5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Quick question, would Relic castle be considered a cave? And is there any NPC's on the first floor?
Yes and here's a list of NPC free rooms.

Wellspring Cave (1F-B1F)
Rumination Field (For the sake of being thorough)
Relic Castle (1F-B6F)
Lostlorn Forest
Chargestone Cave (B1F)
Celestial Tower (3F-5F)
Twist Mountain (Cave with Exit to Icirrus City)
Route 17*
P2 Laboratory*
Mistralton Cave (2F-Guidance Chamber)
Dragonspiral Tower Entrance (North of Icirrus City, not the area with the bridge)
Dragonspiral Tower Interior (1F-2F)
Route 9
Route 10 (South of Victory Road; the third area of the Badge Check Gates)
Victory Road (1F1, 1F2, 1F3, 2F2, 5F, 7F)
Victory Road (Exterior)
Trial Chamber
Marvelous Bridge
Giant Chasm (Outside)
Giant Chasm (Outer Cave)
Giant Chasm (Inner Cave; including Kyurem’s Cave)
Challenger’s Cave (1F)

Relic Castle is on there.

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
For those of you who want to entralink abuse (and don't already know how), I'm almost done with my guide for it. Give me about 1-3 days to complete it, and I'll post it in this thread. As a side note, the incomplete version can be found here. I'd appreciate it if anyone who has the time can give me feedback by posting in that discussion (the guide will only take up the first post, so yeah feel free to post away with comments/things I should include, etc.), even if it's just a "I can't wait for you to complete this!" or something along those lines.

Here's to easier entralink aboos,

-Zari

Yes and here's a list of NPC free rooms.

Wellspring Cave (1F-B1F)
Rumination Field (For the sake of being thorough)
Relic Castle (1F-B6F)
Lostlorn Forest
Chargestone Cave (B1F)
Celestial Tower (3F-5F)
Twist Mountain (Cave with Exit to Icirrus City)
Route 17*
P2 Laboratory*
Mistralton Cave (2F-Guidance Chamber)
Dragonspiral Tower Entrance (North of Icirrus City, not the area with the bridge)
Dragonspiral Tower Interior (1F-2F)
Route 9
Route 10 (South of Victory Road; the third area of the Badge Check Gates)
Victory Road (1F1, 1F2, 1F3, 2F2, 5F, 7F)
Victory Road (Exterior)
Trial Chamber
Marvelous Bridge
Giant Chasm (Outside)
Giant Chasm (Outer Cave)
Giant Chasm (Inner Cave; including Kyurem’s Cave)
Challenger’s Cave (1F)
I noticed you had Dragonspiral tower 1F and 2F on this list, but are the floors above/next to them NPC free? I mean I don't see any (I'm at the end of my game no Plasmas or anything) but I wanted to make sure. There are no wild encounters in these areas so maybe that's why they aren't on your list?

I've been trying to RNG this Golett still and I've been hitting the IV Seed.. but the PID frame seems to always be way off no matter what I do. I'm not sure what could be causing this.. I'm doing all my IV Frame advancement on the room without wild encounters right before 2F which is where I need to run into my Golett (so I hit the right encounter slot). Does anyone know what could be making my PID frame advance so strangely?

Take the same pattern of steps each time.
You are a life saver. Thank you, that was the problem. I guess the starting frame must have been off or something, although it's probably not usually off by 21 so I wonder what advanced the frame so much? I mean obviously its something to do with how you walk but I guess it's just random?

Oh well I got my Shiny Golett with perfect IVs, nature and all! Thank you Exploits and others who have helped me. <3<3

Hello everybody.

I would like first to say thank you for this amazing software.

I don't know if it is because i make a mistake or if it is a bug, but i was looking for a seed to catch kyurem.

The seed I found is 4BD26FC315FF62B2

I next generated the PID frames that i could get from this seed and I was looking for a sync shiny frame. (id=35430 and sid=49293) I found that the closest one was the number 230. The starting frame for this seed is 52.

So with the chatter technique, I advance the frame 230-52=178 times.

But i figure out that I was hitting the frame 232.

It was for kyurem in a cave, so without NPC to advance the frame.
So did i something wrong? Or it is a bug???

Thanks!

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hello everybody.

I would like first to say thank you for this amazing software.

I don't know if it is because i make a mistake or if it is a bug, but i was looking for a seed to catch kyurem.

The seed I found is 4BD26FC315FF62B2

I next generated the PID frames that i could get from this seed and I was looking for a sync shiny frame. (id=35430 and sid=49293) I found that the closest one was the number 230. The starting frame for this seed is 52.

So with the chatter technique, I advance the frame 230-52=178 times.

But i figure out that I was hitting the frame 232.

It was for kyurem in a cave, so without NPC to advance the frame.
So did i something wrong? Or it is a bug???

Thanks!

Was your encounter type set to "stationary pokemon"? Because if not, that would explain why you were overshooting. Stationary pokemon are always 2 PIDRNG frames above wild pokemon PID-wise, so that might explain it :)

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yes it was ^^ I will try to see if i get the same result by selecting wild pokemon.
Hmm, in that case try doing 2 less chatters and see what comes up. As of RNG reporter 9.94 and later the chatot pitches are listed, so you can use those to verify your frame as you go.

It's also possible that you goofed in counting, as 178 is a lot to go through.

Also, if your PIDRNG frame is 230, you want to stop on frame 229, so that your kyurem can actually have the correct PID, and not have it be used up in a chatter call. That may have something to do with it too :)

Hmm, in that case try doing 2 less chatters and see what comes up. As of RNG reporter 9.94 and later the chatot pitches are listed, so you can use those to verify your frame as you go.

It's also possible that you goofed in counting, as 178 is a lot to go through.

Also, if your PIDRNG frame is 230, you want to stop on frame 229, so that your kyurem can actually have the correct PID, and not have it be used up in a chatter call. That may have something to do with it too :)
I already got my shiny kyurem with the good IV ^^ I just advance the frame to 228, and not to 230. I don't think i made a mistake by counting, with 230 i was every time falling on the same frame (i know it because i was falling on a non sync frame). I tried with 228 and it worked immediatly.

So it seems that for kyurem at least, we should use wild pokemeon reserach and not stationary.???

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
I already got my shiny kyurem with the good IV ^^ I just advance the frame to 228, and not to 230. I don't think i made a mistake by counting, with 230 i was every time falling on the same frame (i know it because i was falling on a non sync frame). I tried with 228 and it worked immediatly.

So it seems that for kyurem at least, we should use wild pokemeon reserach and not stationary.???
Not necessarily; it may just be that for your game Kyurem had a monster frame of 2 (or, if your roamer is released, that might explain it, I dunno). But regardless, congratulations on capturing a shiny kyurem with good IVs (and welcome to smogon!)!

Thank you ^^

It is extremely good IV (full 31 except 0 for the attack) and shiny.

But i would like to understand what is going bad. My roamer is released yes, i have a french version of the game. I will check with the others legendaries if i have the same issue. I think these information could be useful to improve the tool.

Thank you ^^

It is extremely good IV (full 31 except 0 for the attack) and shiny.

But i would like to understand what is going bad. My roamer is released yes, i have a french version of the game. I will check with the others legendaries if i have the same issue. I think these information could be useful to improve the tool.
yes if your roamer is release it does affter the starting frame.if your roamer is not rnged kill it(cuz no other way to iv rng it again if released already) and rng it at the elite 4 for nature ,shiny (unfortunately no IVs if it wasnt rnged at the route 7 house)

yes if your roamer is release it does affter the starting frame.if your roamer is not rnged kill it(cuz no other way to iv rng it again if released already) and rng it at the elite 4 for nature ,shiny (unfortunately no IVs if it wasnt rnged at the route 7 house)
Arf even if i didn't meet him during a fight???

(Thanks)

Arf even if i didn't meet him during a fight???

(Thanks)
yup.if its roaming yes.see for your self by entering a seed to the main window and the method pid rng and clculate the initial rng frame.then tick roamer released and click claculate the initial rng frame.youll get different value for your starting frame.and since you released it already there is no way to IV rng him again.but as i said you can pid rng him at the elite 4 after killing him.so i suggest to kill him or catch it

Ok, i would like toPIDRNG it, but i'm not sure when to do it, just after fight the elite 4? where do i met him? I will be a roamer again after have killed him rigth? it is difficult to get the information about that...

Ok, i would like toPIDRNG it, but i'm not sure when to do it, just after fight the elite 4? where do i met him? I will be a roamer again after have killed him rigth? it is difficult to get the information about that...
you have to save 1 step before alder battle at elite 4 .then rng it.pick a higher frame like 80-90 so that its easy to verify.roamer's pid frame will shift by 6 frames when you battle alder.so do 6 less chatots than your target frame .do all the advancements for pid via chatots(while confirming you hit your seed via chatot pitches).then battle alder.while this battle your IV frame automatically advance.so there is no way to control that.then after the battle the game auto saves.start the game and find the roamer in the wild ,catch it with a master ball.and confirm what frame you hit.if you did it right youll have your nature/shiny.then softreset and catch the roamer with a suitable pokeball you like. if you didnt got your frame then adjust the chatot advancements accordingly. softreset the game and kill it.then repeat the above at elite 4.

I've wanted to do this for a while, so I set my self the challenge. I think I've got a seed/Id set that will work, but could anyone confirm that I'm think this through correctly, please? (Gen 5)
The IVs of a starter are determined on the Gift encounter type (seems to be the same as wild pokemon), as start on frame 1. So, with no advances, will get frame 1.
For the PIDRNG, I use the encounter type Gift Pokemon, so the starter will have the nature etc and shininess from the results shown there.
So, if this is correct, I can abuse for IDs, save in front of the starters, reset and hit my seed and advance my PIDRNG frame (by saving) and get a shiny, flawless starter?

I've wanted to do this for a while, so I set my self the challenge. I think I've got a seed/Id set that will work, but could anyone confirm that I'm think this through correctly, please? (Gen 5)
The IVs of a starter are determined on the Gift encounter type (seems to be the same as wild pokemon), as start on frame 1. So, with no advances, will get frame 1.
For the PIDRNG, I use the encounter type Gift Pokemon, so the starter will have the nature etc and shininess from the results shown there.
So, if this is correct, I can abuse for IDs, save in front of the starters, reset and hit my seed and advance my PIDRNG frame (by saving) and get a shiny, flawless starter?
That's all correct :)

I'm trying to do Entralink RNG for a flawless Hydration Smoochum on my White retail cart (nature irrelevant). DS MAC address is 001AE90FD793 and I used RNG Reporter 9.94. The target seed is AD1AF01C, the target frame is 25, and the delay is 6269. I verified my seed by using Eontimer to get closer to the delay. On my first try I did a soft reset, put in the value that I hit, and when I updated the timer, the first timer was given a value of 14ish seconds. With so little time to reset after setting my DS's synch time, I had no choice but to switch to hard resets. After 2 hard resets, I searched the IVs of my pokemon and found that I hit the delay of 6268! This value won't update the timer, so I'm sure that means I'm close enough.
I've used the timer values that got me to 6268, and advanced the frame, but got random IVs instead of 31/31/30/31/31/30. I hit it again and advanced the frame; better results (20-21/20-21/22/20-21/14-15/14-15 iirc), but not the target. I think one of three things is wrong:

1. Hard resets making the delay slightly erratic. I can't help it, though, since my first timer value is so low. If I keep going, will I eventually get it?

2. The starting frame could be 8 instead of 21, but I have no idea how to figure that out.

3. Going slightly over 128 steps (like 10 or less). I wouldn't know if that would make a difference, because when I do standard seed RNG, I never bothered to go one step over 128 when advancing the IV frame. If this matters, that sucks, because the pokemon moves inside the forest.

So what's wrong and what do I have to do? Thanks in advance.

So I've moved on to breeding today and I'm going for a shiny Golett (I know, using the one I just RNG'd giggle) but when I put the seed in to give me the list of frames it shows the frame I want is on 86, but the original frame on the Egg tab on Time Finder is 85. What does this mean? Dx Everything else is correct, it's just the frame is one higher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)