1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Kryzite

Kryzite

So pretty much mastered everything RNG in the 5th generation. Looking at 4th gen RNG. Two things:

1. Could someone link me what they think is the best guide for it?

2. What are the shiny spreads I keep hearing about?

Thanks

~Kryzite
  2. Mackenzie

Mackenzie

you should direct questions about older gens here
  3. ahuei123456

ahuei123456

Is there something wrong with the encounter slots here?

Everytime I try to RNG a Deino I end up with a Durant.
  4. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Are you sure you're hitting the right seed and frame? As far as I know there's nothing wrong with those slots.
  5. ahuei123456

ahuei123456

The seed in the time finder and the parameter finder match, it's just the encounter that doesn't. I have the slots in RNG Reporter set for 3, 7 and 11. Does that function work?
  6. PoJ

PoJ

Are you sure you're actually hitting your seed, though? Make sure you're getting the right IVs.
  7. ahuei123456

ahuei123456

Yes, I have a screenshot of the screens here.
  8. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

This sounds silly but... are you sure you're in the right location?
  9. ahuei123456

ahuei123456

Victory road 1F, yes
  10. voodoo pimp

And are you sure you're hitting the right PID frame? Since you aren't going for shiny, you could easily be hitting a different PID frame with the right nature. (Also, for future reference, searching for nature/encounter slots/etc. in Time Finder doesn't do anything unless you search for shiny too.)
  11. PoJ

PoJ

I think I've spotted your problem. You aren't hitting the right PID frame. Just because you selected the slots for Deino doesn't mean it will appear on your starting PID frame. Try this: Go to the main window of reporter, and at the top change the method to method 5 PID RNG. The encounter type should be wild pokemon. Select a synchronize nature if you're using a syncher. Now copy/paste your seed in the right spot. Then, go to the right of the window and click the button that says calculate initial PIDRNG frame. Finally, hit generate.

Now, you might notice that the slot listed for your starting frame is a slot number that yields Durant. Find a PID frame that has one of the slots you need. Now hit your seed, but don't sweet scent yet. You need to hit your target PID frame first. To advance the PID frame, get a Chatot with chatter and teach it a custom chatter. Now when you view its summary, the frame will advance by 1 each time. Saving also advances by 1. You can also advance the PID frame by walking where you can encounter wild pokemon, like grass or caves, but this is unreliable.
    Anyways, to hit your target frame, just take your target frame number and subtract your starting PID frame from it. That's how many times you need to advance the PID frame to get your target.

Hope this helped. I also hope I didn't get ninja'd, since I'm on my phone and it took forever to type.

Edit: Lol I knew that would happen (And the difference in time was 10 minutes .-.). Maybe I shouldn't have explained the whole process.. you probably already knew how to do all that stuff. Oh well, glad we found your mistake :)
  12. PokeTroopa

PokeTroopa

I've been trying to RNG Rotom in the entry forest for a couple days now using a c-gear seed that I've successfully RNG'd pokemon like Gastly with. It took me several days to get the right Gastly, but I never had any problems in terms of the IVs I got when I hit the seed correctly. My problem now with Rotom is that the frame started to randomly shift 3 spaces (so I start on a frame of 24 instead of 21) and I have no idea why. I tried switching to a new seed that requires advances before approaching Rotom, but the results showed that I was starting on frame 21 again. Then I went back to the old seed and it worked fine for about a day before consistently going back to the starting frame of 24. From the experience I've had with the other Dream World pokemon I've RNG'd, my frame doesn't advance if they move before I can get to them. Anyone know what could be causing the 3 frame jump?
  13. voodoo pimp

Do you have three Pokémon in your party? If so, the most likely explanation is that you're tripping the 128-step counter.
  14. PokeTroopa

PokeTroopa

I'm actually going into entrylink with 5 guys in my team, and I dont think there's any way I'm taking more than 128 steps while I'm in there.
  15. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

The step counter doesn't reset upon loading your game. I abuse the fact that it doesn't reset and I track my steps so I intentionally trip the step counter in the ~19 steps it takes to reach a Pokémon in the Entralink.
  16. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

Try searching adjacent seeds since if you had 5 Pokemon in your party the step counter would advance it 5 frames not 3. It's possible a nearby seed has those IVs on frame 21.
  17. ahuei123456

ahuei123456

So just to make sure, the first column is the PIDRNG frame? Is the starting frame static, like the Mersenne Twister RNG or does it have to be calibrated too? Also, does the pitch of the Chatot cry have to be the same as the one that is shown?

Sorry for all the questions, this is my first attempt at manipulating a pRNG.
  18. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

Basically the IV frame will always be 1 if you don't move. So you'll always get the IVs if you hit your seed. So you won't need to look at 5th gen IVs in the main window of RNG reporter.
  19. emboars

emboars

20. PokeTroopa

PokeTroopa

Ok, so I have been able to see that the frame is jumping depending on the number of pokemon in my party, but is there a reason why I'm tripping the 128 step counter every time I attempt an RNG? I'm not taking more than ~30 steps while I'm inside the entry forest. I've tried switching to different seeds again that require advances before talking to the pokemon I want, but my results for that show that I'm starting on frame 21 like I should be.
  21. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

Just take a few steps, probably the same you take in the forest, save and try again.
  22. Darki

Darki

One tiny question: When looking for shiny stationary Pokemon, would checking the "Synch frames only" box lead to more or less results compared to leaving it blank?
  23. emboars

emboars

that is because every frame in a seed is not syncable...syncable frames are bolded..... so it searches syncable frame seeds only which is rare compared to the seeds found without checking off the "sync frames only"...
  24. klock

klock

I'm still learning non-C gear seeds RNG for White and I have a few inconsistencies.
    I always get (whether or not I'm holding down buttons for keypresses) either C7E or C7F for my Timer0. Is there a way to make it consistently spit out just one Timer0 instead of randomly giving me one of the two?

Even if I don't have any buttons held, I get C7E or C7F. When I do have buttons held, I still get C7E or C7F
  25. voodoo pimp

Held buttons are irrelevant. It partially has to do with the timing of when exactly you press A (kind of like delay, but more forgiving), but for the most part you'll just have to deal with sometimes getting the wrong one and retry when it happens. I'd suggest figuring out which one you get more often and just using that one.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)