5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Is it possible to RNG on an emulator? I do have the handheld system, but there are some events that i want myself (victini for instance). The MAC address is the one of the computer then???

Is it possible to RNG on an emulator? I do have the handheld system, but there are some events that i want myself (victini for instance). The MAC address is the one of the computer then???
I won't address you here entirely, but I'll answer your first question here-
"Can you RNG Pokemon on Emu?"
->The answer is YES. Quite a few people have RNG on Emu here on Smogon.

I've just started trying to RNG shiny flawless pokemon by breeding. I'm trying to breed an adamant tyrogue. I'm using an international flawless ditto as the female and a hitmonchan as the male with iv's of 5/23/19/22/27/7. My starting PID is 43 and my PID Frame is 63 so I listen to my chatot's cry 20 times and then immediately grab my egg from the guy. When the egg hatches it is not at all what I wanted. It came out as a naughty tyrogue with iv's of 07/31/19/07/31/25. Not too sure what i'm doing but if anyone could help that would be much appreciated and if you need any other info I will be sure to provide it. Thanks

I've just started trying to RNG shiny flawless pokemon by breeding. I'm trying to breed an adamant tyrogue. I'm using an international flawless ditto as the female and a hitmonchan as the male with iv's of 5/23/19/22/27/7. My starting PID is 43 and my PID Frame is 63 so I listen to my chatot's cry 20 times and then immediately grab my egg from the guy. When the egg hatches it is not at all what I wanted. It came out as a naughty tyrogue with iv's of 07/31/19/07/31/25. Not too sure what i'm doing but if anyone could help that would be much appreciated and if you need any other info I will be sure to provide it. Thanks
could be a few things:
1) Method is not set to Breeding(BW, International)
2) Ditto Parent box isn't clicked
3) the chatot pitches don't match with the ones in your target seed (i.e. you didn't hit the seed/timer0) - you have to listen to the pitches
4) and more...

It's best if you post your main window of RNGReporter/PPRNG and also the TimeFinder window (Seed Searcher in PPRNG)

I didn't know about the pitch thing with the chatot's. What do I do to have to check the chatot's pitches? Also when I click on the chatot to hear the cry it doesn't even make a sound but my other pokemon make their cries.

Also here is some other info:
MAC Address: 00-09-BF-D2-3F-30
Timer0: C00-CFF
VCount: 50-6F
VFrame: 0-F

I didn't know about the pitch thing with the chatot's. What do I do to have to check the chatot's pitches? Also when I click on the chatot to hear the cry it doesn't even make a sound but my other pokemon make their cries.

Also here is some other info:
MAC Address: 00-09-BF-D2-3F-30
Timer0: C00-CFF
VCount: 50-6F
VFrame: 0-F
Like the poster said above, you have to record a custom chatter on the chatot. Have chatot learn chatter (it's better if you have 2 chatot's so you can just toggle between the two) and use the mic on your DS to record a chatter (saying "Ahhh" like you would in a doctor's office works fine).

For your parameters, it looks like you didn't calibrate. I'm going to refer you to this guide: http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?groupid=2000

Follow the instructions on there for Calibrating and Breeding and you should be golden.

You calibrated your game with every DS system seperately, did you? The results differ from system to system and are not interchangable.

And can you tell us in which area the problem occurred? I don't challenge your judgement, but "wandering NPCs" is a bit iffy because randomly turning NPCs do move the frame, too.

i have an update as i kinda have the bug under control now

the locations where i first noticed were volcorana's chamber, wellspring cave, relic castle, victory road.

not sure what happened but something happened in the wifi-room which fucked up my game mechanics..even the ds clock in the main menu was being weird on all my ds consoles and only with that game

i have to do the weather disappearing trick everytime or else my chatot recording is heavily distorted...to the point where you can't distinguish any pitch tone
what also happens is an incorrect reading of the ds clock as some seeds i hit were minutes away from target time

in game the animations when you use hm moves were gone and like previously said some sounds were missing and others sounded different.
this issue has now been completely resolved, just by getting rid of those pokemon i traded during the suspected trade
i traded the chatots i used to another game and i encounter no problem

when i first had fixed my problems i tried inducing the bug again and it worked...i'm gonna get rid of it again once i get back from work today

Question

I want to extralink in white 2 and I already have my parameters.

According to page 1 there are no longer any c gear seeds. ( I presume i just use standard seeds instead.)

Do i just hit my seed in game, fire up the c gear and enter extralink then catch my poke?
Keeping in mind that Entralink IVs start on frame 26, and that the C-Gear still continuously advances the PIDRNG, yes.
I want to try and RNG abuse the Gothorita that is currently being distributed on B/W2, however I have yet to try entralink abuse. Given the searches I've done I can't find a guide for B/W2 entralink abuse. The above exchange caught my eye (found on page 690) which suggests that the current guide for entralink abuse on the main page of this thread irrelevant for B/W2. Is the process the same as hitting standard seeds, meaning no Eontimer? I am confused and any information as to where to begin would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yes, it's the same as hitting a standard seed, but you'll want to use EonTimer (or Zomg) to keep track of how long you've got the C-Gear on.

Thanks for the replay but I am still confused as to what the function of the timer is. I have access to both PPRNG and RNG Reporter (with EonTimer). Where do I start? And what exactly is the purpose of knowing how long the C-Gear has been running?

ok so bumping my problem that i still can't find a way around, when i try to update to version 9.96 of RNG reporter it opens up as version 9.94 and an update message, which just then puts me in a vicious circle of download, open, wrong version!

....Ok panic over, i had lost my unzip program so files weren't unziped properly! ..as you were people, as you were!

I want to do an Entree Forest RNG abuse on White 2, but I don't know how many PIDRNG frames the game will advance by when I turn on the C-Gear. (there isn't a constant advance in B/W Versions 2, right?). Also, will the IVRNG change at all, or do I have to enter the Entralink at a precise moment?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I want to do an Entree Forest RNG abuse on White 2, but I don't know how many PIDRNG frames the game will advance by when I turn on the C-Gear. (there isn't a constant advance in B/W Versions 2, right?). Also, will the IVRNG change at all, or do I have to enter the Entralink at a precise moment?
See the link below in my sig? That's a good jumping point.

Use religiousjedi's guide (it's pretty much the same for PPRNG and RNGReporter with the exception of EonTimer)

In RNGR, find out the delay required to hit the target nature (do something above 0:30.0 - make sure Method is Gen 5 PIDRNG and Encounter Type is Entralink in the Main Window).

In EonTimer, set a custom timer by going to the C tab and inputting the delay of your target nature in MILLISECONDS. Your actual delay will be off from the what RNGR tells you (e.g. mine was consistently 12-20 seconds off), so you'll have to do some adjusting.

edit: also seconding jedi's assertion of IV frame 25. That's what's worked for me in the past. Make sure not to trip the IVRNG frame.

i got a question should i delete my old reporter since i got a new one...my old one has been acting strange ever since i downloaded 9.96.5 version for bw2...the old one deleted my profiles and on top of it the newer one will not save my profile as well? does anyone know what is happening? should i just delete the old one? will it support id abuse for 4th gen and its not bugged for newer version? sorry im just so confused what is going on here :/ please help me...

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Use religiousjedi's guide (it's pretty much the same for PPRNG and RNGReporter with the exception of EonTimer)

In RNGR, find out the delay required to hit the target nature (do something above 0:30.0 - make sure Method is Gen 5 PIDRNG and Encounter Type is Entralink in the Main Window).

In EonTimer, set a custom timer by going to the C tab and inputting the delay of your target nature in MILLISECONDS. Your actual delay will be off from the what RNGR tells you (e.g. mine was consistently 12-20 seconds off), so you'll have to do some adjusting.

edit: also seconding jedi's assertion of IV frame 25. That's what's worked for me in the past. Make sure not to trip the IVRNG frame.
When you say it's 12-20 seconds off, are they too early or too late? I've gotten natures that seem to be on frames higher than 300 (this taking into account the characteristics). I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I'm not taking so long.

When you say it's 12-20 seconds off, are they too early or too late? I've gotten natures that seem to be on frames higher than 300 (this taking into account the characteristics). I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I'm not taking so long.
The times posted in RNGReporter are 12-20 seconds late, so I have to subtract from the times there. Recently though I did an RNG, where the timing was only 2 seconds late, but that only happened once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)