5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

The best way to think of it is by using the formula Chatters=Target Frame-Current frame.

If there are no WNPCs in the area then Current frame=Initial PIDRNG.
If there are WNPCs, you first would have to figure out what frame you land on when you enter the game--this is to see how many frames the NPCs will advance for you--, and move from there.

However, sometimes WNPCs mode differently depending on what frame you are, so some inconsistencies can occur here and there. But the formula works as a rule of thumb
So, using my screenshot as an example, if I'm in an area with no WNPCs and I want my pokémon to be Timid, I just need to enter the battle since my starting frame is 59, whereas if I wanted my pokémon to be bashful I'd have to advance the PIDRNG by 1 by listening to one Chatot cry? I'm just a little confused as to what numbers represent what.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
So, using my screenshot as an example, if I'm in an area with no WNPCs and I want my pokémon to be Timid, I just need to enter the battle since my starting frame is 59, whereas if I wanted my pokémon to be bashful I'd have to advance the PIDRNG by 1 by listening to one Chatot cry?
That's correct.

I'm guiding a friend through the RNG process and she says when she clicks generate in the time finder window she gets this:

"I press generate and a little progress bar appears, but it disapears almost instantly and I get nothing.'

She has Winows 7 and HAS installed the Frameworks listed in the first post of this thread. any ideas on what could be happening?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I'm guiding a friend through the RNG process and she says when she clicks generate in the time finder window she gets this:

"I press generate and a little progress bar appears, but it disapears almost instantly and I get nothing.'

She has Winows 7 and HAS installed the Frameworks listed in the first post of this thread. any ideas on what could be happening?
Maybe the ranges she's looking on are too small? Tell her to increase the number of months and advancements needed?

Maybe the ranges she's looking on are too small? Tell her to increase the number of months and advancements needed?
Well according to her she put in exactly what I asked her to put it, I did as well and got results, but she didn't. I thought it was the Frameworks but she installed it and Restarted her computer and continues to have the issue.

Well according to her she put in exactly what I asked her to put it, I did as well and got results, but she didn't. I thought it was the Frameworks but she installed it and Restarted her computer and continues to have the issue.
I remember having this problem when I started using the latest RNG Reporter's Parameter Finder after months of not doing any RNG. I'm trying to remember what it was that I had to change to stop the strange disappearing progress bar. The soft reset box may be it. Does she have hers clicked? Tell her to unclick it and do all of her work from a complete restart of her DS system after she sets her clock. See if that makes a difference.

I fixed this issue last page. Go to your parameters, check all the keypress boxes. Run a search. Uncheck keypresses. You should be able to search normally after that.

I remember having this problem when I started using the latest RNG Reporter's Parameter Finder after months of not doing any RNG. I'm trying to remember what it was that I had to change to stop the strange disappearing progress bar. The soft reset box may be it. Does she have hers clicked? Tell her to unclick it and do all of her work from a complete restart of her DS system after she sets her clock. See if that makes a difference.
I fixed this issue last page. Go to your parameters, check all the keypress boxes. Run a search. Uncheck keypresses. You should be able to search normally after that.
I have the same problem. I have to go in and re-edit the parameters in the Time Finder window every time to get it to actually search.
Ah okay thanks everyone. She managed to figure it out :)

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
when searching for shiny seeds, does the shiny frame sometimes not contain theIVs that the search read it would?
How did you look for your seed? You need to use the standard method for ivs and click on "nearby shiny frames" if you use the pid method, then you will not get the ivs you want as this method does not search for ivs

I am using the latest version of RNG Reporter (9.96.5 BETA). I am trying to find my DS parameters but can't get any results. The time and date of hitting the A button on main screen is November 26th 2012 at 19:40:25. My MAC address is CC9E00FFDCCD. DS type is 3DS. I'm playing Black 2 (English). I calculated the IV range of a boldore I caught in the last cave of victory road using sweet scent.
Here it is:
18-19/25/5-7/3-4/3-5/16-17

I did not check the soft reset button.
What could I be doing wrong? I would really appreciate your help.

Here's my guesses as to what might have happened:
You took a step/did something to advance the IVRNG.
You were holding some buttons down while starting your game.
Your start time is incorrect.
Your calculated the IVs incorrectly.

Less likely but still might throw this out:
Your MAC Address is wrong
You aren't playing on an English version of Black 2 on a 3DS

To give you an idea what you should be looking for on English Black 2 on a 3DS you should see results of
actual seconds = seconds + 8, VCount = ad, Timer0 = 168a, GxStat = 6, VFrame = 8

Here's my guesses as to what might have happened:
You took a step/did something to advance the IVRNG.
You were holding some buttons down while starting your game.
Your start time is incorrect.
Your calculated the IVs incorrectly.

Less likely but still might throw this out:
Your MAC Address is wrong
You aren't playing on an English version of Black 2 on a 3DS

To give you an idea what you should be looking for on English Black 2 on a 3DS you should see results of
actual seconds = seconds + 8, VCount = ad, Timer0 = 168a, GxStat = 6, VFrame = 8
I believe it could be my starting time but let me point out the fact that I see no results when I hit search. I only have the seed encryption values which are automatically filled out. Plus, I calculated IVs using the Iv calculator on the RNG Reporter. Would starting the game the moment the clock reaches the next minute be the best option for me?

Finally got my parameters :)
I got the same results except for the timer0, for which I got 167C.

I am trying to RNG a flawless cresselia on my Black 2 and just wanted to make sure if what I am doing is right. My target frame is 6. This means I have to walk 128 steps with 5 pokemon in my party to advance the frame from 1 to 6. When I found my parameters I got 8 for the actual seconds. Does this mean I have to start the game 8 seconds earlier or later than my target time? This is the seed I got from Time Finder.
BFF08F5A430E276E
No keypresses.
Timer0 is 167C
Date/Time is 12/03/2012 17:29:39

Thanks in advance.