1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

Though I understand it's broken in the current release, does RNG Reporter's Unova Link calibration feature require you to have a current save file like in PPRNG?
  2. Agonist

Agonist Even as I tear your fucking throat away.
    is a Forum Moderator

Yes, they can be shiny. And you should put Yancy's ID, and her SID is 0.
  3. Falleniris

Falleniris

any1 can help?
  4. Silverwarp

Silverwarp

I'm not sure what you're getting at. The only thing I can think of is you went one frame too far.

For example:

66 Low Timid 15 8 31 31 31 31
    67 High Bashful 8 31 31 31 31 31
    68 Mid-High Hasty 31 31 31 31 31 31

When flipping the Chatots, you want to hit where the pitch says high on Frame 67 and not on 68, as getting the High Pitch from Chatot "uses" frame 67 already and will use Frame 68 for the next action.

If that's not the case, you're going to need to be more specific and maybe put in a picture to make it more clear.
  5. Professor Birch

Professor Birch

Can I have a link for RNG in Platinum and Heart Gold. I need to go back to get some legends.
  6. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

not sure why you would ask for that here, but anyways. -Click Here-
  7. istore

istore

I posted this in the most generation RNG helpthread before I noticed the 5th gen rng help page.. so i will c/p it here. a mod can delete one if they feel it is necessary, my apologies

Here is my problem. I am playing Pokemon Black, and am currently trying to RNG a shiny Woobat

I am using a Synch and have it as my lead. I am doing the proper keypress and starting my game at the correct time (as I start it 1 second before and have RNGed non-shiny pokemon) and my Timer0 is correct. There are also not any roaming NPCs (I am in Wellspring Cave). My Shiny Frame is 58, and I have 2 Chatots, I go back and forth counting to 58 chatter cries and then use Sweet Scent. If I find a Swoobat, it is not shiny and does not have the desired IVs. Can anyone help me determine what the issue might be?
  8. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

First off, if you're not getting the right IVs, you're not hitting your seed.

Second, you don't need to do 58 chatters; copy the seed in the main page of the reporter, select the correct type of RNG (Gen 5 PIDRNG), select that you have a syncronizer and the nature of it, fill out the ID/SID, and then on the right of the reporter click on Calculate initial PIDRNG, click generate.

The frame that appears on top will be your starting frame, and you just need to advance from there.
  9. istore

istore

Okay, I didn't realize that.. that explains a lot. I will give all of that a try and get back to you on the results!

e]Starting Frame is 47 so that does mean 47 Chatot Chatters, correct? Or do I have to walk 128 x 46steps? Just don't want to make continuous errors.
  10. kiddu

kiddu

It means you need 11 more to hit frame 58.
  11. istore

istore

Oh.. so I only need to chatter 11 times.. my mind was not thinking of it like that. I appreciate it!

It worked! I'm so happy!
  12. Deszaras

Deszaras

Ok, interesting, after some tests on other dates and times, I've found out that Tornadus has always the same IVs and nature. What does this mean? I'm a bit confused.
  13. honchkro13

honchkro13

Did you save after releasing it? The nature and IVs are set when its released.
  14. religiousjedi

religiousjedi Destiny likes to use #The in everything.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Tornadus is seeded right after you encounter it when exiting the old lady's house. In other words, if it is already roaming, the IVs and nature are already set.
  15. Deszaras

Deszaras

Darn it... someway to change this?
  16. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

You can re-generate it by KOing it and beating Alder, but since its IVs are set at the end of that battle (where the frame has been advancing at 120 fps), it's basically impossible to do on a retail cart. Your only other option is to restart the game.
  17. Deszaras

Deszaras

That's annoying, I guess I'll just catch it how it is... but it is right, that a roamer can mess with the RNG results of other mons?
  18. TheAllyKat

TheAllyKat

The Timer0 value is very obviously a millisecond count of when the DS game is launched.

Is there a better timer program than EON Timer? EON Timer beeps as warning you are approaching your time but to hit Timer0 values... I am looking for one that beeps when time is up and ONLY when time is up.

Never mind... found the gear button for adjusting settings. This should help a lot having it only beep the moment it hits the mark as well as flash.
  19. Perfect Cell

Perfect Cell

Is the Heatran in Reversal Mountain shiny-blocked or something? I checked my SID via Pokecheck, checked the frame it was on, it had the correct IVs and timer0, but it does not appear to be shiny. Unless my SID is wrong, help?
  20. religiousjedi

religiousjedi Destiny likes to use #The in everything.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

There is no shiny block on Heatran. Double check your TID/SID combo.
  21. emboars

emboars

by cutting that phrase you mean ?
  22. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Also, check if you were actually hitting the correct PID frame.
  23. joejones6

joejones6

I am trying to RNG a wild pokemon
    and even tho i am correctly entering the game at the right time,
    i keep getting the incorrect seed.

The timer0 It says im calibrated with is C7B

After getting the exact same wrong pokemon for a while
    i checked adjacent seeds and it is that what I am hitting
    the adjacent seed uses timer0 of C7C

does anyone know how I can go around this problem
    or do i have to recalibrate?

thank you
  24. kiddu

kiddu

This is completely normal. Keep trying and you'll hit your target eventually. That's all you can do.

...Well, that, or try to find a seed using the other timer0 if you're impatient.
  25. joejones6

joejones6

Ok thank you. I've RNG'd a lot on this game and have never had problems with the timer0. I'll just keep trying

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. Tatertot