5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Jesus, looks like i'm gonna try to hurry up and beat my Soul Silver, and try some RNG with that, is it any easier? Otherwise i think i will go to GameStop and return my SoulSilver for White or Black XD

EDIT - I'm not sure i know what you mean in your last part, it may take up to 6 trys to get the right poke with IVs, after I've had to calibrate 50~ times?
To be a bit more accurate: You can do nothing to influence your Timer0. Just look at your calibration results (we recommend you to keep a check sheet). You will realize that from every Timer0 you probably will hit three of them most of the time. When you begin to search for spreads, use these Timer0, but remember that you won't necessarily hit the desired one on the first try - rejoice if you do.

2nd EDIT - Sorry :\ but do i need to be calibrating with the same date/time each time i calibrate?
The date and time is not relevant, just your results.

4th gen RNG is not necessarily easier. You don't have to deal with the Timer0, but the timing you need to boot the game is not down to the second, but a matter of fractions of a second. The easiest RNG prediction would be BW1, because you usually only have two Timer0 (one of them usually is extremely common).

Your GxStat and your VFrame stay the same, your VCount is different when you use the other game but it is constant; your Timer0 range is ridiculously wide.

Back to a Hidden Grotto issue: We try to generate a Minccino. All of the Hidden Grotto are occupied expect for the actual one. There is no one in the Daycare.

According to Hozu's guide we have to match the actual frame with the one in the Time Finder. Sadly, the Time Finder does not give us a frame we can match something with. We have tried to do it thrice by now without success.

Besides, the PID frame appears to be moved when we walk the steps. We don't think it affects our work, but maybe you know better.

Edit: And is the Nature generated when it appears in the Grotto or when we talk with it?

Back to a Hidden Grotto issue: We try to generate a Minccino. All of the Hidden Grotto are occupied expect for the actual one. There is no one in the Daycare.

According to Hozu's guide we have to match the actual frame with the one in the Time Finder. Sadly, the Time Finder does not give us a frame we can match something with. We have tried to do it thrice by now without success.

Besides, the PID frame appears to be moved when we walk the steps. We don't think it affects our work, but maybe you know better.
I think that part of Hozu's guide might be outdated as newer versions or RNGr has altered the HG tab to make it easier for users. Just assume that the seeds returned use the same PID frame as the SF calculated in the main window. This is good because you don't need to do chatot flips I guess, but it also means you cannot verify your seed except by running 256 steps and reentering the Grotto. Basically, try to hit your seed, run out the Max Repel, leave and reenter the Grotto and hope your T0 didn't pull one over on you.

Also, the species and gender are the only things generated when you RNG the slots, the nature and IVs are determined when you initiate the battle.

RNG abuse help

Hi, I am currently playing Black 2 and trying to get a Cresselia with RNG abuse.

I found my parameters and searched for seeds I need to hit.
The first seed a tried, I managed to hit only a few times, however each time I did hit it it was Modest Nature.

I tried a new see today and each time I hit it it appears to be a quirky nature.
I have a munna in front of my part with the ability synchronize for a clam nature.

Can I get the IVs I want with Synchronize for the clam nature? Or is this impossible?

Thanks

ps- this is the guide i used up until: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part2

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
You need to advance the PIDRNG so you can get other natures. You can do that by saving, or listening to a recorded chatter. Each of which advances the frame by one. To know how many frames advancements you need to do simply copy the seed to the main page, select Gen 5 PIDRNG as the method, fill out the synchronizer tab as well as the encounter, click on calculate PIDRNG and hit generate. You'll notice the first nature will be the one you have been getting, just scroll down until you find the nature you want and done!

Very likely. We'll try to explain it as fail-safe as possible.

You should know that the determination of the Nature is not random. Get yourself a couple of Chatots, record a chatter and place yourself in front of Cress, lead with your Synchronizer.
Copy your seed and paste it in the main window's Seed text field while using the Gen 5 PIDRNG method. Select the Synchronizer's nature. Check the "Black White 2?" box and the Memory Link one if you have performed one. Click on Calculate Initial PID Frame, then hit Generate.

Now you will have a number of results. Scroll a bit and look or one that says Calm. You will start at the first result, and every time you listen to your recorded chatter in the status screen you will move one down. Do it until you reached your desired result, then catch Cress.

I'm having some trouble with the adjacent seed finder, it doesn't seem like any of the adjacent seeds are accurate, in addition, the target seed listed is different than the original. The seed, the timer0, the date/time, and the frames are all the same, and I'm using the same profile, but for some reason in time finder, it says that the seed will yield a flawless spread, but in the adjacent seed finder it lists the ivs as 3/5/31/31/31/31, what's going on?

SnoopingGil

professional lurker
So I've been using the Heatran in Reversal Mountain to figure out my most common Timer0 values in Black 2. When I don't hold any buttons, PPRNG is able to find parameters for any IV spreads that turn up. However, when I try holding A, X, Y, R, or Start by themselves, the DS behaves as if no buttons had been pressed at all. When I try holding 2, either the resulting IVs are completely unpredictable or the DS acts as if no buttons were pressed. Does anyone know what's going on here? Am I pressing the buttons at the wrong time?

Can anyone tell me the LOWEST and highest result in this list of timer0's? :)

167B
166B -
166B -
1676 P
1676 P
1678 X
1678 X
1678 X
167A
167D
1679 +
1679 +
1674 u
1674 u
167E

The hexadecimal number system is not difficult to understand. It's like from 0 to 9, but add A, B, C, D, E and F.

From 166B to 167E, but you should watch out for the most common results, don't take all of them. We for example only have three because the rest of them weren't hit often enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)