5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hello. I am using RNGreporter 9.96.5 BETA and a retail cart of Black 2. I am trying to RNG the Keldeo event. The time finder gives me a seed and it says Frame 130. However, when I paste the seed into the main window and click generate, it says the frame I am looking for is at Frame 128. Which one should I follow?

Hello. I am using RNGreporter 9.96.5 BETA and a retail cart of Black 2. I am trying to RNG the Keldeo event. The time finder gives me a seed and it says Frame 130. However, when I paste the seed into the main window and click generate, it says the frame I am looking for is at Frame 128. Which one should I follow?
Main window

I'd say just use those numbers as references. Assuming you hit your seed and did the "right" number of advances, but got the wrong spread, look it up on the main window, and see how many frames off you are. Then, adjust the number of advances you're making. I believe this is because the Initial Frame calculated by RNGReporter isn't right all the time, and may be off by a few frames.
I'm also trying to RNG the Wi-Fi Keldeo, and so far, we're having the same case; the Time Finder shows that I should go to frame 86, while the main window shows 84. However, I found out that after doing 31 advances (according to the main window, my starting frame was 53), I got the Keldeo that was two frames away from the spread I was looking for.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Did you click the little button in the main page that says bw2? I believe there is a offset of frames betwwe bw and bw2 and the main window won't adjust to it unless told.

I've been too busy to spend some time actually calibrating W2...will a Wondercard work for calibration purposes? (If so, Keldeo is a godsend - don't have to worry about moving things interfering!)

I've been too busy to spend some time actually calibrating W2...will a Wondercard work for calibration purposes? (If so, Keldeo is a godsend - don't have to worry about moving things interfering!)
No, as far as I know Wondercards cannot be used for calibration

I'm trying to RNG an event Thundurus on an emulator because restarting White and going through the annoying process that is roamer RNG would be too much of a hassle. I'm stuck on Timer0 values though; what should be my minmax search range for it?

Thank you to the three users with your replies, they really helped ^.^ So, then, um, how do wandering NPCs advance frames? Like, how many frames per step? I know that WNPCs affect RNGing for Wonder Card legendaries, and thankfully there's Poke Centers without WNPCs (thanks for the answers!), so I can do that without worry. But do WNPCs also affect stationary legendaries that you RNG for? Like, will them moving affect the IVs? Because I know that IVs and nature are independent of each other. Whenever I RNG for a stationary legendary, it's just for the IVs and I use Synchronize (I feel like that's what you're supposed to do, sorry if I'm being redundant)

Randomly (stress that!) moving NPCs advance the PID frame when they move. Your IVs are save, though. How many frames they move I cannot tell exactly, the last one I have seen did two frames per face-turn, so expect them to move more than one.
Generating Stationaries are at least a bit easier than Sweet Scent because they have less time to move. The best you can do is to use a Synchronizer and look for "cluster". When there are sequences like five consecutive frames for the same nature the probability is relatively high that you will get one of them.

All right, thanks.
I just realized that I don't know how to RNG for Wonder Card legendaries =_=
I read Smogon's guide and I don't understand it... I AM using the latest version (9.96.5 BETA, is that right?). Since I couldn't RNG until I created a profile, I entered randomness for my SID since I don't plan on RNGing for shinies. Will that affect my Wonder Card stuff at all? Wonder Cards can't be shiny, so I don't think it should. I'm RNGing for the event Keldeo released last year via GameStop for BW (this will be my second try, last time I tried for 3 hours and kept hitting the same wrong seed >_>).
Smogon says Target Frame - Initial frame = Advances required (via Chatot flipping, right?) But how do you find the Target Frame and Initial Frame? Smogon doesn't go very in-detail about this, or maybe I'm just overlooking something...
I'm going to RNG for a Hidden Power Ice Keldeo. Can anyone give me a thorough step by step of how to RNG for a Wonder Card legendary?
I feel like I'm spamming this thread. But you guys are seriously so helpful. Aaaand I might have more questions as I try this, so warning in advance. Feel free to let me know if I've posted too much lol.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
if you kept hitting the wrong same hit, why didn't you switch to the more common Timer0?

To find how many advances you need to do copy the seed to the main page, select Wondercard 5th gen as the method, hit claculate initial PID RNG and hit generate.

We would say: Screw "Target Frame - Initial frame = Advances required", in BW2 at least. You will save yourself a lot of time when you listen to the Chatots and detect a wrong seed right away. Try an appropiate test sound to ease it a bit.
"Target Frame - Initial frame" is the one you want to reach (the one with the perfect IVs and the desired nature) and the Initial frame is, well, the starting frame you have determined as she said.

Oh, and having a "theoretically shiny PID" does not make a non-shiny-checked Pokemon broken. It just won't be shiny.

lots of Buffy Speak here

This should be one of my last posts for a little while, got out of school early today so I've been taking care of some RNGing business.
I calibrated my White 2 game successfully and I'm off to find Synchronizers to catch dem legendaries, and so I was reading the article about catching BW2 legendaries (it hasn't become an actual article yet, it's still just a post on the forums, I guess it's a rough draft) and according to it, it says that BW2's Kyurem needs to start on a "Shifted Starting Frame". May I ask if that's true and if so someone please explain? Because that Kyurem is going to become a Kyurem-B and so I would like to RNG for it.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
there's something in the cave that advances the PID frames. Just like when there are NPCs, you need to figure out how many frames it advances for you before you can actually RNG. or you can try to figure out where you stand by listening to chatot.

This should be one of my last posts for a little while, got out of school early today so I've been taking care of some RNGing business.
I calibrated my White 2 game successfully and I'm off to find Synchronizers to catch dem legendaries, and so I was reading the article about catching BW2 legendaries (it hasn't become an actual article yet, it's still just a post on the forums, I guess it's a rough draft) and according to it, it says that BW2's Kyurem needs to start on a "Shifted Starting Frame". May I ask if that's true and if so someone please explain? Because that Kyurem is going to become a Kyurem-B and so I would like to RNG for it.
Also, do note that when you fight Kyurem for the first time and it fuses, you cannot catch it. If you want to RNG Kyurem, you have to KO the fusion, beat the story line, catch N's dragon, then you go back to RNG and catch Kyurem.

SnoopingGil

professional lurker
I've been trying to RNG the Wi-Fi Keldeo using PPRNG 1.14.3, but none of the IV-nature combinations that I get match any of the adjacent frames predicted by PPRNG. I was able to successfully RNG the Genesect event with the same setup, so I'm really confused as to why this isn't working for Keldeo. Does Timer0 just hate me or is something else going on?

I am thoroughly confused on a few things, as far as I can tell I've successfully calibrated my DSi with RNG Reporter. I am TRYING to RNG Terrakion with some nice IV's... I've saved in front of it, searched for stationary seeds, and even found one on frame one, so i changed up the date and time and used EonTimer to make sure i was starting the game at the perfect seconds or whatever, and i also picked for Jolly nature in RNG Reporter, and I'm not getting anything near that when i think i "hit the seed" that RNG Reporter said i will find a Jolly Terrakion with Nice IVs :\ I don't know what the hell I'm missing, but it is really starting to frustrate me because this wonderful game i used to love is now making me want to throw my DS across the room :( is this really worth it!?!?!

I'm playing White 2 on a DSi Running latest RNG Reporter on Windows 8

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
how many times did you calibrate? In BW2 you can easily hit over ten different timer0s so it is crucial you know for sure you're using the most common of them.

i see, so should i maybe calibrate a few different times? maybe even with the same stationary pokemon (Terrakion maybe? or is there a better one?), and look for a drastic change in what i may already have, but then look for a pattern of similarities?\

EDIT - have calibrated twice again now, 2 different timer0's... but i guess they where close? 1672 and 167B...? I'm clueless :( ugh...

Now i have calibrated 3 times with 3 different timer0's each time DX UGH

We have calibrated fifty times in order to determine our most common Timer0. It is likely that you will have multiple of them, so you at least can make use of that to get more results.
For example from fifty times we have got 10E9 and 10EA eleven times respectively, and eight times 10EB. Therefore we set our Timer0 Min and Max to 10E9 and 10EB, because those ones are likely to appear for us.

When you have a Master Ball left you better calibrate in front of a stationary mon like Virizion. It makes the whole process much faster. Calibrating three times won't be enough, since the catching process after the calibration may take up to six iterations at an average.

I've beein trying to get a Ditto from the Giant Chasm Hidden Grotto; however, I've been failing miserably, unlike my previous attempts to RNG other Hidden Grotto pokemon.
I just like to clarify; since Ditto has a 0% Gender Ratio in Hidden Grottoes, when searching for a seed, does it matter at all if I don't select anything for the Gender and Gender Ratio fields in the Hidden Grotto tab of the Time Finder?

I've beein trying to get a Ditto from the Giant Chasm Hidden Grotto; however, I've been failing miserably, unlike my previous attempts to RNG other Hidden Grotto pokemon.
I just like to clarify; since Ditto has a 0% Gender Ratio in Hidden Grottoes, when searching for a seed, does it matter at all if I don't select anything for the Gender and Gender Ratio fields in the Hidden Grotto tab of the Time Finder?
For genderless pokemon just be sure to fill in the slot and subslot, leaving the gender and gender ratio blank is fine.

We have calibrated fifty times in order to determine our most common Timer0. It is likely that you will have multiple of them, so you at least can make use of that to get more results.
For example from fifty times we have got 10E9 and 10EA eleven times respectively, and eight times 10EB. Therefore we set our Timer0 Min and Max to 10E9 and 10EB, because those ones are likely to appear for us.

When you have a Master Ball left you better calibrate in front of a stationary mon like Virizion. It makes the whole process much faster. Calibrating three times won't be enough, since the catching process after the calibration may take up to six iterations at an average.
Is Virizion the best one to do without WNPC's? I'll get on it lol

EDIT - I'm not sure i know what you mean in your last part, it may take up to 6 trys to get the right poke with IVs, after I've had to calibrate 50~ times?

2nd EDIT - Sorry :\ but do i need to be calibrating with the same date/time each time i calibrate?

After trying everything it seems like the main window gives me the correct frame. However, talking to the delivery man apparently advances the frame by 1, as I've gotten the same keldeo one frame away from mine many times already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)