5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

What exactly is a shiny frame? Is it the exact same thing as the "walk 128 steps", because for frame it says 23, but for shiny it says 76 on one of the searches I did.

Also, can you repel while walking the steps without messing anything up?

I might for a shiny Volcarona if I feel up to it.
Actually, screw it, shiny Volc looks worse IMO, but I would still like to know for the future.

Remember, Cefiro, that 5th gen has two RNGs: one for PID (nature ability, shininess) and one for IVs (the 128 steps one). For everything except Wondercards, you have to advance them separately, which is why everybody suggests sticking to your initial IV frame, so you only worry about one (and because PIDs are a whole lot easier to advance).

Walking anywhere where you can encounter wild Pokemon (like Volcarona's chamber) will advance the PIDRNG much faster than the IVRNG (about 2 advances per step, IIRC), even if you use Repels.

So about that broken breeding in BW2... What does that mean in layman's terms? I get that it means "no RNGing for eggs", but can anyone explain the mechanics behind it in a very simple way?
Basically, every time you try to hit a seed for breeding, no matter what it's supposed to be it gets screwed over by an unrelated seed that was created when you started the game. So, a lot of it ends up unabusable.

Are N's Pokemon RNG-able? I read somewhere that N's Pokemon will always have IVs of 30.

Also, in Black and White, Zekrom/Reshiram could not be shiny. Is that still true in Black 2/White 2?

Hey, I was thinking of buying a 3DS for access to the Dream Radar. I was wondering if the 3DS setting in RNG reporter applies to the 3DS XL as well, or are there differences like there are between the DS and DSi?

Also, what are the differences in RNG abuse that I should be aware of? (Fyi, I have only used RNG abuse on the original DS so far.)

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Are N's Pokemon RNG-able? I read somewhere that N's Pokemon will always have IVs of 30.

Also, in Black and White, Zekrom/Reshiram could not be shiny. Is that still true in Black 2/White 2?
No, N's Pokes are not RNG-able. They will always have set IVs (30 all) and a set nature.

Yes, Reshiram/Zekrom retain the shiny check, so they cannot be shiny.

Hey, I was thinking of buying a 3DS for access to the Dream Radar. I was wondering if the 3DS setting in RNG reporter applies to the 3DS XL as well, or are there differences like there are between the DS and DSi?

Also, what are the differences in RNG abuse that I should be aware of? (Fyi, I have only used RNG abuse on the original DS so far.)
If you still have that original DS, you can use that to RNG Dream Radar Pokemon, too (you don't need to use the 3DS you get them off of).

...Once RNG Reporter gets the update for it, that is.

So I'm guessing it's a little more difficult to attempt to RNG on a 3DS XL? I read somewhere the delay to get into the game is something like 7 seconds as opposed to DS's 1 second, and you need a stopwatch since the 3DS doesn't have a second hand. Is this really necessary if you're using Eon Timer?

Also, is there a guide or helpful posts related to Dream Radar abuse, or will that be on hold until RNG Reporter supports it? The link from the first post seems to be Mac exclusive.

I am using Pokemon Black for RNG abuse. I am doing all those things, and my Timer0 is only C7C - C7D, it seems unlikely that I have missed all the spreads that I have tried to do. I may not have entered exactly the right parent IVs into the Seed Searcher, but the ones that are wish for the baby pokemon to inherit are 100% accurate, the iv calculator is sure of it. I am not sure if that last issue is a major problem, and therefore the source of my discontentment.
Ah, yes, there is also the mailman waiting in all pokecenters to deliver that event Darkrai from months ago. Seeing as I have never RNG'd with a wondercard pokemon waiting to be given, this may be the problem.

Remember, Cefiro, that 5th gen has two RNGs: one for PID (nature ability, shininess) and one for IVs (the 128 steps one). For everything except Wondercards, you have to advance them separately, which is why everybody suggests sticking to your initial IV frame, so you only worry about one (and because PIDs are a whole lot easier to advance).

Walking anywhere where you can encounter wild Pokemon (like Volcarona's chamber) will advance the PIDRNG much faster than the IVRNG (about 2 advances per step, IIRC), even if you use Repels.
Ah, forgot shininess is a PIDRNG thing. When you say about 2, are you saying about because of your memory, or because each step isn't always a set number? Because if each step is not a set number, then that method is all luck based.
Also, does turning count as a step/advance, or can you turn as much as you like?

Also, I forgot, does encountering the stationary Poke count as one advancement of the PIDRNG? My starting frame is one before the frame I want, so when I get home I can just encounter the Volcarona instead of doing anything?

Also, since I'm currently in the absence of a Chatot in BW2 (traded him back after getting Genesect twice), will saving the game once still advance the PIDRNG by 1, if that ends up being neccesary for Volcarona? I think he is the only Poke I plan to RNG prior to beating the rest of BW2 and getting to the Chatot area.
Actually, one more question to follow-up on this: I can completely ignore the three musketeers found mid-game and capture them at any time, right? They don't vanish or anything? I know GameFreak tried to do away with the "Miss your chance and this Poke is gone forever", but I just want to make sure. Because I want to try to go for a shiny Terra sometime in the future.

I say about 2 because A) there have been people who claimed varying advances, B) turns cause advances, too, so that affects the average, and C) it's been a long time since I advanced that way.

The first post says 2 per turn/step, so go with that.

Walking around the exact same way on a single seed should give you the same number of advancements, but that's a more clunky way of doing it and requires getting it exact, which is bound to cause even more issues than Chatot did. You can try if you get desperate and don't have a Chatot, but good luck if you do.

Encountering a stationary immediately wil give it your initial PID frame, discounting NPCs of course, so you'd need an advancement. Saving still works as far as I know.

(as an aside, you can use the C-Gear to trade via infrared anytime, anywhere, if you decide to send your Chatot back over real quick)

The musketeers didn't vanish in BW1, so I sincerely doubt they'd vanish in BW2.

So I'm guessing it's a little more difficult to attempt to RNG on a 3DS XL? I read somewhere the delay to get into the game is something like 7 seconds as opposed to DS's 1 second, and you need a stopwatch since the 3DS doesn't have a second hand. Is this really necessary if you're using Eon Timer?

Also, is there a guide or helpful posts related to Dream Radar abuse, or will that be on hold until RNG Reporter supports it? The link from the first post seems to be Mac exclusive.
EonTimer works as your stopwatch.

That link is all we have so far. Can't exactly have a guide posted about something that isn't available yet, though supposedly it'll be similar enough that the basics of that guide will still apply.

do required leads matter for legends? I am trying to go for a shiny flawless Dreamyard Latias and one of the few IVRNG seeds i have gotten has a cute charm lead, obviously that would not work for a legend because they are gender-less so does the required lead still matter?

do required leads matter for legends? I am trying to go for a shiny flawless Dreamyard Latias and one of the few IVRNG seeds i have gotten has a cute charm lead, obviously that would not work for a legend because they are gender-less so does the required lead still matter?
Required leads matter. You will have to look for another seed, because the Cute Charm lead will not work for Latias, ever.

Required leads matter. You will have to look for another seed, because the Cute Charm lead will not work for Latias, ever.
okay cool.

Well, I have been trying to catch the latias for the last hour now and I am not hitting my IVRNG seed, I am consistently hitting a different seed and I have been messing around with the adjacent seed finder. I think I may be hitting my seed but when I encounter the latias the IV frame is on 3. I know it is NOT from having tripped the 128 steps b/c i have 5 pokemon in my party so it should be on frame 6 if I were, does anyone know if the actual encountering of latias/latios in the dream yard advances the frame?

okay cool.

Well, I have been trying to catch the latias for the last hour now and I am not hitting my IVRNG seed, I am consistently hitting a different seed and I have been messing around with the adjacent seed finder. I think I may be hitting my seed but when I encounter the latias the IV frame is on 3. I know it is NOT from having tripped the 128 steps b/c i have 5 pokemon in my party so it should be on frame 6 if I were, does anyone know if the actual encountering of latias/latios in the dream yard advances the frame?
Nevermind, I think there may be a bug in the reporter, i tried to hit my seed a couple times and see what the immediate results for the IVs were with out advancing the PIDRNG and i hit my flawless spread. There must be some kind of bug in the adjacent seed finder because first it reports that my target seed with the same timer0 and date is 23/3/31/31/31/31 while the time finder says it is a flawless spread. Also, it lists that on the same timer0 there is a flawless spread on frame 3, just like it listed the spread from the post above as a spread on frame 3.

I think the adjacent seed finder is shifting the seeds by two frames or something.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Adjacent seed finder is 2 frames off due to not advancing the 2 IVRNG frames that were supposed to be used for the new egg RNG.

Adjacent seed finder is 2 frames off due to not advancing the 2 IVRNG frames that were supposed to be used for the new egg RNG.
Wait, what about eggs? I am not doing breeding and do not have breeding selected anywhere, what is this about eggs? Is there a way for me to fix the advancement so it doesn't shift 2 frames?

Wait, what about eggs? I am not doing breeding and do not have breeding selected anywhere, what is this about eggs? Is there a way for me to fix the advancement so it doesn't shift 2 frames?
Nevermind, I will just put min and max frames in the adjacent seed finder to 3 for the time being, I'm assuming this is some kind of bug?

Hey I know this RNG abuse for B/W2 is all still being researched, but I need to address a major problem I'm experiencing with the game's PIDRNG.

So I've managed to calibrate my new parameters for White 2, and they work about 10% of the time I turn on the game since the timer's min and max has changed drastically. That's no big deal for me right now in catching pokemon with the stats I need. However, I need to rely on the PIDRNG in order to find the natures and genders I want my wild pokemon to specifically have, and I've managed to achieve getting those desired natures and such in the first White game. I know that you can move the PID frame up with various actions like saving the game, using Chatot's chatter, and sometimes waiting for NPCs to move or talking to them. But in White 2, none of that works. NONE OF IT!

I've tried it all. Whenever I landed on the right seed I wanted, I first tried waiting for the NPCs to move a bit and then search the grass for my pokemon, but no matter how many times the NPC moves on the specific time I start the game, the wild pokemon I find is always the same species, nature and gender that I keep finding when I don't let the NPC move first. So then I tried saving my game to advance the PID frame. 10 times later, I keep finding the same pokemon with the same gender, nature and species. Afterward, I decided to just trade my chatot into the new game and use the chatter trick to advance that sucker once and for all. But in the end, nothing changes. I still come into contact with that same pokemon as I do without the chatot's help, and I had my chatot squawk up to 21-30 different times to see if anything would finally change.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong! The stats manage to be good everytime, but if I can't get that pokemon to stop hitting the same quirky nature everytime I try, it becomes pointless! Could it have something to do with my current progress in the game? So far I have my C-gear, and I defeated the first gym leader. Perhaps I'm still missing a component that is necessary to get the PID moving in my favor. So is anybody else experiencing this problem too?

EDIT: I researched my problem a little further, and discovered that my PIDRNG does change when I use Chatot's chatter after all. Unfortunately, it only shifts the PID once, and by the second chatter, the PID resets back to the stating frame.

What I did was try landing on a particular seed to catch a low level Purrloin with excellent IVs. Whenever I succeeded in landing on that seed, once I entered the grass and encountered a wild pokemon, I always found a Quirky natured female Purrloin with the Unburden ability and the high IVs I was going for. This was how it always worked when I didn't try to move the PID. Now when I landed on that same seed, next I tried chattering just once, and then the next pokemon I found was another Purrloin, except now it had a modest nature, the unburden ability, was male, and still had all the same good IVs as the previous purrloin. So when I reset and landed on that seed again, I next chattered twice. And then what I encountered in the wild was the same Purrloin as the first time I started the seed. That's right. It was the quirky, unburden, female Purrloin with the good ivs once again. So then I tried it all again with three chatters. I then encountered the male modest unburden purrloin with good ivs from the second time I tested the seed. Then when I chattered four times on the same seed, I found the quirky female purrloin again. And then with five chatters, it was the modest male again. And so on, and so on!

So what I'm experiencing is a PID advancing loop that never ends. I tried the experiment on three other different seeds, they all had the same repetitive result. This shouldn't be happening to my game, but it is, and it won't stop. All of these pokemon finds don't even line up on the rng reporter, so I'm really confused about this problem. This needs to be resolved soon, and I'd really like to know if anybody else is experiencing this looping problem with wild pokemon.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
What about eggs? If you mean B/W2 eggs they're not supported.

Basically, every time you try to hit a seed for breeding, no matter what it's supposed to be it gets screwed over by an unrelated seed that was created when you started the game. So, a lot of it ends up unabusable.
Ah, ok. That sucks =(

@ Hotdogturtle Entralink is much easier now.
Hmm, I wonder if I should just Entralink some DW Pokemon instead of breeding them (if I don't need egg moves). Is there a guide for this now?

I've noticed the PIDRNG frames change depending on what type of encounter it is (stationary, wild, etc,) So I am curious if Dreamyard latias is considered stationary legend when it isnt exactly stationary and the battle is entered w/ out choice once stepping on a specific spot, would it be still be considered a stationary encounter? I am curious because I think I am having trouble with the PIDRNG advancing from NPC's and I want to make sure stationary is the right selection in RNGReporter so I can tell where I am being shifted on the PIDRNG

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've noticed the PIDRNG frames change depending on what type of encounter it is (stationary, wild, etc,) So I am curious if Dreamyard latias is considered stationary legend when it isnt exactly stationary and the battle is entered w/ out choice once stepping on a specific spot, would it be still be considered a stationary encounter? I am curious because I think I am having trouble with the PIDRNG advancing from NPC's and I want to make sure stationary is the right selection in RNGReporter so I can tell where I am being shifted on the PIDRNG
it's a stationary encounter, however, there is a WNPC in the double grass who turns randomly, and throws off the PIDRNG.

Walking around the exact same way on a single seed should give you the same number of advancements, but that's a more clunky way of doing it and requires getting it exact, which is bound to cause even more issues than Chatot did. You can try if you get desperate and don't have a Chatot, but good luck if you do.
Using repels continuously won't get you exact steps?
I was hoping if a shiny is on a PID frame of 1000+ I could just let super repels do the counting for me until the final stretch? (Or does turning and moving at the same time count as 4 instead of 2, thus forcing me to keep track of how many times I turned while repels count my steps?)

I'm not doing the SID thing which is supposed to make shinies easier, so my PID frames should be way up there as far as I understand. Though the only shiny I might be interested in getting is Terrakion.

Thanks for your help.

Also, has anyone yet made a list of routes in BW2 with no wandering NPCs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)