5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I can't paste screenshots for some reason. Is there a certain way to do that here?
Thanks in advance
First you need to upload them to a sharing site such as photobucket, imageshack etc. Then you post the link provided between the [/*img] tags, removing the
Asterick of course

I am using Cresselia on Marvelous Bridge for calibration. I am also aiming for a flawless one. The only problem is that no seeds are generated when I hit search.
Version: Black 2
DS Type: 3DS
Language: English

Just to be sure, when attempting to RNG for the Larvesta egg given to you in White 1, do I set my min/max frame to 1/1, while checking the 'larvesta egg' encounter type?
I read the starting IV frame is 2, so its somewhat puzzling me :x

The best way to think of it is by using the formula Chatters=Target Frame-Current frame.

If there are no WNPCs in the area then Current frame=Initial PIDRNG.
If there are WNPCs, you first would have to figure out what frame you land on when you enter the game--this is to see how many frames the NPCs will advance for you--, and move from there.

However, sometimes WNPCs mode differently depending on what frame you are, so some inconsistencies can occur here and there. But the formula works as a rule of thumb
So, using my screenshot as an example, if I'm in an area with no WNPCs and I want my pokémon to be Timid, I just need to enter the battle since my starting frame is 59, whereas if I wanted my pokémon to be bashful I'd have to advance the PIDRNG by 1 by listening to one Chatot cry? I'm just a little confused as to what numbers represent what.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
So, using my screenshot as an example, if I'm in an area with no WNPCs and I want my pokémon to be Timid, I just need to enter the battle since my starting frame is 59, whereas if I wanted my pokémon to be bashful I'd have to advance the PIDRNG by 1 by listening to one Chatot cry?
That's correct.

Do you need your SID to calibrate over Unova link? I ask because I don't have wi-fi/pokecheck to check my SID. Would I be able to just calibrate off of my White 2 now, then ID abuse so I know my SID/ID?

I'm guiding a friend through the RNG process and she says when she clicks generate in the time finder window she gets this:

"I press generate and a little progress bar appears, but it disapears almost instantly and I get nothing.'

She has Winows 7 and HAS installed the Frameworks listed in the first post of this thread. any ideas on what could be happening?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I'm guiding a friend through the RNG process and she says when she clicks generate in the time finder window she gets this:

"I press generate and a little progress bar appears, but it disapears almost instantly and I get nothing.'

She has Winows 7 and HAS installed the Frameworks listed in the first post of this thread. any ideas on what could be happening?
Maybe the ranges she's looking on are too small? Tell her to increase the number of months and advancements needed?

Maybe the ranges she's looking on are too small? Tell her to increase the number of months and advancements needed?
Well according to her she put in exactly what I asked her to put it, I did as well and got results, but she didn't. I thought it was the Frameworks but she installed it and Restarted her computer and continues to have the issue.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I have the same problem. I have to go in and re-edit the parameters in the Time Finder window every time to get it to actually search.

Well according to her she put in exactly what I asked her to put it, I did as well and got results, but she didn't. I thought it was the Frameworks but she installed it and Restarted her computer and continues to have the issue.
I remember having this problem when I started using the latest RNG Reporter's Parameter Finder after months of not doing any RNG. I'm trying to remember what it was that I had to change to stop the strange disappearing progress bar. The soft reset box may be it. Does she have hers clicked? Tell her to unclick it and do all of her work from a complete restart of her DS system after she sets her clock. See if that makes a difference.

I fixed this issue last page. Go to your parameters, check all the keypress boxes. Run a search. Uncheck keypresses. You should be able to search normally after that.

I remember having this problem when I started using the latest RNG Reporter's Parameter Finder after months of not doing any RNG. I'm trying to remember what it was that I had to change to stop the strange disappearing progress bar. The soft reset box may be it. Does she have hers clicked? Tell her to unclick it and do all of her work from a complete restart of her DS system after she sets her clock. See if that makes a difference.
I fixed this issue last page. Go to your parameters, check all the keypress boxes. Run a search. Uncheck keypresses. You should be able to search normally after that.
I have the same problem. I have to go in and re-edit the parameters in the Time Finder window every time to get it to actually search.
Ah okay thanks everyone. She managed to figure it out :)

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
when searching for shiny seeds, does the shiny frame sometimes not contain theIVs that the search read it would?
How did you look for your seed? You need to use the standard method for ivs and click on "nearby shiny frames" if you use the pid method, then you will not get the ivs you want as this method does not search for ivs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)