5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Yes, it happens to everyone. The probability of hitting your correct seed with the most common Timer0 should be around 20% in BW2 (may vary from user to user). Not getting the desired Timer0 once may be normal or anormal depending on the number of iteration you have gone through. We don't think it is too surprising when it takes less than 13 iterations.

I tried again, set the time finder to 1 frame advancement, so all I would have to do is talk to the delivery man.

The spread I ended up with is nowhere in the adjacent frames, even going as much as +/-3 seconds. Is it at this point that I begin a reset spree till I hit the right timer0?
As someone who is relatively new to RNG I'll tell you this:

Don't just look at the chatot pitch for the frame you're aiming for. Look at the chatot pitches for ALL of the frames you need to advance. If and only if the chatot pitches match the RNG program then get your pokemon. If they don't match, just turn off your DS and don't waste your time because your timer0 is wrong.

RNG Problem

I have been trying to catch a perfect cobalion, but he never has the right ivs. I've tried looking at the adjacent seeds to see if that IV spread shows up there and it does not. Should I just keep trying or am I probably doing something wrong?

I have been trying to catch a perfect cobalion, but he never has the right ivs. I've tried looking at the adjacent seeds to see if that IV spread shows up there and it does not. Should I just keep trying or am I probably doing something wrong?
If its BW2 just keep trying as previously posted. If in BW, double check your seeds date and time. Also make sure your on your frame PID with Chatots.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It was never available in a Hidden Grotto outside of an event Funfest mission.
Out of curiosity, whatever happened with that event? It was reported on Serebii, but I never heard anything about it at all after the initial reporting of the event.

Thanks for the response. Guess I'll have to settle for a male Magic Bounce Espeon.

EDIT: When do you need to RNG Kyurem in B2? Is it when you fight Kyurem-B or the actual Kyurem?

So as I mentioned earlier I decided to re-colaborate for my black version in case I accidently chose the least common Timer0, only to get the exact same Timer0 the second time, that is C7C.

I've since tried to Rng Cobalion again. I've noticed that when I do the chatot flips the pitches in the game match those on the main window in the RNGreporter, which apparently means that I hit my seed. Yet when I catch Cobalion I keep getting the wrong IVs.

So I tested catching Cobalion without doing the chatot flips only to get the same wrong pokemon, and doing the chatot flips but stopping short just to see if maybe the Initial PIDRNG frame was off a bit but again I got the same wrong pokemon.

@Blootix Don't bother with Kyurem-B, it cannot be caught.

@Reshiram89 Chatot flips do not affect your IVs in any way. Listen carefully to the cries and you will probably notice that you are not in your desired seed.
The easiest way to find out where you are is to catch is, and then calibrate to see in which second you have actually boot the game. See "Actual Seconds".

I have been listening carefully to the chatot pitches. It's pretty hard to miss:

Frame 48| Low (2)
Frame 49| Mid-High
Frame 50| Low (10)
Frame 51| Low (14)
Frame 52| Mid-High
And so on...

This is exactly what it was like in my game and I *know* I hit the right time.

When you haven't moves around and the IVs are still wrong, you should search for another seed. It sounds a bit improbable that you got the calibration messed up, so we recommend you to look for another seed.

Alright I decided to try a different seed. My target frame was 137 which had an initial PIDRNG frame of 47, so I did 90 chatot flips. The chatot flips matched those in the main window so I know that I hit the right time. However instead of getting a naive Cobalion with 31|30|30|31|31|31 I instead got a naive Cobalion with the following IV range:

23-25| 6-8| 12-13| 28-29| 6-8 |4-5

I got this spread a few times so I opened the adjacent seed tool and had a look there. I entered in all the data from the time finder window and selected +/-2. And it looks like the spread I ended up with is the first one listed in the adjacent seed tool which showed the following spread:

Frame 1 23|7|13|29|6|4

I've never used the adjacent seed tool befor so I'm not really sure what this actually means. Do I have to find my parameters again and start from scratch, load my game earlier or what?

Please help.

OK well I recently started RNGing on B2/W2. And I've hit a snag going after Uxie.
Exactly How many NPCs are in Nacrene City? I hit my seed with relative ease but I am around 10-15 frames off every time. I can't seem to pin this number down either. Does anyone know how big the offset is for Uxie?
And while I'm at it, what about for the Latis?

I hit the target because when I collaborated for my parameters I consistently kept getting the timer0 C7C which also showed up in the adjacent seed finder with the IVS I mentioned earlier.

I've been RNGing on my Black 2 for a while now. Today I tried to RNG metang in the giant chasm, but I couldn't clear the fog, I already tried the method that's written on the first post but it didn't work for me, after encountering a pokemon the season didn't change and the fog remained. Help anyone? Greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I hit the target because when I collaborated for my parameters I consistently kept getting the timer0 C7C which also showed up in the adjacent seed finder with the IVS I mentioned earlier.
Then you are not hitting your time. Check to make sure you are starting your game at the correct seconds value (-1 second for a DS/Lite, -8 seconds for a 3DS/DSi)
If you are hitting the correct time and keypresses then its your timer0 and you probably need to recalibrate.

I've been RNGing on my Black 2 for a while now. Today I tried to RNG metang in the giant chasm, but I couldn't clear the fog, I already tried the method that's written on the first post but it didn't work for me, after encountering a pokemon the season didn't change and the fog remained. Help anyone? Greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
It does not work in BW2, BW only.

Something new: Has anyone tried to RNG Ruri/Tetsu (whatever their names are) Pokemon? Is it possible and can they be shiny?

And is it possible to RNG taht Happiny egg? We know that that question has already been asked a few time but it never got answered. It would be nice if someone at least tell us that you have no idea yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 33)