1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Uiru

Uiru

Has the Unova Link calibration in RNG Reporter been fixed or will that be in 96.5?

Thanks.
    ~Uiru
  2. jp134711

jp134711

i too have the same question as emboars above. Can Yancy's pokemon ever be shiny?
  3. Ashigaru

Ashigaru

Is a Sweet Scent user absolutely necessary to calibrate for B2/W2, or can I also calibrate off a stationary legend like Cobalion?
  4. jp134711

jp134711

Yes, you can do that. Just remember that when you're actually RNGing the cobalion to account for the NPC (pkmn ranger) to the right of it. Otherwise, you're fine. Use a masterball to catch Cobalion during calibration, as it will make the process faster.
  5. SwampertGirl

SwampertGirl

Since the Sandstorm raises the frame by 60 per second (and there's no known way of getting rid of it), what would be a good frame range?

Also, would the Sandstorm continue to increase the frame when in the menu and during the encounter?
  6. kiddu

kiddu

@Uiru: Not until there's a new release.

NPCs like that Ranger that move on a set path don't count. It's all the other NPCs on that route that randomly turn/move that you've got to account for.
  7. jp134711

jp134711

^Thanks for clarifying kiddu!
  8. Ice-Master

Ice-Master

Wondering if anyone can help me.
    I just got the RNG (I am using RNG Reporter 9.96.4 Beta) abuser and am trying to set my parameters. I imput all the information and IV and everything. I hit 'Search' in the Seed Encryption Variables section, and get that information, but nothing else happens. I've googled and looked at guides for answers but I cant find the answer, I even read the guide here on Smogon. I dont know what Im supposed to do to get anything to show up in the Results box. I would appreciated greatly if anyone could help me.
  9. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Increase the search ranges. VCount is around 80ish IIRC on a DS phat/lite.
  10. Musica

Musica

Are you playing B/W or B2/W2? Please provide more information.

DS used: DS Phat/Lite, DSi/DSi XL, or 3DS
    Game played: Black, White, Black 2, or White 2

How many WNPCs are there in Nacrene City on B2W2?
  11. Agonist

Agonist You were my last great war, you were my heaven ablaze
    is a Forum Moderator

I don't think it's known if they can be.
  12. Ice-Master

Ice-Master

Sorry, Its White Version on a DS Phat.
  13. musicmeister

musicmeister

Is there a guide here for hidden grotto?
  14. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

I found this to be quite useful
  15. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

Is there an issue with the current RNGReporter release and BW1 egg frames? I'm finding I'm plagued by having to set my minimum RNG advances to 3 instead of the usual 2 when RNGing eggs in BW1, and even then it's somewhat inconsistent.
  16. musicmeister

musicmeister

Thanks!
  17. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

The default parameter search range would yield your seed if you did the calibration process correctly. Check to make sure the date/time entered is when you start the game from the DS menu.
  18. Ice-Master

Ice-Master

I have, I've repeated the process 4 times now.
    I have the Reporter and the DS on the same date 11/5/12 (I did this yesterday).
    I have the time, I even tested it out as +/- 1 second in case I was off.

I dont know what I could've done wrong.

Edit: After reading this again, Im wondering something. When you say 'start the game from the DS Menu" does that mean the time I put into the Reporter is from the DS boot menu, or when I start the game after the 'C-Gear on or off' menu?

EDIT 2: I got it to work. I was marking the time form after when it asks for the C gear. Thank you for the help.
  19. kiddu

kiddu

20. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

Thank you, Kiddu.
  21. LudwiG

LudwiG

How do I manipulate Yancy's pokémon?
  22. jp134711

jp134711

THe Agonist mentioned it earlier. In RNGReporter, set ID to Yancy's ID (10303) and SID to 0.

Also choose encounter type "Gift Pokemon".

From my experience trying to manipulate Yancy's pokemon, it's really not worth RNGing. the PID frame advances way too fast (my initial frame was 59 and as soon as i pull up the menu, i'm at 110-120 range). I managed to RNG it, but there's really not anything significant about the pokemon (they don't have any good egg moves). Better to just soft-reset for the DW female and breed them.
  23. LudwiG

LudwiG

What advances the PID frame?
    It should be possible to RNG for iv's and retry until you get either female or whatever nature you want (same as entralink abuse).
  24. jp134711

jp134711

There are quite a number of NPCs in the area.

Right I never said it was impossible. I did it myself twice...read my post carefully...
  25. Benefactor

Benefactor

Hello everyone, I'm having issues with Entralink RNGing in Black 2 and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

I've been following religiousjedi's guide to a tee, and although I'm using RNG Reporter instead of PPRNG the concepts are still extremely helpful. My problem right now is that I can't even come close to hitting the right PIDRNG frame. I'm consistently getting the right IVs and Chatot pitches, so I know hitting my seed/timer0 isn't the problem. I'm turning on my timer right as I get into the Entralink and entering the "battle" with my target right when RNG Reporter says I should. According to the nature and characteristics I'm getting, I'm not missing by a few seconds but rather a few minutes. I could see where I would have to adjust for a few advances here and there but being off by this much just leaves me scratching my head.

Here are the details, if any are relevant:

- Catching a female Alomomola. I have two others in the Entralink but they've been moved to the deepest clearing.

- I'm confirming my seed by listening to 4 Chatot chatters, and adjusting the starting frame in the RNG Reporter main window 4 frames forward to compensate.

- I've saved in the Pokemon League where there should be no wandering NPCs or weather effects.

- I'm not starting the game with the C-Gear on, and I'm skipping the opening animation of it by mashing X to open the menu.

- Tried several seeds, all with the same problem.

Here is the setup I have in the main window:

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

If there are any ideas or further questions about what I'm doing feel free to reply, thanks! This looks like a good thread and I'll try to help out when I can as well.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

1. $teele