5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thank you, one last question. You said the Gatehouse, but there is only 1.
You can't catch pokemon there so how do you catch them by going into the Gatehouse. Apologies if it sounds stupid.
The gatehouses to the Victory Road. It has the same encounter slots as Route 10, but no WNPCs.

Can someone give me a link to a guide on how to use Eon Timer. I haven't even successfully RNG'ed a pokemon yet in B2/W2 because of the Timer0 issues. Hope Eon Timer helps. Thanks in advance!
Nothing can help you with timer0 issues. You just need to reset and try again.

Hey guys : ) I got a quick question... I don't have the latest RNG reporter becaue it doesn't work on XP... I've had it on my Windows 7 but it no longer exists (PC crahsed)... I didn't have a need to RNG anymore on Black 2 so it was ok.. but, now with the new Keldeo event I want to get a good one....

So my question is, can I use my RNG reporter for XP (the one that works for BW) to find a wondercard seed for this new Keldeo event? (I would of course use the parameters for my black 2 game)

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Hey guys : ) I got a quick question... I don't have the latest RNG reporter becaue it doesn't work on XP... I've had it on my Windows 7 but it no longer exists (PC crahsed)... I didn't have a need to RNG anymore on Black 2 so it was ok.. but, now with the new Keldeo event I want to get a good one....

So my question is, can I use my RNG reporter for XP (the one that works for BW) to find a wondercard seed for this new Keldeo event? (I would of course use the parameters for my black 2 game)
No, it's impossible as the original post says. There'll be a windows XP version eventually but it's not coming until a dream radar update is out and well tested.

Can someone give me a link to a guide on how to use Eon Timer. I haven't even successfully RNG'ed a pokemon yet in B2/W2 because of the Timer0 issues. Hope Eon Timer helps. Thanks in advance!
EonTimer helps if you're trying to hit a specific timer0. Here's a link to someone's "fieldwork" experience:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/64232771?page=1

Also several posts on page 555 of this thread discuss this:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83057&page=555

So when you catch a wild pokemon (Standard Seed, with no NPC's present) you start on frame 1. The PID is different so say my nearest shiny frame is 123 for eg once I hit the standard seed. Do I have to do 122 Chatot flips or the full 123. Lastly I will be sweet scenting so does this have any effect to my count of 123?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1. Hit Calculate Initial PID (for RNG Reporter)/auto detects initial PID (PPRNG). PID frames usually start in 40-60 frames area, so you won't be doing 122 Chatot Chatters.
2. Sweet Scent in 5th Gen is not like 4th Gen: it does not advance any frame.

1. Hit Calculate Initial PID (for RNG Reporter)/auto detects initial PID (PPRNG). PID frames usually start in 40-60 frames area, so you won't be doing 122 Chatot Chatters.
2. Sweet Scent in 5th Gen is not like 4th Gen: it does not advance any frame.
PID frames calculation might not be always accurate, how can you verify your real PID?

PID frames calculation might not be always accurate, how can you verify your real PID?
As long as your set up is correct (right method selected, B/W2 check box/Memory link check box checked if need be, etc), and there are no NPCs around, RNGR is accurate. If yoursetup is wrong or there are NPCs around, just use the chatot pitches to determine your current location in regards to the PIDRNG

If I only did the Unova Link Calibration once (meaning I only have 1 Timer0 result from it) for my Black 2 on a 3DS XL, how difficult and time-consuming will it be to RNG my ID/SID?

I can't perform the Unova Link Calibration any more times since I don't have a save file but do have a WonderCard that I want to keep. I want to keep the actual card rather than just the Pokémon it contains, so I can't just start a new file, further check my parameters, RNG the WonderCard Pokémon, trade it off, delete my save, and RNG my ID/SID.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
If I only did the Unova Link Calibration once (meaning I only have 1 Timer0 result from it) for my Black 2 on a 3DS XL, how difficult and time-consuming will it be to RNG my ID/SID?

I can't perform the Unova Link Calibration any more times since I don't have a save file but do have a WonderCard that I want to keep. I want to keep the actual card rather than just the Pokémon it contains, so I can't just start a new file, further check my parameters, RNG the WonderCard Pokémon, trade it off, delete my save, and RNG my ID/SID.
Very hard and much more time consuming than usual.

Still waiting for someone to guide me on how to do that. How do i use chatot pitches to determine PID frame?
In the main window of RNGR there will be a number listed for each frame along with a categorization. For example, you will see something like High (88). There will be a number and descriptor for each PID frame, that is the pitch of Chatot's cry. Record a consistent and audible cry for Chatot and then flip through it a few times. You should notice the cry is higher and lower sometimes. This is how you follow Chatot's cry. If your SF is 48 and the cry says High (99) you will hear a very high pitched cry when you view Chatot. If the next cry is Low (3) you will hear a very deep cry from Chatot. Just look at the Low, Mid-Low, Mid, Mid-High, High descriptors and follow the cry from there. If you are not use to this it will be hard for you to distinguish between the Mid-Low, Mid, and Mid-High, but you can easily pick out a High and low, and you can easily tell that a Mid is neither High or Low. Just try and listen and determine the depth of the cry as you advance the PIDRNG.

Hope that helps, but it may be confusing. Always remember, practice makes perfect.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks and one other thing. Can the new Keldeo event be shiny?
Nope.
Title: The Mythical Pokémon Keldeo!
ID: 128
Date:
Used: No
Type: Pokémon
-----------
PID: 0 (random PID)
Species: Keldeo
Nickname: Keldeo
Nature: Random
Held item: PP Max
Ability: Justified
Origin: Game (Black 2 vs. White 2)
Shiny: No
Egg: No

Ball: Cherish Ball

IVs
HP: Random
Attack: Random
Defense: Random
S. Attack: Random
S. Defense: Random
Speed: Random
Contest stats
Cool: 0
Beauty: 0
Cute: 0
Smart: 0
Tough: 0
Sheen: 0

Attack 1: Sacred Sword
Attack 2: Hydro Pump
Attack 3: Aqua Jet
Attack 4: Swords Dance

OT: WIN2013\FFFF
ID: 1163/0
Ribbons
Wishing Ribbon

I noticed that for the encounter slot values for Black 2 (located herehttp://eggmove.com/encounterblack2.html), the locations are titled by number while sometimes followed by a letter. How do I find what in-game locations these numbers/letters correspond to?

Thanks.

It depends on what you are looking for. You should consider secondary additives like Bulbapedia to match the encounters with the table.

Otherwise, ask us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)