1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. kiddu

kiddu

Keep in mind the sheer number of seeds the search is going through, though. Statistically it's very much possible, but it'll take searching a few months and/or multiple keypresses.

Re-record your Chatter, if at all possible. It helps immensely to have those to work with.

Re-saving also changes how many/few advances NPCs give you on a seed, so that may help to stabilize your results a bit.
  2. emboars

emboars

guys on bw2 encounter tables all the places are named as "location 110" etc. how do you know where exactly is that place , i mean route 1,2,3 etc... :/

EDIT: i cant find pidove in any where in this table :/ please help.....
    http://eggmove.com/encounterblack2.html
  3. Musica

Musica

I'm a noob again here. Just a question, how would I know which time to hit for ID/SID abuse in B/W? Should I use the one in RNG Reporter's Time Finder or Pandora's Box Search Parameters?
  4. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

Those are the numbers I got while id-abusing with me mistakenly trying to abuse something with timer0 1105. Should I just look at timer0s 1104 and 1107 in the future?
  5. Musica

Musica

Would there be a difference in timer0's from normal in-game RNG than ID/SID Abuse?
  6. Mr. Sableye

Mr. Sableye

Yeah; it seems that most of your values are centered around those two values. Give it a try.

Nope.
  7. Musica

Musica

I used 1675 on my first successful attempt RNG'ing Genesect. I'm now going for ID/SID Abuse, but with no luck still. I got a timer0 of 1673 (with a different VCount), based on the searches I made. Can anyone help me with ID/SID abuse?
  8. Elite_Battle_Master

Elite_Battle_Master

I have downloaded version 9.96 of RNGR 3 times now and I keep getting an error that the file is "not a valid win32 application."

Running Windows XP. If I re-download version 9.95, that version works, but when I replace it with 9.96, it won't open.

Help?
  9. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

It's not compatible with Windows XP.
  10. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It doesn't work with XP due to using an incompatible version of .NET Framework. Slashmolder is planning to release another version that will work with XP, but wants to wait until all the other stuff (DSi/3DS, Unova Link, etc.) is finished before releasing it.
  11. Elite_Battle_Master

Elite_Battle_Master

Ouch, that sucks. Any time frame on release

Guess there will be no RNGing legends for me yet! :pirate:
  12. mew420

mew420

hey. i'm sure it's been asked a lot, but sifting threads sucks. does rng reporter support english bw2 yet? only concerned with wondercards right now.
  13. remedy1502

remedy1502

How possible would it be to do this for a wondercard RNG: Figure out which poke I encounter with sweet scent when I hit my seed, run, fly to pokecentre with no NPCs, talk to delivery man to figure out what frame I'm at after all this.

If I can consistently hit the same frame entering the PC, this should be easier than just guessing if I hit my seed, right?

Only on DS Phat/Lite. No Dsi/3DS support yet.
    You also could have read the OP. You don't need to sift the thread lmao.
  14. voodoo pimp

I don't really see the point, since you still have to actually hit your seed either way, and checking the WC mon's IVs/nature shouldn't be any slower.
  15. remedy1502

remedy1502

I'd get to avoid the chatot shit to check. And if I don't hit my seed, I won't know if the initial frame is actually 47 (the value I'm given) after all the advances. Idk I feel like it would make things easier for me, but I'm probably wrong. Maybe it's just knowing that I'm doing the advances while for sure having hit my seed.
  16. javyj79

javyj79

I have several questions if anyone can answer them.

1. When are the IV's and Nature generated for the following legendaries: Mespirit/Azelf/Uxie/3 musketeers/Zekrom/Reshiram/Heatran/Latios/Cresselia?
    2. Which of those pokes have NPC's who affect the advancement of the frame?
    3. Will RNG reporter 9.95 work with calibrating and RNG capture in black 2 or do I have to update to 9.96?
  17. coolbiz

coolbiz

Is PID abuse gone in white 2?
  18. Cefiro

Cefiro

Still trying to find an all-31 IV spread for Genesect... haha, this is taking forever. I've gone through every month for 10 years with all button press options thus far. Onward to the future!!

I admire you guys who ID/SID RNG. I am just waaaaaay too lazy for that; standard seeds (and hopefully eventual breeding in BW1) for me!

EDIT: Remedy, why do you have to check your frame for Wondercard through that hassle-some method? Don't you just copy the seed into the main page, and click "Calculate Initital PIDRNG frame"? That's what I did to find out how many Chatot advances I needed to do to get my Genesect, and after my Timer0 actually settled for the value I wanted I got my Genesect no problemo.
  19. kiddu

kiddu

You do realize that you can use the Chatot calls to verify your seed while you're advancing, right? RNG Reporter has a column in the main window results just for that feature. It's not like it's hard to tell the difference between the tones, either. Even if you can't, more often than not the pattern itself is enough.

BTW, as long as you're in a PC with no moving NPCs (like the League one) and you don't have your roamers running or anything, RNG Reporter's pretty much always going to show the right initial frame.
  20. remedy1502

remedy1502

I do, but iirc it's not always right. Idk, I'm just doing it over and over with the number of advances rng reporter tells me to do now until I hit it I suppose~
  21. Cefiro

Cefiro

Check the adjacent seeds, see if you're getting one of those.
    It took me 7 tries hitting everything right to get my Genesect, simply because my Timer0 kept fluctuating up and down. But at least I knew I wasn't getting it because of chance, not because I was doing something wrong.
  22. voodoo pimp

1. Latios is generated during the short cutscene after you take the last step to encounter it. All the others are generated when you talk to them.
    2. Uxie and Latios do, not sure about all the others.
    3. You have to update.
    No, it's exactly the same as before.
  23. coolbiz

coolbiz

Are you sure? Yesterday I tried and but it used standard seed instead of PIDRNG in the main window. I also got the bad IVs displayed in the one with standard seed.
  24. SwampertGirl

SwampertGirl

Yeah, I did that and IT WORKED!! I got my shiny Uxie in a Luxury Ball. <3 Strangely, I only used two, surprised me a whole lot.
    Now onto Latias.

Edit: Speaking of Latias, do the NPCs still move while Latias is confronting you?
  25. mew420

mew420

is it only possible to obtain shiny flawless stationaries with id/sid abuse?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)