1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Uiru

Uiru

Has anyone ever figured out what makes the Entralink starting frame shift from 21 to 8? I've got a decent seed saved (frame 45, 4192 delay) but running around for three max repels every time is annoying.
    ~Uiru
  2. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

1. use pokecheck.org to check ivs
    2. make sure your c-gear is not turned on when you enter the game
    3. expand the seconds a little more (max++)
  3. ArmandCorp

ArmandCorp

THANKS!!!! After using pokecheck it showed my patrat having 4 ivs in speed when serebii told me it had 0 to 1.

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. :toast:
  4. Wata123

Wata123

Alright, so I've mastered iv abusing. Good for me. Now I need to figure out how to shiny abuse. I don't have my SID, but going by Smogon's guide, I'm trying the cumbersome Chatot/Saving method. The Smogon guide isn't really clear with some of the steps.

So here's a screen of RNG Reporter:

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

According to the Pokémon White encounter slot, on Route 5 I should see a shiny solosis on the 46th frame. The next step is:

Seems pretty simple, except I can't find the 'Calculate Initial PIDRING' button. I was searching for help on Google, and I stumbled upon this picture, uploaded by earlier in this very same thread:

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

The button is there right underneath the gender slot. So what exactly is the difference between the main RNG Reporter window and the Time Finder window? Both seem to have the same function (generate hits), so why aren't Time Finder's functions integrated into the main window?

Anyway, the button is not appearing on my RNG Reporter. Is it a version difference?

After that step is finished, the guide says the following:

The first time I hit my seed, that means I've seen the shiny, right? So why do I need to go back to RNG Reporter and look for its nature?

What's the SSF? In the screenshot I linked, it says the shiny will be on the 46th frame. Since you start the game on the first frame, can't I just save/listen to Chatter 45 times, putting me on the 46th frame, and use sweet scent?

And earlier in the guide, in the iv abuse section, it said that if your seed is on more than one frame, you have to carry a specific number of pokemon. Since this one is on the 46th frame, how many do party member should I have?
  5. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

You cannot RNG shinies without knowing your SID. What you did will give you results for a ID/SID of 0/0, which is completely useless to you. If you don't have an AR to check it, either trade with someone who does or upload one of your Pokémon to Pokécheck.
  6. Marshmellow92

Marshmellow92

hey i have a problem when trying to put in the ds perimeter. when i hit search nothing shows up. (by the way im using a dsi and an Acekard with pokemon black in it)

is there anything specific i need to do or if i cant use an acekard or anything that will not work?
  7. masterbreeder

masterbreeder

Pandora's Box

Could someone help me figure out how to use Pandora's Box in Gen V to get Perfect Shiny Gift Pokemon, like Archen? I just can't figure it out!
  8. PoJ

PoJ

Actually, you don't need to abuse your ID/SID to get shiny Pokemon. You just need your SID and the patience to search for a seed with a shiny PID.

But, if you want to try it, I have a guide in my sig. that might help. :3
  9. voodoo pimp

Not all flashcarts work, and the ones that do have really weird parameters, so try making the search range a lot wider.
  10. Dietcoke101

Dietcoke101

11. voodoo pimp

Make sure the IVs are correct (if possible, upload it to Pokécheck to be certain), double-check the date, time, MAC address, DS type, etc. If you can't find anything wrong with any of that, try it at a different time and see if you get results with that.
  12. twindelphine

twindelphine

Hey, I'm posting here to get a reply on catching wild Pokemon with RNG. I have been trying to get a Seel in Giant Chasm, where it has 30% encounter rate compared to Basculins. Do I have to try my luck with standard seed or is there a better way to go around this uncommon encounter rate?
  13. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

Check seel's encounter slot using the table found in RNG reporter. Advance PIDING to a frame that has Seel+ everything else you want on it{Nature, Gender, etc..}
  14. Gonzo

Gonzo

is it possible to RNG Abuse on a flashcart? If yes, what are standard values for DS Lite/Classic?

using acekard 2i
  15. Nintendan

Nintendan

Hey. Newb here needing some help.
    So I'm trying to get a good Mewtwo (event Wondercard) and I'm sure I'm hitting my seed but it just won't give me my IVs and nature I'm after.
    I've correctly set up my parameters because I RNG'd something not long ago with the IVs I specified.
    I've tried 3 times now and I'm not getting what I should be. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
    Also, I am NOT using GLAN Wondering. I'm using the regular Wondercard for this.
    AM I supposed to advance my frame with the 128 steps or Chatot thing? Because I've tried the Chatot recorded/custom Chatter in all those 3 tries and no luck. Any idea what might be happening?
    Thanks

Edit: Also, I'm saved right in front of the Delivery Man (facing him) and I'm using the Pokémon League Pokémon Center.
  16. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

If you are not getting the IVs you're most likely not hitting your seed. It could be just your Timer0 so I recommend just to keep trying. When doing wondercard abuse you advance the PID frame using chatter.
  17. Nintendan

Nintendan

Thanks. Good to know I'm doing it right.
    And about this Timer0 thing... does it sometimes randomly change when you boot the game or something?
    Thanks again for the help :)
  18. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

That's what I've been told.
  19. emboars

emboars

well do you know that thewonder card rng is different than normal wild pokes etc.that is the nature and the ivs are bound to each other here?.rather than separate like in wild?.you need to advance to the right frame using only ,
    1.chatots
    2.saving
    but walking 128 wont help here.
    i think you are hitting seed but you cannot confirm it because you think that the ivs are on frame 1 and the pid on another.is this right? if not you are just missing the timer0.also do it in the elite 4 pokemon center where no WNPC are
  20. Revengeance

Revengeance

Was wondering I have a dsi and was trying to rng c-gear the mystery gift zekrom does the amount of people in the pokemon center change the frames or does talking to the mystery gift delivery man to recieve a pokemon change the frames at all?
  21. Nintendan

Nintendan

I found out what I was doing wrong! :D
    I was using the tutorial found here: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part6
    In that version of RNGReporter, Wondercard seeds could be found in between two ranges (in that example 55-60).
    I was using a later version where you specify how many Advancements you have to make.
    I also didn't know about the PID Initial Seed. I thought I started at 1 and advanced up to the frame found on my search (which was like 102!).
    I got my Timid near flawless Mewtwo now :D Greenalink's video helped me a lot in terms of understanding what I was supposed to do :D

Edit: 3 minutes later got my Adamant near flawless Zekrom :D
  22. voodoo pimp

If you are in the Pokémon League center, there are no moving NPCs, so your initial frame will always be what RNG Reporter says. In other centers, though, the NPCs do affect it.

Talking to the man doesn't advance anything.
  23. Revengeance

Revengeance

24. Dietcoke101

Dietcoke101

Hey I'm just wondering if someone could answer my simple question!
    So my frame number I have to get is 3 but I have 5 pokemon in my pack, so can I leave the place I sweet scented in, in order to get three Pokemon in my pack then come back and save, then hit my RNG time for my seed?
    Also in a cave there are water drops that come down from the ceiling, would they affect my frame number in any way?
  25. voodoo pimp

In order to hit frame 3, you would have to have 2 Pokémon (you start on frame 1, which means you need to advance by 2). Otherwise yes, that would work. But I'd recommend using frame 1 when possible, just because it's a lot easier.

The water drops follow a specific pattern, so they don't affect the frame at all.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)