5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Paste the seed's name (that String sequence) in the panel of the main window that says "Seed (Hex)".

For BW, press "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame".
For BW2, check "Black White 2?" and "Memory Link" when you have performed an Unova Link already, then press "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame".

Version: RNG Reporter 9.96.5 BETA w/ EonTimer v1.6
Capture: Virizion. 31/31/31/31/31/30. Hasty. Not Shiny. White 2. English. DSi.
Seed: C5B6C6B0F43826E8.
Frame: 100.
Keypress: Left
Date/Time: 12/10/12 @ 05:47:31.
MAC: CC-9E-00-79-32-6A.
VCount: AC
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 8
Timer0 Min: 166C
Timer0 Max: 1673

5th Generation Time Finder
Method: IVs (Standard Seed)
Encounter Type: Stationary Pokemon
Encounter Slot: Any
(see above for nature and IVs)

RNG Reporter 9.96.5 BETA Window

Method: Gen 5 PIDRNG

For some reason the time finder window and the main window have different results for frame 100. Time finder states it should be Hasty, main window states Timid. I increased the frame from a start of around 49-50 to frame 99 via Chatot sounds. These matched the predicted chatters. I encountered Virizion for frame 100. Caught him, and the nature was Adamant and the IV's were off (only 31 being Health).

I've done RNG manipulation of White without much problem. For some reason I cannot get White 2 to work. I have not done anything with memory link, the memory link is not selected.

Just to ensure my method is correct... I first calibrated my DSi to find my timer0 settings. I have two ranges--one at VCount AD and one at VCount AC. I find I get AC about 2/3 of the time so I selected this with a timer0 range of 166C to 1673 (I get between these most often).

Once I saved the profile for my game, I clicked "Time Finder" > "5th Generation Time Finder" and entered desired IVs and Nature. I set Method as "IVs (Standard Seed)", Encounter Type as "Stationary Pokemon" and Encounter Slot as "Any." There were approximately 14 results with these settings. I selected a seed at target frame 100 to ensure I hit my seed (by listening to Chatot pitches). After 5-7 tries, I finally hit the correct timer0 and seed. I advanced to the target frame of 100; and had the results I mentioned above.

Am I just missing something?

You're getting the IVRNG and PIDRNG mixed up. You're not getting the IVs you want because the IVs are on Frame 100 (which you cannot advance with chatots). You need to re-search with a 1/1 min/max IV frame on the Time Finder.

Paste the seed's name (that String sequence) in the panel of the main window that says "Seed (Hex)".

For BW, press "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame".
For BW2, check "Black White 2?" and "Memory Link" when you have performed an Unova Link already, then press "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame".
I thought I was supposed to find the initial frame from the IVs of the target pokemon when I did not advance any frames, but entered the game at the same time.

How do I find the seed from IVs in the RNG reporter?

So I've been testing out the Eontimer v1.6 with the time 10:51:35, setting the target seconds to 34 since my offset in my parameters is listed as 1. However the last few times when I've pressed a on the last beep, I've noticed that the seconds hand on my DS lite is usually around 33 seconds. Does this mean that my offset is actually two seconds?

Verson: RNG Reporter 9.96.5 BETA
Capture: Eevee: 31/30/31/30/31/31 Not shiny or specific nature/gender
Seed: 313833999565BC85
Frame: 1
Keypress: A-Up-L
Date/Time: 01/09/13 01:34:07
MAC: 2C10C1861126
VCount: AD
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 8
Timer0: 167D
5th Gen Time Finder:
Method: IVs (Standard Seed)
Encounter Slot: 9, 11

I've been attempting to RNG abuse a wild Eevee in White 2 in Castelia, however a Rattata appeared with the IV spread I wanted instead. I used the encounter table that the RNG Reporter provides to figure out which encounter slots to use. This is the resulting Rattata: https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=3468602
I only want a specific IV spread so I don't believe that I need to advance any frames since the target frame is 1.
I'm using a 3DS.

I've been attempting to RNG abuse a wild Eevee in White 2 in Castelia, however a Rattata appeared with the IV spread I wanted instead. I used the encounter table that the RNG Reporter provides to figure out which encounter slots to use. This is the resulting Rattata: https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=3468602
I only want a specific IV spread so I don't believe that I need to advance any frames since the target frame is 1.
I'm using a 3DS.
And that is the problem: Even when there is no need for nature, ability and shininess, you still have to get the correct PID frame to determine which Pokemon will appears (Encounter Slot). Considering that Eevees are rare and that there is a buttload of moving NPCs, it is going to be a very tendious process.

Then why the difference in the seconds?
The EonTimer expects you to press after 0:00. Since you press the button before the timer runs out (just like me) you have to set the timer a bit different. In your case, just add one more second to your target time as we did in the last picture. To hit 34, set the target time to 35.
And sorry for the trouble the last picture caused. I let my sister make them and she accidentally set the timer one second lower, not higher.
I corrected this one.

In White (not White2) Im am attempting to get a shiny Landorus.
The NPC's are causing me abit of a headache by throwing my PID frame off. Just wanted to clarify that saving 1 PID frame before and mashing A to encounter Landorus will hopefully give me a shiny if I'm quick enough. So in theory same process for breeding?

Would someone be kind enough to give some advice on RNGing shiny Uxie then? I really cannot seem to do it... Should I look for a seed that has a high shiny frame (like 100+ advancements)?

In White (not White2) Im am attempting to get a shiny Landorus.
The NPC's are causing me abit of a headache by throwing my PID frame off. Just wanted to clarify that saving 1 PID frame before and mashing A to encounter Landorus will hopefully give me a shiny if I'm quick enough. So in theory same process for breeding?
Yes, same as breeding.... When you determine your starting frame (I suggest not using a synchronizer so you can pinpoint it better), just keep reseting and advancing til you hit the shiny frame... Took me about 6-7 tries...

Yes, same as breeding.... When you determine your starting frame (I suggest not using a synchronizer so you can pinpoint it better), just keep reseting and advancing til you hit the shiny frame... Took me about 6-7 tries...
When you say not to use a synchroniser, should i remove it completly from the party and just look for spreads with Jolly pre determined?

When you say not to use a synchroniser, should i remove it completly from the party and just look for spreads with Jolly pre determined?
I mean put it in another slot in your party, capture Landorus and check what frame you hit (it would be hard to differentiate between frames because the jolly ones made by synchronize would look the same)... Then when you're advancing to get a shiny just swap the synchronizer into the first slot in your party.

You probably know this but do not do a scenario where you would determine starting frame via above method, then switch syncher to first slot and save (because that would change the starting frame)

I mean put it in another slot in your party, capture Landorus and check what frame you hit (it would be hard to differentiate between frames because the jolly ones made by synchronize would look the same)... Then when you're advancing to get a shiny just swap the synchronizer into the first slot in your party.

You probably know this but do not do a scenario where you would determine starting frame via above method, then switch syncher to first slot and save (because that would change the starting frame)
Great thank you! Here it goes...

Just for future reference: There is only one NPC in the area who moves the PID frame. It is that one Youngster south of the shrine. He can be eliminated by battling him.

Why would one catch Landorus to check the shifted PID frame? Using a good Chatot sound and listening to the chatter works just as fine - we think. Are we missing something?

and @Gajeel
Have you enabled keypresses? You will loads of results when you do. 100 advancements are just fine.

Just for future reference: There is only one NPC in the area who moves the PID frame. It is that one Youngster south of the shrine. He can be eliminated by battling him.

Why would one catch Landorus to check the shifted PID frame? Using a good Chatot sound and listening to the chatter works just as fine - we think. Are we missing something?

and @Gajeel
Have you enabled keypresses? You will loads of results when you do. 100 advancements are just fine.
Well there is a youngster who I have battled but he does still moves, he turns every second or so.

EDIT: It worked. Thanks to all above posts.

And that is the problem: Even when there is no need for nature, ability and shininess, you still have to get the correct PID frame to determine which Pokemon will appears (Encounter Slot). Considering that Eevees are rare and that there is a buttload of moving NPCs, it is going to be a very tendious process. [/URL]
I though that there was only one NPC there?

Would someone be kind enough to give some advice on RNGing shiny Uxie then? I really cannot seem to do it... Should I look for a seed that has a high shiny frame (like 100+ advancements)?
yes, start with finding a high shiny frame, then keep track of a set of chatot pitches (say 5-10) and see if you can find that set within your list of chatot pitches.

Can shiny Haxorus be RNGed? I manage to get the IVs, but i can't get both nature and ability right, when i get one i don't get the other.

EDIT: I'm confused, my initial PIDRNG frame is 47, although i know it starts on frame 62. But when I advance the necessary PID frames (14) with my chatot it takes me to a pokémon which is on frame 51!!! Can anybody help me?

Can shiny Haxorus be RNGed? I manage to get the IVs, but i can't get both nature and ability right, when i get one i don't get the other.

EDIT: I'm confused, my initial PIDRNG frame is 47, although i know it starts on frame 62. But when I advance the necessary PID frames (14) with my chatot it takes me to a pokémon which is on frame 51!!! Can anybody help me?
That Shiny Haxorus can be generated. It works just like any other stationary Pokemon, but with a twist. Between talking to it and the battle itself the PID frame is advanced by 1. That's because of the forced shininess.

So let's say, the target frame is 62. You have to advance your PID frame to 61, then talk to it.

We don't know what to say about your edit. Have you checked if the seed was the correct one (IV check)?
Anyway, just do it as described.

Well there is a youngster who I have battled but he does still moves, he turns every second or so.
You have to make him move away from his place. That means, that it won't work when you talk to him. He has to engage the battle.

Anyone able to help? I'm trying some basic C-Gear RNG and I must be doing something very wrong...

I have the latest RNG reporter, EON timer etc. I'm playing Black 2 on a DS Lite.
The only success I've had so far is to find my DS parameters. I'm using Rare Candies and the Serebii IV calculator to find IVs.

I want to Entralink RNG so I'm starting with C-Gear abuse in the Victory Road cave with Sweet Scent in order to get a feel for calibrating and hitting seeds. I've followed the steps in the guides here (and elsewhere) but must be missing a key step as when I search for the IVs of the pokemon I catch, I get no matches no matter how wide I set my Adjacent Finder parameters. Here's my process:

1. Pick some IVs in the 5th Generation Time Finder
  2. Method: IVs (C-Gear Seed), Encounter Type: Wild Pokemon, Delay range: 2800-3200, Frame range 1-100(?)
  3. Pick an IV spread with Frame 3 (some video recommended this for C-Gear)
  4. Chose a date - set DS to that date
  5. Choose delay and second count - put this into EON timer. EON timer is on the 5 tab with C-Gear mode and 0 Calibration (have tried with default)
  6. Set DS time to that found above minus EONs "minutes before target"
  7. Start EON timer and set DS time simulaneously
  8. Turn on DS and wait for EON's first timer to "Touch Screen to continue"
  9. Start game without C-Gear, no buttons pressed before GameFreak light
  10. Once in game, start C-Gear but wait for 2nd EON timer before confirming.
  11. Sweet scent, catch pokemon, find IVs, search for IVs and get no matches!

I've tried the above with a wide range of frames, delays etc and nothing is working. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)