1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Professor Birch

Professor Birch

No not a few times. I've been trying since RNG was possible on B2/W2 and haven't been successful once.
  2. SwampertGirl

SwampertGirl

I've been trying to RNG a shiny Vulpix on W2 for a long time. I kept hitting my seed, yet all I've been getting is a Bronzor with Heatproof (which are 3 and 7). I've tried 108, 109, 110, 91, and 92 advances and ALL of them lead to the same Bronzor. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

The initial PID frame is 55 and the shiny frame is on 162. The beginning Chatot cry sounds High Pitched.

Edit: Nevermind. I finally got it. -3-;
  3. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Consider loading then saving your game. The NPCs may move differently if you do that.
  4. Onicon

Onicon

The main window, where the PID frames are: Right-click and output the results to text. We might want to take a look at them.

Oh, and there are randonly moving NPCs in the area. In order to stop them, make them engage you in battle and move away from their location. Works only once, and only until you leave the map.
  5. Blootix

Blootix

I have a question about RNGing Hidden Grotto Pokemon. Is there an easy way to count the 256 steps? Or do people just use max repel and count out 56?
  6. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

Max repel is 250 steps, plus six extra. Alternately, you can go from one side to the other, and that's 8 steps, so doing that 32 times will give you 256 steps.
  7. Blootix

Blootix

Thank you for the response!

Other quick questions: I found this post http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3411155&postcount=4 on BW2 calibration.
    a) Is the arrows thing only available on the Mac-only program PPRNG? I don't see it on RNG Reporter.
    b) What do the directions correspond to? That little box that resembles a clock that comes up at the end of the text when the game is loading?
  8. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

reposting this.
  9. ThOnly1Lft

ThOnly1Lft

Can we get any kind of idea on a way to use the PPRNG calibration method on windows? :\ or if this feature can be added to RNG Reporter?
  10. religiousjedi

religiousjedi #ZELDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

1. PPRNG exclusive at the moment.
    2. Directions are used to confirm you hit your seed. This is how you find parameters easily and how you RNG Dream Radar mons.

Wait patiently please. Slashmolder, IIRC, is the only one doing the active programming of RNG Reporter.
  11. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

afaik, that's a feature Slash is working on adding to RNGR.

edit: ninja'd by rj
  12. championdiego

championdiego

Hey everyone! I have a problem with timer0 on B2, 3DS, last RNG reporter. I only have 2: 1683 and 167C. I hit more the second one but the problem is that when i try to search for a pokemon with the time finder, it won't throw any results. I think it's not working, can anybody help me? I'm trying to get a flawless Virizion. Thanks
  13. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

You can use keypresses and/or look on different months/years!
  14. championdiego

championdiego

Um... I was thinking that i should use Eontimer, i heard that it helps you find your timer0. Is there any guide for BW2 on 3DS that explaiins how to find my parameters? Or maybe an Eontimer guide?
  15. ThOnly1Lft

ThOnly1Lft

You just set EonTimer to the number of seconds you want to hit, 30 is the easiest in my opinion. so if you want to hit the seed at 4:20:30 you'd set your clock to 4:20 on your DS, hit start on eon timer and set on the DS at the same time, or set it 1 minute before and hit eon timer when the minute changes, i do the first method and i hit every time...
    eontimer beeps 6 times, you need to start your game on the 6th beep, hope i could help
  16. championdiego

championdiego

Sure, everything helps! I'm trying this right now, thanks a lot!
  17. Reshiram89

Reshiram89

So I think I found a good seed to use for Cobalion, on black. I've never been able to RNG anything befor so this time I'll opt for a non-shiny Cobalion because it'll be easier and also because it looks better in aqua blue compared to dark blue...

The seed I found is Frame 190 and the starting frame is on 50.

I'm a bit confused about the whole chatot thing. I know I have to listen to there cries but how do I determine how many cries I have to listen to? Can someone help me out?
  18. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

Copy the seed to main page of the reporter.
    Select the type of rng you'll do.
    Specify if you're using a syncronizer or any other specific lead.
    Click calculate initial pid frame.
    Target frame - initial pid frame = advacements needed

Make sure you have a recorded chatter.
  19. Reshiram89

Reshiram89

So for me it'll be Target frame (190) -starting frame (50) =40 chatots.

Is that right?

Also since it's on frame 1 I don't have to walk 128 steps right?
  20. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

140!

Right
  21. Reshiram89

Reshiram89

Oh yeah... lol. At least there's no walking involved.
  22. championdiego

championdiego

So now that i think i found my timer0, 'cos i'm using the one that i hit more, I'm trying to RNG a Virizion, just it's IVs. How do i have to advance the frame? It's on frame 8 and i know the initial is 1, so do i have to walk a determined number of steps with X pokemon in my team or am i able to use chatot here? Sorry if don't explain myself well, hope you can help me!
  23. jp134711

jp134711

If you want to advance the IVRNG frame by X, then walk 128 steps with X pokemon. Use custom chatot pitches to advance the PIDRNG frame.
  24. championdiego

championdiego

Ok, so chatot only works for PIDRNG. Such bad luck, i have to advance 7 frames to get to frame 8. I guess i'll have to walk 896 steps with only 1 pokemon in my team :S. Thanks for the info!
  25. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Keep in mind that walking also advances the PID frame occasionally, even if you're not in an area with wild Pokémon. Stick to IV frame 1, it'll make your life a lot easier. If you can't find anything, add keypresses if you haven't already or search more months/years.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)