5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

What is the PID%6 method? I've heard about it but Idk what it is. Just asking :P
It's a way to figure out the the characteristic for each PID frame. RNG reporter does not list characteristics yet (well it does but only for eggs) so you have to figure them out yourself using the PID%6 method. Characteristic is just another tool you can use to narrow down your starting frame. It's very useful for roamer RNGing. It's also useful for everstone breeding and if you're using a synchronizer to RNG wild Pokemon.
It can sometimes eliminate the need for nature patterns. Most of my everstone breeds only take 2 tries because of the PID%6 method. :)
See post 3 for more info (Tesseraction's breeding guide) and my previous post has a link Kaphotics posted which shows how to setup researcher to do all the work for you.

It's a way to figure out the the characteristic for each PID frame. RNG reporter does not list characteristics yet (well it does but only for eggs) so you have to figure them out yourself using the PID%6 method. Characteristic is just another tool you can use to narrow down your starting frame. It's very useful for roamer RNGing. It's also useful for everstone breeding and if you're using a synchronizer to RNG wild Pokemon.
It can sometimes eliminate the need for nature patterns. Most of my everstone breeds only take 2 tries because of the PID%6 method. :)
See post 3 for more info (Tesseraction's breeding guide) and my previous post has a link Kaphotics posted which shows how to setup researcher to do all the work for you.
Ohh thanks for the info!

When doing a Shiny Egg search for Gen V, is the "Frame" listed the IVRNG or the PIDRNG? Because I assumed it was the latter, and that seemed to make sense in the context, but a listing of the seed in RNG Reporter doesn't yield a shiny egg or even the right nature on the frame it's supposed to be on (413). I've double-checked everything, and everything seems to be perfec, so the only thing I can think is that it's supposed to be the IVRNG, and I was supposed to put the min/max frames in Shiny Egg finder at 8. I really don't want to do this, since it's taken 3 days for Time Finder to give me even 46 results (I must have a shitty PC), and zero of them have been on frame 8, but if I have to, I have to. I can't take a screenshot, but in short, is Shiny Egg finder supposed to display the IVRNG, and not the PIDRNG like I assumed?

I'm having a rough time RNGing shiny Amoonguss. I tried several times, failed, and what's worse, none of the adjacent results matched. I was wondering if the generation method I'm using is wrong - is Amoonguss considered a wild or a stationary Pokemon? For the record, i'm using the latter.

When doing a Shiny Egg search for Gen V, is the "Frame" listed the IVRNG or the PIDRNG? Because I assumed it was the latter, and that seemed to make sense in the context, but a listing of the seed in RNG Reporter doesn't yield a shiny egg or even the right nature on the frame it's supposed to be on (413). I've double-checked everything, and everything seems to be perfec, so the only thing I can think is that it's supposed to be the IVRNG, and I was supposed to put the min/max frames in Shiny Egg finder at 8. I really don't want to do this, since it's taken 3 days for Time Finder to give me even 46 results (I must have a shitty PC), and zero of them have been on frame 8, but if I have to, I have to. I can't take a screenshot, but in short, is Shiny Egg finder supposed to display the IVRNG, and not the PIDRNG like I assumed?
The frame in the shiny egg finder is the PID frame. All seeds from the shiny egg finder have frame 8 for IVs. 413 is a bit high for an egg PID frame. 60/200 for min/max frame should be good. Maybe trade with someone for a foreign language flawless Ditto? Also make sure you use the everstone so you get more results.

About the listing, you mean when you put the seed in the main window it's not the right shiny frame? Maybe you're using different info in the main window than what you searched for in the shiny egg finder. For example if you search without everstone checked you shouldn't check it in the main window either.
Maybe it's the bug where RNG reporter uses the previous ID/SID combo you had entered. I believe if that's the case you need to enter your ID/SID in the main window then generate something. It will update with the correct ID/SID in the time finder. Not sure if you have to close/reopen RNG reporter for the ID/SID to be updated but might as well do that since you'll have to search again if reporter has been using the wrong ID/SID. :/

I'm having a rough time RNGing shiny Amoonguss. I tried several times, failed, and what's worse, none of the adjacent results matched. I was wondering if the generation method I'm using is wrong - is Amoonguss considered a wild or a stationary Pokemon? For the record, i'm using the latter.
The poke ball ones are stationary.
Post more info about the seed you're going for and what you're getting.

The frame in the shiny egg finder is the PID frame. All seeds from the shiny egg finder have frame 8 for IVs. 413 is a bit high for an egg PID frame. 60/200 for min/max frame should be good. Maybe trade with someone for a foreign language flawless Ditto? Also make sure you use the everstone so you get more results.

About the listing, you mean when you put the seed in the main window it's not the right shiny frame? Maybe you're using different info in the main window than what you searched for in the shiny egg finder. For example if you search without everstone checked you shouldn't check it in the main window either.
Maybe it's the bug where RNG reporter uses the previous ID/SID combo you had entered. I believe if that's the case you need to enter your ID/SID in the main window then generate something. It will update with the correct ID/SID in the time finder. Not sure if you have to close/reopen RNG reporter for the ID/SID to be updated but might as well do that since you'll have to search again if reporter has been using the wrong ID/SID. :/
Thank you for the info, although I double-checked all those things and they were as they should be. I'll go through the things I had in place immediately before clicking "Generate" in Time Finder (I might have scrolled out of BW (International) or something after it had already well started, but I don't think that affects it at all) if you don't mind looking:

-Father's IVs were set to 31/31/31/31/31/31
-Mother's IVs were set to 31/31/31/31/31/31
-Target IVs were 31/None/31/None/31/31 (I'll get into the reasoning behind that more later if necessary)
-Year was 2011, month was 6.
-Min frame was 0 for whatever reason, max frame was 500.
-DW ability only was NOT checked.
-Ditto parent WAS checked.
-Show Inheritance was NOT checked.
-Breeding Type: BW (International)
-Everstone: Adamant
-Nature, Ability, Gender: ANY
-Gender ratio: 50/50
-ID/SID: 45981/02446

The details of the Pokemon in question, in Time Finder:

-Full Seed: A47EFDF18BE1A500
-Frame: 413
-PID: AE27BC9F
-Nature: Adamant
-Ability: 1
-DW: False
-2011/06/01
-13:04:24
-31/31/31/14/31/31

Now, the stuff put into RNG Reporter's main window:

-Method: BW (International)
-Starting frame 1, max frame 10,000
-Seed: A47EFDF18BE1A500
-Nature, Ability, Encounter slot: ANY
-Shiny only was NOT checked
-Synchronize frames only was NOT checked
-Ditto parent WAS checked
-DW egg only was NOT checked.
-Target IVs: None/None/None/None/None/None

And the Pokemon that appears at frame 413:

-PID: F6650866
-Nature: Mild
-(Seed)/Fe/(Seed)/Fe/(Seed)/Fe IVs
-Gender (for 50/50): F
EDIT: This pokemon doesn't have the !!! that indicates shininess either.

I can't think of anything I missed, and I'm certain that I had all the same stuff in Time Finder before I clicked 'Generate.' Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you for the info, although I double-checked all those things and they were as they should be. I'll go through the things I had in place immediately before clicking "Generate" in Time Finder (I might have scrolled out of BW (International) or something after it had already well started, but I don't think that affects it at all) if you don't mind looking:

-Father's IVs were set to 31/31/31/31/31/31
-Mother's IVs were set to 31/31/31/31/31/31
-Target IVs were 31/None/31/None/31/31 (I'll get into the reasoning behind that more later if necessary)
-Year was 2011, month was 6.
-Min frame was 0 for whatever reason, max frame was 500.
-DW ability only was NOT checked.
-Ditto parent WAS checked.
-Show Inheritance was NOT checked.
-Breeding Type: BW (International)
-Nature, Ability, Gender: ANY
-Gender ratio: 50/50

The details of the Pokemon in question, in Time Finder:

-Full Seed: A47EFDF18BE1A500
-Frame: 413
-PID: AE27BC9F
-Nature: Adamant
-2011/06/01
-13:04:24
-31/31/31/14/31/31

Now, the stuff put into RNG Reporter's main window:

-Method: BW (International)
-Starting frame 1, max frame 10,000
-Seed: A47EFDF18BE1A500
-Nature, Ability, Encounter slot: ANY
-Shiny only was NOT checked
-Synchronize frames only was NOT checked
-Ditto parent WAS checked
-DW egg only was NOT checked.
-Target IVs: None/None/None/None/None/None

And the Pokemon that appears at frame 413:

-PID: F6650866
-Nature: Mild
-(Seed)/Fe/(Seed)/Fe/(Seed)/Fe IVs
-Gender (for 50/50): F
EDIT: This pokemon doesn't have the !!! that indicates shininess either.

I can't think of anything I missed, and I'm certain that I had all the same stuff in Time Finder before I clicked 'Generate.' Any help is much appreciated.
I can't really see anything wrong there other than min frame 0. If I use min frame 0 the search completely stalls. Maybe that's the problem. I tried searching with what you had except I used 2 keypresses and 60/200 for min/max frame. Got 100+ results in under a minute, many of them adamant so there had to be something wrong if it took you 3 days to find 46 seeds.
Your parents' IVs are a perfect match for your target IVs, you're using BW (international) and you're using an everstone so it really shouldn't take long to find seeds.

You're right, I tried it with 60/200 and I got a ton of results. It must have been the 0 min that was making it take so incredibly long (and making my PC lag all the while). Thank you again!

EDIT: Though the results came much faster, the PIDs do not match on the frame in Time Finder and its supposed twin frame in the list in RNG Reporter. Everything seems to be identical setup-wise; is there anything that could be causing this problem?

EDIT: Here's something interesting: While the gender and shininess still don't match, if I choose from Time Finder a Pokemon that does NOT have the Everstone nature, it has the correct nature in RNG Reporter (A Lax Pokemon in Time Finder is Lax on the same frame in RNG Reporter). What is the significance of this? It's almost like it was long ago when I forgot to check "Ditto Parent" when I was starting to RNG breed, yet I definitely have "Ditto Parent" checked in both windows.

Should I just try to breed one and see whether the result in Time Finder or the one in RNG Reporter is right?

The poke ball ones are stationary.
Post more info about the seed you're going for and what you're getting.

The hex flawless spread is what i'm aiming for.

Shiny frame: 245 (46 Initial)

Frame 1, so I don't have to worry about IVRNG advancements screwing my shiny frame. (i'm standing in a tall grass mind you)

I start the game at 17:38:13, then hold the A+Select buttons until Pokemon Company screen disappears. Upon entering the game, I press X as fast as possible to open the menu. I switch between two Chatots (with a recorded Chatter) 199 times, and encounter Amoonguss immediately after closing the menu. I seem to be getting pretty consistent results, jumping between two (crappy) spreads, but the thing is, none of them appear even in the adjacent seeds (let alone the target seed). I checked C7B and C7D @ 14 seconds and the spreads I'm getting are nowhere to be seen.

I know this spread works for me, because I used it to RNG a perfect shiny Terrakion before. I really don't know what am i doing wrong here.

You're right, I tried it with 60/200 and I got a ton of results. It must have been the 0 min that was making it take so incredibly long (and making my PC lag all the while). Thank you again!

EDIT: Though the results came much faster, the PIDs do not match on the frame in Time Finder and its supposed twin frame in the list in RNG Reporter. Everything seems to be identical setup-wise; is there anything that could be causing this problem?

EDIT: Here's something interesting: While the gender and shininess still don't match, if I choose from Time Finder a Pokemon that does NOT have the Everstone nature, it has the correct nature in RNG Reporter (A Lax Pokemon in Time Finder is Lax on the same frame in RNG Reporter). What is the significance of this? It's almost like it was long ago when I forgot to check "Ditto Parent" when I was starting to RNG breed, yet I definitely have "Ditto Parent" checked in both windows.

Should I just try to breed one and see whether the result in Time Finder or the one in RNG Reporter is right?
I don't get how things aren't matching up for you. I'll VM you something in a little.

The hex flawless spread is what i'm aiming for.

Shiny frame: 245 (46 Initial)

Frame 1, so I don't have to worry about IVRNG advancements screwing my shiny frame. (i'm standing in a tall grass mind you)

I start the game at 17:38:13, then hold the A+Select buttons until Pokemon Company screen disappears. Upon entering the game, I press X as fast as possible to open the menu. I switch between two Chatots (with a recorded Chatter) 199 times, and encounter Amoonguss immediately after closing the menu. I seem to be getting pretty consistent results, jumping between two (crappy) spreads, but the thing is, none of them appear even in the adjacent seeds (let alone the target seed). I checked C7B and C7D @ 14 seconds and the spreads I'm getting are nowhere to be seen.

I know this spread works for me, because I used it to RNG a perfect shiny Terrakion before. I really don't know what am i doing wrong here.
I'm not sure what could cause that. You have the right date too? Perhaps try doing a parameter search with the IVs you get to figure out what you're hitting.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
What is the difference between BW and BW (International) in shiny egg finder?
International means that your breed with foreign Pokémon. Can be done with the same seed, you just have to switch that mode.

Foreign Pokémon means if you breed an English Ditto with a Japanese Horsea.

No. Just wait until the gamefreak logo comes on then you can press buttons.
Ok, thanks. I'm still having no luck finding my parameters, how much should I widen my searches by? For the record, this is what I'm doing:

Seconds: 40 (Load the game prior to this and soft-reset when 40 comes round)
I set min to 30, max to 50
VCount: Min 10, Max 80
Timer0: Left it alone
GxStat: 5 - 7 when soft reset not ticked, 85 - 87 when ticked
VFrame: 0 -10
Held Buttons: None

Is there anything I am doing wrong?

Ok, thanks. I'm still having no luck finding my parameters, how much should I widen my searches by? For the record, this is what I'm doing:

Seconds: 40 (Load the game prior to this and soft-reset when 40 comes round)
I set min to 30, max to 50
VCount: Min 10, Max 80
Timer0: Left it alone
GxStat: 5 - 7 when soft reset not ticked, 85 - 87 when ticked
VFrame: 0 -10
Held Buttons: None

Is there anything I am doing wrong?
You don't soft reset for standard (non c-gear) RNGing. On a retail cart that 40 seconds would be when you press A to start up the game from the clock screen. On a flashcard it would be when you press A to load the game from the flashcard menu. If your flashcard has an option to autoload the game it would make things easier.
Also timer0 is definitely the one that needs to be very wide.
B00-DFF is a good starting point for timer0.
Also VFrame 1F might be better than 10.

You don't soft reset for standard (non c-gear) RNGing. On a retail cart that 40 seconds would be when you press A to start up the game from the clock screen. On a flashcard it would be when you press A to load the game from the flashcard menu. If your flashcard has an option to autoload the game it would make things easier.
Also timer0 is definitely the one that needs to be very wide.
B00-DFF is a good starting point for timer0.
Also VFrame 1F might be better than 10.
Alright thanks, I'll try it again with your suggestions.

So I have a shiny spread im trying to use for fishing. I've used it once on Route 17 with the results that I wanted, however when I attempt to use it other places I end up with, not even a nibble. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? Also, I am able to get the same starting frame with the correct IVs, but the shiny frame doesn't work anymore.

My PC reset last night and RNG Reporter did with it, so I reopened it to Time Finder's shiny egg finder and put everything in as it was before, to look for an identical spread. However, today I can find *nothing.* I've tried loose, unspecific parameters for it but still nothing comes up. Is there something that happens when it resets? I had to put in the ID/SID again, but I put it in correctly, and the DS Parameters are all correct. Is there something in another tab that's affecting this outcome? I really can't find anything within Shiny Egg Finder.

EDIT: If that isn't enough to figure out the problem, could some kind person use my info to make sure I'm doing everything right, and that everything's at least correct on these parts? My info is:

DS Parameters:

-MAC Address: 002331B18F31
-White Version (English)
-DS Original/Lite
-(No Keypresses)
-Vcount: 60
-Vframe: 6
-GxStat: 6
-Timer0 Min/Max: C85/C86 (My game seems to hit both equally)

In Shiny Egg Finder:

-Year: 2011
-Month: 7
-Min/Max Frame: 60/200
-Breeding: BW (International)
-DW Ability: Unchecked
-Ditto parent: Checked
-Show Inheritance: Unchecked
-Nature/Ability/Gender: ANY
-Gender Ratio: 50/50
-Mother/Father IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
-Target IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

That's all for those two tabs, and as far as I know all that's necessary. Is there anything y'all can see that's blatantly obviously messed up? Thanks in advance for putting it in.

EDIT2: Okay, it started working, but I have no idea why. The only thing I did was change the month from "7" to "07", which reverted immediately to "7" but yielded results as though something had actually happened.

Thanks everyone who posted here and contributed. Because of this guide I just got my first perfect stationary Pokemon:

Victini - Timid
31/30/31/31/31/31
HP Dragon - 70

Thank you!

I got a DW Ability Eevee from someone, but I'm not sure if it's international. It's shiny and was apparently bred from another one, but is there any way to tell if that bred Eevee is international?

Still hoping for some help with this.

Coming back to my Tornadus issue (again...). (Using 9.81 Beta)

I just need to make sure I'm counting these frames right. I have no issue with them with stationaries. But because this is a roamer and it's a pain to beat the E4 and Champion again, I'm being more cautious. (Although timer0 will probably be an enormous pain to deal with...)

I'm using seed 05C4BCD4859C0FCA, where my TID/SID combo has a shiny PID frame on frame 51. The reporter says it's starting frame is 42. Starting at 42 + 6 from the Champion = 48. Do I need to be on frame 50 or 51 to generate the shiny Tornadus? I'm not sure if generating Tornadus advances the PID frame by anything. So, basically what I'm asking is, do I save twice or thrice before fighting the Champion?

Also, about adjacent seeds... I don't have any trouble getting them for stationary and roaming pokemon (+ or - 1 timer0 value and +/- 1 second), but I'm having trouble generating them for Wild Pokemon. Is this supposed to happen? Because I'm trying to RNG some random wild pokemon in Victory Road with no NPCs in the area, but none of the pokemon I get fit the 1 single adjacent seed I'm given. :/
Third time's the charm? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)