1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. PoJ

PoJ

It's saying to hit your seed and do 0 advancements to see what frame you hit, so you can find out your starting frame and advance your frame accordingly. But that's completely unnecessary since RNG Reporter calculates your starting frame for you.

In short, the process you described is correct!
  2. Phallylapper

Phallylapper

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

So what am I doing wrong?
  3. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Well, the problem seems to be that you can't upload images directly from your computer :P
    Try uploading it to an image hosting site like tinypic or imgur, then use that link instead.
  4. Phallylapper

Phallylapper

Lol I fixed that, my fault. I copied the wrong link first time.
  5. PoJ

PoJ

Hmm, it is strange that RNG Reporter's main window lists a slot different than time finder, so I'm not sure what the problem is there. However, I just want to let you know that your shiny frame is much too low if you're aiming for a cave spot Pokemon, since you need to walk around in the cave to generate a cave spot and a cave has wild Pokemon, so the PID frame will advance by 1 or 2 every step. Meaning, you'll probably pass up frame 97 by the time you generate a cave spot :(
  6. Zorrioh

Zorrioh

Sexy, thanks. It should be worded like that for less confusion somewhere IMO. XD
  7. Phallylapper

Phallylapper

I figured out what I was doing wrong, and of course it was obvious. I had cave spot selected... when it wasn't for a cave spot. Sorry for wasting your guys's time :/
  8. emboars

emboars

though its strange to get 2 values for the main window and time finder
  9. C4RN4GE

C4RN4GE

i just got a jap. black cart. i got a timer0 of C79 what should my max be? Or how do i figure that out?
  10. Snapback

Snapback

Your max should be the same. You should try and get your parameters a couple of times so you know that's your most common timer0.
  11. voodoo pimp

It'll be either one more or one less. Calibrate another couple times to make sure you get that consistently, and if it stays the same just go with it unless you start missing your seed a lot.
  12. Razur

Razur

So I recently updated my RNG reporter and I've noticed that I can't hit my seeds. I've done standard RNG Breeding before and it's worked.

I would imagine I'm hitting the seed correctly, but when I pick up a Pokemon in the daycare it doesn't show up AT ALL in the list for that seed. They'll have slight variations in their IVs in comparison to the list.
    I've been trying for two days now, trying many different seeds.
    Anyone having similar issues?

EDIT:
    Also when I go to input my MIN/MAX Advances in the Time Finder, it will give me 30-60 about what I asked for.
    For example if I input 40 to 100, it will give me 80 to 150. If I put in 10 to 70, it gives me 50 to 110.
  13. emboars

emboars

are you sure you are hitting the seed by verifying it by catching a high level pokemon after getting the egg before hatching?

EDIT: yeah the min max one is changed from the previous version now it asks for number of advancements not the frame itself (so if you set it 0 and 0 then it will be your initial frame like 50 or shomething)
  14. voodoo pimp

No idea what might be causing the first problem, aside from massive Timer0 trolling. As for the second, that's to be expected, since the PIDRNG starts on frame 40-55.
  15. Razur

Razur

Right. The Starting frame is 41, and the target is 52. :B

No. I've been accepting the egg as soon as I load in. If I hit my seed it should be match to be frame 41, or if I didn't hit the button fast enough, somewhere short past 41, which I haven't been getting.

My most recent Sigilyph is Male Naive w/ (0) ability. It's IVs are ?/?/?/31/31/?. I accepted the egg as soon as the game loaded. The only Frame on the list it could be related to is 43, but then it's IVs would be ?/?/?/?/31/31.

I've checked if....

Didn't select Ditto as a parent. Psyduck....
    Give me a sec, it might work now. :B

EDIT:
    Yup, worked like a charm. Thank you for your time. Sorry it was something silly. d:
  16. Jitsumi

Jitsumi

17. emboars

emboars

you should check your seed after getting the egg,go to the victory road and sweet scent a pokemon and catch it.then match its ivs to your seed's wild pokemon iv frames between frame 14-20.if matched,you hit your seed.then hatch your egg and see which pid frame your egg was.(and dont mash A to force avoid season screen .instead mash x at season screen to go to the menu as sooon as possible then do the advancements and take the egg)
  18. Muk

Muk
    is a Pre-Contributor

Is there a list of which abilities are 0 and 1 for 5th gen Pokemon? This only goes up to 4th gen.
  19. Kiebin

Kiebin

Pokédex checker in RNG reporter :D
  20. Muk

Muk
    is a Pre-Contributor

21. Haku16

Haku16

lets say i get 3 different seeds with hidden power Dark, how can i get Ice?
  22. Snapback

Snapback

IVs dictate Hidden Power. Use this calculator to see all the possible IVs for HP Ice.
  23. Exploits

Exploits

31/E/30/31/31/31

E meaning even. That will give you Ice.
  24. ArmandCorp

ArmandCorp

Hello everyone, recently I decided to try and RNG abuse. But the problem is i have a 3ds and I cant seem to figure out how to do standard seeds. And c-gear seeds are to confusing for. so i guess what im asking is what is the difference between 3ds standard and ds/dsi standard seeds.

when im in the ds parameter finder and i entered all my stuff i get nothing.
    i caught a level 3 patrat and i used the battle subway to check its iv's and i did not press any buttons when the game was loading.

here is the screen shot.

[​IMG]
  25. emboars

emboars

did you put the time correctly?the exact second you launched the game from the main menu?,also try lowering the min second by 9 or so.and try again like at 20th second or so.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)