1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. drixenol

drixenol

New Lurker here; I've got a question. So I'm new to RNG and I'm able to RNG quadra-flawless shiny eggs really easily on my B/W versions. However, I want my OT on the shinies to match my White 2 version. When I change my TID/SID to my White 2 version in RNG reporter in both Time Finder to find a shiny seed and the Main Menu, my egg results in non-shiny when I trade the egg from B/W to White 2. I am using Timer0 from White version.

What did I do incorrectly? :\
  2. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

Are you using international parents?
  3. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

You can calibrate anywhere, but finding a place where the pokemon are above lv 25 should suffice. I calibrated in Castelia's park where the pokemon are just barely above 10 and had no issues at all. Castelia's Pokemon Center has no WNPCs.
  4. drixenol

drixenol

No, but it wouldn't work if I use international parents right?
  5. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

Correct.

If you're not using international parents, either you didn't enter you other games TID/SID correctly, or you're not hitting the correct PID frame.
  6. Slumber

Slumber

Yes the bw2 box is checked and the encounter types are the same. I just checked other TID/SID combos that Pandora's box is giving me and despite having 67 written in the frame box, they are coming out with 64 as shiny.

EDIT: Ok so I put 70 into Pandora's box and now it's coming up with 67 as the shiny frame for thTID/Sid combos. For whatever reason there seems to be a -3 difference to what I'm putting into Pandora's box. I can work around this easily.

Does rng reporter 9.96.5 support unova link calibration for bw2? I can't get it to work. I search and it doesn't come up with any configurations when I have 7 arrows.
  7. jp134711

jp134711

No but you can use Researcher. If you're trying to do DR RNGing, let me point you to RNGAaron's guide - really useful. http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?groupid=2095
  8. Slumber

Slumber

So basically the only way to find your parameters using rng reporter is the way you did with BW1 ie I have to use the parameter search and pokecheck?
  9. jp134711

jp134711

Yep. Cereza pointed out above that you can do that anywhere (even with areas with NPCs), but it's best to do it in an area with higher level pokes (she did level 10+ in Castelia City).

edit: calibrate many times (~15) in bw2 to get a feel for your timer0- it really does change quite a bit.
  10. Slumber

Slumber

Yeah thanks, I'm tryin to TID/SID manipulate so I'll end up calibrating pretty early in the game so I can start again. I'll use pokecheck to get their exact iv's. such a pain, the first time I calibrated I was unaware of the multiple timer0 changes in bw2 so I only calibrated once before manipulating and I had apparently calibrated one of the less common timer0s so it took me several attempts to get what I wanted. Which apparently wasn't what I wanted since my Pandora's box shiny frame is three off of what it should be. Ah well back to the grind.
  11. Slumber

Slumber

If I manipulate for a certain TID/SID combo and therefore shiny frame, will using the memory link effect the shiny frame or the seed? Basically what does memory link do to your rng exactly?
  12. Spoit

Spoit

There was something about checking if you hit your PIDRNG by using some sort of modulo 6 calculation for characteristics, does anyone have the details for that?
  13. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Reporter now does that for you, right-click in the main window > Display Characteristics in Search.
  14. jp134711

jp134711

it shifts the initial PIDRNG frame by a little bit. That's all I've experienced when I clicked it.
  15. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

Are the new versions of RNG Reporter fully-compatible with Windows 8? I know Windows 8 includes the .NET Framework 4.5, so that's not an issue.
  16. drixenol

drixenol

So I'm going after shiny legends on Pokemon White 2, but I notice that standard seeds of 31/31/31/x/31/31 are really uncommon. I have to search months or even years for a penta-flawless spread. When I plug a penta-flawless seed back into the main screen of RNG reporter, I often get a shiny frame of like 43,258 or some high value. It's worth chattering, but I can easily make an error counting up to 40k. This is the only way I know how to RNG wild pokemon, but what's generally a more efficient method?

I seem to be lost because i'm accustomed to breeding which is much simpler because I can use flawless parents to pass IV's so I only have to search for 3 flawless IV's. And I can find many low-framed shiny seeds in every month in B/W this way.
  17. voodoo pimp

In Time Finder, check the "Search nearby shiny frames" box, which will limit the results you get to some maximum PID frame (it's 300 by default IIRC, I wouldn't suggest going above 500 or so for anything except BW1 shiny roamers, since it's so easy to lose count). Also, use keypresses if you don't already, which will greatly increase the number of potential seeds you can hit in each month/year (for Sync-able mons, I've never had trouble finding a seed in one year with 0-3 keypresses, except for hexflawless and certain Hidden Power spreads).
  18. Onicon

Onicon

Come to think of: Does it matter which keys we press? My shoulder buttons always refuse to work.
  19. voodoo pimp

Yes it does, different keypresses will give you different seeds for the same second/Timer0. If your shoulder buttons don't work, just check the "Skip L/R" box in your profile.
  20. Shinryu

Shinryu

So I'm trying to catch my roamer, and I just want to make sure I got everything right here...

1. IVs/Nature are set once it starts running
    2. Can't really do much about the nature due to the rain messing with the PIDRNG, so it's pretty much hit and run until I get one with a nature I like

So basically I just need to find a seed I want using the roamer option in RNG Reporter, save out over there before you encounter it, advance however many frames I need to to hit the target frame, then activate and follow it around to catch I guess?

In the first post, this bit is confusing me though:

What does this mean exactly and how does it affect trying to RNG for my roamer? Does this mean for one that I want with HP Ice that normally would have 31/30/30/31/31/31 IVs, it would be unchanged since both SpA and Spe are 31 IVs?
  21. Slumber

Slumber

This can be such a pain. I was TID/SID manipulating and found a flawless (all IVs 31) spread on frame 1 for my parameters on black2 but it was like my least common timer0 so I abandoned it.

Anyway how hard do the wnpc's in asperitia make it to get a shiny starter? I'm wondering if its really worth the effort.

EDIT: I found a flawless iv spread for one of my two most common timer0s so now I'm going to start again.
  22. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

There are seven WNPCs in Aspertia iirc, so it'll be a pain in the ass.
  23. Psiiionic

Psiiionic

I am trying to RNG Latias in White 2 however I notice that there are frame advancements in the Dreamworld, is this frame advancement random or a fixed number?
  24. PsyJ

PsyJ

Random. Theres an NPC in the area that advances the frames. When I did my Latios they advanced me 8 frames. But the advancements will be the same for the same seed. So in my example, I had an offset of 8. So I stopped 8 before my target, and let the NPC advance me the rest after I took my step towards Latios.

Hope this helps :)
    -Psy
  25. gundambot

gundambot

how to correctly use adjacent finder

Hi I'm just starting 5th gen RNG (only did HGSS RNG previously).
    and I have a few quick questions

I'm starting with IV manipulation for BW2 after finding the parameters. Using RNG reporter 9.96.5 beta.

After using the 5th gen time finder and found a seed for the spread...
    (no success in hitting the spread needless to say...)
    I noticed the IV spreads from the Adjacent Seed tool don't match the IVs in the time finder.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Any ideas what I did wrong and how do I use the adjacent finder correctly?

Also a few quick questions about the IVRNG,
    - do things like weather, WNPC, etc affect the IVRNG at all?
    - Or are you basically set if you are able to hit the correct second and Timer0?
    I don't care for shininess and i'll try to leave PIDRNG alone for now since I'm just starting.

When I read most of page 1 of this thread, I noticed most of the information is for BW1. What are some of the things I need to watch out for to setup RNG reporter correctly for BW2? Does anyone know where I could read up on info specific for BW2?

In the Profile Editor. What are the checkboxes 'soft reset' and 'memory link' for? Do they affect seed finding?

If I'm using a DS original, trying for English ver of White 2; have 'memory-linked' a BW1 through WiFi;
    do I have the profile setup correctly here?

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

*specifically what I'm trying to do is trying to get an IV spread for the Braviary in route 4 on W2.
    I'm not hitting the spread and can't find it on the adjacent finder.
    Is the sandstorm / WNPC going to mess up the IVRNG in this case?
    If so where would be a better place/mon to start for just doing IVRNG for BW2?

thanks so much...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)