1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. SpeedSuicune

SpeedSuicune

I've hit both my standard seed and C-Gear seed thrice now (at last xD). Does walking advance the PID frame, or is it just time-based?
  2. PoJ

PoJ

Did you get your target? :o Or at least a nature that should be near your target?

Not necessarily, but Iirc every 17-20 steps advances the PID by 1. But it shouldn't really change the results you would get. Or at least for me it didn't.
  3. Snapback

Snapback

Alright, I am still not hitting my standard seed :s. Am I supposed to add 3 seconds to Eontimer or the new seed that I got or what? IDK, I am pretty confused at this point.
  4. PoJ

PoJ

How many seconds were you originally off by and what is your original seed? If you were early 3 seconds, then you would do Y-3. Then run the entralink seed search with the adjusted seed. Pick a seed. Then look at the C-Gear target time. Since you subtracted, you add back 3 seconds to the C-Gear target time. You put this second into Eon Timer. Now the first timer should be one second before your target standard seed time.

For example, my calibration is -80. It makes me early by 1 second for my standard seed. So if my seed was 12345678, then I would change it to 11345678 (If my calibration made me 1 second late, then I would add 1 instead of subtract). Then search using the adjusted seed. Pick a seed. My standard seed time is 00:00:33. My C-Gear seed time is 00:01:52. So, I would add 1 to 32. I would put in 33 as my target second in Eon Timer. Now Eon Timer's first timer should say 32:xx.

I really hope this makes sense :x
  5. Snapback

Snapback

My starting seed is f2af6f31 and then when I do math [according to Zari when he helped me] my new seed is efaf6f31.
    It sort of makes sense. I will try it out. Sorry I am being so difficult :(.

EDIT: Alright so I do have some good news. I hit my standard seed and I hit pretty close to my delay as well. Well within like 30 on my first trial run. But I didn't hit the right seconds. I hit 50 when I want to hit 48. Should I just adjust the EL Calibration to fix that?
  6. PoJ

PoJ

Yes, you change the EL calibration if you hit the wrong seconds for your C-Gear. I believe the formula is [(Second Hit - Second Wanted) * 60] + Whatever is currently in the EL calib. box. c:
  7. Snapback

Snapback

Finally got the hang of it (I think) and right now just trying to hit my delay.
  8. PoJ

PoJ

:D If you're getting the right nature (or a nature nearby) most of the time then you should be good to go. If you occasionally don't that just means you missed your timer0 (unless you're verifying with Chatot, then you should just turn off the DS if you don't get the pitches to match).
  9. Snapback

Snapback

I do have a question though. For some reason I keep missing my delay by at least 50 and then I will update Eontimer and I get the same results. I think I am pretty consistent so I am not sure what is happening.
  10. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

I'm having a hard time setting up my timer for Entralink abuse.
    I'm trying to hit the CGear seed 13CC6A17 at time 9/18/2012 15:55:58 (Delay 18691) and the Standard Seed 14DCD4FCC18F0AA1 (15:50:47). My problem is that I can hit the correct Delay but I'm hitting the time 15:55:59 on my CGear seed.
    My current setup on EonTimer is:
    Calibration: 10
    Target Delay: 18691
    Target Seconds: 58
    EL Calibration: -59

What am I doing wrong/what can I do to fix this?
  11. Im M3

Im M3

You need to change EL Calibration. [(Second Hit - Second Wanted) * 60] + What you have. So in your case [(59 - 58) * 60] + -59 = 1.
  12. Slashmolder

I just tried that and was off on the delay by 59 (which makes sense since I changed the time) but did hit the correct seconds value.

I tried changing the calibration back a slight bit so that calibration is at 0 and EL Calibration was at -49 and I got the same result, Time 15:55:59 and Delay 18691. I think I'll keep trying to do this until I can't move it back any further without hitting the incorrect Standard seed and see if that fixes this.

EDIT: I can't get it below 0 and still hit the correct standard seed. Trying a different standard seed with the same CGear seed results in the same problem.
  13. SpeedSuicune

SpeedSuicune

14. Slashmolder

Ah, so basically it's a bug in RNG reporter that it doesn't offset for calibration and assumes that you are perfectly fast? I modified RNG Reporter's source to allow this input to be given. I can talk to OmegaDonut about this though.
    I'd also think that it would be a good idea to change EonTimer so that it updates differently and only touches the EL Calibration when updating while Entralink is checked and leaves the Calibration at something near 0.
  15. PoJ

PoJ

It's not necessarily a bug, but yes, it assumes that your calibration is 0. Maybe OD can add a feature to the Entralink seed search that lets you enter your Eon Timer calibration and it will search for standard seeds that will work with your offset.
  16. Dietcoke101

Dietcoke101

Ok so I'm new to the whole RNG thing. I just tried out my first RNG breed, and I just wanna make sure im doing everything right. Ok so I set it to Gift Pokemon I think thats what you have to do for an egg. And I set the min and max frames to 8, I read somewhere that that's what you have to set it to but correct me if I'm wrong. And here's what I came up with:

Seed Frame HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spe Hidden Power Date\Time Timer0 Keypresses
    95943C17791CB76A 8 31 31 31 31 31 31 Dark 70 05/01/10 19:39:40 C7F None
  17. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Gift Pokémon is not for eggs, it's for Pokémon that are given to you by NPCs like fossils or the Dreamyard monkey.

The most recent few versions of RNG Reporter have a dedicated egg finder tab; you should use that to make life a lot easier. If you do, ignore the frame 8 thing, because it automatically takes care of that for you.
  18. Dietcoke101

Dietcoke101

If I don't download the newest RNG reporter what should I change the Gift Pokemon to?
  19. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

Which version do you have?I'm pretty sure there have always been an egg tab,please correct me if I'm wrong ._.

You should also set the min frame to 5 because wandering will advance some frames and there's nothing you can do about it. The max is whatever you feel comfortable advancing
  20. ANNHILATERfrank

ANNHILATERfrank

So I was EV-training and found a shiny pokemon and caught it of course. I was wondering if someone could educate me on how to calculate the shiny ID? Is it the same as in generation 4 (i know how to do that)?
  21. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It's not possible in Gen 5, because there is no correlation between IVs and PID. If you want to find your SID, you need to use an Action Replay or flashcart, upload something to Pokécheck, or trade one of your Pokémon to somebody who can do one of those things.
  22. ANNHILATERfrank

ANNHILATERfrank

That is probably the most disappointing thing I've read in my life lol, but thanks for helping me before I wasted too much time getting nowhere :)
  23. ANNHILATERfrank

ANNHILATERfrank

Question: So would like to RNG Tornadus. I have already encountered him on Route 7 (or w/e) already. How would I get him perfect?

Would I knock him out, go through the elite-4, and save in front of alder, soft reset to desired time, beat alder? (this is how it was done in gen4)
  24. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

You might be able to get him shiny but forget about its IVs. If you want a flawless one you would have to Re start your game. This is because of how frames are advance during a battle.
  25. ANNHILATERfrank

ANNHILATERfrank

I'm not interested in a shiny Tornadus - are you saying that it is impossible to get him perfect without action replay if I've already "encountered" him?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)