5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Thank you Princess Emily and Princess of Johto, I got the shiny Terrakion doing 315 frame advances. I don't know what could have advanced the frame by one, or maybe I was just miscounting.

Im trying to rng breed a female eevee. Its on frame 47 and rng reporter calculated my initial starting frame at 46. I just start the game at the right time then listen to chatot once then get my egg correct?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Im trying to rng breed a female eevee. Its on frame 47 and rng reporter calculated my initial starting frame at 46. I just start the game at the right time then listen to chatot once then get my egg correct?
No. NPCs will advance the PIDRNG before you can get the menu open, and that frame will be impossible to hit. You need to choose a higher minimum number of advancements (personally, I set it to 10 minimum), and then you'll have to figure out how many frame advances the NPCs do, either by using Chatot pitches or by taking the egg and hatching it, then using the nature, gender, etc. to figure out what frame you hit and adjust it from there.

How many times did you calibrated? It might have been that if you only did it once, you probably hit the least common of your timer0s and now that you're actually doing the RNG, you're hitting the most common one.
I was only doing it once to ensure I was matching my time, not taking Timer0 calibration into consideration.

If I were you, I would just calibrate a few times to see which Timer0 I'm hitting more constantly.
Of five tries, I got C7C as my most commonly Timer0 hit, as seen:

One
Two
Three
Four
Five

Then I transposed my newfound Timer0 onto the Time Finder with only two results, going for the highlighted seed. In turn, I copied the seed onto the main window, calculating my initial PID & generating each Frame.

With all this being said, I will be modifying my DS Lite date & time in accordance to the date & time as indicated by the seed, and then I will begin timing myself with the seconds as indicated on the seed on EonTimer--as seen here.

In both attempts to advance the Frame 12 times & 11 times, with neither attempting hitting the seed or adjacent seeds.

No. NPCs will advance the PIDRNG before you can get the menu open, and that frame will be impossible to hit. You need to choose a higher minimum number of advancements (personally, I set it to 10 minimum), and then you'll have to figure out how many frame advances the NPCs do, either by using Chatot pitches or by taking the egg and hatching it, then using the nature, gender, etc. to figure out what frame you hit and adjust it from there.
Ok. Thanks. Ill get back with my results.

I cant seem to find what spread I hit? I get a result then cant find it. 3 eggs later its the same cycle. Why is non cgear rng so hard? Makes me just want to go catch the other pokemon instead of breeding for them.

How can i RNG white forest pokemon??

is the same as wild pokes right? also does changing your time mess up your white forest??

i read in the fist post that this can't be shiny but why

Thx in Advance & Salu2

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
How can i RNG white forest pokemon??

is the same as wild pokes right? also does changing your time mess up your white forest??

i read in the fist post that this can't be shiny but why

Thx in Advance & Salu2
As I understand it, the main problems are that you can't Sweet Scent (making hitting a particular PID frame incredibly difficult, particularly with the many NPCs in the area), and the encounter slots function completely differently from anywhere else. Unless you're really determined to get it in a special ball, you're better off just breeding whatever you need.

Does pidrng behave differently if I hold buttons? I have been able to RNG successfully many times without holding any buttons but now I need to for this wonder card I'm trying to RNG and I can't hit the frame at all. I looked at all the adjacent frames too and nothing to seems to match at all. I double checked the date and time... I even get the same chatot call pitches so I know I'm consistently getting the same frame, but it's a frame I cannot find anywhere.

EDIT: Disregard... I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I was looking at the wrong frames for reference.

Held buttons have no effect on anything except the seed itself. Are you sure you selected the correct method and everything?
I was actually looking at the chatot calls just to make sure I was on the right seed and it turns out that the chatot calls on PPRNG for the Wonder Card Seed Inspector are not accurate.

Please post your seed details and explain in what way they are not correct.
The Chatot call pitches in the Standard Seed Inspector are always the same as what I hear in game but the ones that come up for the same seed on the Wonder Card Seed Inspector are completely different.

I don't have the seed anymore to give you an screeenshot, but that seems to be the case for any seed. For example the seed I get at 9/26/12 at 00:00:00 is C75B2649315A6669. When I put that seed/time into the Standard Seed Inspector I get frames 46-50 showing pitches as: 0, 43, 21, 76, 78. When I put that same seed/time into the Wonder Card Seed Inspector I get the values: 64, 73, 72, 28, 3.

Everything else on the Wonder Card Seed Inspector screen seems to match up with what I see in game though (the IVs, nature, etc) so I know I'm coming up with the correct results.

I am having a problem with breeding shinies. I am trying to RNG a shiny Cloyster
I hit the correct seed and frame, and got the correct IVs, nature, and ability, but it wasn't shiny. I had the correct ID/SID combo in the time finder and I checked shiny only. Here is a screen shot: The highlighted seed is the one I chose

I am having a problem with breeding shinies. I am trying to RNG a shiny Cloyster
I hit the correct seed and frame, and got the correct IVs, nature, and ability, but it wasn't shiny. I had the correct ID/SID combo in the time finder and I checked shiny only. Here is a screen shot: The highlighted seed is the one I chose
How do you know you hit the right frame? You might have hit a near by frame that happened to have the right nature/IVs/ability. Check the surrounding PID frames. Also, are you sure the Ditto you're using isn't from a foreign game? If you find out it is, search for new seeds by checking the International Parents box. Or, you could go to the main window of Reporter with the same seed, and check the International Parents box and generate the PID frames again; there will most likely be several shiny frames.

Edit: Also, next time try to post in the right thread (a mod moved your post from the Most Generations PRNG Help/Info thread to this one). You were asking about 5th gen. RNG, so come to the 5th gen. RNG Help thread. Thanks!

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
In Hozu's pic, take the seed and use the Breeding(BW) if both parents are same nationality, Breeding(International) if different nationalities (1 from US, 1 from Japan) and calculate initial starting frame. I usually need to adjust at least 5-7 frames due to NPCs on Route 3 so best to see what hatches first before going the full chatot length. I recommend the international breeding method (ie. US male parent, japanese ditto) since the chances of shinies increase like 8 times.

Check the PID you hit so you can see the frame you actually hit.
How do I calculate the PID?

EDIT: I checked the PID on pokecheck and it is 0x1DE38C11
So I did hit the right frame and got the correct PID
Are there any other factors other than PID and ID/SID for determining shiniess???
I probably made a typo somewhere in my RNG Reporter, but I can't figure out where!
I've done so many shiny breeds b4 and never had this problem

Also yes, both my parents are English. I made sure on poke check

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Only thing that you could have made a typo with is TID/SID on the Time Finder (or your profile in general). Or rather, the TID/SID on the game doesn't match what is entered.

Only thing that you could have made a typo with is TID/SID on the Time Finder (or your profile in general). Or rather, the TID/SID on the game doesn't match what is entered.
Just doubled checked all my entries with pokecheck and it seems correct....
I even made sure my mac address was right

Are there any other restrictions on shinies. I am using 2 traded parents from poke check

EDIT: My eyes don't work. I had the wrong SID..... sigh.....

Hello everyone!

I've been looking around about Dream Radar RNG, and hearing that it is possible and is likely to be added to RNG Reporter after BW2's English release. However, I have heard one thing hinted at but never perfectly explained, so I need to ask one question:

Do you only have ONE chance per Pokemon to RNG, or can you reset if you make a mistake?

I ask this because from the sound of it, the seed is used when you agree to import the Pokemon, which I assume is not something you can "reset".

Please let me know! Thanks!

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Do you only have ONE chance per Pokemon to RNG, or can you reset if you make a mistake?
The beginnings of a guide to DR RNG are in this post. It explains the limitations.

One thing to note is that it's very easy to verify that you hit the correct seed with DR RNG, so the only way to mess up is to get your initial search configuration wrong or to advance the wrong number of frames (assuming that you've set things up on the DR side correctly).

The beginnings of a guide to DR RNG are in this post. It explains the limitations.

One thing to note is that it's very easy to verify that you hit the correct seed with DR RNG, so the only way to mess up is to get your initial search configuration wrong or to advance the wrong number of frames (assuming that you've set things up on the DR side correctly).
Ah, so an easy method of verification is available before committing to the action? Good to know. That post had all I needed - thank you!

Hello everyone.

Can someone please tell me how to RNG a dust spot Pokemon like excadrill ? I found a SEED for a wild cave spot encounter and tried to save in front of such a spot but discovered the spot was gone once I returned in the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)