5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
No need to do c-gear rng anymore; it's been a while since nonc-gear has been available for every console

We still have a few open issues:

Something new: Has anyone tried to RNG Ruri/Tetsu (whatever their names are) Pokemon? Is it possible and can they be shiny?

And is it possible to RNG that Happiny egg? We know that that question has already been asked a few time but it never got answered. It would be nice if someone at least tell us that you have no idea yet.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yes, you can RNG Curtis and Yancy's Pokemon, but I don't know the specifics are other than they can't be shiny.

And yes, you can RNG the Happiny egg, but I've got no clue what IV frame it uses, or the PID generation method.

@Onicon, yeah you can RNG them. Just use Yancy's/Curtis's TID/SID in your RNGReporter/PPRNG search. Their SIDs are written in this thread somewhere...

There are tons of wandering NPCs in the amusement park area, so you will just have to be persistent with getting the right nature. tbh, it's not worth the RNGing effort since they don't have any egg moves and you can just breed for the right DWFs.

I have never liked to use "RNG" as a verb. It always comes across as stupid. Pardon me.

Let's try something different: We boot the game on a specific time and want to know what kind of seeds may appear for every different Timer0. That way we don't have to reboot every time to check the Timer0. We think that way we can find out which Methods are used for the generation of the Pokemon; at least for Yancy/Curtis trading we'd like to find out if it is a Gift, a Wondercard equivalent, or neither one.

@jp134711
You appear to be familiar with them. Do you know with which method the IVs are generated?

Edit: Thanks The Agonist, we will tell you when we succeed.

We don't recommend you to calibrate with Kyurem in W2. After the battle you are forced into a lengthy conversation. Try any other stationary but Kyurem.
Kyurem is fair in W, but there you don't need to calibrate that much.

@Onicon I just had another look at that picture of your EonTimer and I noticed that mine seems to be missing the target delay box and the options for c-gear and entrelink. Is this covered in the settings or are you using a different version? The one I've got is version1.6. Thanks for your help btw.

Question, can wonder card Pokemon be shiny though RNG? For example, the Kaledo that was just given out. And are they under gift or stationary?

That answer is only half-right. The other half says, that the Strongest Pikachu can be shiny. When you have the Japanese Version, here is a buttload more of unchecked cards like the Searcher Pilup, Kyushu Super-Powerful Pokemon, the ones you get at Fukuoka and the Sakura Shinkansen Pikachu. Regional favourism at best!

Ok thanks. Time to go calibrate around 50 times :). I'll share the results when I'm done!
You should really calibrate using the spinner method in BW2. It's far more reliable and less time consuming.

Can the gift Eevee be shiny in BW2? Any advice on hitting the PID frame? It does have a gender lock so I wonder if that changes things.

With spinner calibration you probably mean the Unova Link calibration. That is a PPRNG only in the moment and unavailable for Windows and Linux user.

As for the Eevee: No, it won't be shiny. Also, the PID frame is advanced by 1 when it is generated. You should hit the frame before your target frame.
Edit: Always male. I am the faster ninja editor.

To do PIDRNG, do i have to set on time finder: method PIDRNG? Or do i have to use it only for standard abuse and then do the PIDRNG on the main page of the RNG reporter? Is there a guide for this? I'm on B2 with a 3DS device.
Also i would like to know if there's a guide for dream radar. Thanks!

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
if you set the timer for PIDRNG, you will never get the IVs you want. use a standard seed and then do the PID in the main page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)