1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

That's not really the case if you are RNGing. Magiphart; if you can hop in IRC I could teach you how.
  2. Magiphart

Magiphart

That'd be great.
  3. rubixlx0

rubixlx0

Trying to capture a shiny, i hit my seed, but it doesn't come out shiny. I've checked several times and the SID and ID match up. What can be the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Also, I'm using PPRNG.
  4. religiousjedi

religiousjedi Destiny likes to use #The in everything.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

More details required. Your parameters, seed, date, time, keypresses, what you're trying to catch, etc.
  5. rubixlx0

rubixlx0

Pokemon Black English
    DS Lite
    Parameters
    C7B-C7B
    60-60
    6-6

14B11BA665A7AD3B is the seed
    7/18/2012
    1:50:18
    Left

ID: 28356
    SID: 18375
    MAC Address: 00-21-47-51-E7-41

Trying to catch a Brave Boldore in the top floor of Victory Road.

This is my 1st capture ever and my 1st RNG on black. I know how to breed on White pretty well, so i understand advancement.
  6. PoJ

PoJ

Ok, well what's your target PID frame and target IV frame?
  7. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Also, are the IVs correct? That will tell us whether you're missing the seed or getting the wrong frame.
  8. rubixlx0

rubixlx0

IV frame is 1. Target PID Frame is 208 starting frame is 49. Yeah the IVs are correct. I get the right pokemon with the right IVs, but it isn't shiny. Also, for leading ability, it says cute charm.
  9. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

does your lead pokemon has the cute charm ability? Also, do you move before sweet scenting? Do your chattots have a customized chatter?
  10. Treven

Treven

hi im trying to get my sid, ive tried connecting to pokecheck but the gts accepts the pokemon as deposit,at this point ive assumed my isp is rejecting pokecheck., can anyone help me find my sid
  11. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

This is not really the place to ask as this thread focuses on the actual RNGing process. I would say , however, that you probably are not saving your settings.
  12. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

For Cute Charm, PPRNG will show a gender in only one of the gender ratio columns. If the ratio of that column matches the gender ratio of the Pokemon that appears in the given encounter slot for the area you are in, and you have a Pokemon of the opposite gender with the ability Cute Charm in the lead position of your party, then the Pokemon will be shiny. Otherwise, it almost certainly will not be shiny.
  13. rubixlx0

rubixlx0

Found out what the problem was. Didn't get a shiny bc of that problem, and in short I'm very annoyed. Chiizu, when it says other ability for standard seed, what exactly does that mean?
  14. Magiphart

Magiphart

I'm not an expert at this, but I'm guessing it means the lead should have any ability, but Synchronize, and Cute Charm.
  15. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

Essentially correct. Cute Charm will definitely mess up the shininess. Synchronize won't mess with the shininess, but you may not get the nature you want. The other lead abilities are for specific situations (swirling dust, fishing).
  16. Magiphart

Magiphart

Yea, I was right. Do you think you could explain why? As in why/how does Cute Charm affect shininess? How did they figure it out anyway? Who is "they"? Sorry, if I'm asking too many questions.
  17. voodoo pimp

Non-technical version: Gender is determined by PID. Cute Charm alters the way the RNG determines gender. Therefore, Cute Charm alters the PID, and by extension the shininess.

The technical stuff should be buried in here somewhere.
  18. aquasuicune

aquasuicune

Thanks to voodoo pimp for redirecting me to the proper generation:

Question: I'm trying to get into the whole RNG thing, but I can't manage to find my parameters. I've followed the steps in the manipulation guide on the main site, but whenever I search for the parameters, nothing turns up. I've checked to make sure the MAC address is correct, I've tried multiple times to ensure I get the time correct, and given that I'm using their calculator, I don't think I'm messing up on the IV's. Any suggestions? (I'm using RNG Reporter 9.95, an English Black, and a DSLite)
  19. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Just to go down the line, if you're actually pirating it and using a flashcart you're bound to have issues. If that's the case buy the game.
    Your parameters should be somewhere near these:
    VCount: 60
    Timer0: C7B-C7C
    VFrame: 6
    GxStat: 6

The most likely thing here is that you're doing a keypress (maybe massing A) and not telling RNG Reporter that you are doing so. Try not touching the DS between you starting the game and it showing the Nintendo logo.

If that's not the case the next most likely thing (assuming you really are calculating the IVs correctly and are giving RNG Reporter the correct time) is that you are walking after the game starts before you battle a Pokemon. Don't do that, instead save in an area and use sweet scent to start the battle the instant you start your game.

If neither of those work make sure you're doing everything correctly, CGear off, time is the actual time you said so, you're calculating IVs correctly, and that the MAC Address is correct.
  20. voodoo pimp

Another common mistake I just remembered is that if you're using a time after noon, you need to make sure it's in 24-hour time (e.g. 1:20 pm would be 13:20).
  21. rubixlx0

rubixlx0

Can anyone help me out? I just tried to RNG capture a Cobalion an Black. The problem is that I hit the seed, but the Pokemon is not shiny. I have my SID 100% correct, triple checked, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong.
    Here's my info

Pokemon Black English
    DS Lite
    Parameters
    C7B-C7B
    60-60
    6-6

56E14F17C9E3BEB3 is the seed
    8/25/2012
    10:29:02
    X
    Lead Ability synchronize

ID: 28356
    SID: 18375
    MAC Address: 00-21-47-51-E7-41

Starting Frame is 47 Target Frame is 116.
  22. PoJ

PoJ

Is your IV frame 1? And, are you getting the right IVs? Also, are you advancing the PID frame the correct number of times? Make sure your Chatot has a recorded Chatter. When you deposit it into the PC, the chatter goes away.
  23. rubixlx0

rubixlx0

IV frame is 1, the chatot has a chatter, i advance the correct amount of times. I'll try again to make sure I didn't make a mistake, but I don't understand why it wouldn't be shiny.
  24. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

You can check at which frame you are by listening the chatter, even if you are not able to differentiate all of them you will notice the low chatter.
  25. PoJ

PoJ

Did you get the right IVs? If you only tried once then maybe you missed your timer0. I know it's kind of obvious, but I'm running out of ideas here: are you directly in front of Cobalion? If you take a step you'll advance the PID frame since there are wild Pokemon in its chamber.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)