5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Are you sure it's a GLAN Wonder Card? And are you doing it in a center with no moving NPCs?
Yep, I'm in the Nimbasa PMC, trying it on Reshiram, so he's a GLAN for sure.

-BW1 or BW2?
-Which Pokemon Center? (See above)

-Are you looking at adjacents for all your timer0s? You've got more than one to deal with no matter which game it is.
Figured as much, I tend to get C7E and C7F a lot, but others pop in randomly which I think is due to the range of the IV's I'm inputing on Parameter Finder. Of those I was looking at in the adjacents, none of them were matching any of the IV's I was getting. I would have assumed that it would be within range of one of them as long as my timing wasn't more than a 1-2 seconds off max, which it wasn't. From the calibration guides they said you usually have 2 Timer0's, would I possibly have more than that?

-Check your seed's initial PIDRNG frame. Make sure you're not aiming too low.
Ok, I checked that and I'm kind of confused on the PIDRNG purpose for IV's. Isn't PIDRNG for cycling through nature's or is it used with IV calculation some how?

So say I find a seed on time finder with time I want, and look up the PIDRNG, and it gives me frame 115. Isn't that where I start when I first enter the game, or is that something I need to flip to in order to get to the IV spread I want listed in the target time? Kind of confused there since the frame listed time finder is always 0. Also the nature I want is 11 frames over 115 at 126. So by my calculation I would have had to save 11 times to get to the right nature.

-"Start the DS"? You mean start the game, right?
Yeah, sorry, that was kind of vague. I started it a second before so when the tic happens it hits my mark before going to the white screen.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yep, I'm in the Nimbasa PMC, trying it on Reshiram, so he's a GLAN for sure.

Ok, I checked that and I'm kind of confused on the PIDRNG purpose for IV's. Isn't PIDRNG for cycling through nature's or is it used with IV calculation some how?

So say I find a seed on time finder with time I want, and look up the PIDRNG, and it gives me frame 115. Isn't that where I start when I first enter the game, or is that something I need to flip to in order to get to the IV spread I want listed in the target time? Kind of confused there since the frame listed time finder is always 0. Also the nature I want is 11 frames over 115 at 126. So by my calculation I would have had to save 11 times to get to the right nature.
Reshiram is a normal Wonder Card, GLAN stands for Gender Locked Any Nature. It only applies to events that are locked to either male or female (and also that have variable nature; if both the gender and nature are locked, it uses the normal method). Also, Nimbasa's center does have a moving NPC, which explains the extra variation you experienced (especially if you're advancing the frame by saving). Try the Pokémon League center instead.

Wonder Cards use the PIDRNG to determine IVs as well, unlike most other methods. You have to find a single frame with the IVs and nature you want.

The number Time Finder gives you is your target, you need to put the seed into the main window and hit Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame to find where it starts (should be around 35-60 depending on the seed).

Reshiram is a normal Wonder Card, GLAN stands for Gender Locked Any Nature. It only applies to events that are locked to either male or female. Also, Nimbasa's center does have a moving NPC, which explains the extra variation you experienced (especially if you're advancing the frame by saving). Try the Pokémon League center instead.

Wonder Cards use the PIDRNG to determine IVs as well, unlike most other methods. You have to find a single frame with the IVs and nature you want.

The number Time Finder gives you is your target, you need to put the seed into the main window and hit Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame to find where it starts (should be around 35-60 depending on the seed).
Ah gotcha. I thought it meant that nature wasn't mutable, thus locked, whereas an unlocked nature would be mutable, such as male/female. Anyways, at least that definition is understood now.

Are you sure Nimbasa PMC has a moving NPC? There is the girl sitting there with her Minicino, and a guy upper left corner, and that's pretty much it. Nobody moving otherwise. Do stationary, none moving NPC's cause fluctuations?

Can RNG Reporter 9.96 Beta work even if you can't close the Profiles Window? Just as a temporary fix until I figure out what's going on in the program.

Could my RNG Reporter 9.95 be causing the bugs in 9.96?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ah gotcha. I thought it meant that nature wasn't mutable, thus locked, whereas an unlocked nature would be mutable, such as male/female. Anyways, at least that definition is understood now.

Are you sure Nimbasa PMC has a moving NPC? There is the girl sitting there with her Minicino, and a guy upper left corner, and that's pretty much it. Nobody moving otherwise. Do stationary, none moving NPC's cause fluctuations?
If you want the technical reason, it's because gender is related to PID, so the PID has to be modified to make sure it's always male or always female, while genderless Pokémon can simply ignore that issue.

The guy in the upper left corner moves. Not much, but enough to cause problems if you're advancing by saving.

If you want the technical reason, it's because gender is related to PID, so the PID has to be modified to make sure it's always male or always female, while genderless Pokémon can simply ignore that issue.

The guy in the upper left corner moves. Not much, but enough to cause problems if you're advancing by saving.
Damn, was hoping they were both stationary.

So I am trying to RNG a Heatran in B2 just like I would my Shiny Terrakion from B1, but it is not working at all. I have my sweet scent parameters for B2, but I can't get a consistent result of anything on this Heatran. Any thoughts?

You're getting a different timer0 from your calibration basis. There is a wide range for timer0's in BW2, unlike BW having almost always only 2.

I was using 9.96.1 and tried calibrating on my DSi. I'm having 3 different timer0's and VCounts. Is this normal? 1676, 167b, 1673, and now 1678. Vcounts were AC and AD.
Actually, based on the numbers Musica posted, it looks like it may be the case that there is some small VCount variation on DSi / 3DS in addition to the Timer0 variation. People will have to spend more time testing with DSi / 3DS to be certain, however, so don't quote me on that just yet.
Were there variations in VCount with Japanese games on DSi/3DS? Wouldn't it be unusual for something like this to change for the international release?

These are the Timer0s I got in about an hour of checking on the Unova Key thing... What do I enter in my parameters? Which should I consider my dominant Timer0s/focus on getting?

Seed: E3FDF28D48DA85D8
Timer0: 1105
VCOUNT: 82
VFRAME: 8

Seed: 889915546108FA98
Timer0: 1107
VFrame: 8

Timer0: 1100

Timer0: 1104
VCount: 82
Vframe: 8

Timer0: 1103

Timer0: 1106

Timer0: 1102

After you do the memory link it's set in your game. Don't worry though because RNG Reporter accounts for it if you check the Memory Link box in your profile.
So if I find my parameters on the game without memory link, restart the game at a later time and memory link that, do I use the old parameters (and simply check that box) or do I have to refind them?

Thanks for all the help guys, I'm a horrid n00b at this to this day. About to get Genesect right now (and hopefully 2 more times before the night is over).

These are the Timer0s I got in about an hour of checking on the Unova Key thing... What do I enter in my parameters? Which should I consider my dominant Timer0s/focus on getting?

Seed: E3FDF28D48DA85D8
VFRAME: 8

Seed: 889915546108FA98

Timer0: 1100

Timer0: 1103

Timer0: 1106

Timer0: 1102

Are 1107, 1105, and 1104 my main timer 0s? What should I mark off in my parameters before I try ID abusing?

Okay. So I got the new RNGReporter and I wanna start RNGing the legends. But first I gotta set up my perimeters, so which perimeter search do I use? The DS / Game Perimeter or the B2 / W2 Perimeter? If it's the second one, how do you use it?

Edit: Nevermind. I think I found it.

First, I'd recommend doing even more calibrations. It doesn't hurt and it's SO much quicker in B/W2.

Second, I recommend just choosing one of the most common timer0s and having that be both your minimum and maximum value for your search; I have trouble getting much variation from any of my main timer0s so a range of values isn't very helpful.

Finally, just take a shot at it. It can't hurt to try and each attempt just gives you more calibrations to work with.

It took me a while to get my ID (13337, representin'!) but it was really just adjusting to the new timer0s and having to watch the intro a handful of time.

I seemed to be getting 1105 the most as my timer0, so I put that into the id abuse searcher. I got a seed for 12/12/12 with my desired number at Frame 44. What is my starting frame? How many times should I refuse Juniper?
(46CFB0D6F594A9EA)

Is anyone encounter something similar to this? Every seed I input into the Main Window is off by two frames from the one displayed in the Time Finder page. There's also a strange thing with the characteristic being completely different then what's displayed in the game.

So I tried to RNG just now and the first time I was 1 second off. Tried again, and this time my Timer0 went from 1105 to 1106 (checked adjacent seeds to find out).

Is this typical...?

EDIT: Tried again, Timer0 is now apparently 1104.

Im confused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)