5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Gonna really challenge myself and go for a shiny Thundurus. First time going for a roamer in BW, so I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips, like around what PID frame I should aim for and whatnot. I'll be doing it on a flashcart with save states, so that should help out some.

Edit: Is it even possible not using an Emulator?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think a bigger concern he should have is the seed he chose. I don't think he'd be able to hit any of those shiny frames if he's going for a shiny egg.

Edit: wait wait...are those Timer0, Vcount, and Vframe values possible?

Ok, so I'm trying to get a flawless Mewtwo.
This is what I think I'm supposed to do please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm supposed to set the date to 1/14/2012. Then set the time to 22:32. Wait exactly 34 seconds, then click On the Pokémon White icon. Then I press and hold the L button while it's loading then I click continue, and from what I gathered I'll asume that frame 55 is equivalent to frame 0 with wondercard Pokémon. So I'll take 128 steps with one Pokémon in my party, then I talk to the delivery man and check the Ivs. Is this all correct? I'm using a Ds lite with an english copy of Pokémon White and a Mac address of 00-1B-EA-89-65-D0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok, so I'm trying to get a flawless Mewtwo.
This is what I think I'm supposed to do please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm supposed to set the date to 1/14/2012. Then set the time to 22:32. Wait exactly 34 seconds, then click On the Pokémon White icon.
No, you will have to do that one second sooner (since you say below you're using a DS Lite).
Then I press and hold the L button while it's loading then I click continue, and from what I gathered I'll asume that frame 55 is equivalent to frame 0 with wondercard Pokémon.
The starting frame depends on the seed. To find it, you have to paste the seed into the main window (make sure to select the correct method first), and then click Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame.
So I'll take 128 steps with one Pokémon in my party
No. Wonder Cards only use the PIDRNG, which is advanced by either saving or viewing Chatot's summary with a custom Chatter. Find your starting frame as I mentioned above, subtract it from your target of 56, and then save or Chatot that many times.

No, you will have to do that one second sooner (since you say below you're using a DS Lite).
The starting frame depends on the seed. To find it, you have to paste the seed into the main window (make sure to select the correct method first), and then click Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame.

No. Wonder Cards only use the PIDRNG, which is advanced by either saving or viewing Chatot's summary with a custom Chatter. Find your starting frame as I mentioned above, subtract it from your target of 56, and then save or Chatot that many times.
The starting frame is 47. So I'll set it to 1/14/12 22:32 wait 33 seconds then start the game hold L. Enter the game world save 9 times and then receive Mewtwo?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The starting frame is 47. So I'll set it to 1/14/12 22:32 wait 33 seconds then start the game hold L. Enter the game world save 9 times and then receive Mewtwo?
Sounds right. If you don't get the right IVs, check the nearby frames in the main window. If you can't find it within a few frames of your target, you probably hit the wrong Timer0, so just try again.

Oh, and make sure you're doing it at the Pokémon League, because other centers have moving NPCs that can throw off your frame.

What exactly does it mean when you're searching for a standard seed and then you get one that says "none" under required lead, and then under nature it says "adamant" and that word is bold. Does that mean I need a synchronizer, or no? Because when you need a synchronizer it usually just says "synch" in bold and tells you that you need a synchronizer under required lead.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What exactly does it mean when you're searching for a standard seed and then you get one that says "none" under required lead, and then under nature it says "adamant" and that word is bold. Does that mean I need a synchronizer, or no? Because when you need a synchronizer it usually just says "synch" in bold and tells you that you need a synchronizer under required lead.
It means that if you want Adamant, you can get it without a syncher. It also means that if you want any other nature on that frame, you can bring the corresponding syncher to change the nature.

I'm trying to get a adamant Axew with moldbreaker.
I'm using a adamant synchronizer. Once I hit an adamant Axew it is always (different seeds) lvl 31 female with rivalry.
Is there an easy method with which I can change the ability in standard rng abuse? (stupid boldore's)

Cassie

giant claw
Have you done your parameters search etc in order to be able to do standard abuse? If you want help we'll need a lot more details to figure out what's wrong. The only thing I can think with your current information is that you searched for the wrong ability for the seed, hit the wrong PID frame, or hit the wrong seed altogether. Are you getting the right IVs?

Sounds right. If you don't get the right IVs, check the nearby frames in the main window. If you can't find it within a few frames of your target, you probably hit the wrong Timer0, so just try again.

Oh, and make sure you're doing it at the Pokémon League, because other centers have moving NPCs that can throw off your frame.
So I've tried about 8 times now, my results have been completely inconsistent, and it matches nothing on the list of frames.

Hey guys,
just started RNGing in pokemon white, and am able to get my shiny, however the IV's i got where not flawless i got, 31/10/08/31/30/18,.
Just a little help in order to obtain my flawless IV's would be appreciated...

Hey guys,
just started RNGing in pokemon white, and am able to get my shiny, however the IV's i got where not flawless i got, 31/10/08/31/30/18,.
Just a little help in order to obtain my flawless IV's would be appreciated...
I'm sorry, but we need more details if you want us to be able to help you. :3

OmegaDonut said:

Rules:

If you are asking for help, these are questions you need to be answering in your post. Posts asking for help without following these rules will be ignored.
  • Please list which version of RNG Reporter or PPRNG you are using. If you are not using the latest version, don't ask questions until you do.
  • What are you trying to capture\hatch? Please specify whether you are attempting to breed a shiny Pokémon, breed IVs onto a Pokémon, or capture a Pokémon.
  • What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? What is the MAC address of the DS you are using?
  • How did you verify your seed?
  • If you tried and failed, what results did you get? You NEED to know this so you can figure out what went wrong. Results are either the IV\nature of the Pokemon you caught, or an ID\SID if you are attempting ID\SID abuse.
You did read the rules, right? .-.

So I've been trying to catch this shiny boldore in the b1f of chargestone cave. My standard frame is on frame 1 so I don't have to worry about advancing it, and I only have to advance the PIDRNG frame twice. I've literally tried 20 times now and I haven't even ran INTO a damn boldore. What could I be doing wrong? Or is Timer0 just really sticking it in me good?

I guess what I am asking is (if it's even possible) how to check what time I'm hitting by catching the Pokemon that appears?

Oh, plus the time I have to hit is on 30 minutes and 23 seconds and I have a 3DS so I can't make it to the screen in enough time to hit "A" at 15 seconds (3DS=8 second delay), so I have to set my clock to 29 minutes then wait a full minute. That wouldn't throw anything off would it?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Were your results consistent? Like, did you keep getting the same pokemon all the time? If you answered yes then maybe you should do your parameters once again because it seems like you're using your flawed timer0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)