5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Yes, iirc. As i've been told, 3 come from ivrng, while the 3 come from parents. I recommend you breed a parent with 3 31 ivs first if they [the parents] don't have hexflawless stats. Then just proceed to breed another parent with 6 31 ivs. Do the process to the other parent if you're not using ditto or if you're going for a shiny dream world pokemon to make seed searching much easier to generate results.
I'm breeding a Male Litwick with 31/xx/31/31/31/31 and a normal Gastly. So if I breed a Gastly with three 31 IV's and then breed that Gastly with my Litwick I will be able to breed a Gastly with 31/xx/31/31/31/31?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm breeding a Male Litwick with 31/xx/31/31/31/31 and a normal Gastly. So if I breed a Gastly with three 31 IV's and then breed that Gastly with my Litwick I will be able to breed a Gastly with 31/xx/31/31/31/31?
You'll be able to get what you want with those parents, it'll just take longer to find a seed.

With the Litwick and the normal Gastly I keep getting the right Nature but it's only above average when I check with the IV man with two Stats being stated.

Are you sure you're hitting the right seed? And are you using an Everstone?
Yeah I'm using a Everstone on the female Gastly (Timid). I'm sure I'm hitting it right.

I add the seed to the clipboard, get the starting Frame. Then I start the game at the exact time do my chatters and get the egg.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Yeah I'm using a Everstone on the female Gastly (Timid). I'm sure I'm hitting it right.

I add the seed to the clipboard, get the starting Frame. Then I start the game at the exact time do my chatters and get the egg.
Most likely you're hitting a different frame with the same nature, then. That's why I don't like using Everstones, it makes it really hard to figure out what frame you hit. See if you can narrow it down any more by the gender, ability, characteristic, etc.

I just got the wrong nature and three perfect IVs, damn why no wild Gastly in Pokemon Black XDDDDD.

Is it possible to RNG in the White Forest? Sweet Scent doesn't work there.

I'm about to start trying to RNG some pokemon I got from the Dream World, but I've got 28 pokemon stored in my Entree Forest. Is it absolutely mandatory that I reduce this number to 11 (10 in the deepest clearing and 1 in the first clearing), or is there another way around this?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Is it possible to RNG in the White Forest? Sweet Scent doesn't work there.
I'm sure it's possible, but tedious. Not worth the effort vs breeding.
Does anyone know if its possible to RNG on the dream radar, or if it seems likely that it will in the future?
It is possible. Evidence: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&tid=@Chiizu
I'm about to start trying to RNG some pokemon I got from the Dream World, but I've got 28 pokemon stored in my Entree Forest. Is it absolutely mandatory that I reduce this number to 11 (10 in the deepest clearing and 1 in the first clearing), or is there another way around this?
You can do it without reducing, but you won't be able to control the nature so you may have to hit your seed many times.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Does anyone know if its possible to RNG on the dream radar, or if it seems likely that it will in the future?
We have it mostly figured out. I probably won't be able to add it to Reporter until the US release so I can actually test it out. Unless someone wants to send a Japanese 3DS my way...

I still cannot get Egg RNG working properly.

I load up RNGreporter.
5th Gen Time Finder.
Eggs tab.
Add IV's of parents.
Select Everstone Nature.
Select desired IV's then Generate.

Find a seed I want.
Copy it to clipboard.
Paste it on first RNGreporter window.
Method -> 5th Gen PIDRNG.
Calculate PIDRNG starting frame.

Hit the seed, start game, chatter, collect egg, hatch and fail.

Am I doing anything wrong? I'm trying for just IVs not a shiny Pokemon if that helps at all.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
looking for a link to download rng reporter 9.96, so i can rng in bw2. can't find it anywhere.

can someone link me?
http://bit.ly/NvU8cC
The latest version is always available on #smogonwifi
I still cannot get Egg RNG working properly.

I load up RNGreporter.
5th Gen Time Finder.
Eggs tab.
Add IV's of parents.
Select Everstone Nature.
Select desired IV's then Generate.

Find a seed I want.
Copy it to clipboard.
Paste it on first RNGreporter window.
Method -> 5th Gen PIDRNG.
Calculate PIDRNG starting frame.

Hit the seed, start game, chatter, collect egg, hatch and fail.

Am I doing anything wrong? I'm trying for just IVs not a shiny Pokemon if that helps at all.
Are you accounting for the wandering NPC advancements? And you need to select Breeding (BW) for the method, not PIDRNG.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Yeah I'm taking in account the wandering NPC advancements. I just don't know what to try next.

Does the Min/Max advancements make a difference?
Well, if the min is too low you won't be able to hit it.

You need to figure out what frame you're actually hitting, and do more/fewer Chatters to fix it.

I'm trying to capture a perfect Deerling. I'm using rng reporter 9.96 13. Please tell me where I messed up. I opened 5th generation time finder, chose standard seed, filled out the IVs, nature, gender, and checked synchrnonize frames only. The min/max frame is set to 1, and the game is Pokémon White. I clicked generate, found a resullt I liked. I set my date and time to match that, and opened the game when I needed, I didn't turn the c-gear on. Opened menu as fast as I could, and used sweet scent, a Deerling appeared with everything wrong. Figuring it was timer0's fault I tried again and got a different Deerling. Since my game only has two timer0's, and I'm certain the seconds are correct, what could be the problem?

In the 5th gen time finder on rng reporter 9.96. What do those two check boxes at the bottom say? All I can see is
(Check box here) Search for N(Check box here) Shiny Charm s

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I'm trying to capture a perfect Deerling. I'm using rng reporter 9.96 13. Please tell me where I messed up. I opened 5th generation time finder, chose standard seed, filled out the IVs, nature, gender, and checked synchrnonize frames only. The min/max frame is set to 1, and the game is Pokémon White. I clicked generate, found a resullt I liked. I set my date and time to match that, and opened the game when I needed, I didn't turn the c-gear on. Opened menu as fast as I could, and used sweet scent, a Deerling appeared with everything wrong. Figuring it was timer0's fault I tried again and got a different Deerling. Since my game only has two timer0's, and I'm certain the seconds are correct, what could be the problem?
Were the IVs different every time, or just the other stuff?
In the 5th gen time finder on rng reporter 9.96. What do those two check boxes at the bottom say? All I can see is
(Check box here) Search for N(Check box here) Shiny Charm s
First one is Search for Nearby Shiny Frames, second one is Shiny Charm (for BW2).

Were the IVs different every time, or just the other stuff?
Different ivs, and I don't know about nature and abillity, but judging from your responce I did everything right so I'll try a few more times.

Edit: I've gotten this Deerling a few times

Deerling - #585 (Docile) Female (♀) : 5 - 9 / 22 - 24 / 0 - 4 / 4 - 7 / 0 - 4 / 22 - 24

Edit 2: Zvarri! I've found what I've been getting in adjacent seeds. Now to compensate for that...

Edit 3: Now I have a perfect Tranquil, but everything else is wrong, we seem to be coming closer to the solution.

When you're calibrating with the Mac address and have to fill in a specific hour, minute, and second, what time are they looking for? When I start my game? When I hit continue? After the season screen goes away? etc.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Yeah I'm taking in account the wandering NPC advancements. I just don't know what to try next.

Does the Min/Max advancements make a difference?
As long as they're above 4 or so you should be fine. Look to see if maybe an adjacent seed is what you're getting. Timer0 is one hell of a troll.

How do you RNG for Thundurus to have both shininess and flawless? Is there a more updated guide than this http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part7

and if possible a guide on manipulating the SID/ID in BW to allow for easier shininess?
Basic idea for shiny ID/SID abuse: find a PID which you can easily get at specific season (the advances will change based off that) which is the right nature and has the right IVs. Then abuse an ID/SID which makes that PID shiny. If you don't do it that way you're in for a lot of pain because finding the starting PIDRNG frame is pretty difficult to do.

When you're calibrating with the Mac address and have to fill in a specific hour, minute, and second, what time are they looking for? When I start my game? When I hit continue? After the season screen goes away? etc.
When you start your game from the DS menu.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Different ivs, and I don't know about nature and abillity, but judging from your responce I did everything right so I'll try a few more times.

Edit: I've gotten this Deerling a few times

Deerling - #585 (Docile) Female (♀) : 5 - 9 / 22 - 24 / 0 - 4 / 4 - 7 / 0 - 4 / 22 - 24
Use the Adjacent Seed tool, see if that matches any of the nearby Timer0s/seconds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 35)