5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Ok, so I managed to get a shiny timid virizion as I was trying to get, however, I am a little bit confused about (IV) 'frames' in RNG Reporter.
I'm pretty sure everywhere says to set the frame min and max to be 1 in the time finder. however, I kept finding that the virizion I was getting was on frame 3 (or 4)
I am literally just turning the game on with the specified key held, loading with no c-gear, then pressing x as fast as possible to get to the menu, listen to a few chatters to get to the right PID frame then interacted with the pokemon.
I was getting the same IV's as when I wasn't doing chatter (as expected), but I am still kinda confused about the frames thing in the adjacent seed tool. Because the IV's I want which are meant to be on frame 3 for Timer0 = 10F4 are apparently on frame 4 for the same timer0...

Ok, so I managed to get a shiny timid virizion as I was trying to get, however, I am a little bit confused about (IV) 'frames' in RNG Reporter.
I'm pretty sure everywhere says to set the frame min and max to be 1 in the time finder. however, I kept finding that the virizion I was getting was on frame 3 (or 4)
I am literally just turning the game on with the specified key held, loading with no c-gear, then pressing x as fast as possible to get to the menu, listen to a few chatters to get to the right PID frame then interacted with the pokemon.
I was getting the same IV's as when I wasn't doing chatter (as expected), but I am still kinda confused about the frames thing in the adjacent seed tool. Because the IV's I want which are meant to be on frame 3 for Timer0 = 10F4 are apparently on frame 4 for the same timer0...
That's happening because BW2 IV frame 1 is the same as BW1 IV frame 3. Everything else is adjusted to tell the two apart, but the Adjacent Seed tool isn't yet. So, for now, just set your min/max IV frame in the Adjacent Seed tool to 3.

I'm looking to start to RNG in Hidden Grottos, but I don't understand quite how to check the other grottos without causing them to regenerate. Wouldn't the steps taken to travel around all the grottos cause some of them to regenerate? Can someone explain it to me, how they did it?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm looking to start to RNG in Hidden Grottos, but I don't understand quite how to check the other grottos without causing them to regenerate. Wouldn't the steps taken to travel around all the grottos cause some of them to regenerate? Can someone explain it to me, how they did it?
You want all the other Grottoes to be filled up in the order of this list, or just have all of them filled. Then you remove whatever is in the Grotto you wish to RNG, and proceed to RNG what you want in there.

You want all the other Grottoes to be filled up in the order of this list, or just have all of them filled. Then you remove whatever is in the Grotto you wish to RNG, and proceed to RNG what you want in there.
Thanks. Would you just keep playing until the grottos filled up, or is there anyway to fill them up quicker?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
You can use the Grotto Pass Power (I think that's what it's called), and it gives you a higher chance of regenerating something, but otherwise just keep playing for a while, and they'll fill up.

Alternately I suppose you could RNG something into whatever Grotto isn't filled.

When attempting to RNG for the gift Magikarp given to you on Marvellous bridge in Pokemon White 1, what are the exact steps necessary that need to be done?

Here's what I'm doing:
I'm in the time finder, chose IV's (Standard seed) for the method.
Encounter Type: Gift
Min/Max Frames 1/1
I chose the IV Spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31 and an Impish Nature from the drop box on the right.
I chose all the months of 2012 to search as well, while leaving everything else unticked.
I generated my results, copied the seed I liked to the clipboard.

Then I went to the main RNG window, clicked Method: Gen 5 PIDRNG
Encounter Type: Gift Pokemon
Clicked 'Calculate initial PIDRNG frame'
and I Generated my results

Starting Frame was 46, the Impish Nature I wanted was on frame 51, I did my 5 advancements ingame using Chatot (multiple times) and I keep getting the same flawless speed (only) spread with the same nature as well (not impish).

what am I doing wrong? :x

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
When attempting to RNG for the gift Magikarp given to you on Marvellous bridge in Pokemon White 1, what are the exact steps necessary that need to be done?

Here's what I'm doing:
I'm in the time finder, chose IV's (Standard seed) for the method.
Encounter Type: Gift
Min/Max Frames 1/1
I chose the IV Spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31 and an Impish Nature from the drop box on the right.
I chose all the months of 2012 to search as well, while leaving everything else unticked.
I generated my results, copied the seed I liked to the clipboard.

Then I went to the main RNG window, clicked Method: Gen 5 PIDRNG
Encounter Type: Gift Pokemon
Clicked 'Calculate initial PIDRNG frame'
and I Generated my results

Starting Frame was 46, the Impish Nature I wanted was on frame 51, I did my 5 advancements ingame using Chatot (multiple times) and I keep getting the same flawless speed (only) spread with the same nature as well (not impish).

what am I doing wrong? :x
You did the process correctly (but note that if you're not searching for a shiny, anything you enter in Time Finder besides the IVs is irrelevant). If the IVs are wrong, you're not hitting your seed. Assuming you've successfully RNG'd before, you're likely just repeatedly hitting the wrong Timer0.

To rng in the entralink (black 2) in rng reporter I should put 2 in the frame for the iv rng, and for the pid I should assume that the initial frame it's 26, also there are NPC that affect the rng in the entralink?

You did the process correctly (but note that if you're not searching for a shiny, anything you enter in Time Finder besides the IVs is irrelevant). If the IVs are wrong, you're not hitting your seed. Assuming you've successfully RNG'd before, you're likely just repeatedly hitting the wrong Timer0.

yeah apparently I wasn't hitting my intended seed multiple times. I managed to get it this morning on the first try finally, I guess I'm more of a morning person ^^
thanks for the help!

I'm failing at calibrating my 3DS to RNG in my French version of Black 2.
After 15-20 tries the DS parameter finder never returned anything (I even desesperately tried to hold L+R instead of not touching anything before Nintendo logo).

I saw that information are still needed to get RNG abuse possible in French White 2 but nothing is said about Black 2 so I assumed that it should work.

Should I have to wait for the next version of RNG Reporter or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks for your help,

Hey, I would to ask about egg rng in pokemon black 2
1. Is it possible?
2. Regarding the rng reporter; I search for the seed in the time finder, then I paste it in the rngreporter main windows. I check all of the required thing, but when I press generate it says error. Anyone can help?
Thanks and Cheers

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I'm failing at calibrating my 3DS to RNG in my French version of Black 2.
After 15-20 tries the DS parameter finder never returned anything (I even desesperately tried to hold L+R instead of not touching anything before Nintendo logo).

I saw that information are still needed to get RNG abuse possible in French White 2 but nothing is said about Black 2 so I assumed that it should work.

Should I have to wait for the next version of RNG Reporter or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks for your help,
French Black 2 should be working fine for 3DS. The only difference is that like German Black 2 and Japanese White 2, the Timer0 and VCount values are in a different range than other Black 2 / White 2 versions. Try searching using the following ranges, if you haven't already done so.

Timer0: 1780 - 197F
VCount: A8 - C7

Also, if you know someone who has French White 2 (or Italian White 2, for that matter) we'd appreciate their help so that we can add support for those games on DSi / 3DS.

It works !

Thank you very much for your help, I was indeed using the default VCount and Timer0

I may not be the only one who doesn't know about this Timer0 and VCount "trick", I guess it may be a good idea to add it on the first post.

I will try to find people with French White 2 to help.

Thanks again

I can't get the 5th Gen Time Finder to report any times. I hit "Generate", the box pops up, and then it closes without searching any result. I have .net 4.5 installed. The picture below is how I have RNG set up.

I can't get the 5th Gen Time Finder to report any times. I hit "Generate", the box pops up, and then it closes without searching any result. I have .net 4.5 installed. The picture below is how I have RNG set up.
Set Min/Max IV Frame to 1/1.

Thanks for the earlier advice. I successfully RNGed a Female Poliwhirl, and now I'm RNGing the IVs. But I'm having some trouble. Here's the time finder:

Here's the main window:

I'm using a Modest Sync. I start the game 8 seconds before the target time (3DS), I do 2 chatot advances, and I keep getting different spreads. I calibrated around 15 times and only got 1685 for my Timer0, so it seems pretty stable. I had no problems RNGing Volcarona before, so I'm not sure what's gone wrong.
I don't know what to put into Gender though. Is it 100% Female or Fixed Gender?

Set Min/Max IV Frame to 1/1.
Did this, still have the same problem. Window pops up, 0 searched, 0 found, closes a second later. I know there's several seeds that should be showing up, because I've already used these parameters for another capture.

Hi all,

I've RNGed stuff in the past before, but that was a long time ago and I still feel like quite the amateur. I'm trying to get the IVs needed for HP Fire on Latios in Black 2, using the latest version of RNG Reporter and a DS Lite with a MAC address of 0021478FE3EA. Calibrated about 25 times and the Timer0 ranges are all over the place, so eventually I just decided to go with a range of 1106 to 1108, as 1106 and 1108 were coming up most often. Then I went into 5th Gen Time Finder, set both min and max frames to 1 so I could simply go straight into the encounter without having to deal with Chatots (that is how it works, right?) and found the following target seed:

I set my date and time to those given, and tried a couple of times.
The problem is that the IVs I'm getting (18-19/4-5/27/18-19/7/5-6) don't show up in the Adjacent Seed Tool, so I must have missed something somewhere. For Method I picked 'IVs (Standard Seed)' since I'm using a Synchronizer, and obviously 'Stationary Encounter' for Encounter Type. Since I'm not using the PIDRNG I don't have to generate anything else in the main RNGReporter window, right? I've checked 'Memory Link' in the profile page since mine is activated, but that didn't seem to make much of a difference - RNGReporter still gave me the same target seeds. Also, the first two digits of my MAC address (00) get chopped off in the profile page, but I presume that's normal.

What could I be doing wrong? Any help is very much appreciated.

So I need some help. I've been attempting to RNG a flawless physical Trick Room shiny Larvitar, and so far it's been successful. I know I hit my correct seed and target frame because it is shiny and is the correct Nature (Brave). However, the problem I have lies in the IVs.

The inherited IVs were HP, Atk, and SpD (both parents are flawless), and all three inherited IVs were 31, as they were planned. However, the definitive (or non-inherited) IVs were not what I was expecting. The Def stat is not 31, and the Spe stat is not 0. Can anyone help?

Edit: I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96. Like I said, everything was fine except for the non-inherited IVs.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I need some help. I've been attempting to RNG a flawless physical Trick Room shiny Larvitar, and so far it's been successful. I know I hit my correct seed and target frame because it is shiny and is the correct Nature (Brave). However, the problem I have lies in the IVs.

The inherited IVs were HP, Atk, and SpD (both parents are flawless), and all three inherited IVs were 31, as they were planned. However, the definitive (or non-inherited) IVs were not what I was expecting. The Def stat is not 31, and the Spe stat is not 0. Can anyone help?

Edit: I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96. Like I said, everything was fine except for the non-inherited IVs.
More info is needed than this. What version? What are the parents' IVs? What is your seed? Etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)