1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Mo96

Mo96

2. Mo96

Mo96

I am using Cresselia on Marvelous Bridge for calibration. I am also aiming for a flawless one. The only problem is that no seeds are generated when I hit search.
    Version: Black 2
    DS Type: 3DS
    Language: English
  3. Sparko33

Sparko33

Just to be sure, when attempting to RNG for the Larvesta egg given to you in White 1, do I set my min/max frame to 1/1, while checking the 'larvesta egg' encounter type?
    I read the starting IV frame is 2, so its somewhat puzzling me :x
  4. kiddu

kiddu

Way too small.

And to be clear, Cereza meant the time when you select the game from the 3DS menu, not when you select Continue in-game.
  5. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

Are there any areas without wandering NPCs in White 2 where you can catch a Petilil?
  6. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

Castelia Park
  7. steppes

steppes

So, using my screenshot as an example, if I'm in an area with no WNPCs and I want my pokémon to be Timid, I just need to enter the battle since my starting frame is 59, whereas if I wanted my pokémon to be bashful I'd have to advance the PIDRNG by 1 by listening to one Chatot cry? I'm just a little confused as to what numbers represent what.
  8. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

That's correct.
  9. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

Do you need your SID to calibrate over Unova link? I ask because I don't have wi-fi/pokecheck to check my SID. Would I be able to just calibrate off of my White 2 now, then ID abuse so I know my SID/ID?
  10. Champloo

Champloo

I'm guiding a friend through the RNG process and she says when she clicks generate in the time finder window she gets this:

"I press generate and a little progress bar appears, but it disapears almost instantly and I get nothing.'

She has Winows 7 and HAS installed the Frameworks listed in the first post of this thread. any ideas on what could be happening?
  11. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

Maybe the ranges she's looking on are too small? Tell her to increase the number of months and advancements needed?
  12. Champloo

Champloo

Well according to her she put in exactly what I asked her to put it, I did as well and got results, but she didn't. I thought it was the Frameworks but she installed it and Restarted her computer and continues to have the issue.
  13. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

I have the same problem. I have to go in and re-edit the parameters in the Time Finder window every time to get it to actually search.
  14. Riski

Riski

I remember having this problem when I started using the latest RNG Reporter's Parameter Finder after months of not doing any RNG. I'm trying to remember what it was that I had to change to stop the strange disappearing progress bar. The soft reset box may be it. Does she have hers clicked? Tell her to unclick it and do all of her work from a complete restart of her DS system after she sets her clock. See if that makes a difference.
  15. Gahagan

Gahagan

I fixed this issue last page. Go to your parameters, check all the keypress boxes. Run a search. Uncheck keypresses. You should be able to search normally after that.
  16. Champloo

Champloo

Ah okay thanks everyone. She managed to figure it out :)
  17. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

Is it possible to id abuse in BW2 without knowing your initial SID?
  18. pootoucher

pootoucher

when searching for shiny seeds, does the shiny frame sometimes not contain theIVs that the search read it would?
  19. Agonist

Agonist You were my last great war, you were my heaven ablaze
    is a Forum Moderator

Of course, I did it on B2. All you need is your parameters.
  20. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

Wonderful :)
  21. Uiru

Uiru

So in Time Finder, do I use 1/1 or 3/3 for getting standing legendaries? Thanks.
    ~Uiru
  22. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

1/1. The frame is only 3 for the Adjacent Seed tool.
  23. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

How did you look for your seed? You need to use the standard method for ivs and click on "nearby shiny frames" if you use the pid method, then you will not get the ivs you want as this method does not search for ivs
  24. Mo96

Mo96

I am using the latest version of RNG Reporter (9.96.5 BETA). I am trying to find my DS parameters but can't get any results. The time and date of hitting the A button on main screen is November 26th 2012 at 19:40:25. My MAC address is CC9E00FFDCCD. DS type is 3DS. I'm playing Black 2 (English). I calculated the IV range of a boldore I caught in the last cave of victory road using sweet scent.
    Here it is:
    18-19/25/5-7/3-4/3-5/16-17

I did not check the soft reset button.
    What could I be doing wrong? I would really appreciate your help.
  25. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

Here's my guesses as to what might have happened:
    You took a step/did something to advance the IVRNG.
    You were holding some buttons down while starting your game.
    Your start time is incorrect.
    Your calculated the IVs incorrectly.

Less likely but still might throw this out:
    Your MAC Address is wrong
    You aren't playing on an English version of Black 2 on a 3DS

To give you an idea what you should be looking for on English Black 2 on a 3DS you should see results of
    actual seconds = seconds + 8, VCount = ad, Timer0 = 168a, GxStat = 6, VFrame = 8

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)