1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. mhybear

mhybear

I need to clarify something on BW2 RNG:

1.) How do you define "first interaction with Lati@s?" is it when you first see it as you enter the dreamyard or before you battle it (since you have to catch it)?

2.) Can Reshiram/Zekrom be shiny (Dragonspiral Tower)?

Thanks!
  2. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

1) Once you take the last step to encounter it that's when it gets set.
    2) Nope.
  3. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

So if I just caught Riolu and Munna on my dream radar, I can only rng one? Also, do you rng with the dream radar a 3ds?
  4. religiousjedi

religiousjedi Destiny likes to use #The in everything.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Yes, you can only choose one to RNG abuse. You have to send the data with the 3DS obviously, but after it saves the data to your BW2 cart, you're free to use whatever model of DS or 3DS to RNG abuse it.

A visual if you need it.
  5. musicalbento

musicalbento

calibrating my DSi, I remember the last time I RNGed, it was 2 seconds behind, so when entering the exact time for calibration should I just enter the one on the clock (seconds included, of course) or should I subtract the two seconds?
  6. religiousjedi

religiousjedi Destiny likes to use #The in everything.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

When I say exact time, I mean exact time. So no, don't subtract two seconds. That's what calibration is for.
  7. radishes

radishes

Ah, I was afraid those NPCs would count as wandering, but it explains a lot.
    I guess I just picked a difficult seed to determine starting frames for to begin with, as well - I used the generate adjacent seed tool to look at the spreads for the other timer0s, and turns out that the second before mine has a spread with a flawless attack stat and the one after has a flawless HP stat. So it seems the only reliable characteristic to determine frame my off of is 'Mischievous' on the current seed. Also, saving exits you out of the menu, so RNGing a starter is indeed difficult, unfortunately... though out of sheer stubbornness I'm going try a few more times and see what happens. x_x

Outrage, I'm curious, are you hitting those frames in the hundreds after waiting a few seconds, or is that right after you boot the game and talk to Bianca? I want to retry my process with a different seed but I've no idea what to shoot for, since it seems I've gotten from as low as the 50s to as high as the 100s depending on how long I wait.
  8. Prismata

Prismata

Does changing your Trainer ID/Secret ID with a save editor screw things up? I changed my IDs in Black and Diamond, and in both games when I tried to breed shinies, I got my Pokemon to hatch with everything on the target frame *except* for the shininess. I'm 100% sure that I entered my IDs correctly... am I just doing something else wrong?
  9. Agonist

Agonist Even as I tear your fucking throat away.
    is a Forum Moderator

don't edit your ID/SID.
  10. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

How are the Shiny Haxorus, Shiny Gible, and Shiny Dratini generated in BW2? Are they RNG'd like a normal encounter, or is there something else that needs to be done?
  11. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

Haxorus is a stationary, as for the other two I've got no clue, as there isn't any point in RNGing those eggs.
  12. Sylencia

Sylencia

Hey guys, starting up RNGing again with the release of BW2, and I've been using PPRNG to try Unova Link my parameters, and just making sure but would any of these be off? (Since I feel the Timer0 is incredibly high compared to what I've seen what others are getting)

T0: 167B-1688
    VCount: AD
    VF: 8
    System: 3DS (XL)
  13. mhybear

mhybear

Question: Do I start at my initial PID frame when capturing Kyurem in BW2?
  14. Blootix

Blootix

I've been trying to do RNG abuse on my Pokemon White. It hasn't been working :( I've looked up countless youtube videos and read through the Smogon guide, but it still isn't working.

I'm only trying to get the IV RNG to work for now.

I calibrated the game, and then tried to use Time Finder, but the Pokemon I get do not have good IVs. What am I doing wrong? I'm following the steps exactly as written

Here's what I did:

1) calibration:
    Saved at victory road
    Changed DS clock to 10/13/2012 10:30
    Started game at 10:30 + 30 secs, used Sweet Scent caught Durant, input IVs
    Input mac address, selected version/language etc. in DS Parameters Setup
    Pressed Generate
    Saved DS Parameters in Time Finder

2) time finder
    Used seed in time finder
    Changed desired IVs to 31/31/31/31/31/31
    Min/Max frame = 1
    Allowed 3 keystrokes
    Started game at the time specified, pressed keystroke
    used sweet scent

System: DS Lite
    Version: Pokemon White

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
  15. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

yeah, unless there are WNPCs in the area (there aren't afaik).
  16. mhybear

mhybear

Ok maybe something went wrong with my RNG...

Scenario:
    I used the same seed to capture a Reshiram at Dragonspiral Tower and using it again on the same game to capture Kyurem... I get the same IV's but the PID frame advanced (I think) since the nature is not the initial PID frame nature which I got for Reshiram... I'll try again hitting the seed anyway...

Thanks!

EDIT: Ok I found out that the PID frame for Kyurem advanced by 4 frames for my RNG... I don't know why since there aren't any NPC's on the area...
    Captured a RNG'ed Kyurem anyway ^^
  17. joejones6

joejones6

Is setting up DS parameters for black 2 on a DS lite
    The exact same as doing it for black 1?
  18. Uiru

Uiru

What is the earliest place in the game to Sweet Scent for calibrating?
    ~Uiru
  19. J00sh

J00sh

Hey guys, I had no trouble RNGing in DP and BW1, but B2 is killing me lol.

Just a questions about RNG reporter:

I've generated a seed for 31 IVs in every stat, for frame 1. However, when I go to adjacent seed checker, I see that it is in fact frame 3 of the standard IV seed which yields perfect IVs, not frame 1. This is the same for several seeds I have tested.

Does this happen because the standard IV seed starts on frame 3, and so RNG reporter takes care of this by making it frame 1?

Also, with Pandora's box ID/SID abuse, when you enter a frame to make shiny for a certain seed, it generates ID/SID combos which make the frame 3 prior shiny.

I am trying to RNG my starter (something I've done many times in BW1) but am having lots of trouble. I think it might be because of the WNPCs in the starting town.

Just wanna check also, does saving in BW2 advance your PID 1 frame still? Or has this changed in BW2?
  20. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

yes, unless you happen to have a Mac and PPRNG, in which case you can use the Unova Link to find your parameters.

Virbank Complex (not the interior, just the one directly beneath Virbank City) doesn't have any WNPCs, however, the Pokemon are only level 10-12.

there are quite a few WNPCs in Aspertia (five or six iirc), so it's a bit difficult to get the right nature. And yes, afaik, saving still advances the PIDRNG by one.
  21. Jaden

Jaden

any help guys :(
  22. Uiru

Uiru

That's fine, I can just send it to my White game and RC the hell out of it. Thanks.
    ~Uiru
  23. Outrage

Outrage

I'm hitting the high frames after a few seconds. If I talk to Bianca right away I hit a way earlier frame, around the 50s just like you. I don't think it's worth RNGing a starter now really. I just want to start playing the game!
  24. J00sh

J00sh

I know the feel bro, but I eventually RNG'd a perfect oshawott. Just took for friggen ever.
  25. Musica

Musica

Anyone else getting a different VCount and Timer0 combo? I'm postive that I have hit a different VCount-Timer0 combo. The first VC-T0 combo I got was AD-1675 (getting WC Genesect), next was AC-1673 (TID/SID abuse), and now AC-1671 (been consistently hit for a while now while calibrating). I'm not sure if this is a problem with my cartridge or my console. =/

Other weird parameters I've hit while calibrating...

AD - 1676
    AD - 1677
    AD - 1679

Please help me to choose what I should really use =/

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)