Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.
it can vary between DSes.
Good to know, I think I'm almost set. One thing though is that I didn't calibrate for C-Gear, and did for Standard Seeds. Will this matter? Because I did all of this, and the IVs don't match. Unless I'm getting the IVs wrong
K, I'm now confused. In black 2, I was attempting to RNG a Naughty Zekrom. Starting PIDRNG frame was 51 and I need to move it to 54 to get the desired nature. I saved 3 times and caught the Zekrom. However, it's nature is Rash instead. Checked back and Rash is in frame 57.
...Why is this?
Just don't do any chatters, and you'll be fine.
Have a question about Wondercard rng, I was able to hit my seed and timer0 serveral times but nature seems to be random and not the one indicated in time finder. Is that normal?
In black 2, is the happiny egg you get at the Nacrene City gate a gift pokemon?
I've been successfully RNGing the gift pokemon in the game like the shiny gible and eevee. But I can't seem to find the results I get with the happiny egg. Should it have its own encounter type like the larvesta egg in BW did, or does it count as a gift/stationary/whatever pokemon encounter type?
There probably won't ever be a Pokemon BW2 RNG guide considering the RNG mechanics are basically identical, but I have a few questions. Please please don't call me stupid because they are pretty stupid questions, but I really don't know the answers.
1. When you "release" Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit after walking into their cave, are their natures set then? Or are the natures set when you initiate battle with them after causing them to appear in their places in Unova? (Example, Uxie in front of Nacrene museum) And if you save in front of them after making them appear and soft reset, will they still be there?
2. Same applies to Latias. Can you save the tile before the tile that Latias will charge at you and have Latias still charge at you?
3. Is there ANY Pokemon Center in all of BW2 Unova without any wandering NPCs so I can safely RNG that event Genesect I have yet to receive?
4. How can I deal with wandering NPCs? The moment I start up the game do I have to mash A as many times as possible to talk to the legendary before said NPCs have time to move?
5. If you cause Cresselia to appear on Wonder Bridge, save in front of it, and then soft reset, will Cresslia still be there or will you have to re-activate the Lunar Wing?
BW2 in terms of the legendaries is just so confusing because many of them have very unique ways of appearing (*looks at Lake Trio*). If someone could answer my questions, I'd really appreciate it. Sorry if they're super redundant.
They're stationary, and if you save in front of them, you don't need to make them reappear - that only happens once you leave the area.
Same as above.
Castelia is the first Pokemon Center without WNPCs.
Sometimes that works, but in areas with multiple ones, it's unlikely that even mashing A will be fast enough to prevent the PIDRNG from advancing. What you need to do is figure out how much they do advance the PIDRNG, then adjust for that.
Yes, it will remain there until you leave the bridge.
1. We haven't tried yet.
2. You can. To initiate the battle just go one step forward.
3. Try Nimbasa City.
4. There are a few way to deal with wandering NPCs. When they fight you on sight, try to make them move. When they do, they will stop moving until you leave the map. Only works once.
When this is not an option but you want to do Stationary abuse, you have to enter the menu as fast as possible and figure out your frame by listening to the Chatots' cries.
When you want to do Sweet Scent, tough luck because they will move during the Scent's animation. In my experience, it is very annoying to impossible.
5. Works; it won't disappear.
Edit: Really? I thought it only took me two mitutes to write it.
1. Natures are set when you initiate the battle with them. Yes, they'll still be there.
2. Latias will only move towards you when you take the step into the title before her.
3. Castelia City
4. Depending where you are located, NPCs will still probably move as they begin moving from the season screen, when you still have no control over your character. The best thing you can do is try to figure out how many time they move.
5.She would still be there.
Do egg moves affect PID frame? I've been successfully RNGing perfect shiny eggs for a few days now, but when I tried to get a shiny Wish Eevee it stopped working altogether and I've been trying for a few hours now. I even checked the Pokemon I hatched against the adjacent PID frames, but it doesn't really match. Or does the Timer0 change when you use PokeTransfer?
EDIT: double checked Timer0 - it is right. I can still RNG wild Pokemon
Egg moves do not affect the PID. And no, PokeTransfer does nothing.
Have you checked if one of the parents is international? You have to select the appropiate Method for that.
I tend not to use the GTS. I personally caught the Ditto, and personally hatched the Eevee with Wish, so they originate from the same game. I'm pretty stumped as I just tried to RNG wild Pokemon and it still works. But I tried several different seeds to get my Wish Eevee and it still doesn't work. I even tried breeding other Pokemon, and those work...
Have you checked Ditto Parent? It gives you slightly different results.
Yes, I double checked that too, as I've made that mistake many times in the past. I'm so confused :( maybe I should just move on to a different Pokemon
We still have one before we give up: Everstone! You are sure you have given it to the correct parent? It seems to screw up the shinyness sometimes when we forget.
Try using a different seed if you can't hit this one.
Well, I gave it to the Ditto, so I'm pretty sure. I always take the Pokemon back right after I receive the egg so the daycare couple wouldn't charge me more, and I always check Everstone right after. No luck.
I already tried 4 other seeds :(, and I successfully hit this one when I tried to get a Timid Non-wish Eevee for Jolteon just earlier today
EDIT: does it matter that the seed comes BEFORE the "date received" or "date hatched" or "date met" of one of the parents?
What about Wondercard pokemon natures for BW2 does anyone know about if it's random since I can hit the IVs but not nature.
No, it does not.
We try to come up with something smart but there is not much to add. When every other egg works as planned then there must be something you have no control over.
Forgot to ask: What exactly is wrong? You may bring it to the Nimbasa IV checker to confirm you are on the correct seed (means, correct Timer0). If you are correct, then you have to find the frame you actually have hit - you know the other indicators nature and gender.
Edit for kitsura: They are not random. You probably already know that the both IVs and the Nature of Wondercard mons are tied to the PID. When searching in the Timer Finder, you should have to entered your desired nature, too. If not, try it again.
Just got it to work after trying it 6 more times. Not sure why it didn't work before. I was trying to use a seed I've used before repeatedly, but I just switched to a 2011 seed and it worked on the second try. Weird :/
EDIT: I was getting the right IVs but it was not shiny. The nature was right and so was the gender. This is why I don't like RNGing for Eevee, because it has a 87.5% chance of being male so it's hard to tell which frame you hit. I used the ability to get more of a clue, but sometimes it was Ability0 like 10 times in a row and I couldn't tell which frame I hit.
PIDRNG FRUSTRATION (help please)
ok im very new to RNG , i can do the IVs part pretty nicely but the problem is , i cant get the PIDRNG to work ...
im very frustrated atm and have read every guide , english isnt my fisrts lenguage (so i even read 2 guides in spanish) but i do understand it.
im trying to get (just to learn PIDRNG) a shiny Boldore , im in the victory road in the last floor right before the league so im alone (no npcs wandering)
1.- is it normal that every time i hit my seed the pokemon nature isnt the same?
2.- do i have to use the chatot fliping exactly to the frame advances i want to do? or juts to 1 frame before using sweet scent?
3.- the shifted frame part is just for areas with wandering NPCs right?
4.-in the "capture tab" im using 5gen standar seed (also tried pidrng option to no avail)
5.- in the main rng reporter window im supposed to paste the seed and hit the calculate starting frame, is hiting the "generate" button necesary (im doing it any ways)?
6.- in the same window when i press the generate button , sometimes it doesnt show the seed i wanted (it shows seed with frames too f***ing high for me to bother , like 4000 advances and up) is it normal? did i do something wrong for this to happen? (also these times it doesnt show the seed i chose)
calibrated by catching pkms and checking ivs (unova parameters where too random)
not using sinchronize
using 2 chatots
1. You haven't hit your seed. It depends on the Timer0 which seed you hit and since you use Black 2, it is more normal than not that you don't get the same results consecutively. Unfortunately, you cannot influence the Timer0, so, good luck.
2. Example: You start at frame 53, you want to frame 55. Listen to Chatots twice, then sweet scent.
3. Yes, whenever they move, your PID frame moves. They also move during the Sweet Scent animation.
4. That's not a question.
5. Do not forget to check "Black White 2?" and Memory Link if you did that.
6. That is the seed you are looking at; the Reporter shows you the frames in the seed. 100000 results usually, but you should focus on the frames between your starting frame and your target. When you don't want it to show that many results (for easier scolling), just limit the number of results via "Max Results".
When RNGing Hidden Grotto Pokemon, does the Pokemon that will appear in the grotto have to be RNGed separately? I'm trying to do a Hidden Grotto Minccino that I found during my in-game playthrough and I can't seem to hit my seed. I calibrated already a few times and caught a flawless Zekrom no problem. I did a few tests and I always hit the same flawless seed for Zekrom to make sure I'm having no problem. When getting a seed for Minccino, I selected 'Hidden Grotto'. I got the same seed for Zekrom, and I never seem to hit the seed for Minccino. I've done this over a dozen times, and still nothing.
Could also be a memory link thing, I must go back and try to check it. But it's strange i could hit the IVs a few times but not the nature since timer0 alone shouldn't give perfect IVs.