1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. un?lucky

un?lucky

Just a few questions in regards to rng'ing the mystery gift genesect that I'm hoping someone could help me with.

Is it possible to find IV frames under 50 for event pokemon? Looking through time finder the lowest frame I can find (over many years) is just over 55 for my target spread, is this normal or should I keep looking?

Also, do we know if entering through the pokecenter door affects the IVRNG in anyway? There's a wandering NPC inside there that makes using the PIRNG next to impossible when I need to advance the IV frames over 50.

Thanks in advance.

Oh and one last thing, is there an IV checker equivalent to BW1? Is he in the same spot?
  2. kiddu

kiddu

You're using a false assumption: unlike most other things, IVs and PIDs for wondercards are both determined by the same RNG. All you need to do for your Genesect is advance the PIDRNG, which means starting frames of 50+ and all you need are Chatot calls.

If you mean the guy in the Battle Subway, then yes, he's still there.
  3. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

Wondercards work only with the pid frames; you don't have to advance the iv frames at all

Saying that; you don't have to exit or enter the center at all

There is one but you need to beat the e4 first
  4. Philderbeast

Philderbeast

also the starting frame for wondercards is about 48 from memory
  5. Xanderpitz

Xanderpitz

First of all, when I RNG'd my Genesect I did it in Icirrus City or Undella Town where there were no NPCs. Idk what's available for you, but if you want to have a much easier time I recommend getting to those locations first. Second of all, you want to use the Adjacent Seed Tool, to check which Timer0 you hit (since it can fluctuate A LOT). Just make sure that you compare the number of advancements with Chatot you did to the starting PIDRNG frame in each seed, since different Timer0s have different seeds (and thus different starting frames). Lastly, the IV checker is still in the Battle Subway right by the entrance.

Also, I think my post was skipped (bottom of the last page).
  6. Rocket Boss Giovanni

Rocket Boss Giovanni

The first city in BW2 with no WNPCs is Castelia. That's where I did my Genesect.
  7. Xanderpitz

Xanderpitz

Ah, well as far as I remember there was a man turning in Castelia city Pokemon center, but that might just be me waiting to RNG and completing the storyline first.
  8. emboars

emboars

is the movement of npcs depend on pid frame...i mean for same seed they move similarly but if you advance the frame and then as soon as you quit the menu do they move differently than not advancing and quitting the menu ?

EDIT: im rnging a riolu in floccesy ranch and i stopped the npcs by battling the only moving npcs are now mareep....so my pid frame is 86 and i stopped chattoting at 85 then sweet scent...and i got a pokemon in 93 and when i adjust the advancements to hit my frame i get 89 ...please help so lost.....thanks in advance....and yes im getting the ivs correct...
  9. The Mole

The Mole

Been a while since I have posted here, just want to know how much has changed from BW in BW2

EDIT: Aside from the larger amount of timer0s
  10. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

The process is exactly the same, you just have to do it more because there's more Timer0s.
    Yes, NPC movement depends on the frame when you exit the menu. You may have to play around with the advances to get it to work, and if you find that the frame is totally unhittable, you can re-save and try again so they start from different positions.
    More Timer0, breeding is bugged, and Entralink no longer uses delay. Other than that, it's pretty similar.
  11. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Adjacents are two frames behind. Enter min/max frame of 3 for now.
  12. emboars

emboars

thx very much....got it... :D
  13. Xanderpitz

Xanderpitz

O hi Hozu. So, basically I'm doing everything right, just need to hit the right Timer0 each time?

EDIT: So, NPCs in BW1 would advance the PIDRNG by about 4 if i need to use Chatot, is that going to be the same in BW2 or will I need to adjust how much I use Chatot?
  14. lucariojr

lucariojr goodra will hunting
    is a Contributor to Smogon

If I accidentally let the spinner go (even for a split second) at the Unova Key menu, does it advance the RNG?
  15. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Depends on the area.
  16. Xanderpitz

Xanderpitz

Its on Route 23, I'm RNGing the Azelf for a flawless shiny spread. I know that on Route 3 whenever I did eggs it would advance it by 2 frames before I got up the X menu and 2 when I closed out of it and talked to the old man.

Idk about Route 23 though...

Here's the links to my spread in case you want them:
    http://i.imgur.com/eGFHx.png
    http://i.imgur.com/MyqWY.png
  17. Mavinal

Mavinal

Hey guys, I'm not 100% sure if this is the right area to post this question, but here goes. I was using PPRNG 1.12.0 fine a couple of months ago. Today I tried to search for egg seeds and kept getting the error that it would produce over 10,000 results. I narrowed my search down as much as I could and kept getting this error. I switched over to the newest version of PPRNG and am still getting this error. I also tried using several different pokemon and different IVs.

Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks.
  18. hotdogturtle

hotdogturtle

How does this work now?
  19. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

What exactly are you searching for, and how wide is your date range?

Like a standard seed, on IV Frame 25.
  20. Mavinal

Mavinal

I'm searching for a Shiny, near flawless Eevee, with no held buttons. I've tried the date range at 1 year and 1 month and got the same result. When I try at one day it starts to search but then freezes. I used to be able to search for 2-3 years at a time with almost identical specifications.

I also tried with different IV values with a Growlithe I had. It gave me the same problem.

Oh I should also note this is for Pokemon White 1.
  21. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

hmm, I've never had that issue. Why don't you post your issue in the PPRNG thread, and see if Chiizu knows what the issue could be.
  22. Mavinal

Mavinal

Ok I'll give that a shot. Thanks.
  23. Scorpion

Scorpion

How do I get RNG Reporter to generate adjacent seeds that all have the same frame but different Timer0's? I'm trying to abuse for a flawless Genesect, but I can never find the IV spread I hit in the Adjacent Seed Tool because all the adjacent seeds with different Timer0's have different frames too.
  24. Philderbeast

Philderbeast

the different frame numbers are in relation to different starting seeds, if you need to do say 9 advances then they will all be 9 advances from your starting frame.
  25. Loono

Loono

Hiya, needs some help with RNG shiny Kyurem.
    I literally only started RNG like a week ago. I have already RNG perfect IVs for Reshiram and non-shiny Kyurem on my W2. Also I RNGed perfect Ivs on all my wondercards on W1/2.

I still haven't caught Kyurem on W1 so wanted to rng a perfect shiny one. I got my secret ID from pokecheck.
    Right now I can get a shiny Kyurem and timid nature easily (synch).
    However the IV are always different.

On time finder capsule tab I used Standard seed method.
    My target frame for perfect IV is 91. My shiny frame is 255.
    I then copied my seed onto the main reporter and calculated starting frame 50.
    I confirmed the shiny by advancing 205 frames with chatots. However the IVs are not 31s. How do I make it both shiny and perfect Ivs?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)