1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. rubixlx0

rubixlx0

Thanks for all the suggestions. I figured out what I did wrong. I did 1 chatter too many, but eventually hit my seed.
  2. AvoKitty

AvoKitty

Hello,i have tried to master RNG a while ago,with c-gear abuse as i have a DSiXL,i don't really get how it works,but i really want to accomplish it.If someone can help me via IRC guiding me every step of c-gear abuse( im really that hopeless C: ) It would be awesome :')
  3. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

Hey dear! Good news, RNG is now possible on all consoles so you can RNG {no C-gear} I would love to help you but I won't be avilable 'till Monday, if you're up to it tough just send me a message
  4. vinny95

vinny95

Good morning to everyone ! I have a problem, can I use standard seed on my flashcards (r4) ?
    Ps. Sorry for my English , but I'm Italian and I don't speak English very well !
  5. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

You can, but the parameters will be really weird so you'll have to make the search range a lot wider when you find them.
  6. vinny95

vinny95

I remember that some moth ago there were right parameters for flashcards.
  7. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Yes there are.
    They're different for most every different flash cart so search for them yourself.
    They're pretty weird so if you can't figure them out your best option is to buy the game.
  8. vinny95

vinny95

I search them on "Google" but I don't find them
  9. aquasuicune

aquasuicune

I have a Wal-mart purchased Black, I used an Amoonguss with sweet scent in that first area of victory road with no moving NPCs, I am now turning the CGear off, I've double checked the time, IVs, and MAC address multiple times.

I still was not entirely successful, as it couldn't find any matches for the time I put, but when I advanced the time one extra minute, it did find a match, though I was then unable receive my target pokemon even when I hit the seeds, so I'm assuming I'll have to try to check the parameters again. Thanks for the help.
  10. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

You turn off the C-gear before entering the game right?
  11. Kiebin

Kiebin

You need to not turn the C-Gear on at all.
  12. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Like Slashmolder said, it's different for every one so you won't find them on Google, you have to figure it out on your own.
  13. Ganjamus

Ganjamus

I need a little bit of help with this Wondercard RNG. For reference:
    Date/Time: 05/14/12 16:41:48
    Target frame: 58
    Starting frame: 42

Okay, so, I'm hitting the A button on the start menu at 16:41:47 and I advance the frames 16 times (512 steps with 4 Pokemon in the party). When I checked Darkrai's stats they were all wrong. I checked its IV's and they weren't anywhere near any of the frames in the main RNG window. I rebooted and advanced the frames 8 times (256 steps with 4 Pokemon) and wound up on frame 57, just one below my target frame. Curious, I rebooted and deposited all but one Pokemon into my box, saved, rebooted and advanced the frames 2 times (256 steps with 1 Pokemon). Oddly enough, I wound up on frame 57 again. I rebooted and advanced the frame once (128 steps) and wound up on frame 49. I did the same thing with 4 Pokemon (128 steps) and again wound up on frame 49. For some reason the number of frames aren't advancing correctly. Can someone please tell me what the hell's going on?
  14. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

You are advancing the IV frame. IIRC, IVs and nature are both connected to PID for Wondercards. You would need to advance the PID frame 16 times with Chatot/saving.
  15. Ganjamus

Ganjamus

Wait, so only Chatots and saving work for Wondercard? Well, that would explain a lot. The first time I did Wondercard I tried walking, but that didn't work. Eventually I got frustrated and just saved 7 times and got it immediately. Guess I'll just have to save 16 times. Thanks a bunch, Stellar.
  16. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

Yeah, IV frames and PID frames are normally separate things. Walking advances the IV frame while saving/viewing Chatot's summary advances the PID frame. No problem.
  17. Ganjamus

Ganjamus

Welp, saved 16 times and got a nature and IV set that isn't within the first 10000 frames (Believe me, I checked).
  18. ZzCuDizZ

ZzCuDizZ

He's right.
  19. Stellar

Stellar
    Orange Islands

Are you saved in a Pokemon Center without moving NPCs? Those affect the PID frame.
  20. Ganjamus

Ganjamus

I saved in the League Pokemon Center to avoid moving NPC's.
  21. PoJ

PoJ

You probably hit an adjacent timer0. Also, why not just pokeshift a chatot? Or get someone to trade you one. Or download one or two from pokecheck. It makes things a lot easier!
  22. Ganjamus

Ganjamus

I would if I had Wi-Fi connection. About the timer0, when I calibrated I got two consistently, C7E and C7F, which works perfectly. On my Time Finder both of the seeds are C7E. Should they be C7F in order to work?

EDIT: I got the Darkrai I wanted. Turns out it was the Timer0 trolling me, so I changed the month and found a C7F one. Saved 31 times after hitting my seed (Honestly never want to save that many times again -_-) and talked to the Delivery Man. Checked its stats with an IV calculator and double checked with the Judge, who said all of its stats were "It can't be better in that regard," except for Attack, which I don't care about. Thanks for the tip, Princess of Johto.
  23. PoJ

PoJ

Do you have a DPPt or HGSS game and two DSs? You can shift a Chatot from there to BW without the need for wifi. But you do need two DSs :/

About timer0, yeah, there should be 2 of them that you can hit. Usually, you'll hit one more often than the other so use that one to search for seeds.
  24. JGTheGamer

JGTheGamer

I was successful in getting all my gift Pokemon with this thread's help (so give yourselves a much deserved pat on the back for all your hard work). Now I come once again in need of assistance.

Trying to obtain Kyurem with a Modest nature and a spread of 31/Meh/31/31/31/31. My Timer0 is C7D though I have hit C7C before and my seconds count was 29 when I did my parameter check. I can get the nature, but not the IVs. Also calibrated the EonTimer to -62 as that's worked for me before. Seemingly not this time though.

I was wondering if I should be using the PIDRNG Method or GenV IVs (Standard Seed).

On a side note, should I always redo my parameters for each time I RNG, or should I be fine with RNG Reporter saving them for me?
  25. PoJ

PoJ

If you aren't getting the IVs then you're missing the Standard seed. This could mean that either you are missing your timer0 (not likely if you've tried quite a few times) or missing your target time, or you're not hitting your IV frame. If your IV frame is 1, then that won't be the problem. I'm guessing you're missing your target time, so I'm going to suggest that you try using the 3rd gen. tab of Eon Timer instead of the 5th gen tab, because the 5th gen tab is meant for hitting C-Gear seeds (with delays). If you go to the 3rd gen. tab, set the "first timer" to your target seconds minus however many seconds you're DS is off by (for example, on a DS lite/phat, you have to start the game one second before your target second). This will give you a whole number instead of xx:yy, so I think it works better. Don't worry about the target frame, just put in 0 for that.

You should be using the PID RNG method in the main window, the Method 5 Standard seed will just show you the IVs for each frame. But, since you're getting your target nature, and you don't need a specific ability / gender / shinyness, then you don't need to worry about that either.

You only need to find your parameters once. But if you feel you messed up the first time, you can always try again.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)