1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. championdiego

championdiego

Yeah, just noticed it. Thanks Hozu!
  2. championdiego

championdiego

Also with that step you have to take before encountering. Does it change aything? PID or something?
  3. BlakDragon

BlakDragon

The step you must take will advance the PIDRNG by 2.
  4. Reshiram89

Reshiram89

Nevermind I got my bold flawless Cottonee *grins.* Gonna RNG a few more wild pokemon for breeding purposes.
  5. religiousjedi

religiousjedi brb, drowning another lousy, evil cat (Litten).
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

No it doesn't. Lati@s is not in any grass or cave. The only risk you have with taking the step is advancing the IV frame should you trip the step counter.
  6. GreenestTea

GreenestTea

I have a few questions about Cresselia in White 2.

Is Cresselia considered a stationary encounter?
    What may be some deterring factors on Marvelous Bridge?

Mainly ask because I've managed to hit my seed before, but on all consequent attempts there has been no success. This actually brings me to another question. Are there occasions during B/W 2 RNG that you'd have to re-calibrate and find and entirely different seed? By this I mean do my parameters over of course.
  7. Mo96

Mo96

No. There are over 20 timer0's (I think) for BW2 and it would be better to calibrate over 50 times to find which timer0 your DS is more comfortable with.
  8. Onicon

Onicon

What a mess! Where to start?

Cresselia is a stationary encounter. The problem in BW2 is that the Timer0 is very inconsistent compared to BW, so you have to calibrate much more often (we recommend not to do less than thirty iterations) and even then it may take dozens of attemps until you get the right seed.

Ignore the wrong IVs, they are on the wrong seed. The only reasonable explaination we have is that you constantly hit the wrong seed and that the IVs are not as perfect as it appears. I would check the IVs with the guy in the subway, because he can determine which values are the highest (penta flawless, we assume).
    But assuming you have hit the seed constantly (which is quite a feat in BW2), you should get either a female Jolly Clefairy with Magic Guard. In order to get a Sneasel, you need to reach the 59th frame with 10 advances, not 9. It will be synchable Impish, ergo Jolly with a Synchronizer.

The results of 8A3048ODACD6ED59 we have got does not match with yours. It is better just to bewgin anew, though.
  9. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey

Im using the serebii IV calculator.

And it does not seem the results for the seed I am using are the same for me on the RNG reporter. For me frame 59 is Hardy, non synch.

Also another pokemon that pops up is a modest male piloswine with 9 advances. I tried to 23 advances to get to another jolly frame, and i got the same piloswine.

also with the 10 advances you mentioned I do, i get a jolly female piloswine, with the right IVs <---this happened twice.
  10. Onicon

Onicon

No need for Serebii when the RNG-Reporter has its own IV-Checker. "Pokedex-IV Checker" to be exact.

Just to be clear: We assume you are still using F40E85DE4CE68FA8, Wild Encounter, BW2. The starting frame is 49, you are looking for Sneasels, Encounter Slot 0.

Does your RNG-Reporter look like this?
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Here is a rundown of target frames:
    [​IMG]

As said, according to your results 105 is the most likely to give a Sneasel, bugs or not. But first we have to form a consensus about our results. Why don't they match with yours?
  11. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey

Where it says wild pokemon, i have it set to cave spot wild.

where it says synchronize, i have it set to jolly. using a jolly synchro musharna.

The starting frame is the same, but only the number (49) not nature.

I do not have memory link, i don't have BW1.
  12. Onicon

Onicon

Why do you have Cave Spot? It is not like you want to abuse twirling sand, they only give Excadrills. The items under Encounter Slot are pretty much a giveaway.

Use Wild Pokemon to get the same results!
  13. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey

-.- ahh..

didn't know that
  14. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey

Ok so three times now I've gotten a weavile with the right IVs, gender, and ability by using 11 chatot cries. But they all had the wrong nature.

Onicron(s), you said something about trying to hit a PID frame that does not have a bolded nature, so I guess i'll try that next.---> tried that. right ivs, gender...wrong nature.

but why doesn't the synchronizer seem to be working..?
  15. championdiego

championdiego

How recomendable is to use a seed from 2019? :P

EDIT: I mean for legality...
  16. Agonist

Agonist The day the world went away
    is a Forum Moderator

Why would it matter?

There's no rule that prevents you from changing the date on your DS.
  17. championdiego

championdiego

Can't RNG Latios in B2, is not timer0 troll, there's something else bothering me i can't even get the IVs. I stopped that wNPC so is not that. I think that step before battling is what's bothering me, any suggestions?
  18. Agonist

Agonist The day the world went away
    is a Forum Moderator

The step to initiate the battle doesn't have any effect on anything, so you're just experiencing Timer0 troll.
  19. championdiego

championdiego

I did it. Thanks for all your help!
  20. Mo96

Mo96

I am doing Hidden Grotto Encounter abuse for an imposter ditto. This is what I did:
    1. I made sure all the grottoes are not empty.
    2. I went to the grotto in Giant Chasm and picked up the item then saved.
    3. I checked all the boxes from 0 to 3 for the subslot.
    4. Checked 0 for the slot.
    5. I hit my seed, walk 256+ steps, exit the grotto and re-enter it.
    No ditto there. I once got a damp mulch too. I am using a DSi. Help please :)
  21. Onicon

Onicon

You did everything right (no PID advancements or whatsoever). That is just the Timer0 that is not right. Keep trying.
  22. BlakDragon

BlakDragon

Ohhhh, so the PIDRNG advancement doesn't just happen in places where there can be wild encounters; you have to be within the actual spawn tiles of that place. OK noted =x

Also fug that step counter bs, that may be annoying to deal with when I finally get to abusing the RNG for the guys in my Entralink. ¬¬
  23. championdiego

championdiego

taking one step in an area with wild pokemon (grass, cave, water) advances the PID frame by two right? I mean EACH step you take the PID goes up by 2
  24. BlakDragon

BlakDragon

Yes, turning your guy in another direction while in said area will also advance it by 2 IIRC.
  25. Reshiram89

Reshiram89

Hi guys I'm currently trying to RNG my TID/SID in black. I'm using the following seed:

ADFA2178671C5CFD

The initial frame says it's 49 which is the frame that keeps popping up as shiny -when I hit that frame I get a quiet Oshawott. However when I calibrated to find my real initial frame I found out that my initial frame is frame 46 and I want to advance the PIDRNG to frame 52 which has the desired nature. I'm not sure if the main window is right, but for me it says that this frame will give me a timid Oshawott and this is the one that I selected to be shiny in pandora's box.

Here's some screen shots:
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

32-27=5

So I said no to my name 5 times and got the TID 58202.

I went back to the time finder and hit the seed. Then I went to the main window and lowered it to frame 39 so that I could check which PID I hit. Based on the nature and gender I determined that it was on frame 46 -docile. Then I turned off the game and repeated the process but this time I saved once befor choosing my starter pokemon. This time I landed on frame 47 -naive. Then again I turned off the game, hit the time again, and saved six times. I got timid -likes to thrash about (male) but it wasn't shiny.

[​IMG]

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)