5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello everyone, I am trying to RNG breed shiny + flawless zoroark.

I use the chatots to advance my frame and I hatch the shiny pokemon with my desired nature. However, the IVs are off. I am using a ditto and a japanese zoroark (both flawless). I don't know what I am doing wrong. Thank you.
With international breeding, you will have multiple shiny frames near each other, and it's possible two or more of them will have the same nature (especially if you used Everstone). Open your seed in the main window and see if any of the shiny frames match the IVs you got, then adjust your Chatters so you hit your target instead.

You are right. I have 2 modest nature right next to each other, but all I see is the 3 IVs inherited from the parent; for the others it is blank.

Example: Fe Fe x Fe x x

I am assuming the blanks = 31? because I searched for a flawless seed in time finder. Thank you.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
The blanks are the IVs that are not inherited. They come from frame 8 of the IVRNG from your current seed.

Frame 8 of the IVRNG, hm... Could you please explain what that is? How do I check that? Sorry, I am new to rng in the 5th gen. Thank you

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh, you don't have to advance the IVRNG at all for eggs. The frame 8 thing is automatically taken into account.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
To see the missing IVs, right-click > Display Parents In Search, then input their IVs and click Get IVs from IVRNG (Frame 8), and that should give you all the details.

Trying to RNG for ID/SID for my White 2 cartridge on the get-go. Seems like I need all the Seed Encryption variables first, though.. What's the usual VCount / Timer0 for White 2?

EDIT: Or do I have to play through my White 2 first to the point where I can IV-check and do calibrations myself?
Does anyone have any tips for ID/SID RNG'ing for first timers? (I have RNG experience in 4th/5th gen, but first time trying RNG on B2W2)

RNGing on Black/White 2, when you calibrate to find your timer0's, is it better to use the most common timer0 or is it better to use the entire range that you get?

Trying to RNG for ID/SID for my White 2 cartridge on the get-go. Seems like I need all the Seed Encryption variables first, though.. What's the usual VCount / Timer0 for White 2?

EDIT: Or do I have to play through my White 2 first to the point where I can IV-check and do calibrations myself?
Does anyone have any tips for ID/SID RNG'ing for first timers? (I have RNG experience in 4th/5th gen, but first time trying RNG on B2W2)
If you haven't already, try reading my guide (link in sig). It's for BW, but BW2 is basically the same thing, except more timer0s. Make sure you find your parameters first.

RNGing on Black/White 2, when you calibrate to find your timer0's, is it better to use the most common timer0 or is it better to use the entire range that you get?
I'd say it's better to use the most common one you hit, but if you feel that you hit some timer0s an equal amount of times you could try a range.

Is it possible to RNG the magikarp that guy sells on Marvelous Bridge?
Yes, I believe so. Method 5, gift pokemon I think.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear

Depends on the DS. DS Lite is 10F2-10F8 for timer0's, and VCount is 82.

I use the most common Timer0s that I normally hit, 10F3/10F4/10F6.

Is it possible to RNG the magikarp that guy sells on Marvelous Bridge?
Yes it is.

When RNGing my ID/SID in B2/W2, what's a good frame range to use? Also, what are the purposes of the "Calculate Min Frame" and "Existing Save File" checkboxes? What exactly is meant by the "Starter" column?

Is there a way to find what Timer0 I hit via the Pandora's Box Seed Finder?

So how accurate is the initial frame calculated from b/w international breeding? I seem to have hit my seed perfect yesterday and matching the chatot frames, but I can't anymore. I always hear random chatot pitches, I don't know if it's just my ears...

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
When trying to PIDRNG does using sweet scent to find the pokemon mess up the frame?
No, but random NPCs can move during the Sweet Scent animation, making things difficult.

So how accurate is the initial frame calculated from b/w international breeding? I seem to have hit my seed perfect yesterday and matching the chatot frames, but I can't anymore. I always hear random chatot pitches, I don't know if it's just my ears...
While you technically start on the initial frame, there is a random NPC in the area that advances the PIDRNG. So by time you can get to the menu (NPCs move during the season splash screen) you're no longer on the initial frame.

Agonist

When RNGing my ID/SID in B2/W2, what's a good frame range to use? Also, what are the purposes of the "Calculate Min Frame" and "Existing Save File" checkboxes? What exactly is meant by the "Starter" column?

Is there a way to find what Timer0 I hit via the Pandora's Box Seed Finder?
I normally use 25-40 range for mine. As for the other stuff, I've got no clue how RNGR works in regards to Pandora's box, so someone else will have to explain.

No, but random NPCs can move during the Sweet Scent animation, making things difficult.

While you technically start on the initial frame, there is a random NPC in the area that advances the PIDRNG. So by time you can get to the menu (NPCs move during the season splash screen) you're no longer on the initial frame.
Alright, thank you, is there a common amount it gets shifted by or is it random?

Alright, I hit my seed and I think I have the desired pokemon I want. I heard it wasn't possible to trade the egg without losing it's shinyness when it's from international parents. Is it true?

Agonist

Yes, that's true (actually in any situation, unless you RNG the egg to hatch shiny on the other game, it wouldn't ever hatch shiny, unless it was a shiny PID on that game as well, which is extremely unlikely). International parents changes something (forget what off the top of my head) that make it unable to be traded, and hatch shiny.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
MM checks against YOUR TID/SID. Meaning that it stops rerolling for the PID when it's shiny on the save it came from. It wouldn't stop if you use someone else's TID/SID.

MM checks against YOUR TID/SID. Meaning that it stops rerolling for the PID when it's shiny on the save it came from. It wouldn't stop if you use someone else's TID/SID.
Alright thanks for the info.

Anyways, I have a question regarding 4th gen rnging. I was RNGing my heart gold sid/tid. I got a modest/calm flawless seed. I was successful, but is it true that no adamanant + flawless seeds exist? And synchronize doesn't work on stationaries like it does for black/white for heart gold/ss right?

@Princess of Johto
@The Agonist

Thank you guys for your helpful posts. I've successfully RNG'ed my ID/SID for White 2, now onto shiny starters!

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright thanks for the info.

Anyways, I have a question regarding 4th gen rnging. I was RNGing my heart gold sid/tid. I got a modest/calm flawless seed. I was successful, but is it true that no adamanant + flawless seeds exist? And synchronize doesn't work on stationaries like it does for black/white for heart gold/ss right?
Adamant hex-flawless is impossible. But you don't really need such a spread, so Adamant penta-flawless is fine.

Sync works on stationaries in all games where it had the out-of-battle effect except Emerald.

Adamant hex-flawless is impossible. But you don't really need such a spread, so Adamant penta-flawless is fine.

Sync works on stationaries in all games where it had the out-of-battle effect except Emerald.
So if I stood in front of Ho-Oh (in heart gold) and I had an adamant synch in my party, it would affect it to have hex-flawless with adamant instead of a modest/calm nature? Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)