1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  4. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

Ah, I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
  2. Mo96

Mo96

How can I check the legitimacy of a pokemon? I upload some onto pokecheck but I can't see anything that indicates that they are hacked. Please help. Thanks in advance
  3. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

Pokecheck is the best thing out there to check a pokemon; if it doesn't tell you otherwise, then the pokemon is most likely legit.
  4. Mo96

Mo96

If the PID does not match the nature the pokemon is hacked, right?
  5. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

If it's anything but 5th gen yes.
  6. Mo96

Mo96

Is it possible to RNG gift pokemon on Black2? How does memory linking affect the PID advancements?
  7. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

1.Yes
    2. Someone already gave you the answer
  8. jp134711

jp134711

For Entralink RNG abuse, is there a secondary timer (not Eon/Zomgtimer) with milliseconds countdown capability that is good? I've tried to search online, but most of the stuff I've found are javascripts or code, and not the actual gui. Thanks.

Edit: nvm. for those curious, EonTimer has this capability, where you can set a custom countdown. Just make sure to convert time to milliseconds.
  9. Mo96

Mo96

Do the NPCs in Alder's house (Black2) advance the PID frame? I thought that since they are fixed they wouldn't. I want to RNG the shiny gift gible.
  10. Champloo

Champloo

Probably a stupid question, but I'd like to validate assumption. As long as you have the 'Dream World Ability Only' box checked & have a DW Ability female in the day-care at the ready, the seeds that are output will yield the hidden ability correct?
  11. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

12. kiddu

kiddu

Here's an odd one:

Seed: 6E2CEC682B5037B8

-Starting Frame of 53, with or without Memory Link
    -Confirm seed with Chatot
    -Aiming for frame 69
    -Chatter a total of 16 times
    -Confirm Chatter pattern
    -Catch target (LV35 Volcarona)
    -Has the right IVs
    -Comes out Naive, Mischievous, Male
    -Closest option is Frame 67
    -Next possible frame is 136
    -Happened twice

EDIT:
    -Try again with 18 Chatters
    -Land on target of 69, despite Chatters leading to 71

TL;DR: 69-53=18, apparently.
  13. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

Just how much easier is shiny roamer abuse if I RNG my ID/SID for it?
  14. MMX

MMX

1000x easier. Record number of chatters it took to get desired frame, RNG and
    ID/SID, repeat the number of chatters for the first result, collect shiny.
  15. Dark Ray

Dark Ray Here to bug you
    is a Pre-Contributor

Check your version and encounter type, Mischievous Naive Male shows up on frames 69 and 138 for me on 9.96.5.
  16. kiddu

kiddu

Yeah, forgot encounter type actually made a difference.
  17. Mo96

Mo96

Can trainers have the same ID, regardless of SID/TID abuse? SID/TID abuse can only be done when starting a new game, as shown in kaphotic's BW RNG Manipulation guide, correct?
  18. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

yes, you can abuse the ID / SID to be the same as the previous. If that's what's you're asking
  19. kiddu

kiddu

Yes (technically, but it's nearly impossible without abuse) and yes.
  20. Mo96

Mo96

How can you do that when you can only ID/SID abuse when you start a new game?

I am aiming for a shiny flawless timid tornadus. I still have not deleted my save file to make sure I do not make any mistakes when SID/ID abusing to get the tornadus.
  21. Agonist

Agonist He had seen it, felt it's might, bent under
    is a Forum Moderator

You're still using the same seed when you restart.
  22. Mo96

Mo96

So I would use the same seed that I used to SID abuse my shiny flawless starter, right?
  23. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

Are you saying play through the game (before RNGing my ID/SID) until I get to Tornadus/Thundurus, RNG it non-shiny but with the desired IVs and nature, figure out exactly what PID frame I ended up with, delete my save, RNG my ID/SID to make that frame shiny, then play through the game again until I get to Tornadus/Thundurus, and RNG it as a shiny by performing the same number of Chatters as last time?

Is that really necessary? I figured I could just RNG my ID/SID to create a shiny frame in a suitable range (one that wouldn't be too low due to the weather and NPC advancements during the cutscene, but not too high either), then only play through the game once, get to Tornadus/Thundurus, find my SSF, and Chatter to my target shiny frame from there. Will this not work?
  24. funeral_cake

funeral_cake

The problem with trying to hit a certain PID frame for the roamers is that it might not actually happen, and if it does, it might be more difficult than you expect it to be. Advancing the PID frames is not a consistent thing due to the rain and NPCs. Sometimes your results will be all over the place, sometimes it actually works the way you want it to. In general, it's just not reliable enough to expect you'll actually hit the frame you want.

From experience, I have to agree that it's easiest to find a frame you can hit, then restart and RNG your IDs to match that frame. It may take more time, but it guarantees that you'll get it without really any trouble. Trying to blindly hit a frame is just too much trouble otherwise, IMHO.
  25. Agonist

Agonist He had seen it, felt it's might, bent under
    is a Forum Moderator

No, you would use the same seed you use to get a non-shiny version of your roamer. The point of ID abuse is to make it so when you do it again with your new save, you'll get a shiny version.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)