5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Only started RNGing today. I have learned how to sucessfully do it via this method; http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part2 However I now would like to Hatch a Perfect IV Pokemon.

Here is my question;

Unlike capturing Pokemon the Frame for Breeding starts on 8 instead of 1 right?

If so if I have a SEED that is Frame 60 do I listen to Chatot's Chatter 52 times and then get the egg of the man?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No, find the initial starting frame for that seed (between 35-60 generally), and then do your chatters. However, there are NPCs that will advance the PIDRNG during the season screen, so you'll have to adjust for that.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
RNG reporter handles the IV frame of 8 automatically. The frame displayed is for the PIDRNG. So you would need to advance to the frame before the spread you want.

However you won't start at the listed initial PIDRNG frame because of the moving NPC.

Hi guys, i have problems with RNGing Hidden Hollow.
I have found this parameter:

http://imgur.com/sqocj

18 Are the open hollows, because i have already done Mincinno, so instead of 19, i put 18. 17 is the Hollow Number, because i want to do the hidden hollow that is in the Route 2, so i don't count Route 5 (Mincinno). I want to do a male Nidoran. The problem is: I enter the Hollow and i find Watchog, i save and hit the seed (E1465A03DDCC9EC7), and i do 256 steps and exit and re-enter the Hidden Hollow. Once i was into the Hollow, i find always Watchog. Can someone explain me? I think that i have to hit the Frame (48) while i enter.

P.S. I'm using Pokemon Black 2 and RNG Reporter 9.96 alpha 15.

No, find the initial starting frame for that seed (between 35-60 generally), and then do your chatters. However, there are NPCs that will advance the PIDRNG during the season screen, so you'll have to adjust for that.
RNG reporter handles the IV frame of 8 automatically. The frame displayed is for the PIDRNG. So you would need to advance to the frame before the spread you want.

However you won't start at the listed initial PIDRNG frame because of the moving NPC.
Do you need your SID to breed for None Shiny IV eggs?

You should copy and paste your seed in the "Seed (hex)" field on the main window, choose Gen 5 PIDRNG Method, and then click "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" button. Your starting frame will appear in "Starting Frame" field on the main window.
How do I adjust for NPC? I have no clue.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
How do I adjust for NPC? I have no clue.
Hit your seed and take the egg. Locate the frame you hit by looking at the pokemon information you got. Let's say the egg you want is on frame 60, your starting frame is 51. You would think you need to advance only 9 frames to get your desired results, but because there are NPCs, this is not true. If you see that without making any advances you hit frame 55, that means NPCs will advance 4 frames for you and that you just need to make 5 advancements to the egg. Because NPCs start at a different position after saving, the amount of frame they advance might change between different RNGs.

Hit your seed and take the egg. Locate the frame you hit by looking at the pokemon information you got. Let's say the egg you want is on frame 60, your starting frame is 51. You would think you need to advance only 9 frames to get your desired results, but because there are NPCs, this is not true. If you see that without making any advances you hit frame 55, that means NPCs will advance 4 frames for you and that you just need to make 5 advancements to the egg. Because NPCs start at a different position after saving, the amount of frame they advance might change between different RNGs.
Suppose the NPCs aren't moving tile-to-tile, but are moving in spot(Like the safari trick, for the lack of a better example.). Would this advance the frame?

Agonist

It advances 2 if you go fast enough but you dont have to be that fast at all.
He advances it by 2 each time he turns, and no, you don't have to be very fast going into your menu, but you have to go fast when you're done doing your Chatters, otherwise he'll advance it again, and cause you to overshoot your desired frame.

What NPC's advance frames outside of the Daycare and how many do they advance.

The only NPC's on screen are the Daycare man and another man. Are the two Pokemon running around in the Daycare Garden NPC's?

Agonist

What NPC's advance frames outside of the Daycare and how many do they advance.

The only NPC's on screen are the Daycare man and another man. Are the two Pokemon running around in the Daycare Garden NPC's?
There is a woman just out of screen who advances it, and there are also two girls further down the route who are WNPCs, but I don't recall if they advance it or not. The Pokemon in the fenced in area don't advance your frame. As for how many frames get advanced by the NPCs, it varies, and depends on fast you load your menu. On my game it's almost always a +2 advance, but for other people it'll vary.

How exactly would one try to RNG Thunderus/Tornadus, assuming they are already on the move?
You mean you've already released them? In that case, you're screwed. It may be possible to RNG the IVs from the Elite Four if you knock them out, but I don't know for certain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)