5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Thank you, I got it done at last. I incurred another problem trying to manipulate my TID/SID though:

Highlighted is one of the desired seeds I attempted to hit while trying to remember how I did it in the original Black. In the Seed Finder field is one of the various TIDs that resulted from my attempts which didn't yield any relevant results, no matter how broad the search. I tried this originally with 28 as the initial frame, then used Calculate Initial frame to get these seeds.

I've looked through the conversation I had the first time I did BW TID/SID manipulation, and I seem to be doing it in what eventually turned out to be the right way, but none of the TIDs are even close, if there are even any results at all. I'm just starting the game at the right time with the right press and going through the intro stuff without re-writing my name so that I can find my starting frame. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have 2 quick questions:

1) Are there Wandering NPCs in Victory Road (any area) in BW2?

2) Is there a list somewhere that tells where Wandering NPCs are located in BW2?

Thanks in advance.
1: Yes, there are.

2: I've got a partial list right here, however it's only accurate for W2.

If I just wait for the 3DS clock to roll over to the next minute, then load the game immediately after it does, is that accurate enough to consistently get a seconds value of 0, or do I need to keep track of the time separately?

I'm currently trying to go for a perfect IVs shiny Joltik in Chargestone Cave in White, and I've tried a few times and it is shiny, but it doesn't have the IVs I want. What could I be doing wrong?

I've heard of people finding their parameters immediately after getting their starter in B/W2. With no Rare Candies, PokéCheck, or any way to check IVs, how can I do this?
Yes, I'm one of those people. Like how you normally calibrate your DS, simply know the exact time you enter the game. Use the Find DS Parameter function. Go into the game and get your starter and use the calculate stats from IV function. Hopefully, your starter will have a stat that has a small range of IVs, which will make your search easier.

The other issue you'll have is that there is a range of VCount and VFrame. This is the main reason why it's hard to use the starters to find the parameters (it creates too many possibilities). For DSLite, the VCount is 82 and VFrame is 6 (it wasn't until I got this information that I was able to find my Timer0s). I'm not sure about other systems. Hopefully, you'll have find the appropriate parameters. From my experience, the Pokemon White 2 Timer0 is somewhere between 10F2 to 10F6 and Black 2 is 1103 to 1107.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, I got it done at last. I incurred another problem trying to manipulate my TID/SID though:

Highlighted is one of the desired seeds I attempted to hit while trying to remember how I did it in the original Black. In the Seed Finder field is one of the various TIDs that resulted from my attempts which didn't yield any relevant results, no matter how broad the search. I tried this originally with 28 as the initial frame, then used Calculate Initial frame to get these seeds.

I've looked through the conversation I had the first time I did BW TID/SID manipulation, and I seem to be doing it in what eventually turned out to be the right way, but none of the TIDs are even close, if there are even any results at all. I'm just starting the game at the right time with the right press and going through the intro stuff without re-writing my name so that I can find my starting frame. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
The initial frame is not 28. I think it varies and I had gotten results for 35 and 37 as the initial frame. Whatever it is, you might want to increase your Max frame in the seed finder. You should also narrow the min/max sec to the second you hit (or +/- 1 second).

The other thing is that you might be hitting the other timer0s. Whatever your profile is, it will search for that timer0. Change you timer0s around in your profile to see if you hit any other ones.

Then use the seed hit function. Hope that works.

I've been trying to get some shinies in B/W 1, and whenever I hit the frame, it isn't Shiny. It has the IVs, nature and ability but not shiny.

Yes, I'm one of those people. Like how you normally calibrate your DS, simply know the exact time you enter the game. Use the Find DS Parameter function. Go into the game and get your starter and use the calculate stats from IV function. Hopefully, your starter will have a stat that has a small range of IVs, which will make your search easier.

The other issue you'll have is that there is a range of VCount and VFrame. This is the main reason why it's hard to use the starters to find the parameters (it creates too many possibilities). For DSLite, the VCount is 82 and VFrame is 6 (it wasn't until I got this information that I was able to find my Timer0s). I'm not sure about other systems. Hopefully, you'll have find the appropriate parameters. From my experience, the Pokemon White 2 Timer0 is somewhere between 10F2 to 10F6 and Black 2 is 1103 to 1107.

Hope this helps.
Thanks! I'll be on a 3DS XL... I have no idea what the VCount and VFrame is on them (if anyone else does, please let me know). If I can get this info from someone, then should I be good to find my parameters with 1 iteration of getting my starter if I sort through the list and discount the results with an invalid VCount or VFrame, or is success still an uncertainty (possibly depending on getting a starter with a small range of IVs in at least 1 stat as you said, etc.)?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I've been trying to get some shinies in B/W 1, and whenever I hit the frame, it isn't Shiny. It has the IVs, nature and ability but not shiny.
Most likely it's one of two things. Either 1) you actually hit a different nearby frame with the same nature and ability or 2) you used the wrong ID/SID.
Regarding Azelf, are there no wandering NPCs, and is he treated as a stationary, like all others?
It's a stationary, and I got no extra advancements when I did mine.

I've been trying to get a shiny crustle(Stationary) in seaside cave, pokemon black 2. I had somehow manage to get the iv, nature and ability but it is not shiny. Can anyone help me?
Anyway is it necessary to add the ID and SID when searching for the ds parameter?
If yes do I need to caliberate again / just add the ID and SID in profile?
Thanks guys I appreciate your help

I have RNG Reporter 9.95 BETA, the newest version doesn't work on my computer, probably because its made for windows 7/8, and I'm still using XP. My question is, will this version of RNG that I'm using still be useful for RNGing in my Black 2 game? I only plan to do the legends, since everything else is easier done in Black. Also, do you think that a XP compatible version of the new RNG reporter will come out?

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
I recently received the shiny charm for capture all pokemon nationaldex (except meloetta) but don't see any option for it in profile editor in newest version though I do see a checkbox for memory link. Has this been taken into consideration yet and expected to be updated of not already?

Silverwarp said:
The initial frame is not 28. I think it varies and I had gotten results for 35 and 37 as the initial frame. Whatever it is, you might want to increase your Max frame in the seed finder. You should also narrow the min/max sec to the second you hit (or +/- 1 second).

The other thing is that you might be hitting the other timer0s. Whatever your profile is, it will search for that timer0. Change you timer0s around in your profile to see if you hit any other ones.

Then use the seed hit function. Hope that works.
The thing is, even when I put the result in Seed Finder and search, I never get any results, even when I individually change my minimum Timer0's to the three other Timer0's I got when calibrating. This leads me to think that there is a fundamental, obvious step I'm missing, so if anyone is interested I'll outline what I do:

1) Set up my profile. (I know it has what is at least sometimes the right Timer0 because I got the target Genesect earlier)
2) Search for TID "00199" and nothing else in the left column, and the default settings in the right column (min/max 28/40), except for "calculate min frame" sometimes checked. (but the problem persists either way)
3) Find a result, choose one where the initial frame/target frame are identical.
4) Set up Date/Time on DS Lite and start the game appropriately, with the right keypresses, then skip through the cutscenes after the Gamefreak logo animation begins.
5) Select New Game, press A through everything, name the characters without saying "No" at any point, press A through until gaining control of the character.
6) Flip Trainer card to get TID. Put TID into Seed Finder, as well as the time-related data and min/max frames. (The min/max seconds/frames are broadened drastically if there are no results, and there are only occasionally results even then, with completely different seconds and target frames lower than initial fames)
7) Get no results, do #4-#6 and receive a different result every time, none of which give any result however broad or narrow the Seed Finder search.

I have RNG Reporter 9.95 BETA, the newest version doesn't work on my computer, probably because its made for windows 7/8, and I'm still using XP. My question is, will this version of RNG that I'm using still be useful for RNGing in my Black 2 game?
No.

Also, do you think that a XP compatible version of the new RNG reporter will come out?
It's already been announced to, but it's going to be a long while.

First of all, THANK YOU The Agonist for your list, that's just perfect :D
And my second point, if I'm rng breeding on my black edition for my white2 game, do I have to use the white2 id/sid only for shininess or also for dreamworld ability?

I am having an issue with finding my DS parameters in White 2. Whenever I plug in all the information and search, I never receive any results.

I'm not sure what is causing my lack of results. I am not completed with my game and caught a level 27 woobat, however the IVs are accurate as I posted them onto pokecheck.

I am having an issue with finding my DS parameters in White 2. Whenever I plug in all the information and search, I never receive any results.

I'm not sure what is causing my lack of results. I am not completed with my game and caught a level 27 woobat, however the IVs are accurate as I posted them onto pokecheck.
It looks like the ranges for VCount and Timer0 are off. It's supposed to default to 70-90 for VCount and 10E0-1130 for Timer0, give those ranges a try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)