1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Arkgain

Arkgain

So there's no way to clear fog at all in BW2?
  2. Zenotwapal

Zenotwapal

There is NO way to clear the fog in the Giant Chasm in B2/W2.

Reposting this:
    OK well I recently started RNGing on B2/W2. And I've hit a snag going after Uxie.
    Exactly How many NPCs are in Nacrene City? I hit my seed with relative ease but I am around 10-15 frames off every time. I can't seem to pin this number down either. Does anyone know how big the offset is for Uxie?

And while I'm at it, what about for the Latis?
  3. Arkgain

Arkgain

I've done the latis, there's one WNPC in dreamyard, it would be a lot easier if u just battle him on the spot and catch it without moving out of the map and u can just use frame 1 for that.
  4. Agonist

Agonist This god that I worship, this demon I blame
    is a Forum Moderator

There are seven WNPCs in Nacrene City, none of them battleable.
  5. Zenotwapal

Zenotwapal

So this means a 7 frame offset right? Or are the advancements varied?
  6. Onicon

Onicon

No the frame advances every time they move and even then you cannot tell by how much. There one one NPC who moved the frame by two every time he turns. There was one NPC who moved the frame by 4 every time he turns. In combination, we have no idea what the offset will be, especially because you don't have all of them on screen..
  7. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

You probably set the method to PIDRNG in Time Finder. Doing so doesn't search for IVs, you'll have to set the method to IVs (standard seed).
  8. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

Additionally, it changes each time you save.
  9. Reshiram89

Reshiram89

Not quite, I searched for a seed with desirable IVs in the Time Finder and the PIDRNG in the main window. I thought that was the way I'm supposed to do it, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm still wondering what I'm supposed to do with the results from the Adjacent Seed tool, that is +-2. I'm guessing that this means that my actual seconds is 2, not 1 like I thought it was. Is there a way to refine the offset etc without having to re-callibrate all over again?
  10. Onicon

Onicon

Forget the Adjacent Seed tool, you only need it for the previous generations.

How to handle the actual seconds: As said, you just have to remember the difference between the actual seconds and the second you have pressed - don't worry, it is constant, so you only need to do it once. The best way to get a consistent result is to use an external timer like EonTimer, or any timer that displays milliseconds.
    Perform a calibration, take any second you want like 30. Try to hit it, then let the RNG Reporter search for the seed you have actually hit, take a look at the actual second. Tell us when you have it done.
  11. Gajeel

Gajeel

Let me just say after about 5 different seeds and well over 100 attempts... Do not go for a shiny Uxie : / Each time you hit the seed the people move so fast that you can never tell what your actual starting frame is...

I tried a method where I would always assume the starting frame is moved by say 5 (since that's the result I once got)... Hoping that it would repeart and therefor work...

But it seems in the few seconds between you closing the meny and talking to uxie they advance them again... In conclusion, go for non shiny
  12. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

that's definitely not true, because many people have done it, on retail carts.
  13. Shii

Shii zap
    is a Forum Moderator

This is true, but honestly, why would anyone want to get Uxie shiny? I mean Jesus, it was yellow enough as a normal pokemon.
  14. Reshiram89

Reshiram89

I've downloaded the EonTimer v1.6 and now I'm wondering what I'm supposed to put in the Calibration box? At the moment it just says -95.

Also do I have to do a search in the RNG reporter DS Parameters first and then open the EonTimer and do another search or is it the other way around?
  15. championdiego

championdiego

I think that the initial frame in PIDRNG is not accurate, so it's not 47 for sure, for example, my initial frame when i try PIDRNG is actually 62, it's 15 frames more, because it shows me 47, but it's 62. You should check that! Sorry if i'm not clear
  16. Skuntank

Skuntank

I can't send my results to time finder. There's no button. Eh...

Can I have some help?
  17. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

What exactly do you mean?
  18. Skuntank

Skuntank

There is a "Send results to profile" button or something like that where the button should be.
  19. Reshiram89

Reshiram89

What's the correct settings for the EonTimer when using black? Like what am I supposed to put in boxes under the actions, application, timer tabs etc... Can anyone point me to a guide specifically for gen 5? Also I'm still not sure how I'm supposed to use it to find my parameters.
  20. Onicon

Onicon

Don't touch anything but the "Target Second" panel and the C-Gear box.

Uncheck the C-Gear bock and insert your target seconds.
    Try to hit your target time with the aid of the EonTimer.
    Calibrate the Pokemon in order to get the actual seconds; as said, you only need to do it once.
    From that point, remember the difference.

Tell us when you have done that part.

Edit: We have tried to sum things up in three pictures
    5th Gen Calibration My EonTimer Timing (DS Lite); 5th Gen Calibration; 5th Gen Setting EonTimer

We should do a picture series eventually, when we have time.
  21. Blootix

Blootix

Any tips for RNGing a shiny Kyurem in BW2? I've been trying for a while but the Chatot pitches are never right :(

edit: I've successfully RNG'd shiny Heatran, Latios, 3 Musketdeers in this game already but Kyurem seems to be very difficult.
  22. Onicon

Onicon

Remember the Chatot pitches don't start at the starting frame (something in the cave moves the PID frame). You probably know how to deal with it, because you have already caught the three ponies and Latios. So keep trying!
  23. Blootix

Blootix

Caught it, thanks! Got all legendaries in B2, onto the Hidden Grottos :)
  24. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

You first create a profile and then use that profile in the time finder
  25. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey

For wondercard seeds, how do you find the initial frame? the guide is little to vague on this point for me to understand.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)