1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

How difficult is it to rng the shiny Nature preserve Haxorus and the Dreamyard's Latios?
  2. Sparko33

Sparko33

I think we just found a mistake in the RNG reporter lol turns out that frame isn't synchronize-able, frame 72 is the one I wanted to hit for the right Axew, so I assumed that frame 48 was my starting frame, did 24 chatters, and I finally hit the Adamant Mold Breaker Axew I wanted on frame 72.

Basically frame 48 on this particular seed is just a modest nature that shouldn't be bolded.
  3. upliftingmaster

upliftingmaster

I have a problem with RNG in black2.I tried many times and i'm disappointed.Maybe the problem is the timer0.In B/W 2 timer0 gets multiple values, I've calibrate several times and gives me prices from 1103-1108 for the moment.
    From what I understand you should do tests with different values ​​of timer0 until you find one that will give you the most positive resultes.To odd cases is that there is seed that sometimes they are doing your job and sometimes not,in making you unable to find the right timer0.Specific example on my DS Lite my timer0 = 1106 and seed (1/16/13 - 22:59:53) in Stationary pokemon,worked 2 times (I chek it by grasping it with Master ball and because of that I did not save), and after that the RNG method never worked again for none seed of this 'timer0' value.
  4. kiddu

kiddu

That's timer0 trolling. It'll happen. You're going to have to live with it.
  5. Agonist

Agonist You were my last great war, you were my heaven ablaze
    is a Forum Moderator

Haxorus is easy as fuck, since there aren't any WNPCs. Dreamyard has one, so I'd recommend you battle him first before saving in front of Latios.
  6. FSLAR

FSLAR

In Black, does Sweet Scent advance the frame? And if so by how many?
  7. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

It doesn't.
  8. FSLAR

FSLAR

This also applies to PID/Shiny Frames right? As in, I do it once, and if my PID/Shiny frame is 538, I can still do 538 chatters to get to it?
  9. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

No, you need to find your initial starting frame (I have no idea how it works in RNGR, but it should be between 35-60), then do the difference in chatot flips. However, if you're in an area with WNPCs, they'll throw it off.
  10. FSLAR

FSLAR

Baw, that bites. I was hoping I could use it confirm that I hit my seed, and then advance like normal. I know my starting frame, but I just need a way to confirm the seed before advancements.
  11. kiddu

kiddu

Chatot calls already do that.

And even though Sweet Scent itself doesn't advance the frame, the ensuing battle does so uncontrollably, so you couldn't do it that way, anyway.
  12. FSLAR

FSLAR

So the frames it advances by is random each time? Even if it is the same battle each time?
  13. kiddu

kiddu

I'm guessing you're thinking it's the same as HG/SS, where it'd advance by a specific number after the battle ended.

It's not. The frame continuously advances throughout the battle, like delay.
  14. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

Also, are there any Pokemon Centers without moving npcs in BW2 for wonder cards?
  15. religiousjedi

religiousjedi #ZELDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Nimbasa City.
  16. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

Or Castelia, which has the added benefit of being earlier.
  17. Ashenlock

Ashenlock

If Unova Link calibration doesn't work, is there an easier way to find my newly started Black 2's parameters than by getting to a point in the story where wild encounters' stats are specific enough to do regular calibration? That's what I did when I RNG'd the TID/SID of BW1, and it took a little while (and may not have been necessary). I'm trying to RNG a Genesect in a fresh cart and start it over with a calculated TID/SID.
  18. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

As soon as you get the C-Gear, you can use Pokécheck to get exact IVs for calibration.
  19. Shenlong_88

Shenlong_88

So I haven't RNGed anything since HG/SS and am now trying to RNG a few things in White, but I can't even get my calibration parameters. These are my steps with an arbitrary time (using a 3DS btw)

1. I'm saved right in front of Volcarona
    2. Settings > time > synced my 3DS clock to my computer's at 11/11/12 1:08:00 AM
    3. Turn off my 3DS
    4. Turn on my 3DS and wait until 1:09:00 to enter the game (Not pressing any buttons until the shooting star animation)
    5. Enter the game (without turning on C-gear) and immediately battle Volcarona, capture, and enter its stats into the RNG reporter
    6. I enter 11/11/12 1:09:00 for the time, and set the DS parameters to White, English, 3DS, and enter the MAC address
    7. I hit search

13/14 times I've tried this, I got no results, only once did I get the following

Actual seconds: 6
    Vcount: 88
    Vframe: 3
    time0 min 12cc
    time0 max 12cc
    gxstat: 6

However, I tried using these results, entering the game 6 seconds earlier than what reporter tells me, but I'm not hitting the right spread. I've also tried to enter these results in the parameter finder to see what seed I actually did hit, but I never get any results either.

Can anyone see what's wrong? Or is there a way to widen my search? I've changed the min/max seconds in the search for more than just 10 seconds, but I haven't gotten any results from this either,

Edit: I'm using reporter 9.96.5 beta and my MAC address is 58-BD-A3-32-C2-AE
  20. Ashenlock

Ashenlock

Thank you, but it seems that my ISP blocks Pokecheck. I had had similar problems with connecting to Pokecheck in the past. My android is out of power, but when it charges I can try to connect through it instead? (if I'm not misunderstanding how this works.)

Supposing that that doesn't work either, what is an appropriate level for gauging IVs in BW2?

EDIT: Possibly my problems come from Nintendo's side, since it is error 13275 (It isn't that it won't let me use GTS, it simply won't let me connect via wifi).
  21. Uiru

Uiru

If you have another game and another (3)DS(i) you can catch a Pokémon at Lv. 11-12 in Virbank Complex and trade it and figure out its IVs there (Rare Candies, Judge, hidden power guy, etc).
    ~Uiru
  22. Ashenlock

Ashenlock

Hmm, that's a good idea. I'm used to not saving after I catch the Pokémon for calibration, but when it's very weak Pokémon anyway, it won't be a problem. I can just trade them at once and get all my estimates.
  23. musicalbento

musicalbento

Would you all say it's easier to Dream World RNG on B/W2 or B/W? Or is it about the same?
  24. Uiru

Uiru

I haven't done it yet, but BW has timers and iffy nature hitting and BW2 only has Timer0 trolling (which you can sort out with Chatot pitches) so I'm going to say BW2.

Which sucks because both of my games have leftover Arceus' I need to get. :/
    ~Uiru
  25. Ashenlock

Ashenlock

What's a good early area to start catching Pokémon for calibration in BW2? Is it alright if I use routes with wandering NPCs if I always open the menu as quickly as possible and get into battle at the same time for each attempt?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)

1. EnGarde