the seconds is +8. You have to open globalsettings.ini and set autorunWithLastRom to 1. When you start the flashcart while holding B it won't automatically start btw.
  10. MrKickAss

MrKickAss

Hi, I would greatly appreciate it if you could reply to my problem. My seed's IVs are not the first ones in the first 10. It is at frame 3, I am using C Gear RNG. It has another IV for each frame in front of the ones I want. ie. 7 / 12 / 31 / 10 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 15 / 2. I would love if somebody would please tell me what I should do. Do I need to advance the frame after I turn on the C Gear with 2 pokemon in my party and it will come up? Or when do I advance the frame? I tried doing the former and it didnt work for me. Please help. Nintendo DSi, Newest RNGreporter and Eon Timer. Pokemon Black.
  11. OniBowser

OniBowser

Quick question, is it possible to RNG with a DSI yet?
  12. OmegaForte

OmegaForte

First page dude.
  13. Ticcyboy

Ticcyboy

Still having trouble trying to find my initial frame for my shiny roamer. After 0 pid frame advances i get a naughty nature then when i advance it by 1 i get a lax nature after 2 advances i get lax nature again and i cant seem to find that pattern anywhere i could be doing it wrong but i really could do with some help.
  14. Shinyshuppet1

Shinyshuppet1

I got a question about RNGing thundurus, I hope someone can help please. ^^
    Okay so do I save in the house, hit my seed, then come out and that's it? or is there anything that will advance your frame or something?
  15. Red

Red Guest

Thats really about it if you want to do it that way. It's easier doing what you said. just save inside the house, right beside the door, hit seed, and exit. ;)
    beware that the weather advances the PID frame I belive
  16. UpsideDownHitmontop

UpsideDownHitmontop

Your problem is that you're looking for exact patterns. You have 3 things that can affect the PID frame, the rain from the roamer, the NPCs on route 7 and "natural" weather. Ideally you should be doing it in a month where there's no natural weather on route 7 so you only have to deal with the rain from the roamer & NPCs.
    Your advances should be in 5s or 10s not 1, 2, 3...
    You're not going to find the right pattern like that. Do 0 advances, 5 advances, 10 advances etc and look for the pattern. Don't expect them to be exactly 5 apart.
    You can also use the characteristic to help you find your starting frame. RNG reporter does not display characteristics right now so you'll have to figure them out yourself using the PID%6 method. Tesseraction's breeding guide explains it (post 3) and Kaphotics explains how to setup researcher to do it for you here.
  17. Reaga

Reaga

Ugh, if I get IVs right the Nature is wrong and vice versa. Dreamworld Espeon better be worth this (I lost my game mid-RNG, just now picking it back up)
  18. Kaphotics

they came out with female DW eevees, if you'd rather just breed one (with egg moves too, and shiny).
  19. Reaga

Reaga

Wait, when did they do this? You must be kidding
  20. Rickilicious

Rickilicious

Tried about 10 times now, still can't find parameters. If I do find parameters I try again right after, and then I go back to not being able to find the parameters. Watched bearfan's videos about 10 times a piece and even printed out a copy of the walkthrough on page 1. I'm still stuck, hopefully it's something silly.

My list of what I do to not get my parameters
    Show Hide
    http://imgur.com/Pa0Qn (sorry not forum savvy, I don't understand the physical intricacies of thumbnails)

What I do:
    -I fly to the last cave on top of Victory Road.
    -Save the game then quit out.
    -Sync up the clock and dates. In this case, July 22, 2011 at 6:20:20 so military time isn't a confusing factor.
    -Game shuts off, I turn it back on.
    -I press A once at initial loading screen.
    -When the seconds hand reaches 20, I immediately press A.
    -When the screen gets to N's castle is when I press A again.

NOTE:I have C-Gear on(I read somewhere it didn't matter, will try it off a few times after).

-Immediately after loading I press x, and then proceed to sweet scent, and then capture the pokemon.

ALSO NOTE: In the videos, I was under the impression that the amount of pokeballs and the time it takes to capture is irrelevant, so I've never worried too much about this.

-I then get the iv's from metalkid's and/or the built in one on RNG.
    -I input the iv's and then fill in or make sure my version and mac address are good, no buttons held, then I hit search.

9/10 times comes up nothing. I've tried widening the parameters, and that still doesn't get anywhere. Visited the IRC, and was advised to post the problem here. Any help/advice would be awesome, thank you.
  21. ObviousEnd

ObviousEnd

Reposting this from two pages back:

Also: Does Abundant Shrine have any wandering NPCs I have to worry about? Just adding this in advance to me RNGing a shiny Landorus afterward.
  22. Kaphotics

cgear off always when calibrating parameters
  23. xtr3m3

xtr3m3

ObviousEnd: I believe it does, since when I RNG'ed Landorous on my cart I realized the SSF was by +20.
  24. Rickilicious

Rickilicious

Ty for the timely reply, however, when not using c-gear, after 3 tries, parameters still empty
  25. ObviousEnd

ObviousEnd

I see. Is there any way to stop them? I recall wandering trainer NPCs could be stopped in D/P/Pt using the VS. Seeker and battling them. I know there's no VS. Seeker in B/W, but will battling them stop them should they be trainers?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)