5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, so I'm trying to RNG abuse a perfect Wondercard Victini. I follow all the steps but don't get my desired IVs and nature. So I use the adjacent seed button and find the spread I hit but everything (the timer0, the date, the time) match except for the seed itself. So what do I change in order to get the desired seed?
If you hit the correct Timer0, date, and time, then you should have gotten the same seed. Unless you mean you hit the wrong frame, in which case you need to figure out what frame you hit and do more or fewer Chatters to adjust.

If that's not the case and I'm completely misunderstanding you, please post a screenshot that shows what you're referring to.

The frame was different, but the time, timer0, and date of the seed I hit matched the one I was trying to get. Also, it seems like it starts on some random frame when I turn the game on and don't do any advancements. Is this normal? I'm going to try the whole thing over, again, and see how that works. (I can't give screenshots cause I don't know how and I had already closed the program to go to bed when I posted....)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
The frame was different, but the time, timer0, and date of the seed I hit matched the one I was trying to get. Also, it seems like it starts on some random frame when I turn the game on and don't do any advancements. Is this normal? I'm going to try the whole thing over, again, and see how that works. (I can't give screenshots cause I don't know how and I had already closed the program to go to bed when I posted....)
If you're not doing at the Pokémon League, then there are moving NPCs that can throw off your starting frame. That might be why you can't get it.

So I'm doing my first atempt at PIDRNG and I have a question about eontimer. According
to the written guide, there is no way to verify which seed I'm hitting so I was curious how I am supposed to use the 'seconds hit' feature to recalibrate the timer? How do i find out what second i am hitting? If there is no way to verify seeds then this type of RNG abuse seems imposible to me because when I used RNG abuse in the fourth generation the only way i hit my seed was from recalibrating the timer multiple times.

I ended up writting down the delays I was hitting and after averaging them (like 20 or 30 different delays) I was able to recalibrate eon timer and hit my seed on the first try. So is there a way to do this for PIDRNG?

I'm new to this. I calibrated and can generate now,but how do I interpret the data generated? I've tried reading the guide,but I'm still confused as to what to do with my game to hit the desired results.

Thanks.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
So I'm doing my first atempt at PIDRNG and I have a question about eontimer. According
to the written guide, there is no way to verify which seed I'm hitting so I was curious how I am supposed to use the 'seconds hit' feature to recalibrate the timer? How do i find out what second i am hitting? If there is no way to verify seeds then this type of RNG abuse seems imposible to me because when I used RNG abuse in the fourth generation the only way i hit my seed was from recalibrating the timer multiple times.

I ended up writting down the delays I was hitting and after averaging them (like 20 or 30 different delays) I was able to recalibrate eon timer and hit my seed on the first try. So is there a way to do this for PIDRNG?
You can use the Adjacent Seed Tool to check what seed you're hitting. Also, delays? You don't have to do C-gear abuse anymore as the Standard abuse has been cracked for all consoles.

You can use the Adjacent Seed Tool to check what seed you're hitting. Also, delays? You don't have to do C-gear abuse anymore as the Standard abuse has been cracked for all consoles.
I thought that was for IV RNG abuse, isn't PIDRNG both for IV, nature and ecounter slots? Plus those seeds are ID'd through IV's and I cant use pokecheck because I don't have access to a WEP encrypted network.

I mean I know I can clear my nature and encounter slots to see adjacent frames in RNG Reporter but that doesn't help because the only way to identify those is by chatter pitch and that is such a subjective thing.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I'm new to this. I calibrated and can generate now,but how do I interpret the data generated? I've tried reading the guide,but I'm still confused as to what to do with my game to hit the desired results.

Thanks.
More info would be nice. What type of abuse are you doing?

Basically, you start your game up at the target time (factoring in your DS model's seconds delay), and advance your PIDRNG to your target frame. IV's should always be Frame 1 unless you're doing Shaking Patch/Dust Cloud abuse.

I thought that was for IV RNG abuse, isn't PIDRNG both for IV, nature and ecounter slots? Plus those seeds are ID'd through IV's and I cant use pokecheck because I don't have access to a WEP encrypted network.

I mean I know I can clear my nature and encounter slots to see adjacent frames in RNG Reporter but that doesn't help because the only way to identify those is by chatter pitch and that is such a subjective thing.
PIDRNG doesn't have anything to do with IV's unless you're breeding. In the case of wild abuse, you're basically doing two RNG's at once.

Use rare candies if you have any in the depths of your bag. If not, best bet is using the subway judge.

PIDRNG doesn't have anything to do with IV's unless you're breeding. In the case of wild abuse, you're basically doing two RNG's at once.
Right so I'm trying to catch a Dratini fishing from Dragonspire Tower or whats it called.

I go into time finder and find a seed with my desired spread, copy that back into the main window and use Gen V PIDRNG method to find some second seed with my desired nature and encounter slot(s). So then I have to use the new initial frame and the target frame to see how much I advance the frame. I use the date and time from the initial seed in time finder, hit it and advance x frames, then whip out my fishing pole and catch my dratini.

so far I have followed this and have not been able to get even the desired nature, let alone check the IV's. Is there something wrong in this proccess? How can I correct eon timer if my failure is because of being too high or low a frame.

Also, if my IVRNG has a target frame of say 13, is there a way to advance that without advancing the PIDRNG?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Right so I'm trying to catch a Dratini fishing from Dragonspire Tower or whats it called.
Fishing there is really difficult because of the NPCs, I recommend trying something easier until you understand the process better.
I go into time finder and find a seed with my desired spread, copy that back into the main window and use Gen V PIDRNG method to find some second seed with my desired nature and encounter slot(s). So then I have to use the new initial frame and the target frame to see how much I advance the frame. I use the date and time from the initial seed in time finder, hit it and advance x frames, then whip out my fishing pole and catch my dratini.
You should only be searching for one seed. How you find it depends on whether or not you're going for shiny, so do you want shiny or not?
so far I have followed this and have not been able to get even the desired nature, let alone check the IV's. Is there something wrong in this proccess? How can I correct eon timer if my failure is because of being too high or low a frame.
You don't need EonTimer unless you're doing Entralink. It can be used to make Timer0 a little more consistent, but you shouldn't be worrying about that yet.
Also, if my IVRNG has a target frame of say 13, is there a way to advance that without advancing the PIDRNG?
No. I highly recommend sticking to frame 1 only for everything except Entralink and spot abuse.

So I finally got my dratini, figured out some of the things i was doing wrong, but I need someones opinion on something. I was able to keep hitting my IVRNG perfectly, everytime I got my desired spread but I was unable to get my nature. I kept getting Mild, so I looked at adjacent frames in the reporter and found that there were two frames of mild near me. But even knowing that I was hitting them didn't help because when I factored that in to eontimers calibration it would still be mild, so I ended up just finding a frame further down with my desired nature and encounter slot and had to chatter a few extra times. Does anyone know why my initial frame was continually off?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Nature is not controlled by time, ivs are. You kept getting the same nature because you kept advancing the same amount of frames. Also, I don't know but there might have been NPCs messing with you, randomly advancing some frames.

If you're not doing at the Pokémon League, then there are moving NPCs that can throw off your starting frame. That might be why you can't get it.
No, I was in the Pokemon League. Anyways, I had a derp moment and I mixed up Timid with Jolly so I was shooting for a Timid Victini, which I, thankfully, didn't get. I'm trying again, now, this time for Jolly. If I have the same problem I'll post it here with more information. Now that I think about it, I had did the DS Parameters search in month 7 but the Seed I was shooting for was in month 4. I'm guessing I have a different timer0 or something in that month so maybe that's why. (unless that's not possible.... just spitballing)

Edit: Got it, it was a lot easier this time around.

Nature is not controlled by time, ivs are. You kept getting the same nature because you kept advancing the same amount of frames. Also, I don't know but there might have been NPCs messing with you, randomly advancing some frames.
Yeah I get that, what i am saying is that my initial frame was supposed to be 49 and my target was 53 but what i was hitting was 56 so what caused the reporter to give me the wrong initial frame? Was it something with timer0 , mine was supposedly C7f but if i was hitting a later frame than expected does that mean my timer0 was higher or lower?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Yeah I get that, what i am saying is that my initial frame was supposed to be 49 and my target was 53 but what i was hitting was 56 so what caused the reporter to give me the wrong initial frame? Was it something with timer0 , mine was supposedly C7f but if i was hitting a later frame than expected does that mean my timer0 was higher or lower?
There are NPCs in the area that advance the frame, so you'll have to pick a higher target.

Timer0 affects the seed. Frames are within a seed. If you hit any of the frames in your target seed, you hit the right Timer0.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post, but i recently bred a snorlax with a ditto parent and the rng reporter's main window RngReporter 9.96 Alpha 12 (Breeding BW, with ditto parent checked) gave me a wrong spread. I verified the correct one using RngReporter 9.95 and so did the chatot chatters from there. I don't have a screenshot with me, but can someone also verify this?

iirc, the 9.96 alpha told me to chatter 49 times. but 9.95 said to do 47 times.

3DS RNG Help Please

I need help with RNG on 3DS... When I calibrate, I hit the same Timer0 and perfect seconds, every time, yet when I try to actually catch or hatch pokes, I can't hit my seed at all... SOOO!! I was wondering if anyone had pointers/tips to help me out on 3DS... Like maybe you have to restart system everytime you change time, or anything of value, cause I just cant figure it out. Tried atleast 25 times, not once hit the seed...

So I'm trying to rng a shiny Staryu on Route 13 in Pokemon White.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj281/Frosty_Phoenix/Screenshot2012-07-10at23321AM.png

I tried sweet scenting to get the frame with wandering npcs and consistently get a flawless Calm Staryu with Stardust and Natural Cure, which has to be Frame 62.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj281/Frosty_Phoenix/Screenshot2012-07-10at23349AM.png

However, despite the target frame being 283 (283-62 = 221). I never get my shiny Staryu. I keep getting a flawless timid Staryu with Natural Cure or a flawless Timid Wingull. I have no idea what to do from here as I am definite that the shifted frame is 62, and I've been doing 221 Chatots for hours now.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
Are those particular frames located anywhere near your target frame? Try forgoing your Sync, and see what nature that Staryu/Wingull turns out to be, then adjust accordingly.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
My guess is you're hitting frames 284 and 285, since that's the closest pair of frames with the right encounter slots for Staryu and Wingull. Try doing one or two fewer Chatters. Alternately, do it once without your Sync and you should be able to tell exactly what you're hitting by the nature.

was anybody able to find the parameters for BW 2 on a cyclods evolution (not ievolution)???
I can't find them, and I widened the ranges a lot.
I also tried to port the "Vcount and Timer0 viewer" code made by bond697 to use it on white 2, but it makes the game to crash.
I sent him a PM to ask him for help with the code, but he didn't reply.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
was anybody able to find the parameters for BW 2 on a cyclods evolution (not ievolution)???
I can't find them, and I widened the ranges a lot.
I also tried to port the "Vcount and Timer0 viewer" code made by bond697 to use it on white 2, but it makes the game to crash.
I sent him a PM to ask him for help with the code, but he didn't reply.
Which version of RNG Reporter are you using, and what ranges are you searching?

Which version of RNG Reporter are you using, and what ranges are you searching?
I'm using 9.96 alpha 12. these are the ranges:

seconds: 50 - 10
vcount: 50 - 80
timer0: 800 - 1000
gxstat: 0 - 15
vframe: 0 - 15

since my parameters for white 1 are these:

actual seconds: +2
vcount: 45
timer0: 905
gxstat: 6
vframe: 7

I adjusted the ranges accordingly (vcount and timer0 lower than the default and the others wide enough to be sure I find them), but I also searched higher and lower values.
I'm 100% sure the IVs are correct and I don't press any key when opening the game (is it still like BW 1, in which you can press the buttons after the game freak animation starts?).

thanks for the help.

p.s. what is the "only search min&max gxstat" option for, exactly? is it right to uncheck it in order to find all the parameters?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
You'll probably need to make the Timer0 range wider. I'm not sure what flashcart ranges are like, but my emulator Timer0 for Black 2 is 75F. Also, that seconds range is kind of weird. What second are you using for your parameter search?

And leave that option unchecked, I'm not quite sure what the purpose if it is. Your GxStat should always be 6 unless something weird is going on anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)