1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. PoJ

PoJ

Get on SynIRC's IRC server and join #smogonwifi. It's in the topic!
  2. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

I'm pretty stumped. The only thing that can make sense to me is that you're doing international breeding and don't know about it or you're doing BW2 abuse which I doubt. Upload your parents to Pokecheck for me and double check that.
  3. PsyJ

PsyJ

I managed to breed the Scrafty (http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1976762 if anyones interested in the outcome). So I figured this was the end of this story and I would never figure this one out.

UNTIL, I tried to breed a Wailord, Shiny with 31/E/31/30/31/O for HP grass when this started up again. Giving me a 24 in HP instead of the 31. SO I decide to check my Pokedex data on Ditto. I have an english entry, a japanese entry and a spanish entry. As it turns out, the Spanish one was the one in the daycare, And I never noticed it because when the lady asks if I want it back, all I saw was "Ditto", making me think it was an english one, as their names are the same in both languages. :evan:

I feel kinda dumb on this one but at least I know what the problem was, the strange part is that I have been RNGing with this ditto, and not choosing international and never had a problem up till now.

Thank you guys again for all your help. :D
  4. Expert Evan

Expert Evan every battle has a smell!
    is a Forum Moderator

I'm trying 5th gen RNG breeding for shinies for the first time ever and am not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Please advise as I was doing as follows:

1. went to 5th generation time finder, eggs tab
    2. mother & father IVs both have 31/31/31/x/31/31
    3. searched for = 31/31/31/x/31/31
    4. everstone = none & also did everstone = adamant
    5. Nature = Adamant, Ability = 0
    6. entered my ID/SID, checked Shiny Only

I tried one of the seeds, when everstone = none, shiny hatch was actually brave, not adamant, when everstone = adamant, shiny hatch was actually quiet, not adamant.

While I couldn't understand clearly the documentation, I am quite lost here as to what else I need to check for.
  5. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Are you using Ditto as a parent? There's a check for that.
  6. Expert Evan

Expert Evan every battle has a smell!
    is a Forum Moderator

I'm presently using bisharp/pawniard though I do have an adamant ditto (US) if preferred.

Edit: I was using RNG Reporter 9.95 which I was told was buggy for shiny egg. upgraded to 9.96 and was able to get my first shiny.
  7. PokéFanMan

PokéFanMan

Is it possible to iv rng eggs using C gear or is c gear only for wild Pokemon
  8. Agonist

Agonist The day the world went away
    is a Forum Moderator

just use a standard seed <_<

but yes, it is possible.
  9. PokéFanMan

PokéFanMan

Is there a guide anywhere that I could have a link to?
  10. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

a guide to what?
  11. PokéFanMan

PokéFanMan

The c gear breeding rng
  12. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

There is no guide for it IIRC. But all the information required to pull it off is in this thread and/or the on-site RNG guide.
  13. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

seriously, just use a standard seed. There is literally no advantage to using a C-Gear seed over a standard one.
  14. PokéFanMan

PokéFanMan

Im playing on an r4 so I cant get consistent parameters unless I borrow my friends game cart but i want the pokemon to have my OT

Hozu could you please give me a summary of what to do? I'm not that sharp.
  15. javyj79

javyj79

What pokes are currently able to be RNG'd in Black/White 2? My main concerns are Heatran, Latios and Latias, but i would still like to know about the others. Also, is it possible to do RNG breeding in Black/White 2? Lasty, is it possible RNG the Pokemon obtained from Dream Radar?
  16. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

Heatran/Latis yes, breeding no, Dream Radar mons yes.
  17. javyj79

javyj79

Thats awesome! Except for the breeding... i hope it gets figured it out, since i know the breeding mechanics have change a little in BW2. At least i can still RNG in Black & White still.
  18. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

it is figured out, you just can't easily do it due to a screw up in the coding. Bond697 has more information about it in the RNG Research thread, if you're interested.
  19. OriginForme

OriginForme

Any help with this?This way doesn't work,the shiny only button in time finder does not work for wondercards
  20. enderwiggin

enderwiggin

Alright, I'm trying to RNG a wondercard Victini that has been sitting at the PC for a couple months now. After finally finding a suitable seed and hitting it, I'm discovering that my initial frame is consistently overshooting my target by 2 (target is 40 and I'm starting at 42). I'm not using any button presses, and I'm not spamming "A" through the season screen. Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening?

Edit: Also, I'm using the Pokemon League PC, so NPC's shouldn't be affecting the seed.
  21. Darki

Darki

I just tried to RNG Keldeo, but what happened just now confused me.. I looked for my seed, time etc. I advanced the PIDRNG frame to my desired. Then I pressed X to close the menu and directly talked to the man in blue to observe my Pokemon. But actually, I landed on the frame directly after my target frame. I am 100% sure that I hit the target frame (high pitch, while the frame after is low and the frame before is mid) and I RNGed it in the Elite Four center. I also checked the "Roamer relased" button (as it is roaming in my region). Hitting the frame before and then talking to the man made me obtain my perfect Keldeo.
    So my question is, what went wrong? Does talking to the man increase the frame? Or does the Chatot pitch show me which frame I just passed (meaning I am currently on the frame one after)? Or what could it be? (I RNGed on the Wondercard Zekrom already and bred a few RNGs with success, so I wanted to be sure now instead of abusing RNG the wrong way probably for further months and years).
    Thanks for help in advance.

Greetings,
  22. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

What version of Reporter are you using? That's a known problem in older versions, but I think it was fixed in one of the recent alphas.
    You need to stop on the pitch one before your target.
  23. Kryzite

Kryzite

So pretty much mastered everything RNG in the 5th generation. Looking at 4th gen RNG. Two things:

1. Could someone link me what they think is the best guide for it?

2. What are the shiny spreads I keep hearing about?

Thanks

~Kryzite
  24. Mackenzie

Mackenzie

you should direct questions about older gens here
  25. ahuei123456

ahuei123456

Is there something wrong with the encounter slots here?

Everytime I try to RNG a Deino I end up with a Durant.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)