1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!
  4. Ever find yourself missing out on the latest Smogon articles? We've now got a subscription service, so the newest articles (of your choice) are delivered right to your inbox! Check it out here.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. LudwiG

LudwiG

The first pokécenter works. Maybe another one is better, but I never had any problems there.
  2. PortugueseFalkner

PortugueseFalkner

Castelia's, I guess
  3. funeral_cake

funeral_cake

I like the use the Poke Center in Aspertia City. Even though it does have a moving NPC, that NPC can also be used to verify your seed, which is nice. If she's facing a certain way and/or does certain movements, you know you've hit the right seed. Plus, it's not exactly difficult to adjust for her frame advancements.
  4. Cefiro

Cefiro

Do I need to know my ID/SID to get shiny Pokes?

And if it helps a lot or is necessary, what's the easiest way to find out either of those things?
  5. funeral_cake

funeral_cake

Yes, you need to know your ID and SID to get shiny Pokemon.

The best way to find out your SID is to upload a Pokemon to Pokecheck.
  6. Darki

Darki

Is it possible that more than one timer0 may be created at a specific date/time? I try to reset the wondercard Genesect and I even get three or four several iv/nature spreads, but I never hit my desired one..
  7. Cefiro

Cefiro

I haven't touched Diamond in ages, but I still have a Celebi to be picked up from the delivery bro.

Last I remember for GenIV Wondercards, you had to keep on resetting until you got the nature you wanted by pure chance. Is it still like this, or can the nature of a Wondercard Poke be calculated in advance somehow now? Is there some sort of PIDRNG method in GenIV is basically what I'm asking I guess.
  8. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Yes, that's normal. Just keep trying, and make sure there aren't any moving NPCs messing with your frame.
    Use this thread for 4th gen questions. But no, natures are still random.
  9. Cefiro

Cefiro

My bad, but thanks.
    Sigh... my first Celebi took me forever, I'm not feeling up to going through all that again...
  10. cbeng

cbeng

Now I'm trying to RNG a hex flawless Bold Uxie in Black 2.

Seed: DFE7EBF29EAC8CDC
    IV Frame: 1
    Start Frame: 56
    Target Frame: 56
    Buttons: Select + Y
    Time: 10/19/2012 22:39:55

At this point, I started up the game at 22:39:54 for the 1 second delay I measured on my DS Lite. I held the appropriate buttons and immediately interacted with Uxie. After catching it, I found that it had all perfect IVs but it's nature was Calm. At this point, I realized I had to go to the seed inspector and change the type of pokemon to stationary and found that my pokemon is on frame 62 meaning 6 frames from my starting frame. However, the frame I ended up on without advancing the frame via Chatot was already 70. There were no NPCs around on-screen, so how did this happen? How do I fix this problem?
  11. PortugueseFalkner

PortugueseFalkner

How much does WNPC's on Nacrene City mess with RNG?
    @cbeng: wow, I'm trying to do the same thing, but I just can't hit my seed.
    BTW, I'm trying shiny with Calm nature. I guess there are 6 WNPC's on Nacrene.
  12. cbeng

cbeng

Oh, so even if they aren't onscreen, they can still affect it? Well that's great...
  13. PortugueseFalkner

PortugueseFalkner

I have no idea. Sorry
    And I found out that I didn't start 2 seconds earlier xD
  14. cbeng

cbeng

Well, I'm gonna make my life easier and catch a Bold Synchronizer then.

EDIT: Lol, the first thing I ran into was a Bold Synchronizer Elgyem.
  15. kiddu

kiddu

Yep, as long as they're in the same route/area.
  16. musicalbento

musicalbento

So, my next question is (now that I know NPCs mess up frames regardless) what's the best way to deal with NPCs and RNGing? I've never had to deal with this before so I'm new to it...do I just button mash and try to get into menus before NPCs have a chance to wreak havoc?
  17. PortugueseFalkner

PortugueseFalkner

Do you guys know something about Nacrene's NPC's?
  18. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

If you can, use Chatot pitches to find your frame, then button mash into the encounter before they can do anything else. Otherwise, you have to use trial and error - catch the Pokémon, figure out what frame you landed on, then adjust from there. Sweet Scent is tough either way, though, since they still move during the Sweet Scent animation, and the number of advances they do can vary depending on what frame you SS'd on, so you may even end up with an unhittable frame (though you can fix that by re-saving so they start from different positions).
    Well, there's a lot of them. What exactly were you looking for? Your question is pretty vague.
  19. PortugueseFalkner

PortugueseFalkner

How do I control them? And which of them mess with RNG?
  20. musicalbento

musicalbento

When you say "use chatot pitches" is there a tool of some sort to help you (I vaguely remember seeing a link to something like that about 20-30 pages back), or are you just gonna have to play it by ear? In short, how does one identify "low" "mid" "high" pitches?
  21. MMX

MMX

Record your voice at a high pitch. You'll be able to identify it easily.
  22. GSP

GSP

I'm trying to RNG a shiny Terrakion with the IVs 31/31/31/8/31/31. However, I can't seem to hit my frame 1. I end up getting a Terrakion with the nature I want (Jolly), but the IV spread of 22-23/6-7/29/6-9/16-17/4-5. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm using an English White 2 on a DS Lite.

Other useful info:
    Timer0: C91
    Seed: 78B64E2F55F971B5
    VCount: 50
    VFrame: 1
    GxStat: 6
  23. tyons

tyons

I found an error in the encounter table. in castelia city (location 1, in the table) it says that jigglypuff appears at level 15 and 16 with encounter slots 2 and 6 respectively, but it's wrong. it should be pidove, not jigglypuff.
  24. PoJ

PoJ

If you aren't getting the right IVs, that means you're missing your standard seed. So, you're either missing your timer0, your target time/date, or your keypresses. I would guess that you're missing your timer0 because in BW2 timer0 is always the main problem... but also make sure that you're entering the game one second before your target time.

If timer0 is the problem, just keep trying to hit your seed and you should eventually hit your target timer0. If you keep getting the same IV spread that isn't your target, find out which timer0 you're hitting using the adjacent seed tool, and use that timer0 in the time finder to find a new seed.
  25. Rhonder

Rhonder

Wanting to re-touch on my post and add a visual aid. Specifically this is the error message that i get when I try and close out of the RNG Profiles window:

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp39/Neji021/RNGBS.png

Because of that I'm not able to find my seed or anything. The weird part though is that 2 days ago it seemed to work fine, but as of yesterday I started having this message pop up and hinder me

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)